Aistar

Mar 5, 2020
After defeating Faye she disappears from screen and then it goes all black and music starts playing. If it helps then I have istalled JoiPlay with ROGMaker plugin.
My save from that fight.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Hey, any extended bad endings in this upcoming update?
I have one very short one planned, yeah.

After defeating Faye she disappears from screen and then it goes all black and music starts playing. If it helps then I have istalled JoiPlay with ROGMaker plugin.
My save from that fight.
This save doesn't work on my device while checking it and I do not have an android device to test it myself unfortunately. It may be a compatibility issue with the android version, although this hasn't been reported to me directly yet. I would say for now, please wait until the upcoming version 4.0 is released and see if your issue is resolved then. Though if you plan on playing strictly the android version, you will have to wait a bit for the public release and android version.

Aistar

Mar 5, 2020
Sorry for so long silence but temporary I've lost interest in the game. Meanwhile I tried other converted game and found that it is probably issue with device because that same issue had happened.

Edit: I've played that second game on Android and confirmed that issue is caused by defeated boss animation.

Last edited:

Oct 26, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for all the (weekly) progress reports mkrudesign.
Always nice to see developers doing things the professional way. :)
Sorry for so long silence but temporary I've lost interest in the game. Meanwhile I tried other converted game and found that it is probably issue with device because that same issue had happened.

Edit: I've played that second game on Android and confirmed that issue is caused by defeated boss animation.
If the issue is crashing or rendering, you can fix it by simply modifying the Skills.json file to not play any animation (replace all animationId entries to 0 - you can check which ID matches which animation in Animations.json if you want a different one for the one that causes breakage).

As with all modifications, backup the json file beforehand or archive and compress the entire /data/ folder if you plan to modify other things. You will have to do this again if Skills.json is modified (as in an actual change, not the timestamp).

Reactions: mkrudesign

Aistar

Mar 5, 2020
If the issue is crashing or rendering, you can fix it by simply modifying the Skills.json file to not play any animation (replace all animationId entries to 0 - you can check which ID matches which animation in Animations.json if you want a different one for the one that causes breakage).

As with all modifications, backup the json file beforehand or archive and compress the entire /data/ folder if you plan to modify other things. You will have to do this again if Skills.json is modified (as in an actual change, not the timestamp).
If I remember correctly then I didn't had issue with game crashing in Noxian Nights conversion, but then there wasn't cutscene starting after defeating boss.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019

The time has come! Chapter 4 is ready to play and available on Windows and Mac! The walkthrough is also available as a download. Please check the links available on Patreon.

As always, please be sure you do not use saves from previous versions. Check the included READ ME file for all version changes. Please contact me if you run into any issues while playing.

Additionally, I have added a 4th tier to my Patreon. This was something I had been wrestling with myself to include since I started on this platform, as I really could not think of any viable benefits that would be worthwhile. To any of you who wish to update to the new, highest tier, you'll not only be greatly supporting me, but you'll also benefit the game's community by adding yourself (or an avatar/OC) as an NPC that will provide Mila with a valuable item. Please check the tier itself for further details.

Really, this is for any of you who wish to give even more support to this large project of mine. I sincerely appreciate your vast generosity and if you have any other suggestions for benefits, I'm open to hearing them.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the latest chapter of Crimson Veil!

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Have you all been able to try out version 4.0 yet? If you have, I hope you have enjoyed what you've played so far. I'm appreciative of all the new patrons that have come to help support this project of mine. Here are a few updates.

Firstly, I believe I originally announced that the next few updates would be main story related. However, after working on this recent update, I want a change of pace, so the next update will instead be focused on some more user suggested content. I feel you all have waited long enough!

For the next update, I want to add 2 user submitted contracts to the game! From all of the submissions, I will be selecting 8 total and patrons will vote on which two suggestions will be added into the game, tournament style! With a second contract slot, there is now a greater chance of having YOUR idea added into the game! I will repost the rules in a separate post for those unfamiliar with how this works. Be sure to read the rules carefully, as they will be getting updated!

The deadline to get your submission in is Wednesday, September 29th at 8PM EST and I will be revealing the finalists during that Sunday's Weekly Update. So, get to brainstorming! I expect some more fun ideas!

Second, I recently added a 4th tier to my Patreon. The benefits include being added into the game as an NPC that provides Mila with a useful item and being added to the top of the credits as Top Supporter. If you would like to be added in to the public release of the game (Version 4.0.1 on Friday, October 1st), please know that the deadline for that benefit will also be Wednesday, September 29th 8PM EST.

Third, I'll be on vacation next weekend so there will be no update next week. Wooooo!

Thanks again to everyone for your continued support!

View contest rules here:

Reactions: idungoofd

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Hmm... I know I keep pestering you for details about this stuff, but is it possible to see what the poll results were for the previous contest? My entry made it into the poll last time, but I have no idea how well it actually did, which would help me determine whether I should just resubmit it with minor revisions, make major revisions to try to incrase the "target audience appeal", go with a different idea altogether, or just skip it. For that matter, maybe you could share if there were any comments on the poll that critiqued the entries or otherwise gave some indication of how people voted and why.

It's a shame that people who don't have permission to vote on the poll also can't see anything else about the poll, even if they submitted an entry that was on it. It certainly doesn't help with my anxiety and OCD.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2020
I played the game months ago, and I really liked it. I played version 3.0.1. I think I did more or less everything I could do back in v3.0.1: the main quest, a lot of "bad" endings, all side quests, and so on.

Since v4.0 is coming out now, I'm interested in getting back to the game, but I'm reading that old save games won't properly work with newer versions of the game... so do I have to start all over again? Is there any alternative to restarting the game every time it gets updated? A cheat code or something.

------------------

By the way, are there any plans to have a route where you submit to a female character, and it doesn't lead you to a "bad" ending? I know about the vampire route with Dorian, which is quite interesting, but is there any similar thing planned for a route with a female character? At first I thought that the diary ending, or the succubus side quests, could lead you to something like that, but they were just "bad" endings.

Last edited:

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Since v4.0 is coming out now, I'm interested in getting back to the game, but I'm reading that old save games won't properly work with newer versions of the game... so do I have to start all over again? Is there any alternative to restarting the game every time it gets updated? A cheat code or something.
Each update gets packaged with a bunch of premade saves at specific points in the game, so you can choose where you want to start off.

By the way, are there any plans to have a route where you submit to a female character, and it doesn't lead you to a "bad" ending? I know about the vampire route with Dorian, which is quite interesting, but is there any similar thing planned for a route with a female character? At first I thought that the diary ending, or the succubus side quests, could lead you to something like that, but they were just "bad" endings.
I'm not positive about the current plans, but last I remember there were no plans to add a third full "route". That being said, there is at least(?) one "extended bad endings", including the one where you lose to Vivian in Chapter 2. (I think. It's been a while, I don't remember all the names and chapters. The tentacle priest lady.)

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Hmm... I know I keep pestering you for details about this stuff, but is it possible to see what the poll results were for the previous contest? My entry made it into the poll last time, but I have no idea how well it actually did, which would help me determine whether I should just resubmit it with minor revisions, make major revisions to try to incrase the "target audience appeal", go with a different idea altogether, or just skip it. For that matter, maybe you could share if there were any comments on the poll that critiqued the entries or otherwise gave some indication of how people voted and why.

It's a shame that people who don't have permission to vote on the poll also can't see anything else about the poll, even if they submitted an entry that was on it. It certainly doesn't help with my anxiety and OCD.
These are the last contest’s results. 3A539D12-D3D9-42E9-A350-38EEFFD04DE9.jpeg

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
I played the game months ago, and I really liked it. I played version 3.0.1. I think I did more or less everything I could do back in v3.0.1: the main quest, a lot of "bad" endings, all side quests, and so on.

------------------

I include saves for everyone. The latest version has a save right before the start of the new content. My patrons also have access to a dev room that allows access to a ton of cheats and skips. With it, you could quickly build back your previous save.

Also, I have no plans for a third route. Closest thing to what you’re probably looking for is Viviene’s extended bad ending near the end of chapter2. You need to accept Viviene’s proposal to start it (There is a save file right before this fight in the latest version). This ending recently got an update and added more stuff to do as a vampire slave, including a prostitution quest.

3.80 star(s) 21 Votes