BFC 78

Jan 23, 2022
not pissing on your spelling but was genuinely confused. for all i knew there might have been a mary as well
no worries and maybe there is a Mary? there was another blonde girl round beginning of game

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
what this game needs is an in game guide / walkthrough, choices select etc like other mods do. Can't stand to pop in and out of the game all the time.

sergesan

Aug 3, 2018
The MC is not human at all...
No human heals from a crushed skull the way the mc healed
ok maybe he isnt human, but what gets me is ....why doesnt he asks the right questions,he is as if it would not matter for him...but i as fan want to know the answers to the questions....what happend to the girls??? why are they all vampires now....wheres your mom now...nobody seems to care....only where and how to find the boring hamsters....do i play a vn or do i have to check every single picture!?

• Haha
Reactions: Tanurak

Shenhan

Apr 7, 2018
Here is a walkthrough PDF for the game. Also includes the basic locations for all the hamsters (will give you the dialogue that hamster appears and the name of the image unlocked).

If you find any errors (I have not double checked everything too much), let me know.

Edit: Updated to v0.14.1
Hey I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm using your walkthrough and I'm coming across options where I have to choose between things like [MikoL++] and [MikoL+=2]. My question is, what do they mean? I'm thinking the first one is 'two love points' because it has has two '+' signs while the other only has one, but then that has an '=2' that I can't work out. Which ones better? Because I'm confused.

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
Hey I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm using your walkthrough and I'm coming across options where I have to choose between things like [MikoL++] and [MikoL+=2]. My question is, what do they mean? I'm thinking the first one is 'two love points' because it has has two '+' signs while the other only has one, but then that has an '=2' that I can't work out. Which ones better? Because I'm confused.
On the first page, I typically put what they stand for and their color (in this case, they stand for love points).

As for the ++ and +=, I just borrow that from programming. ++ means increment by 1, while += means add the number to the current variable's value (for example, if you have 3 MikoL points already and it says MikoL+=2, that means if you chose it, MikoL will then be 5).

Edit: For a better example, x++ would x = x + 1, and x+=2 would be x = x + 2.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Shenhan

Apr 7, 2018
On the first page, I typically put what they stand for and their color (in this case, they stand for love points).

As for the ++ and +=, I just borrow that from programming. ++ means increment by 1, while += means add the number to the current variable's value (for example, if you have 3 MikoL points already and it says MikoL+=2, that means if you chose it, MikoL will then be 5).

...Yeah. I'm sorry, but that just seems like a confusing way of saying +1 and +2.

Thanks for the explanation though.

Reactions: nzn

nzn

Aug 9, 2019

that was the most confusing thing ever. unless you've written this explanation in that description on the first page as well might as well not bother with any numbers i recon. i would imagine that the ++ is +2 while guess that +=2 would be +1 or set to 2 witch ever is more or something. +1, +2 etc takes same or lower amount of symbols and is intuitive to modern people (mostly due to online communication) so unless you specifically write with programmers in mind maybe consider using that? alternatively perhaps write a description of that (unless as stated it is already there).

out of curiosity why is +=2 used instead of +2 in programming languages? I don't remember that being the case when i dabbled in some basic programming decades ago (man i feel old now)

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
that was the most confusing thing ever. unless you've written this explanation in that description on the first page as well might as well not bother with any numbers i recon. i would imagine that the ++ is +2 while guess that +=2 would be +1 or set to 2 witch ever is more or something. +1, +2 etc takes same or lower amount of symbols and is intuitive to modern people (mostly due to online communication) so unless you specifically write with programmers in mind maybe consider using that? alternatively perhaps write a description of that (unless as stated it is already there).

out of curiosity why is +=2 used instead of +2 in programming languages? I don't remember that being the case when i dabbled in some basic programming decades ago (man i feel old now)
It is probably confusing since I am bad at explaining it.
As for changing it, I could, but this is the first time I have had anyone question it (out of the 5-7 other walkthroughs I have done), and it easier for me to think about. I will think about it though.

I believe it is done as it is less to write for the programmer (x+=2 instead of x = x + 2), and it may be a tad bit faster for the computer (not sure about this one though). I first learned C where they use the unary operators ++/-- (Python does not have it I do not believe), so that is why it is ingrained for me. Hopefully that is all correct.

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
It is probably confusing since I am bad at explaining it.
As for changing it, I could, but this is the first time I have had anyone question it (out of the 5-7 other walkthroughs I have done), and it easier for me to think about. I will think about it though.

I believe it is done as it is less to write for the programmer (x+=2 instead of x = x + 2), and it may be a tad bit faster for the computer (not sure about this one though). I first learned C where they use the unary operators ++/-- (Python does not have it I do not believe), so that is why it is ingrained for me. Hopefully that is all correct.
I downloaded a walkthrough just to check it out. it's barely comprehensible with the knowledge of what that is supposed to mean. if it is really easier for you to use this weird system you could make it better in one of 2 ways:
1 write everything as you do, leave a working version and before putting it here make an edited version using a replace command (i think word has a replace words with, adobe probably too)
2 just write in the explanation that +=2 means +2 because it seems to come from some alien language

as to why nobody question it prior, well that is a brilliant question. I do have a few theories tho:
maybe this forum is just filled with programmers
alternatively perhaps the other games attract programmers
perhaps people just assume a meaning and roll with it
people are just embarrassed to ask

obviously you do you in the end. but with my interest in linguistics and communication this is legitimately fascinating
i think i'll ask a couple acquaintances/friends just how would they would understand this if i get the chance

also wouldn't x = x + 2 shorten to x=+2 instead of x+=2? this almost looks like x+__=2

TheDick69+

Jun 29, 2021
I downloaded a walkthrough just to check it out. it's barely comprehensible with the knowledge of what that is supposed to mean. if it is really easier for you to use this weird system you could make it better in one of 2 ways:
1 write everything as you do, leave a working version and before putting it here make an edited version using a replace command (i think word has a replace words with, adobe probably too)
2 just write in the explanation that +=2 means +2 because it seems to come from some alien language

as to why nobody question it prior, well that is a brilliant question. I do have a few theories tho:

obviously you do you in the end. but with my interest in linguistics and communication this is legitimately fascinating
i think i'll ask a couple acquaintances/friends just how would they would understand this if i get the chance

also wouldn't x = x + 2 shorten to x=+2 instead of x+=2? this almost looks like x+__=2
This a RenPy game so += 2 is RenPy language which is the right one to use. By that you can learn to read a .rpy file after a while if you see the commands and then you don't need a WT. You can be your own WT! :ROFLMAO: And if you use unren.bat you do your oww cheats if you feel like it. So if you wanna ad 2 to Lust (if that's a variable in a game), you write "$ Lust += 2" in the console.

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020

Thanks for the feedback (if you have anymore, you can message me since this is off topic). I will probably leave alone for now, but if more people ask about it, I will probably do #1.

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
Can't we have a competent MC for once instead of a idiot always thinking about tits and vaginas? For a detective mc sometime feels pretty incompetent
honestly he was way better at this at the start of the game (i did have low expectations but mc did do rather ok in investigating and noting strange things as well as asking questions). and i guess that one could say that mc got overwhelmed by all this new shit (doesn't feel like it tho).
in all reality it is more likely that the author got overly fixated with cliffhangers and what not and the writing suffered as a result. Hope this changes for the better for i really liked this game

xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
Is it just me or is this a reference?
1660882653467.png
If yes, my laughing wasn't for naught.

hint: it's related to earrape

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
honestly he was way better at this at the start of the game (i did have low expectations but mc did do rather ok in investigating and noting strange things as well as asking questions). and i guess that one could say that mc got overwhelmed by all this new shit (doesn't feel like it tho).
in all reality it is more likely that the author got overly fixated with cliffhangers and what not and the writing suffered as a result. Hope this changes for the better for i really liked this game
One example is that,some wannabe gangster girls threw him on the ground, pinned him on the ground sitting on his back, threatened him with a effing baseball bat for God knows whatever reason and his reaction as a detective/special agent is like , "I'm confused, I shouldn't tell anyone about it, and most importantly I would do absolutely nothing about the fact that someone bitches assaulted law enforcement. Everyone gives him middle finger for nothing, pushes him around fir no reason and his reaction is to fangirl over everything with tits and vaginas. I guess he's overwhelmed because of the new revelations but he shows absolutely no sign of improvement.
I don't expect a giga chad MC like City of broken dreamers, Alexandra or Hot sand of Antarctica but he's pretty weak willed for a special agent. Dev needs to man him up.

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
One example is that,some wannabe gangster girls threw him on the ground, pinned him on the ground sitting on his back, threatened him with a effing baseball bat for God knows whatever reason and his reaction as a detective/special agent is like , "I'm confused, I shouldn't tell anyone about it, and most importantly I would do absolutely nothing about the fact that someone bitches assaulted law enforcement. Everyone gives him middle finger for nothing, pushes him around fir no reason and his reaction is to fangirl over everything with tits and vaginas. I guess he's overwhelmed because of the new revelations but he shows absolutely no sign of improvement.
I don't expect a giga chad MC like City of broken dreamers, Alexandra or Hot sand of Antarctica but he's pretty weak willed for a special agent. Dev needs to man him up.
emm since he basically yeeted the one on his back and clearly saw that only one of them was hostile i'm not sure if narcing on them was needed. somewhat depends on the followup tho

Reactions: Greily

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
emm since he basically yeeted the one on his back and clearly saw that only one of them was hostile i'm not sure if narcing on them was needed. somewhat depends on the followup tho
I don't think you get away by assaulting law enforcement. I didn’t expect him to go John Wick on them but I expected a sensible reaction.

4.40 star(s) 87 Votes