VN Ren'Py Abandoned Craving Curses Reloaded [v0.06.1] [HAG]

3.20 star(s) 9 Votes

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Um. Alright. Trying to play this one. Interesting plot. Since the bar scene with the goblin it smells like American Gods :rolleyes:. That's not definitely bad, I like the series. Graphics looks... OK.

But right now I don't get one thing. After the horrible 100-year old hag leaves the studio (phew! :coldsweat:) and mom calls, then the mc says to Madison that he will take a break and stretch legs. The scene jumps outside of the studio like you're supposed to go somewhere else or at least see something outside of the studio...
Already tried to go everywhere, but nothing happens anywhere, you get bounced back.
Then started to dig through the script and what looks "interesting" is that you just get to 12 scene_points before you jump outside, but the only place where anything at all can be triggered with 12 points is the studio itself! :confused:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So, what was the point jumping out of it? To screw with the players mind, misdirect him? :tf:
Is it a bug or a feature? Or a missing scene? I don't get it. :biggrin:

Led

Jul 16, 2017
I don't get it. I last played this game in mid February. There doesn't seem to be anything new to explore, after this last update, almost 5 months later. Do I perhaps have to restart playing to get access to the new additions to the game? Since, there's literally nothing to do, in the game.

jenandben

Sep 15, 2017
Um. Alright. Trying to play this one. Interesting plot. Since the bar scene with the goblin it smells like American Gods :rolleyes:. That's not definitely bad, I like the series. Graphics looks... OK.

But right now I don't get one thing. After the horrible 100-year old hag leaves the studio (phew! :coldsweat:) and mom calls, then the mc says to Madison that he will take a break and stretch legs. The scene jumps outside of the studio like you're supposed to go somewhere else or at least see something outside of the studio...
Already tried to go everywhere, but nothing happens anywhere, you get bounced back.
Then started to dig through the script and what looks "interesting" is that you just get to 12 scene_points before you jump outside, but the only place where anything at all can be triggered with 12 points is the studio itself! :confused:

So, what was the point jumping out of it? To screw with the players mind, misdirect him? :tf:
Is it a bug or a feature? Or a missing scene? I don't get it. :biggrin:
The player says he wants to take a break. And after the break, he goes back to work. Maybe that was the failed attempt to introduce the new locations on the map.
By the way: I'm happy when Ira finally starts to work :D

I don't get it. I last played this game in mid February. There doesn't seem to be anything new to explore, after this last update, almost 5 months later. Do I perhaps have to restart playing to get access to the new additions to the game? Since, there's literally nothing to do, in the game.
The problem already had many. New content comes when you restart the game. Or try to load a slightly older savegame.

jenandben

Sep 15, 2017
Hag is watching us :D

Feedback V0.03
Jul 3 at 10:11pm
Hi all :)
I`m very excited about all your feedbacks that I´ve received since CRAVING CURSES reloaded V0.03 appeared and I just want to say thank you for all your support, patients and great words!
Having said this, I also got some very important feedbacks about diffrent bugs that I would like to share with you since I want to make the game development and the journey more transparent.

Known bugs:

Name jbsyn’ is not defined
This message appears twice at the beginning of the game when you turn Judith Baker away. A subsequent checkback causes this issue. I`m working on this problem! Just ignore that issue by clicking "ignore" and continue.

There is nothing I can do at lunchtime
Some players reported they can`t do anything as soon as they go for lunchtime (Third day).
All you have left is to finish your lunch break and go back to The-e-Art to continue working.

Explanation: This break is intended to explore the newly available areas and places that have been added in V0.03. Unfortunately, this is not sufficiently obvious. I will add more ‘sidecontent’ and guarantee you more activitys with the next update V0.04 to transform your break into an enjoyable amazing time! :)

V0.03 has no content
I've also been told that some players have loaded their latest checkpoint but can't do anything. The story doesn't continue and it seems like I published an update without any content.

Solution: Start a new game!
When loading the old savegame, errors may occur that won`t occur with a new savegame.

Pause screen indicates that I`m playing V0.02
While pausing the game you`ll see the picture of V0.02 which is displayed in the background. That`s confusing!
To be honest.....I really just forgot to update that picture and will fix that issue with the upcoming premium update!

Players were asking for a walkthrough!
I do understand that more and more coming content might cause more and longer trys to find the place that you actually want or have to find.

Will there be an official walkthrough?
No!

I decided not to write a walkthrough.. at least not yet.
I could imagine to do this in the future but I currently don`t like this idea. It`s just boring to create a text explaining you how to play the game. Otherwise I`d have to create a movie and not game, right?

But what`s next? When considering how to point the player in the right direction again, I loved the proposal to make a journal.

What is a journal?
Most of you know what it is. A journal is a logbook which indicates key points of what has happened so far and shows what needs to be done next.

Example:
You've completed a scene and you don't know where to go. The journal shows a hint saying :" The working day was exthausting... I need a beer." And the best place to get a cold beer is....right, Wallis pub! :)
I will implement this feature with V0.04. Maybe I can manage to integrate this feature in the premium version of V0.03. We will see...

As always, I'm very happy about your feedbacks. Please don't hesitate to message me if you notice anything. I visit various other sites and look for feedbacks from other sources to get as much input as possible.

I am already looking forward to finishing V0.04.
But the first one will be the premium version of the game which includes nice animations waiting for you :)

Information about the release of the premium version will be available soon.

Cheers,
HAG

R

RWaites

V0.03 PREMIUM VERSION! .. I am working on it
Jul 18 at 10:45am

The latest animations for the premium version are currently rendering. Unfortunately, rendering animations takes almost years. To generate some speed here, I use a second PC to finish faster.

If everything works out, then I will publish the premium version in about 7-10 days.

The Premium version will be available exclusively for my $ 22 patrons

jenandben

Sep 15, 2017
The artworks are fantastic! I'm curious what this new character in the game plays for a role. I hope HAG does not need that long again for the next update. I really want to know how the story continues! Does anyone have more information about the next update? On patreon you only see 08-2018 on the roadmap. But we all know that HAG like to shift his releases a few weeks.

R

RWaites

CRAVING CURSES reloaded v0.03 +PREMIUM
Jul 27 at 3:59pm

(2,5 GB @ MEGA)

(2,5 GB @ MEGA)

jenandben

Sep 15, 2017
Jul 27 at 3:59pm

(2,5 GB @ MEGA)

(2,5 GB @ MEGA)
Thanks RWaites! Directly played. Very few animations for $ 22, right? But I think the game is still great and I will continue to support Hag on patreon.

Reactions: RWaites

jenandben

Sep 15, 2017
Work during holidays? What you should know!
Aug 1 at 7:55pm

Today is the 1st of august and I start my vacation tomorrow! One week off, nothing to do, no appointments, no stress and just chill out.

Well, not quite.
Time for a trip? No....
Time to switch off? No...
Finally have time to do everything that you do not have time for? Nearly!

My free week is all about CRAVING CURSES reloaded V0.04 !!!

The story is already finished, the dialogues are about 70% done and I have already started to create and render the first pictures. A good friend gives me his computer again, so rendering is faster. Also the translation of the game is already in progress (thanks to Irasor).

Since I've been wrong many times in the past, I will not announce a release date yet.
I plan to release version 0.04 in August. The holiday should help.

More information soon!

And now enjoy the summer :)

Cheers,
HAG

3.20 star(s) 9 Votes