molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
I don't think you get away by assaulting law enforcement. I didn’t expect him to go John Wick on them but I expected a sensible reaction.
Ok I think his action is sensible.

1. He does not want to hurt the girls
2. Many have ways to protect themselves so not good idea to make enemies of them (after all not human)
3. He is trying to befriend them to get information from them he is investigating a murder

How would you face down a ghoul? Or how about one that is many times stronger than you in strength? Human vs some of them is like an adult male attacking a girl who has not been trained in any combat.. that is a no contest.

So to me it's been good sensible writing for the situation he is in.

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
Ok I think his action is sensible.

1. He does not want to hurt the girls
2. Many have ways to protect themselves so not good idea to make enemies of them (after all not human)
3. He is trying to befriend them to get information from them he is investigating a murder

How would you face down a ghoul? Or how about one that is many times stronger than you in strength? Human vs some of them is like an adult male attacking a girl who has not been trained in any combat.. that is a no contest.

So to me it's been good sensible writing for the situation he is in.
Yeah people often forget that this mc isn't in a stage of the game when he can impose his will or use violence against anything that he find, see how may be entities that can kill him with the snap of a finger. If you ask me he did the sensible thing trying to defuse the situation and talk his way out of it, after all he is facing 3 unknown girls that can kill him instantly.

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
I don't think you get away by assaulting law enforcement. I didn’t expect him to go John Wick on them but I expected a sensible reaction.
not entirely sure where you're from (have some suspicions) but where I'm at you defuse a situation first (witch he did) and call for backup only if you can't do that not call for backup and begin violence. the assault angle really depends what your goal as a police officer is: sure you could do that but
1: you are trying to get young lives ruined for shits and giggles, many judges don't look kindly to this;
2: he's been just transferred to a new unit, and the rules of it seem a bit nebulous. not a good first move to provably maliciously start legal nonsense. not to mention that news would travel fast witch would put a damper on all other interactions (especially if agent bitch returned for some extra-racial harassment)
3: the girl who clearly is the actual culprit is guilty of at maximum instigation and threats anyway witch is a bit less than assault in most places. could try getting you for entrapment as well.
the more i think of that the more i like how that was written.
what i was talking about was less I need to prove my gigaalphachadcred and more along i need to focus on the weird statements and ask pointed questions. you know like a detective. I'd say not like in the movies, but there are enough movies with that stile of writing so idk not like Michael Bay movies. as stated right before the scene you are primarily an investigator, you're supposed to leave most fights to your overpowered enforcer
sorry for the slight tangent. a bit to tired to trim this post down

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
Yeah people often forget that this mc isn't in a stage of the game when he can impose his will or use violence against anything that he find, see how may be entities that can kill him with the snap of a finger. If you ask me he did the sensible thing trying to defuse the situation and talk his way out of it, after all he is facing 3 unknown girls that can kill him instantly.
First of all there's no mention of those girls can kill him instantly. Someone with that much power won't threaten you with baseball bat. Secondly he walks around a dangerous place without any precautions at all leaving everything to fate.
That situation I mentioned is one of many that makes me think mc isn't as competent as dev wanted to make him to be.

Reactions: AbsoluteWhite

Joshua3883

Feb 19, 2018
Here is a walkthrough PDF for the game. Also includes the basic locations for all the hamsters (will give you the dialogue that hamster appears and the name of the image unlocked).

If you find any errors (I have not double checked everything too much), let me know.

Edit: Updated to v0.14.1
The only hamster I cannot find is the one that shows up during the Touka dialogue at the beginning where she says "so what do you want to know" no hamster shows up at all

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
The only hamster I cannot find is the one that shows up during the Touka dialogue at the beginning where she says "so what do you want to know" no hamster shows up at all
Sorry, that is a mistake (not sure if it got changed or I messed up). The hamsters appears a little before that when Touka says ""Sure, yeah. I've got something in mind."

Reactions: bravoski

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
Even with using the walkthrough, I only have 31 out of 42 hamsters, even though I made sure to get every single one, no exception.

Also, by using a frame perfect right-click, I found out that during the "glitch" in the Miko dream, it shows Yukari, will the reason for that get revealed at some point?

It seems the gallery only unlocks stuff when you open the game the next time.

Last edited:

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
Even with using the walkthrough, I only have 31 out of 42 hamsters, even though I made sure to get every single one, no exception.

Also, by using a frame perfect right-click, I found out that during the "glitch" in the Miko dream, it shows Yukari, will the reason for that get revealed at some point?

It seems the gallery only unlocks stuff when you open the game the next time.
did you click on 42 hamsters? also if you use ingame phone to view them they are displayed in order of unlock so might give a hint which ones you are missing perhaps go back to those places and check for hamsters (might be a bug with registering the clicks or something)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
did you click on 42 hamsters? also if you use ingame phone to view them they are displayed in order of unlock so might give a hint which ones you are missing perhaps go back to those places and check for hamsters (might be a bug with registering the clicks or something)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I could've sworn I did, but I'll do another sweep.

It's likely, but she didn't even meet the MC yet.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
Don't know who to reply too, so I'll just throw this inter the ether and see if it sticks.

The issue with the "assault" can be summed up pretty easily. I don't think the protagonist is weak, nor is there a writing problem, nor even a character problem. The protagonist simply comes across as "passive" at times. As if he doesn't care in the least what happens to, or around him. Sometimes he fights back, as seen with wolf girl on the roof, or white vampire at his house. However, this scene is a primary example of the "passive" scene.

I don't believe the protagonist actually is passive, a bit dull maybe, but not passive. I think the issue is the same thing a lot of developers have, especially those that do smaller, more frequent updates. They plan for each update rather than think about the game as a whole. (This update did a better job tho).

The most common strategy used in this game so far as been the shock factor cliffhangers. However, as a result of these cliffhangers, the dev has to quickly defuse many of the interactions or make them out to be less of a big deal. While this works occasionally, the assault scene is a clear example of when it doesn't land properly.

While these cliffhangers can be kinda fun or even funny while reading them weekly, they can be jarring while reading it all at once. I remember a few updates ago, I hadn't played in a few months, resulting in 2-3 updates I needed to catch up on. I could clearly identify the moments in which each update ended. That's not really a good thing lol. It just made for a somewhat awkward read through. I think this is the real disconnect between those who didn't like the assault scene, and those who are desperately attempting to defend it.

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
does anyone have any recommendations for similar games to this? I just binge read all of this over the weekend thinking it was a lot further along in the story, and now I'm anxious for more school-setting type stories with or without the light fantasy/mystery elements. I'm all caught up on Eternum, Lessons in Love, and Sensei Overnight, which all had updates recently, so I need something new

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
Don't know who to reply too, so I'll just throw this inter the ether and see if it sticks.

The issue with the "assault" can be summed up pretty easily. I don't think the protagonist is weak, nor is there a writing problem, nor even a character problem. The protagonist simply comes across as "passive" at times. As if he doesn't care in the least what happens to, or around him. Sometimes he fights back, as seen with wolf girl on the roof, or white vampire at his house. However, this scene is a primary example of the "passive" scene.

I don't believe the protagonist actually is passive, a bit dull maybe, but not passive. I think the issue is the same thing a lot of developers have, especially those that do smaller, more frequent updates. They plan for each update rather than think about the game as a whole. (This update did a better job tho).

The most common strategy used in this game so far as been the shock factor cliffhangers. However, as a result of these cliffhangers, the dev has to quickly defuse many of the interactions or make them out to be less of a big deal. While this works occasionally, the assault scene is a clear example of when it doesn't land properly.

While these cliffhangers can be kinda fun or even funny while reading them weekly, they can be jarring while reading it all at once. I remember a few updates ago, I hadn't played in a few months, resulting in 2-3 updates I needed to catch up on. I could clearly identify the moments in which each update ended. That's not really a good thing lol. It just made for a somewhat awkward read through. I think this is the real disconnect between those who didn't like the assault scene, and those who are desperately attempting to defend it.
while i don't think i was defending the scene, this pretty much paraphrased some of my thoughts of this while expanding and linking them in a way i didn't. cliffhangers are especially dumb to me due to how i tend to play. the assault scene was definitely not the most egregious and the more i analysed it the more i was OK with it, but the cliffhanger feel was indeed still jarring. honestly that "fight" still needed deescalation witch was achieved.

one reason this might be such a polarizing issue is that some parts of the world have a much more draconian police forces and laws then others. but that is neither here nor there.

in either case thank you for these thoughts for they helped me formulate and evolve my own opinion on the matter

Reactions: chainedpanda

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
does anyone have any recommendations for similar games to this? I just binge read all of this over the weekend thinking it was a lot further along in the story, and now I'm anxious for more school-setting type stories with or without the light fantasy/mystery elements. I'm all caught up on Eternum, Lessons in Love, and Sensei Overnight, which all had updates recently, so I need something new
you might want to narrow down a bit of what you are looking for precisely. i think perhaps a fourth of the games here either have a school setting or a school-like part in them. at least that is the impression i got from my time here.

Greily

Mar 4, 2018
I think he has acted pretty good up to this point. He's not a door mat nor is he an overly aggressive prick. I do think as a detective he should have been able to properly grasp that she was attempting to ghoul him. Instead he really was thinking with his dick in that situation. The fact that he recovered his good sense only to highlight his chivalry was kinda...boring. Could have given us a branch where he doesn't stop her and she chickens out or something, you lose a point with her and mebbe Yui but the player has the option to feel like he's properly manly for making the big bad vampire cry...

Cliffhangers suck if overused, now I'm just gonna assume that anywhere that even looks like it could be is one. There's some of the tension sucked right out the story. :p

Greily

Mar 4, 2018
Demons of the Hearth is actually pretty great. The school elements are less at play, but none the less it's got good writing and scenes. The soundtrack is at least mostly a nice break from the usual. The girls are a great mix of body types and personalities.
The MC is even worth praising. He's coolheaded and calculating, but still has some depth which is saying something given his starting circumstances.

There's enough intrigue to cover your interest in mystery, and there's demons and modest use of magic.

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
Demons of the Hearth is actually pretty great. The school elements are less at play, but none the less it's got good writing and scenes. The soundtrack is at least mostly a nice break from the usual. The girls are a great mix of body types and personalities.
The MC is even worth praising. He's coolheaded and calculating, but still has some depth which is saying something given his starting circumstances.

There's enough intrigue to cover your interest in mystery, and there's demons and modest use of magic.
Awesome, I hadn't heard of that one. I'll check it out. I appreciate the breakdown, it sounds pretty good

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
you might want to narrow down a bit of what you are looking for precisely. i think perhaps a fourth of the games here either have a school setting or a school-like part in them. at least that is the impression i got from my time here.
Yeah there are definitely quite a few school-setting ones, but very few of them are actually worth the time sink. I prefer when they're a little more fantasy driven or with mystery and/or horror elements as opposed to just slice of life type stuff. I also prefer the protagonist to be an authority figure as opposed to just another student.

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
Yeah there are definitely quite a few school-setting ones, but very few of them are actually worth the time sink. I prefer when they're a little more fantasy driven or with mystery and/or horror elements as opposed to just slice of life type stuff. I also prefer the protagonist to be an authority figure as opposed to just another student.
Hard to know exactly what you would like, have you tried Fall of the Angels?

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
Hard to know exactly what you would like, have you tried Fall of the Angels?
I'm actually downloading that right now lol

As far as a school setting type VN tho, I really enjoy Ripples, Eternum (OiaL too), Lessons in Love, Sensei Overnight, Waifu Academy, Intertwined, Murmur, Headmaster, Summer's Gone, etc. I can't really point to a VN I actually disliked beyond just being annoyed by shitty machine translations or really obnoxious free roam systems. LiL gets a pass on that point since the story and characters are just so damn intriguing.

4.50 star(s) 88 Votes