carting89

Aug 2, 2022
Contrary to the popular opinion, I really like the minigames and I also like that MC is present in the game instead of just a POV. I also liked the MC POV in MIST, which is one of my favorite games here, but I like this too. Usually, I don't like sandbox games and minigames in Adult games, but 395games does this so well that the minigames make the experience that much better. I know most people here like to criticize the minigames bcz it is difficult to play time-based minigames with only one hand, but they're being unfair. The Enna's shop minigame was modified in this update and it is very easy and fun, the only downside is that the minigame doesn't reward you for over-performing, you can only get 3 points max each try no matter how good you perform. Moran's fishing minigame has very short windows and sometimes I got only 1 point even after not skipping the minigame. That needs to be adjusted. Since there is a need to replay h-scenes every 5 days or the MC dies, there should be an option to completely skip the scene after the first time. I got bored of replaying Enna's h-job scene a million times over and over. Overall this was a great update but I will most likely not be playing the future updates until the game is finished, I did the same thing with the MIST and it was quite an experience playing the full game at once.

KillerBee487

Sep 18, 2022
Contrary to the popular opinion, I really like the minigames and I also like that MC is present in the game instead of just a POV. I also liked the MC POV in MIST, which is one of my favorite games here, but I like this too. Usually, I don't like sandbox games and minigames in Adult games, but 395games does this so well that the minigames make the experience that much better. I know most people here like to criticize the minigames bcz it is difficult to play time-based minigames with only one hand, but they're being unfair. The Enna's shop minigame was modified in this update and it is very easy and fun, the only downside is that the minigame doesn't reward you for over-performing, you can only get 3 points max each try no matter how good you perform. Moran's fishing minigame has very short windows and sometimes I got only 1 point even after not skipping the minigame. That needs to be adjusted. Since there is a need to replay h-scenes every 5 days or the MC dies, there should be an option to completely skip the scene after the first time. I got bored of replaying Enna's h-job scene a million times over and over. Overall this was a great update but I will most likely not be playing the future updates until the game is finished, I did the same thing with the MIST and it was quite an experience playing the full game at once.
Man i totally agree with this comment. The fishing minigames have always been my weakness, but the jewel of the crown of Morn is going to be the resolution of cases and finding evidences. The experience right now is great, and I can even say way better than in Mist, but i also think that can reach majestic dimensions in new updates.
I hope Rathieu read this, because he's doing an amazing artwork with Morn right now

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Harem tag? Where !?
Since the game is in early développement and the tags at the top MUST reflect what is currently in the game no matter how much or how little of it is in the game, (subject of many fruitless debate) the harem tag will be added when more waifu will be available to whoo. But judging by Rathieu's two previous games, the chances of gaining the tag eventualy are hi.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Monday Update_99.jpg

Hey everyone, I'm back with the first Monday Update after version 0.3 launched successfully. If you haven't left your feedback about the version yet, feel free to do so on the feedback post, it should be the one below this. But that's not what this post is about. Let's talk about what I did since the launch and what I'm planning to do for this next update 0.3.1.

Everything new:

Hanging out: I implemented a new way to spend your time and earn the girls affection. Just like the stargazing and fireplace events in MIST, you can now just sit down with the girls and enjoy each others company. Learn something about them and the world or just chill together for a while. This system is already fully implemented for the current content, but will obviously get expanded in the future. For now you can hang out with Enna and there are six events in total, three during the day and three during the night.
Photo Albums: I've always liked it when games scatter some collectibles in the environment and finding them would unlock some extra renders with the girls. That's why I also implemented a system like that for Children of Morn. Just like the hangouts it'll be expanded on in the future, right now you can find 6 different photo albums in the world. three for Enna and three for Moran. Each one unlocks a little series (3-5 images) of pinup shots. As the story progresses, the images will of course get increasingly more spicy.
The next scene: I've also added a new sex-scene with Enna to the update. This one triggers if you happen to run out of healthpoints. It's already fully written, animated and even rendered (only missing seven more images that I'm doing right now.).
The Planning: This one isn't so exciting, but equally important. I completed the planning for the content that will be included in v0.3.1 and further planned out the first dungeon.
As you might have noticed, the first three points on the list are already implemented and working in the game. They aren't prototypes or ideas. Save for a few tweeks and adjustements they are already completed. That means the entire rest of my time will be spent working on the dungeon that you'll be able to explore for the first time in v0.3.1. Or to say it differently, I'm progressing at a great pace.

Now that doesn't mean the update can be released next week. Working on the dungeon will take time, as the interconnected way in which I want to make it, also means that you'll need access to the entire dungeon from the very beginning. Meaning that I'll have to build a whole lot of environments and need to be 100% sure about which clues to put where, which takes time. On top of that, I'll be moving in the middle of December and there might be a few days in-between where I can't use my PC or don't have internet. But either way, even in the worst case scenario 0.3.1 won't be released any later than January, of that I'm sure. I feel invigorated and am ready to dive into the development.

Which I'll be doing right now! I still gotta do those last few images for the sex-scene today. You'll hear from me soon, I wish everyone a great week!

Dec 14, 2021
the gameplay is cool, the plot is also normal, but then other minor characters can be made better, 3 characters who are the main ones could still be made better, and so that all other types of characters remind me of a game about plasticine men and throw a link, I was pushed away by a game that I can't watch anymore And play

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Just wanted to ask, how do I unlock this first gallery scene with Moran?
I have all the others unlocked, but this one remains locked for some odd reason :unsure: :

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Just wanted to ask, how do I unlock this first gallery scene with Moran?
I have all the others unlocked, but this one remains locked for some odd reason :unsure: :

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Should be 1st times you meet her during storyline

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Well, certainly an interesting story so far, have my theories on where it's going....but *sighs*....more annoying pointless fucking mini-games which do nothing, add nothing and just waste time due to a lack of story...it's all they ever exist for. By the time those are made, developed and tested....could have just continued with the story to give more actual content...but whatever....

At least here the dialogue is not as juvenile with constant repeated screens and text (so far at least)...I really had to force myself to finish MIST....I hope this does not follow the same path.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Monday Update_100.jpg

This Monday Update comes with a little announcement. I'll be releasing a small update (v0.3.1) to Children of Morn before the end of the year. Me and StrayHero (editor for Children of Morn), noticed that the content that exists right now already adds a lot to the game and instead of making you wait until I can make the dungeon, I'll release 0.3.1 soon with the dungeon following in the update after that. More on that after I talk about what I did over the past two weeks.

Everything new:

Bugs and polish: I kept polishing and refining the new hang out system, the photo albums and the new scene. They are now almost ready to be released.
Editing: StrayHero has already proofread and edited the files.
Tutorials: I reworked every single tutorial in the game to make them a bit prettier and more helpful.
Animation Audio: I implemented a new audio channel that lets you adjust the sounds of animations separately from the music, they were coupled before.
Assets: I crafted a ton of new 3D Models and textures. This took forever.
Environments: And I started building the environments for the first dungeon. Among those is the biggest 3D scene I've ever done. It was a challenge, but it went well.

And that is it. 80% of the time was spent building new 3D assets and the environments. As I warned before, I'll have to pretty much build the complete dungeon before I can even start implementing sections of it. MIST's exploration was pretty linear, but I'm planning to grant a little more freedom in Children of Morn, which also means I'll have to prepare more things at once.

Because that all takes so long I decided to split the next update and release what I already have as 0.3.1. The update will include a bunch of hang out events for Enna, collectible photo albums with pin-up shots of Moran and Enna, a new sex scene with Enna and some quality of life improvements like the new tutorials or the new audio channel. It might not sound like much, but let me tell you that this update provides some much needed variety to life in children of Morn and features some quality 18+ content.

When exactly the release will happen is still undecided. I'll have to do some testing and put on the final polish, but it won't be long. As I said, you can expect 0.3.1 in the next few weeks. Until then, I'm back to working on my environments and getting the update ready. I wish everyone a great week!

wikshdyt

Jun 22, 2020
View attachment 3169745

This Monday Update comes with a little announcement. I'll be releasing a small update (v0.3.1) to Children of Morn before the end of the year. Me and StrayHero (editor for Children of Morn), noticed that the content that exists right now already adds a lot to the game and instead of making you wait until I can make the dungeon, I'll release 0.3.1 soon with the dungeon following in the update after that. More on that after I talk about what I did over the past two weeks.

Everything new:

Bugs and polish: I kept polishing and refining the new hang out system, the photo albums and the new scene. They are now almost ready to be released.
Editing: StrayHero has already proofread and edited the files.
Tutorials: I reworked every single tutorial in the game to make them a bit prettier and more helpful.
Animation Audio: I implemented a new audio channel that lets you adjust the sounds of animations separately from the music, they were coupled before.
Assets: I crafted a ton of new 3D Models and textures. This took forever.
Environments: And I started building the environments for the first dungeon. Among those is the biggest 3D scene I've ever done. It was a challenge, but it went well.

And that is it. 80% of the time was spent building new 3D assets and the environments. As I warned before, I'll have to pretty much build the complete dungeon before I can even start implementing sections of it. MIST's exploration was pretty linear, but I'm planning to grant a little more freedom in Children of Morn, which also means I'll have to prepare more things at once.

Because that all takes so long I decided to split the next update and release what I already have as 0.3.1. The update will include a bunch of hang out events for Enna, collectible photo albums with pin-up shots of Moran and Enna, a new sex scene with Enna and some quality of life improvements like the new tutorials or the new audio channel. It might not sound like much, but let me tell you that this update provides some much needed variety to life in children of Morn and features some quality 18+ content.

When exactly the release will happen is still undecided. I'll have to do some testing and put on the final polish, but it won't be long. As I said, you can expect 0.3.1 in the next few weeks. Until then, I'm back to working on my environments and getting the update ready. I wish everyone a great week!
Children of Morn is full of potential and given how much I loved Mist I can't wait! Didn't expect an update so soon so that's a wonderful surprise. Have a great week!

Reactions: feier

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Patreon_Patchnotes_Button.jpg
I promised a new update before the year ends and here it is. Version 0.3.1 of Children of Morn might not be the biggest update I've ever done, but it adds some much needed variety to the game and has a decent amount of NSFW content. Let's get into it.

New Content:

Hang out: 0.3.1 introduces casual hang out events with the girls, specifically Enna. After your little excursion to the theater you can ask her to hang out for some casual conversation. learn more about her or the world and earn a few datepoints along the way. There are six events in total. Three during the day and three during the night.
Pin-ups: Scattered across the game you can now find hidden photo albums, featuring pin-up shots of the girls. There are currently six in total, three for Enna and three for Moran. If you have trouble finding them, check your journal for hints.
A new scene: There's a new "hidden" sex scene in the game. It triggers when you forget to replenish your Lifepoints.
Android: Thanks to the work of Estrada and Wills747 over on F95, my Android versions should now create a secondary save location on your phone that will share saves among versions. It won't really change anything right now, but hopefully it'll make it so you won't have to manually transfer saves in the future.
Changed Content:

Tutorials: I remade every single tutorial screen in the game to be a bit easier to understand and read on both PC and Android. I'm still gonna have to tweek the wording but I think it's already better than before.
Sound: I added a new volume mixer in the options that allows adjustements of the animation sounds separately from the music. In Ren'Py those are usually paired up by default. I also renamed the "Sound Volume" to "Effects Volume".
UI: I tweeked the gallery screen a tiny bit so the scrollbars are a bit prittier and made it so you can scroll with the mousewheel or by dragging on Android.
Typos: StrayHero did another editing pass on previous content and some of the menus to get rid of older typos.
Fishing: I made a small adjustement to the fishing minigame that'll hopefully make it run a little bit smoother on Android, but I don't really know if it'll have much of an impact.
Notes:

I'm really happy with 0.3.1. It's small but adds a lot of much needed variety to the game. With the hang outs, the pin up shots, the dates for Moran and the dungeon and Ennas dates, that will both be added in the future, the game should be brimming with content and plenty to do as a player. But it'll take a little bit more patience till we get there.

I know it's a slow process, but I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end. Those who remember the early days of MIST might remember how different the game once was in comparison to the final version.

That said, I wish everyone a good time with the update! As alwys I'll release the links when the uploads are finished.

unknownguy14

Nov 11, 2020
Mist was a really good game. I'm intrigued by the story elements, tone and characters in Children of Morn so far, looks like it has a lot of potential. Enna and Moran are pretty hot which helps :LOL:

4.10 star(s) 37 Votes