mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
It's interesting that False Memory fights still are challenging at HR 99 (unless the player went all out with laurels and has perfect gear and good battle tactics for the current FM). You did a great job there too MKRU. :)

I know MKRU loves it when all that time that went into making the game is rewarded by having people play and explore for a long time so.. (you don't want to know the savecount...)

I'm far from done, got a good bunch of areas to double-check. I'll let you know if I find more things that slipped through but aside from the unobtainable Garnet in E-11, that's about it. ;)
118 hours… You absolute CHAD. XD

Oct 26, 2017
118 hours… You absolute CHAD. XD
Lol. And I'm still not done! :p

Here's a funny one MKRU: In EE-16, one of the FMs (FM XII, the Tragic Bride) can be talked to over and over again after being first defeated by the player. This technically allows a player to challenge FM I with FM XII alone beaten 13 times (without beating Dorian).

Came upon that one because it appears I left Dorian "for later", so my SBR variable was at 11 instead of 13 and I looked around and poked spirits... possibly because the save was meant to be a vampire-ready one.

(Also, I had 12 FMs marked as defeated, so one of them might not be increasing the SBR...)

Edit: Actually, I *did* defeat Dorian as well in this save, went back to his manor and he's dead. Odd.

Edit 2: Full debugging information.
- Sibylle will show up on the hexagrams in EE-16 even if she was not beaten as a FM because the event in EE-16 checks for the completed "real" quest value (16) instead of the post-battle value (100). This one means I was actually missing Sibylle as a FM (FM II, in RC-15) so that explains the 11 FMs. Went to RC-15 and sure enough, the FM II was still there, waiting, depressed, going all "how could you forget about your FIRST CONTRACT, Mila?!" before bursting into tears and being put to rest (after a hug).
- Now this one is more problematic. Dorian, if already beaten, won't increase the SBR since, well, he's already dead. That makes it impossible to get the SBR at 13+ without either "resurrecting" Dorian or just talking to the (already beaten) Tragic Bride at least once in EE-16 as a workaround.

Shorter version without the laughs:
- A wrong check on FM2 in EE-16 tricks the player into thinking the FM is already defeated
- If Dorian was defeated prior to this version, FM1 cannot be unlocked via normal means as SBR will be 12 at most (not 13)

Last edited:
Reactions: mkrudesign

dking239

Jul 1, 2017
Question how powerful would lord Dorian be if he had not stopped drinking blood could Mia had still won that fight.

Oct 26, 2017
Question how powerful would lord Dorian be if he had not stopped drinking blood could Mia had still won that fight.
From a lore perspective, player perspective or just for fun?

By the time you first reach Lord Dorian's castle, Mila should be around HR 25-30, less if you've been avoiding everything or never talking to Faahlda (poor Faahlda - though technically, it allows players to completely bypass leveling after HR 16 except from rank up events).

Consider the following (a good bunch of which are mentioned in MKRU's guide):
- Mila can buff her ATK from multiple sources. ATK from states and ATK from buffs stack.
- Dagger, Daggera and Daggerga will inflict SW, SW2 and SW3, which also stack. The Dagger (lowest tier) skill shouldn't be used though because both forms are immune to SW (but not SW2 and SW3).
- He has a 200% Light weakness. You have many ways to use Light, including physical attacks by using Light-infusing gear.
- Blood Goad, like all regular RMMV buffs, is capped at two buff levels, meaning Dorian cannot get more than +50% to ATK and MATK from this. No, he cannot pull off the hilarious stuff the legendary magma enemies could do if they cast a Fire spell on themselves in Breath of Fire 3 (or if you did, because that's an insane source of experience if you do manage to beat them massively buffed beyond the cap), he'll still have to live with a measly 285 ATK fully buffed (up from 190).
- His second form may be intimidating (due to the increased stats) and annoying (Blood Moon Carnage and Disruptive Wave) but it also has a 270% Light weakness, and again, it can be afflicted with SW2 and SW3. If you're coming here before you met your Guardia, it isn't a problem either, Mila doesn't even need buffs or summons to make short work of the weakened state.

Short answer, drinking blood all the time would only have accelerated his downfall since he's literally wasting turns. The second form is huge - which means it has huge guts - but in the end it's also very weak and if you destroy it before it even manages to finish casting Blood Moon Carnage or even cast it at all (quite possible with multihits), it'll go down in confusion and madness.

The above is not possible with False Memory I because it is quite tough, resists all three levels of Silver Weakness, hits hard and is VERY fast; twice as fast as Dorian's last form extra turn wise, before even accounting for AGI. Its only real weakness, Light, also only is 130% damage. You still have access to the Guardia, Dawn Bringer, the Double Band and the Revenge Plate at this point and Mila will be nearly unstoppable as long as it doesn't get to cast Disruptive Wave too often. If Mila already is a powerhouse as she is (that's a lot of laurels even with ultimate gear), she has zero needs for buffs since she cannot go over the base stat cap in combat (which means Disruptive Wave just causes it to waste a turn instead of you wasting turns rebuffing).

(If I had to pick my favorite battle though, the Alexandria Omega one was the most reminiscent of Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire, Persona, etc. hidden or last bosses strategy-wise, and the 1 HP skill then unexpected entrance that can drive an emotional player to tears is a very nice touch. False Memories are quite powerful but unless you don't remember how you fought them they're just stronger versions.)

I believe there's another weirdness though MKRU. If you willingly lose to Alexandria's first form (or just get rekt somehow; she's not exactly much of a threat if the player wasn't mean to Bianca) and then refuse her deal (love Faahlda's face when Mila goes NEVER) she'll proceed as intended but... then move on to her next form with scared Mila and Faahlda still onscreen as the Omega parts are building up for the final battle. All of this happening at the same time looks REALLY weird lol.

Also had a glitch happen when going through a Chaos Door with the canceller (the one that leads to the Forsaken Cathedral when you're backtracking) that left the inverted colors onscreen even after exiting the Chaos area. Leads to hilarious psychedelic battles and Mila's comments are even funnier than usual in this mode (they're the regular ones, but I don't know, it just makes her funnier lines even more amusing).
Mila (psychedelic mode) said:
"That's one big ass organ."
"There's zero time to be picking up piano lessons."
Next testing step, play every single scene of the ToI and see if there's one that breaks something. :)

Last edited:

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
From a lore perspective, player perspective or just for fun?

By the time you first reach Lord Dorian's castle, Mila should be around HR 25-30, less if you've been avoiding everything or never talking to Faahlda (poor Faahlda - though technically, it allows players to completely bypass leveling after HR 16 except from rank up events).

Consider the following (a good bunch of which are mentioned in MKRU's guide):
- Mila can buff her ATK from multiple sources. ATK from states and ATK from buffs stack.
- Dagger, Daggera and Daggerga will inflict SW, SW2 and SW3, which also stack. The Dagger (lowest tier) skill shouldn't be used though because both forms are immune to SW (but not SW2 and SW3).
- He has a 200% Light weakness. You have many ways to use Light, including physical attacks by using Light-infusing gear.
- Blood Goad, like all regular RMMV buffs, is capped at two buff levels, meaning Dorian cannot get more than +50% to ATK and MATK from this. No, he cannot pull off the hilarious stuff the legendary magma enemies could do if they cast a Fire spell on themselves in Breath of Fire 3 (or if you did, because that's an insane source of experience if you do manage to beat them massively buffed beyond the cap), he'll still have to live with a measly 285 ATK fully buffed (up from 190).
- His second form may be intimidating (due to the increased stats) and annoying (Blood Moon Carnage and Disruptive Wave) but it also has a 270% Light weakness, and again, it can be afflicted with SW2 and SW3. If you're coming here before you met your Guardia, it isn't a problem either, Mila doesn't even need buffs or summons to make short work of the weakened state.

Short answer, drinking blood all the time would only have accelerated his downfall since he's literally wasting turns. The second form is huge - which means it has huge guts - but in the end it's also very weak and if you destroy it before it even manages to finish casting Blood Moon Carnage or even cast it at all (quite possible with multihits), it'll go down in confusion and madness.

The above is not possible with False Memory I because it is quite tough, resists all three levels of Silver Weakness, hits hard and is VERY fast; twice as fast as Dorian's last form extra turn wise, before even accounting for AGI. Its only real weakness, Light, also only is 130% damage. You still have access to the Guardia, Dawn Bringer, the Double Band and the Revenge Plate at this point and Mila will be nearly unstoppable as long as it doesn't get to cast Disruptive Wave too often. If Mila already is a powerhouse as she is (that's a lot of laurels even with ultimate gear), she has zero needs for buffs since she cannot go over the base stat cap in combat (which means Disruptive Wave just causes it to waste a turn instead of you wasting turns rebuffing).

(If I had to pick my favorite battle though, the Alexandria Omega one was the most reminiscent of Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire, Persona, etc. hidden or last bosses strategy-wise, and the 1 HP skill then unexpected entrance that can drive an emotional player to tears is a very nice touch. False Memories are quite powerful but unless you don't remember how you fought them they're just stronger versions.)

I believe there's another weirdness though MKRU. If you willingly lose to Alexandria's first form (or just get rekt somehow; she's not exactly much of a threat if the player wasn't mean to Bianca) and then refuse her deal (love Faahlda's face when Mila goes NEVER) she'll proceed as intended but... then move on to her next form with scared Mila and Faahlda still onscreen as the Omega parts are building up for the final battle. All of this happening at the same time looks REALLY weird lol.

Also had a glitch happen when going through a Chaos Door with the canceller (the one that leads to the Forsaken Cathedral when you're backtracking) that left the inverted colors onscreen even after exiting the Chaos area. Leads to hilarious psychedelic battles and Mila's comments are even funnier than usual in this mode (they're the regular ones, but I don't know, it just makes her funnier lines even more amusing).

Next testing step, play every single scene of the ToI and see if there's one that breaks something. :)
Thanks, I’ll look into that glitch with Alexandria. Was not aware of this.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Rules for the User Submitted Contest Round #8

The ideas you submit must be for the Vampire Route. They chosen side quest will be accessible after the events of Chapter 2-V. You must submit your idea by Saturday, 1/6/22

•Contracts must use wholly original characters (Meaning no characters from the story chapters can be included as part of the side quest’s plot)
•Contracts must include themes of corruption.
•Contracts may not include themes of: scat, guro, furry, bestiality, and/or futanari. (This list is subject to change)
•Contracts are not limited to vampire hunters, but must otherwise include a monster character capable of corrupting Mila.
•Contract ideas are limited to 3 different characters, meaning only up to 3 original characters that have illustrations attached to them (This does not apply to npcs without art.)
•Contract ideas may only have 1 alternate ending (Meaning 1 “bad” ending and 1 canon ending.)
•Each contract submission must have the title by which you would like to be credited should your submission be chosen. If you would like to be credited with a certain name, you must also let me know or I will use the name used in your submission/email name.
•You may only submit one idea.
• Contracts should be clear and descriptive if you want them to be selected, but limit the ideas to about 4 paragraphs.
Proofread your submission and make sure the idea itself is a quality contribution that will add to the betterment of the game. I will be curating each submission, so if I feel your idea does not fit in my game, or is poorly written, I will not add it as a choice. If you are unsure about your submission, you can also send me a message directly to ask about it.
If you need an idea or reference on how to properly write your contract submission, you can view some previously selected contest suggestions here:

• Be aware that should your contract be selected, it is subject to adaptation and if I feel that parts of your idea need to be changed, they will be. I will do what I can to preserve your idea as best as possible.
Send me your suggestion via email: (crimsonveilgame@gmail.com)

If you have previously sent me ideas and you want them to be considered for this round, you must send the idea to me again for it to be considered for this round of voting. It also must be adapted to work in the vampire route.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Ah, so it's vampire route side quests now, is it? A few questions, then...

1. Will there be more main route side quest submissions in the future? I was planning to resubmit "Building a Better Vampire Hunter", but I think I'd rather keep it in my back pocket for the main route than blow it on the vampire route. Of course, the general idea could easily be reworked since it already involves a captured and transformed vampire, but I've grown attached to the tone of an ethics-impaired nerd and his lovable vamborg golemized vampire assistant trying to "help" Mila, as opposed to a generic mad scientist capturing vampire Mila and converting her into a weapon against her own kind. (Plus, I know everyone including myself really wants the girl/girl stuff, and it's more fun to pair a robot vampire with a robot vampire hunter.)

2. Is there anything to keep in mind about the current progress of the story that could impact the side quests in some way? I actually haven't played since Chapter 2 of the main route and Chapter 1 of the vampire route. Now that the main route's done it's on my to-do list, but I don't intend to rush it before the deadline.

3. Is there a particular way these should be expected to end? On the main route, it's a simple assumption that the good ending will result in the threat being removed and everyone going on with their lives. But maybe there's a particular direction you'd like the "good" ending to lean this time, like a preference for having the threat be corrupted to Mila's own end. That also raises the question of how complex the "reward" should be expected to be, since obtaining a pet [insert monster here] could be a lot more work than, say, getting a new whip.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Ah, so it's vampire route side quests now, is it? A few questions, then...

1. Will there be more main route side quest submissions in the future? I was planning to resubmit "Building a Better Vampire Hunter", but I think I'd rather keep it in my back pocket for the main route than blow it on the vampire route. Of course, the general idea could easily be reworked since it already involves a captured and transformed vampire, but I've grown attached to the tone of an ethics-impaired nerd and his lovable vamborg golemized vampire assistant trying to "help" Mila, as opposed to a generic mad scientist capturing vampire Mila and converting her into a weapon against her own kind. (Plus, I know everyone including myself really wants the girl/girl stuff, and it's more fun to pair a robot vampire with a robot vampire hunter.)

2. Is there anything to keep in mind about the current progress of the story that could impact the side quests in some way? I actually haven't played since Chapter 2 of the main route and Chapter 1 of the vampire route. Now that the main route's done it's on my to-do list, but I don't intend to rush it before the deadline.

3. Is there a particular way these should be expected to end? On the main route, it's a simple assumption that the good ending will result in the threat being removed and everyone going on with their lives. But maybe there's a particular direction you'd like the "good" ending to lean this time, like a preference for having the threat be corrupted to Mila's own end. That also raises the question of how complex the "reward" should be expected to be, since obtaining a pet [insert monster here] could be a lot more work than, say, getting a new whip.
1. I don’t plan to end contracts for the main route, but I will be focusing on the vampire route for now.
2. These contracts should, like any side quest, be self contained, allowing for the player to complete it at any point in the story. It does need to work within the context of the story that is built up until chapter 2 of the vampire route, however.
3. Like point 2, these quests should be self contained and their characters shouldn’t be required to react to the story in any way (aside from what has occurred after chapter 2). The “good” ending must leave Mila the same as how she started. Don’t worry about creating a compelling reward, as it will likely be adjusted by me anyway, but if you have a cool idea for a reward that isn’t game breaking, you can include it in your pitch.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
It does need to work within the context of the story that is built up until chapter 2 of the vampire route, however.
Erm... So what happened in Chapter 2 of the vampire route? I guess that's what I was asking. I know the initial premise up through Chapter 1, but don't know if anything crucial changed after that, or if anything that would fit in Chapter 1 would just as easily fit in Chapter 2.

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing as MKRU included a large amount of yuri and yuri subtext as you progress towards the hunter route main ending (no spoilers) - and this was a pleasant surprise; awesome, even - I'm pretty much fine with all ideas that give the player an incentive to spend more time in the game having fun with a contract while taking a break from the main storyline. Contracts and side quests have always been a cool idea when properly planned.

I can't recall if Mila severely lacked power at the current point of vampire route development; if a player isn't really struggling to progress towards the story (and survive as a vampire) then the focus could shift to something more fun or cosmetic.

Didn't even notice Rosen King had suggested ideas. Ending up with a (turned?) female companion would definitely be fitting for the vampire route.

Pre-emptive edit: Two new posts before I even manage to slap a small one. Talk about slow... :giggle:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Erm... So what happened in Chapter 2 of the vampire route? I guess that's what I was asking. I know the initial premise up through Chapter 1, but don't know if anything crucial changed after that, or if anything that would fit in Chapter 1 would just as easily fit in Chapter 2.
Here’s the walkthrough, it should give you a refresher without me having to post it directly to this board:

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Hmm... Well, I have one more question that may have been answered in Chapter 3, but I don't think will be mentioned in the walkthrough. Was it ever established how vampires handle the ocean? Do they follow Dracula rules where they can't cross it normally and have to be carried across in their coffin, or could vampire Mila potentially fight someone on a ship? I've got an idea involving pirates and a mermaid, but obviously it will have to conform to whatever the ocean rules are in this setting.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Hmm... Well, I have one more question that may have been answered in Chapter 3, but I don't think will be mentioned in the walkthrough. Was it ever established how vampires handle the ocean? Do they follow Dracula rules where they can't cross it normally and have to be carried across in their coffin, or could vampire Mila potentially fight someone on a ship? I've got an idea involving pirates and a mermaid, but obviously it will have to conform to whatever the ocean rules are in this setting.
It hasn’t technically been established yet, but Vampires do not have a weakness to running water in my lore.

Oct 26, 2017
It hasn’t technically been established yet, but Vampires do not have a weakness to running water in my lore.
It's been a while since I touched the good old CYOAs (or read a vampire book, since we both loooove reading books, Bianca team go!) but I believe vampires aren't weak to water per se, only sunlight, anything holy (I'm still chuckling at poor sexy Shalltear Bloodfallen - nsfw warning - after noticing oral sex with a Water Goddess - Aqua from KonoSuba/Isekai Quartet is a BAD idea, not because of the water and urine, but because ALL liquids she touches and produces are holy) and in common lore, silver and cold iron.

I kinda want to replay my old books now, but holy shit some of them were HARDCORE. Especially the Lone Wolf ones, though these aren't vampire-themed.

Also, don't feel too obligated to follow classic lore to the letter MKRU, unless you want the game to be dead serious.

ZUN didn't really give a shit about the Scarlet Mansion vampires being sometimes able to casually sunbathe (mostly because they will respawn in another story even if they turn to ashes) or having to protect themselves from the deadly sunrays. Science hasn't established if this was due to ultraviolet or the sun being holy, but science would rather establish it has yet to find an entity that demonstrates full vampiric behavior beyond bloodsucking, improved visibility at night, fangs and pale skin (such as the ability to turn into a bat and travel more conveniently, for example).

Like the trope says, . Though I don't mind a traditional (greater, noble) vampire who cannot enter a house unless invited as long as, well, said vampire is a crazy psycho lesbian, and whether I'm a vampire hunter or vampire, I am after her heart for purely sentimental reasons. :)

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
It's been a while since I touched the good old CYOAs (or read a vampire book, since we both loooove reading books, Bianca team go!) but I believe vampires aren't weak to water per se, only sunlight, anything holy (I'm still chuckling at poor sexy Shalltear Bloodfallen - nsfw warning - after noticing oral sex with a Water Goddess - Aqua from KonoSuba/Isekai Quartet is a BAD idea, not because of the water and urine, but because ALL liquids she touches and produces are holy) and in common lore, silver and cold iron.
I don't know anything about whatever you're talking about, but the original Dracula novel had him unable to cross running water under his own power. He infamously had to smuggle his coffin onto a boat in order to travel from Transylvania to England.

Of course the dev is free to ignore and make up whatever rules they want, but the point is that I didn't know if that rule had been established, and didn't want to contradict it. Since chapter 3 apparently takes place across the ocean, that rule might have been used to further along the story, or visibly broken because it would have gotten in the way of the story. And these restrictions aren't always a bad thing, since just thinking of ways to get around it gave me the idea to include a reference to the aforementioned plot point from Dracula (smuggling a coffin onto a ship and then picking off the crew one by one). Funny enough, it also has a character who can turn water into holy water, since mermaids otherwise aren't very dangerous to someone who doesn't have to breathe. (At least not the kind of innocent, fairy tale mermaid this character is supposed to be.)

Anywho, I've already submitted my idea, but let me know if there's an issue I need to fix or the e-mail didn't go through or something.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
I don't know anything about whatever you're talking about, but the original Dracula novel had him unable to cross running water under his own power. He infamously had to smuggle his coffin onto a boat in order to travel from Transylvania to England.

Of course the dev is free to ignore and make up whatever rules they want, but the point is that I didn't know if that rule had been established, and didn't want to contradict it. Since chapter 3 apparently takes place across the ocean, that rule might have been used to further along the story, or visibly broken because it would have gotten in the way of the story. And these restrictions aren't always a bad thing, since just thinking of ways to get around it gave me the idea to include a reference to the aforementioned plot point from Dracula (smuggling a coffin onto a ship and then picking off the crew one by one). Funny enough, it also has a character who can turn water into holy water, since mermaids otherwise aren't very dangerous to someone who doesn't have to breathe. (At least not the kind of innocent, fairy tale mermaid this character is supposed to be.)

Anywho, I've already submitted my idea, but let me know if there's an issue I need to fix or the e-mail didn't go through or something.
Considering Dracula was based on several European legends about undead blood-suckers, including nosferatu, and that there are hundreds of vampire-like creatures from cultures around the world; I don't think that there's one hard set of rules about what vampires can and can't do. The only general thing that 90% of the lore agrees on is their weakness to sunlight.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Considering Dracula was based on several European legends about undead blood-suckers, including nosferatu, and that there are hundreds of vampire-like creatures from cultures around the world; I don't think that there's one hard set of rules about what vampires can and can't do. The only general thing that 90% of the lore agrees on is their weakness to sunlight.
I know that. That was my point, there are a lot of different rules used by a lot of different stories, and one of the common ones (which was present in the most famous vampire story of all) is that vampires sometimes can't cross running water. So I asked about whether that one applies here, because I wanted to stick to the rules used by this story.

Edit: A funny thing to note about that, too, is that sunlight wasn't actually lethal to Dracula. He just couldn't use most of his powers during the day. So despite being the most famous vampire story, it doesn't even follow the most common "rule" about vampires in modern fiction.

Last edited:

Oct 26, 2017
the original Dracula novel had him unable to cross running water under his own power. He infamously had to smuggle his coffin onto a boat in order to travel from Transylvania to England.
Interesting, didn't know that... I suppose bats and fog were more recent takes to get around this... mobility problem.
A funny thing to note about that, too, is that sunlight wasn't actually lethal to Dracula. He just couldn't use most of his powers during the day. So despite being the most famous vampire story, it doesn't even follow the most common "rule" about vampires in modern fiction.
I've read stories that use this one too, where sunlight weakens the vampire during the day while they gain tremendous powers during the night, but sunlight itself doesn't hurt them nor immediately turns them to ashes. :)

3.80 star(s) 21 Votes