Oct 26, 2017
Many thanks for the game and the really in-depth walkthrough, mkrudesign! Nearing the end of the 'normal' route and can now recommend it in the lesbian protagonist threads, with the caveats that apply. (A few items here and there were not mentioned but hey, the instructions were so clear it felt like a good old Official Strategy Guide!)

Pleased to see you're on itch.io so I'll definitely support you there! Always nice to see a female protag + yuri + almost females only content on a route. It's also pretty fun and well-made. :)

(I see you properly took care of most unwinnable fights as well, though winning against Ashe will break the game as the instructions are in the loss branch - and Mila might also permanently lose the Surrender skill. Can't think of a way to pull this one without actually hacking or cheating, though!)

It was also a *really* nice surprise to see unique mini game overs (some with an entire route no less!) in a western-made game. That's quite the attention to detail as if I'm not mistaken, literally every single enemy can give an unique game over or extra route!

Apologies for the review-ish post but by all means, please keep it up! ;)

Reactions: jojf and mkrudesign

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Many thanks for the game and the really in-depth walkthrough, mkrudesign! Nearing the end of the 'normal' route and can now recommend it in the lesbian protagonist threads, with the caveats that apply. (A few items here and there were not mentioned but hey, the instructions were so clear it felt like a good old Official Strategy Guide!)

Pleased to see you're on itch.io so I'll definitely support you there! Always nice to see a female protag + yuri + almost females only content on a route. It's also pretty fun and well-made. :)

(I see you properly took care of most unwinnable fights as well, though winning against Ashe will break the game as the instructions are in the loss branch - and Mila might also permanently lose the Surrender skill. Can't think of a way to pull this one without actually hacking or cheating, though!)

It was also a *really* nice surprise to see unique mini game overs (some with an entire route no less!) in a western-made game. That's quite the attention to detail as if I'm not mistaken, literally every single enemy can give an unique game over or extra route!

Apologies for the review-ish post but by all means, please keep it up! ;)
Thanks, I will! Be sure to rate the thread with your opinion to get the word out! It really helps!

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks, I will! Be sure to rate the thread with your opinion to get the word out! It really helps!
Thank you for the quick reply! As this technically is my first review on F95, I hope this was constructive enough. I'll make sure to spread the word, don't worry about it. :)

A few bug reports (apologies if they're already fixed, and thank you very much!)
- Contracts: Very minor. Contract count seems to not increase for one of the first three contracts I did, though I forgot to track which one. I suspect it's the Sybille one, though I can check the project if necessary.
- Minor bug during the fifth contract (Cleansing the Besilly Cathedral) that causes the priest spawning in front of Mila as she exits the room where she slays Clara to also be standing in front of the altar, as the progress variable already meets the conditions for the last event page and is (if memory serves well) a separate event, so the self-switch makes it impossible to get the Felix Laurel as a reward and would also give unlimited Felix Laurels with a lower progress, as it will never reach the last page.

That should be about it for now, thank you again for such a nice game that sure brings back memories of pen and paper adventure times... :D

Reactions: mkrudesign

CDM

Apr 11, 2018
Sorry, I don't remember if I asked this question, but in this game there's only one scene with vaginal sex and Pregnancy?if I've already asked you can ignore my question

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Sorry, I don't remember if I asked this question, but in this game there's only one scene with vaginal sex and Pregnancy?if I've already asked you can ignore my question
There’s multiple scenes with vaginal sex and two endings with pregnancy, although only 1 with Mila.

Reactions: CDM

B15A23

Jul 16, 2021
I thought there was only that scene in the bar, it was the only one I found so far
That mushroom quest. In Mor South?
There is a man and you will have to talk to him. Then retrieve five? Mushrooms from Rotten grove (forest maze?) and give him. He will ask to take a package to an abandoned house? Of Mor east. You have two options. Either give the package to guards or take it to the place he says. With second option, you will find yourself a slave to a male vamp.

Or you can go surrender to Dorian. Not that you can beat him with this version.

Or there are farholt vampire soldiers.

Or Hummilem village male vamp villager I think. Not so sure about this one.

If you go vampire route, you will find Johannus within South of forest maze (don't remember the name area was called) Defeat him and turn him, you have another scene. (whether it's only a blowjob or not, I can't remember)

Also, if you agreed to the dark ritual with Vivienne, you may find a prostitute employer in Mor East....

That's as much as I remember considering Mila having vag sex with a man. There are plenty others when it comes to lesbian sex.

CDM

Apr 11, 2018
That mushroom quest. In Mor South?
There is a man and you will have to talk to him. Then retrieve five? Mushrooms from Rotten grove (forest maze?) and give him. He will ask to take a package to an abandoned house? Of Mor east. You have two options. Either give the package to guards or take it to the place he says. With second option, you will find yourself a slave to a male vamp.

Or you can go surrender to Dorian. Not that you can beat him with this version.

Or there are farholt vampire soldiers.

Or Hummilem village male vamp villager I think. Not so sure about this one.

If you go vampire route, you will find Johannus within South of forest maze (don't remember the name area was called) Defeat him and turn him, you have another scene. (whether it's only a blowjob or not, I can't remember)

Also, if you agreed to the dark ritual with Vivienne, you may find a prostitute employer in Mor East....

That's as much as I remember considering Mila having vag sex with a man. There are plenty others when it comes to lesbian sex.
Thanks I will try

Oct 26, 2017
Still at around 20 hours of playtime after doing the contracts and sidequests, 60+ RL hours spent on CV and I haven't even done the vampire route yet.

The only real thing I'd "complain" about is the LP gauge being tied to a few crucial out-of-battle skills (to cure Vampirism for example) though this can be mitigated with very cheap items as Holy Water isn't exactly hard to come by. In RPG Maker battle core (if memory serves right - I don't recall which engine first implemented TP either, XP or VX) TP gets reset after a battle, so you'll always start out empty unless this is modified.
I thought there was only that scene in the bar, it was the only one I found so far
There are so many hidden scenes you're going to need either a lot of saves or your own custom map with sprites to make your own scene recollection from MKRUdesign's very specific game over/bad ending events. When I get out of Crimson Veil detox center I might do just this. I don't really recommend saves at the moment as the CG gallery is not persistent, and you might not want to use saves that aren't already 100% to get into extended endings you cannot save in without force-saving (dev console - which is accessible in every RM engine regardless of the $DEBUG global handling or its implementation for the corresponding engine), save item, event call, save override, you name it) either. Developers shouldn't try too hard to prevent cheating or debugging either, and I'm pleased to see MKRU kept the debug room (developer's room) in the production release, as well as pre-generated items to save time heh. Nice addition, thank you very much. :)

As MKRU states, those items are to be used with caution - don't use them during a quest for example or to go somewhere you can't normally access. An example would be teleporting to Ilbrooke during the quest, which will hardlock Mila against the west boulders since she's expected to be entering the town when the event force-moving her sprite triggers. I'm paranoid enough to perform sanity checks for pretty much everything here to make sure stuff like this can't even happen at all. Python mindset.

Also, my apologies for the earlier bug report - I misphrased it, in fact, that might be intended as the very first contract (from Marc) falls under main quests in the journal plugin, so it doesn't really count as a contract, effectively bringing the full total to 10 even though the tavern has 11 contracts to fetch. If it isn't intended to be a main quest, then I suppose it's still a bug, but very minor either way as contracts are stored in a variable and can be easily edited for cosmetic purposes if needed (as they only appear in saves and aren't checked at the time if I'm not mistaken).

Ah yes, a minor correction to the review for HR-related items - some mobs giving Dust *will* respawn, so if the player is extremely unlucky and/or didn't fight much and only got them from guaranteed drops, they can still manage to catch up. The game is also very doable at extremely low HR levels thanks to the stat boosting items, though it can also be done without using any stat-boosting item or event (drinking tea, eating the maid's dish in Dorian's mansion, etc) but will become lunatic mode for boss battles as there is no anti-1HK skill or item at the moment.

If this isn't already in MKRU's guide, respawnable Ghouls and Nosferatus will give dust (1/4 and 1/3 chance, respectively). Saving before an encounter will rig the odds, but you might as well save edit if you're going to do this.

Edit: Moved paragraphs here and there for readability because goddamn wall of text as usual. Sorry about that!

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Still at around 20 hours of playtime after doing the contracts and sidequests, 60+ RL hours spent on CV and I haven't even done the vampire route yet.

The only real thing I'd "complain" about is the LP gauge being tied to a few crucial out-of-battle skills (to cure Vampirism for example) though this can be mitigated with very cheap items as Holy Water isn't exactly hard to come by. In RPG Maker battle core (if memory serves right - I don't recall which engine first implemented TP either, XP or VX) TP gets reset after a battle, so you'll always start out empty unless this is modified.There are so many hidden scenes you're going to need either a lot of saves or your own custom map with sprites to make your own scene recollection from MKRUdesign's very specific game over/bad ending events. When I get out of Crimson Veil detox center I might do just this. I don't really recommend saves at the moment as the CG gallery is not persistent, and you might not want to use saves that aren't already 100% to get into extended endings you cannot save in without force-saving (dev console - which is accessible in every RM engine regardless of the $DEBUG global handling or its implementation for the corresponding engine), save item, event call, save override, you name it) either. Developers shouldn't try too hard to prevent cheating or debugging either, and I'm pleased to see MKRU kept the debug room (developer's room) in the production release, as well as pre-generated items to save time heh. Nice addition, thank you very much. :)

As MKRU states, those items are to be used with caution - don't use them during a quest for example or to go somewhere you can't normally access. An example would be teleporting to Ilbrooke during the quest, which will hardlock Mila against the west boulders since she's expected to be entering the town when the event force-moving her sprite triggers. I'm paranoid enough to perform sanity checks for pretty much everything here to make sure stuff like this can't even happen at all. Python mindset.

Also, my apologies for the earlier bug report - I misphrased it, in fact, that might be intended as the very first contract (from Marc) falls under main quests in the journal plugin, so it doesn't really count as a contract, effectively bringing the full total to 10 even though the tavern has 11 contracts to fetch. If it isn't intended to be a main quest, then I suppose it's still a bug, but very minor either way as contracts are stored in a variable and can be easily edited for cosmetic purposes if needed (as they only appear in saves and aren't checked at the time if I'm not mistaken).

Ah yes, a minor correction to the review for HR-related items - some mobs giving Dust *will* respawn, so if the player is extremely unlucky and/or didn't fight much and only got them from guaranteed drops, they can still manage to catch up. The game is also very doable at extremely low HR levels thanks to the stat boosting items, though it can also be done without using any stat-boosting item or event (drinking tea, eating the maid's dish in Dorian's mansion, etc) but will become lunatic mode for boss battles as there is no anti-1HK skill or item at the moment.

If this isn't already in MKRU's guide, respawnable Ghouls and Nosferatus will give dust (1/4 and 1/3 chance, respectively). Saving before an encounter will rig the odds, but you might as well save edit if you're going to do this.

Edit: Moved paragraphs here and there for readability because goddamn wall of text as usual. Sorry about that!
Wow, 60+ hours! Incredible! Thanks for playing so much! It means a ton that you got so much out of my game so far! Makes the literal thousand+ hours I put into creating the game worth it! :,)

Reactions: vcxvcxvcxvxcv

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, 60+ hours! Incredible! Thanks for playing so much! It means a ton that you got so much out of my game so far! Makes the literal thousand+ hours I put into creating the game worth it! :,)
Likewise, thank you for spending so much time on drawing art and developing this game!
Thanks for the weekly update as well, it's always nice to see developers with dedication and passion for their work.

All unwinnable fights are currently winnable without cheating with the wounded state DoT (7% for the one triggered by enemy skills, 1% for the one triggered by Mila) for enemies that don't negate it but casually skipping (and surviving) 100 turns isn't exactly expected either. (Also, seeing Lord Dorian bleed for 10k HP a turn in casual play is fun stuff, heh. Got confused with Summon Aeriseth doing 0.35% damage instead of 35% and went oh right, he has 99% Darkness resistance, silly Mila.)

Aistar

Mar 5, 2020
I have issue with Faye. After defeating her instead cutscene screen goes black and game crashes. I'm playing version 3.3.1 on Android. Screenshot_20210831-230924.png

Last edited:

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
I have issue with Faye. After defeating her instead cutscene screen goes black and game crashes. I'm playing version 3.3.1 on Android. View attachment 1381994
Hey there! Could you explain in more detail when this crash occurred? Does this happen immediately after you defeat her or is it after the scene that you defeat her? I was trying to recreate this bug and it didn't happen on my end. This crash seems to occur when a file is missing or a plugin is conflicting with something, but unless you were moving the files in the folder around I'm not sure how this could have happened.

Anyway, please give me more details on your crash when you can so that I can try and correct it for you.

3.80 star(s) 21 Votes