Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
So looking through and comparing it to others there, I think one factor may have been that there wasn't a lot of info about the game in the first post - and it didn't even have a link to the game itself. I don't think a lot of people would have cared about a mislabeled title, but if they don't know why they would want to play the game, they'd move on pretty quickly. You did have a bit more info in the 2.0 update post, but you only posted it as a response without updating the first post, so people who weren't already invested wouldn't have seen it. So I've tried to put together a rough draft of what I think might make for a better first post that conveys the "hook".

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hmm... Somehow that felt longer in my head. I feel like there was an entire section I forgot or something. >.>

Anyway, I'd say I'm looking forward to playing the new update tomorrow, but my computer chair broke and my current placeholder chair isn't good for... doing anything fun. (Or even sitting up straight, to be honest.) So it looks like it's gonna be an even longer wait for me.

Reactions: mkrudesign

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
So looking through and comparing it to others there, I think one factor may have been that there wasn't a lot of info about the game in the first post - and it didn't even have a link to the game itself. I don't think a lot of people would have cared about a mislabeled title, but if they don't know why they would want to play the game, they'd move on pretty quickly. You did have a bit more info in the 2.0 update post, but you only posted it as a response without updating the first post, so people who weren't already invested wouldn't have seen it. So I've tried to put together a rough draft of what I think might make for a better first post that conveys the "hook".

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hmm... Somehow that felt longer in my head. I feel like there was an entire section I forgot or something. >.>

Anyway, I'd say I'm looking forward to playing the new update tomorrow, but my computer chair broke and my current placeholder chair isn't good for... doing anything fun. (Or even sitting up straight, to be honest.) So it looks like it's gonna be an even longer wait for me.
Thanks, I think I'll just create a new post on the game. If you don't mind, I'm going to copy a fair bit of your post since it seems pretty comprehensive. I'll just tweak some parts here and there to make it more accurate.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
The latest version of Crimson Veil is now available to download! I'm trying one thing new with this release: I've created and Android/iOS version.

I do not have an android device to test this version and I'm not sure how the iOS version would work, so if someone could help me out with that, I'd greatly appreciate it! I have an iPhone, but I assume that I would need to have a jail broken device to run it? If anyone can explain it better, I would be more than happy to include instructions on future releases for dummies like me. For now, consider these mobile ports of the game to be a work in progress. If I can actually get this game to run on my phone, I would be really happy!

Check out the link to download and play the game right now!

Reactions: Anastari

Anastari

Jun 6, 2020
I restarted and did a new playthrough; I think I found a small bug. When talking to the dog next to the stable in town, the icon changes to bianca?

123.png

Runastia

May 11, 2018
So from what i've seen in the Walkthrough you can only turn into a vampire and have a vampire route or are the others and i missed reading about them?

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
So from what i've seen in the Walkthrough you can only turn into a vampire and have a vampire route or are the others and i missed reading about them?
There is one "main" vampire route, which has it's own dedicated story separate from the main one. However, there are alternate bad endings where you can play as a vampire, though the sections are shorter and self contained.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Will there be other transformation routes like the vampire one later?
There will most likely not be any further full length routes aside from the main one and the vampire route. What there will be is further extended endings where you can briefly play as a transformed heroine.

Gokudera

Apr 27, 2017
Is it possible to beat Dorian with this update?
EDIT: Also, since I forgot, if you happened to have activate his quest beforehand, the merchand of the antiques store still gives you the quest when you meet him in the main storyline.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Is it possible to beat Dorian with this update?
EDIT: Also, since I forgot, if you happened to have activate his quest beforehand, the merchand of the antiques store still gives you the quest when you meet him in the main storyline.
Possible? Perhaps. Nothing is yet programmed to happen if you beat him though.

Apr 15, 2020
not the biggest fan of the art but the thing irritated me the most was making all the monster girls minions of satan. really dislike when people do that in games.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
not the biggest fan of the art but the thing irritated me the most was making all the monster girls minions of satan. really dislike when people do that in games.
All of the monster girls are not minions of satan. Only vampires are specifically called minions of satan.

Apr 15, 2020
All of the monster girls are not minions of satan. Only vampires are specifically called minions of satan.
and the succubus as well unless you changed that part since i last played months ago. i got up to the bit with the best friend but i stopped playing because of the story and the art itself. it just wasnt my cup of tea

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
Did I pick up a Resident Evil reference (Wow! What a mansion!)?

Also Legend of Zelda? (North, West, South, West to get through the woods and into the town)

Apr 15, 2020
That is true as well. Succubi are demons, which derive from Hell, so yes.
succubi predate the notion of hell. here's the origin of it

late Middle English: from medieval Latin succubus ‘prostitute’, from succubare, from sub- ‘under’ + cubare ‘to lie’.

succubi are essential sex dream prostitutes and not daemons.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I restarted and did a new playthrough; I think I found a small bug. When talking to the dog next to the stable in town, the icon changes to bianca?

View attachment 733514
Speaking of which, "its" is possessive, "it's" is a contraction.

If you don't mind, I'm going to copy a fair bit of your post since it seems pretty comprehensive.
That was part of the point, so of course I don't mind. Though I saw that you added it as a new reply at the end, and the idea was for it to be edited into the first post so it's the first thing people see when they enter the thread. I think that's one of the reasons it went overlooked, since some people only read the first post before deciding to look further. That's why a lot of devs tend to keep the most up-to-date information in the first post.

Hmm... Or did you add it to a new reply at the end? You said you were going to make a new post, but maybe a mod moved it?

Only vampires are specifically called minions of satan.
I'll admit that part put me off a bit. I think the issue is that Satan as a character is kind of meh unless done in a setting focused on gods and myths (like Actraiser, where the protagonist is essentially God himself, so of course his enemy is Satan "Tanza"), and Satan as an absent character just feels like there's a big bad that we'll never get to fight. I wasn't a big fan of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow to begin with, but when Satan suddenly showed up out of nowhere I couldn't suppress a groan.

Though it's a bit odd, as I don't get the sense that Dorian and his brides are minions of Satan, and Ashe didn't seem to be a fan of the Satan-worshipping village, either. (Though I don't know for certain what type of vampire she is to begin with.) And from what I can gather, all lesser vampires are just more distant "descendants" of ancient vampires. So does Satan just get the scraps, or what? Maybe vampires aren't actually all beholden to Satan by default, but that particular nun just decided to keep being religious and fixated on what she knew as the "god of evil"?

...I should probably wait until I'm actually able to play the third chapter before I speculate on anything, though.

3.80 star(s) 21 Votes