Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
I'm actually downloading that right now lol

As far as a school setting type VN tho, I really enjoy Ripples, Eternum (OiaL too), Lessons in Love, Sensei Overnight, Waifu Academy, Intertwined, Murmur, Headmaster, Summer's Gone, etc. I can't really point to a VN I actually disliked beyond just being annoyed by shitty machine translations or really obnoxious free roam systems. LiL gets a pass on that point since the story and characters are just so damn intriguing.
Fall of the Angels has a good story going to it in my opinion so hopefully you enjoy it, what about Trouble in Paradise?

If you're looking at school setting you also have another few big name games like WVM, University of Problems, Shale Hill Secrets.

You could also try Stormside, it just had an update today, it's not very far along but it's had a promising start.

If you liked Waifu Academy you could try Hot Springs Academy, again not far along but looks promising.

Reactions: jamyong

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
Fall of the Angels has a good story going to it in my opinion so hopefully you enjoy it, what about Trouble in Paradise?

If you're looking at school setting you also have another few big name games like WVM, University of Problems, Shale Hill Secrets.

You could also try Stormside, it just had an update today, it's not very far along but it's had a promising start.

If you liked Waifu Academy you could try Hot Springs Academy, again not far along but looks promising.
Trouble in Paradise didn't really catch my attention when I tried it, but that was a while ago so I may give it another go. I really enjoy Hot Springs Academy tho, I can't wait for it to update.
But besides WVM, I haven't heard of the others you mentioned, so I'm gonna check those out forsure. I appreciate the suggestions

Reactions: Jimskeleton

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
Trouble in Paradise didn't really catch my attention when I tried it, but that was a while ago so I may give it another go. I really enjoy Hot Springs Academy tho, I can't wait for it to update.
But besides WVM, I haven't heard of the others you mentioned, so I'm gonna check those out forsure. I appreciate the suggestions
Twisted fates you might enjoy also (no sex yet though). Anyway, if you want more recommendations, you can ask in the recommendations forum. Do not want to get too off topic in this thread.

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
Like bjhbjh1234 mentioned I would also agree with Twisted Fates, you can find it in my sig, and also Evermore, it also has the whole school setting, mystery/paranormally vibe to it, again can find it in my sig, but yeah agree probably shouldn't keep taking this off topic, but hopefully that gives you a few things to check out at least for now.

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
Yeah there are definitely quite a few school-setting ones, but very few of them are actually worth the time sink. I prefer when they're a little more fantasy driven or with mystery and/or horror elements as opposed to just slice of life type stuff. I also prefer the protagonist to be an authority figure as opposed to just another student.
well this is a bit more defined. while I can think of a few ones that fill a portion of those boxes I can't remember of a good one to fill all of them. you might want to try "Recommendations & Identification" part of the forum witch honestly seems the place to look in general until they rework the tag system, if ever. i'll check my playlogs/save backups and notes but if i forgot those games (seen some academy titled games on a cursory glance) chances are they weren't that stellar.

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
Hard to know exactly what you would like, have you tried Fall of the Angels?
Fall of angels was good at the beginning. But now mc is too much of a goodie two shoes. Villain and her lackey Killed countless people. But MC is too much retarded to punish any heneious crime.
Imagine if someone thought, "Hitler may have killed 6M+ people but I can't kill him. Or what's the difference between him and me!"

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
Here is a walkthrough PDF for the game. Also includes the basic locations for all the hamsters (will give you the dialogue that hamster appears and the name of the image unlocked).

If you find any errors (I have not double checked everything too much), let me know.

Edit: Updated to v0.14.1
Edit 2: Fixed Touka1 hamster location.
I think a list with images encircling the hamsters would be more useful, because some are really hard to find, even when you know which passage they're on, and they're really small too, so swiping your cursor around until you hear a sound isn't a solution either in those cases.

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
I think a list with images encircling the hamsters would be more useful, because some are really hard to find, even when you know which passage they're on, and they're really small too, so swiping your cursor around until you hear a sound isn't a solution either in those cases.
I will probably add pictures eventually, but I do not have the time to do that right at the moment or the near future; I probably should have done it at the first release, but I figured most were not too bad (bad assumption on my part). If someone else wants to add them to the guide, that would be a big help.

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
I will probably add pictures eventually, but I do not have the time to do that right at the moment or the near future; I probably should have done it at the first release, but I figured most were not too bad (bad assumption on my part). If someone else wants to add them to the guide, that would be a big help.
Don't worry, I understand, the game isn't finished yet, so there will be more later anyways.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
Just click the mouse wheel really fast. The hamsters are apart of the UI, not the renders. As a result, when you hide the UI the hamsters also vanish. It's far easier to find a blinking hamster than a stationary one. I only really had trouble finding one hamster overall.

Reactions: Dimmuborrgir

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
Just click the mouse wheel really fast. The hamsters are apart of the UI, not the renders. As a result, when you hide the UI the hamsters also vanish. It's far easier to find a blinking hamster than a stationary one. I only really had trouble finding one hamster overall.
I tried that, but it only worked with a few, pictures would still be the best thing though.

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
I tried that, but it only worked with a few, pictures would still be the best thing though.
you also might want to try a bit before when walkthrough tells you to. IIRC there were posts about some hamsters having been moved to or the walkthrough being inaccurate or something aling these lines (especially if a lot of narrative text happened prior)

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
Here's a cheeky solution to the problem. Unzip the attached into CrimsonHigh-0.14.1\game\images. It'll replace the spacehamster photos that come with the game and make them much easier to see
glorious. the most elegant part is that if the creator doesn't specifically try to prevent this by muddling names this should also work for all future updates. wish i thought of that

rdsxn

Sep 16, 2017
Hmm, this update had an awful lot of talk about MC being attracted to everyone and having no choice in the matter, and I hope it's not an indication that players are going to be forced into relationships with everyone regardless of previous choices. It could just be a plot device that gets cleared up in future updates, but as someone who particularly dislikes being railroaded into a harem with every character, I'd be pretty disappointed if previous choices in the game end up proving meaningless.

TaintedLuck

Dec 7, 2017
If i had any complains its how it ends abruptly and on a cliff hanger but i appreciate how much work it is to actually make just wish it wasnt so short, in game the update didnt even cover a day, a few hours at most continuing at lunch time end and sometime after school presumably befor dinner

Reactions: gadu2121

Memento_cx

Jan 21, 2021
Curse you Vertigo! I love this game and count the days between every update but the cliffhangers.. THE CLIFFHANGERS!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!:HideThePain:

gadu2121

Dec 27, 2019
Yeah too much cliffhanger kill cliffhanger...
I mean it's ok from time on time and if something big for the story. But here it's annoying.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Yeah too much cliffhanger kill cliffhanger...
I mean it's ok from time on time and if something big for the story. But here it's annoying.
When people are doing episodic releases over time, there's always a temptation to try and make every ending a bit of a cliffhanger, to keep you wanting more.

It can definitely get annoying (and can lead to awkward pacing in the finished product once it's complete), but in moderation it's not too bad.

4.50 star(s) 88 Votes