Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

UnknownBava

Jul 29, 2018
Not much I can do about that, sorry. The artist that drew most of the CGs in the game left the team a while ago, and before that we had another artist who also left the team. When our first CG artist left, we decided to redraw all the CGs in the game, and it was an extremely expensive and time-consuming endeavor, that wasn't even finished (the Sentry and Edovex CGs currently in the game are still by that first artist, instead of the second artist who did most of the CGs). There's no way we're going to redraw every single CG in the game again for artistic consistency, it's just not worth the literal thousands of dollars it would cost, not to mention the delay it would put on production
what would be the tentative date for the launch on steam?

lonelywolfy

Nov 16, 2017
Not much I can do about that, sorry. The artist that drew most of the CGs in the game left the team a while ago, and before that we had another artist who also left the team. When our first CG artist left, we decided to redraw all the CGs in the game, and it was an extremely expensive and time-consuming endeavor, that wasn't even finished (the Sentry and Edovex CGs currently in the game are still by that first artist, instead of the second artist who did most of the CGs). There's no way we're going to redraw every single CG in the game again for artistic consistency, it's just not worth the literal thousands of dollars it would cost, not to mention the delay it would put on production
Erf. Sad woof.
Thankfully, you're game have way more to offer, still waiting to play more of it. Just won't be perfect to the small details/rewards.

auchgast

Aug 12, 2020
Could use some precise help on where to go next.
My latest warp point is north deep soil, I beat the sniper lady. Now I just can't find a way to progress:

- I can't get past the water because I am unable to sink, can't find the mentioned upgrade for that
- The only other pathways I can find in deep soil right now are blocked by vines

Awesome game btw.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Could use some precise help on where to go next.
My latest warp point is north deep soil, I beat the sniper lady. Now I just can't find a way to progress:

- I can't get past the water because I am unable to sink, can't find the mentioned upgrade for that
- The only other pathways I can find in deep soil right now are blocked by vines

Awesome game btw.
I'm confused on how exactly you're lost? If you're playing one of the most recent versions, and you beat the sniper boss, then the upgrade that allows you to go underwater is right past that boss's room. In fact, there's no way to even leave that spot unless you grab the upgrade, since the only way back is by going through the water. Are you playing an older version or did you run into a glitch or something, perhaps?

auchgast

Aug 12, 2020
I'm confused on how exactly you're lost? If you're playing one of the most recent versions, and you beat the sniper boss, then the upgrade that allows you to go underwater is right past that boss's room. In fact, there's no way to even leave that spot unless you grab the upgrade, since the only way back is by going through the water. Are you playing an older version or did you run into a glitch or something, perhaps?
Ah looks like I am experiencing problems due to an outdated save, last time I played was a while ago. That was the demo, I suppose? There wasn't anything past the sniper if I remember right. Haven't been a P. supporter for long and this is the first time taking a look at a fresh version and following the news somewhat and I just continued where I left off.

Does that mean I have to start a new game?

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Ah looks like I am experiencing problems due to an outdated save, last time I played was a while ago. That was the demo, I suppose? There wasn't anything past the sniper if I remember right. Haven't been a P. supporter for long and this is the first time taking a look at a fresh version and following the news somewhat and I just continued where I left off.

Does that mean I have to start a new game?
Most likely, yeah. I try to make sure you can carry your save between versions, but if your old save is several versions old or more, then it's entirely possible there's issues that can't be corrected or accounted for

gemini20xx

Oct 17, 2017
Out of curiosity, what's going to happen with the original sniper boss? Are they going to be scrapped or will they be turned into a generic enemy?

Anita Deek

Feb 14, 2018
Out of curiosity, what's going to happen with the original sniper boss? Are they going to be scrapped or will they be turned into a generic enemy?
I think it would be cool to have them as a generic enemy afterwards, albeit with a lower health pool.
Like some games, mainly soulslikes in the past, have had a miniboss section where the boss becomes an ordinary enemy after you've progressed more.
Like in Dark Souls 1 the Capra Demon.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
The new boss is still the same character as the original boss, so the original fight and enemy will be scrapped completely. It was an extremely rigid fight that required a very precise arena to even function properly (bad programming on my part), so reusing the fight in any capacity would be more trouble than it's worth, especially since I'm reworking it because it wasn't a very good one :p

Reactions: Anita Deek

auchgast

Aug 12, 2020
Most likely, yeah. I try to make sure you can carry your save between versions, but if your old save is several versions old or more, then it's entirely possible there's issues that can't be corrected or accounted for
I see, no big deal, thank you for answering :)

gemini20xx

Oct 17, 2017
The new boss is still the same character as the original boss, so the original fight and enemy will be scrapped completely. It was an extremely rigid fight that required a very precise arena to even function properly (bad programming on my part), so reusing the fight in any capacity would be more trouble than it's worth, especially since I'm reworking it because it wasn't a very good one :p
Seems a shame to waste the animations, but I get it. Thanks Anon.:D

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

Hey everybody! Sorry for not posting a weekly update in a bit; the last few we posted on Patreon were very light on content as we were focusing in on finishing the update. Good news, though: v0.42 is now released and ready to be played for our $10+ Patrons!

You can watch the video up above for an overview of what's changed, and here's a slightly more detailed list along with a few words about some of them:

v0.42 MAJOR CHANGES AND FEATURES

-Added lots more areas to explore and secrets to find around the game world
-Rework Boss 3 from the ground up
-Added Kertalus CG (missing Birch voice acting for now)
-Finished H-scene animation between Lucas and Verreda
-Re-added Lucas Atticor voice acting with his new actor, Leo Greystone
-Fixed more bugs and issues

As always, a list of bug fixes will be at the bottom of the post. The main thing this update was the Boss 3 rework. It's still not FULLY complete, as the animations are on the rougher side (please forgive the vine arm grapple animations especially), but as far as the fight itself goes, it's functionally complete, and in my opinion it's MUCH more fun than the old fight, so I hope you guys enjoy it!

Aside from that, we also added the Kertalus CG (which is missing Birch's voice lines, but is otherwise complete), and Orexius spent a bunch of time finishing up the Lucas+Verreda scene. That animation took much longer than anticipated because of the complexity of it; there are several versions of the animation that change throughout the cutscene, on top of the climax, so it took much longer than an H-scene usually takes. Unfortunately there's no way to rewatch the scene on a file where you've already passed it, so I'm afraid you'll have to replay the game in order to see that scene - in the future we'll probably implement a way to re-view cutscenes, but we haven't had the time yet. Lastly, Lucas Atticor has voice acting again, thanks to his new actor Leo Greystone getting the lines done just in time, so big shoutouts to him! He's done a phenomenal job!

v0.43 GOALS

-Finish Boss 3 rework visuals, and add cutscenes related to Boss 3
-MORE areas to explore and secrets to find
-Add some more bullet chip types
-Fill in some more environmental dialogue conversations at various parts of the game
-Add more H-scenes, if time permits
-Work on a new enemy type (might not be added this update)
-Fix more bugs and issues

v0.43 will be focused on pretty much the same stuff as v0.42, namely adding more content, and finishing the boss 3 rework. There's a lot of story stuff that will be coming up soon in CPE, so I'll be making preparations for some of that too. In general, we should be making a lot of progress towards the completion of the game in the near future, so I hope you're looking forward to it!

That's enough outta me for today, though. As always, the download link will be in the post after this one - and for those of you who have unpledged, keep an eye on your DMs, and you should be receiving a link from me soon if you were pledged at $10+ during development of this update!

Thank you SO much to all of our patrons, and an extra super massive shoutout to our top patrons for this dev cycle:

SeraphStarliege
Katsune Teku
HURTZ
Benjamin Arnold
Fortunekuger
Leon Kiske
Resident Jojo Reference
Pedro Fraga

You guys are all such damn awesome people and I can't possibly thank you enough!
See you in the next update!
-A42

v0.42 MINOR CHANGES AND BUG FIXES
-Fixed Alicia not having a Torn Clothes variant on one of her Wire Shot animations
-Fixed instances where the Warped Scientist would not turn to face Alicia when throwing a vial, leading to him throwing the vial backwards
-Fixed some misplaced background assets in the 5th area
-Considerably boosted the damage of the Vampire Shot to compensate for its life-draining effect
-Fixed a long-standing bug causing Laser Shot and Needle Shot bullet types to hit single enemies much more frequently than intended, making them deal far more damage than intended; slightly buffed their per-shot damage to compensate
-It is no longer possible to kill boss 3 by shooting her from the room entrance before the fight starts
-Fixed a bug in which the Force Shot's ammo refund skill could be used to gain a single Overcharged Force Shot, before the Overcharge upgrade was obtained
-Doors now open up automatically if you dash towards them (including extended Hoverjets dash)
-Fixed an issue where you could go up steep ramps without the Hoverjets upgrade by repeatedly melee attacking
-Fixed an issue where certain vertical room transitions could get locked to a black screen if the player was holding left or right while entering them, until the player let go of left and right
-Fixed an issue where a room transition in the Caves would result in the player being inside a wall
-Fixed an issue where thin platforms in a room in the Summit were misplaced

Reactions: Will_Klink

voltairepop

Dec 15, 2019
Boss, I try out your game, I really like it. Great game., and will definitely support your patron. Now, I notice a big issue. I don't know if it is just my pc but the dash doesn't work properly. I play with my Xbox controller and the section that require dash like after the purple balls boss I got stuck for a long time. You require a precise dash usage, but even with auto dash it actually got worst. Dash work like 1 out of 4 times and it is very irritating when you have to dash across laser door. It keeps failing. Please make like a 1 button dedicate to dashing. one press dash no set up and work on the ground. That is all.

D

Deleted member 2830334

The map seems to duplicate over itself at random times. :?

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Boss, I try out your game, I really like it. Great game., and will definitely support your patron. Now, I notice a big issue. I don't know if it is just my pc but the dash doesn't work properly. I play with my Xbox controller and the section that require dash like after the purple balls boss I got stuck for a long time. You require a precise dash usage, but even with auto dash it actually got worst. Dash work like 1 out of 4 times and it is very irritating when you have to dash across laser door. It keeps failing. Please make like a 1 button dedicate to dashing. one press dash no set up and work on the ground. That is all.
I'm glad you like the game! I'm not sure what you mean about the dash, though - which version of the game did you play? In the latest versions of the game, Dash DOES have its own dedicated button that no other action shares.

The map seems to duplicate over itself at random times. :?
Can you elaborate on what you mean? Maybe a screenshot of it in action or something? I haven't heard of this issue before

D

Deleted member 2830334

I'm glad you like the game! I'm not sure what you mean about the dash, though - which version of the game did you play? In the latest versions of the game, Dash DOES have its own dedicated button that no other action shares.

Can you elaborate on what you mean? Maybe a screenshot of it in action or something? I haven't heard of this issue before
Well, whenever I use the transporter, between save points, the map becomes jumbled.

Any attempts to bring it up a couple more times, jumbles it even more.

Ver. 41

Also, that other person, might be referring to the gamepad button mapping for the dash, being the melee button as well. So you have to jump first to dash.

At least, that's what I had to do. In the earlier versions, you could dash outright.
Again, this is just my experience.

16079938264031339354442.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Well, whenever I use the transporter, between save points, the map becomes jumbled.

Any attempts to bring it up a couple more times, jumbles it even more.

Also, that other person, might be referring to the gamepad button mapping for the dash, being the melee button as well. So you have to jump first to dash.

At least, that's what I had to do. In the earlier versions, you could dash outright.
Again, this is just my experience.

Thanks for the reports on the map issue, I'm not sure what's causing that and I haven't ever seen it on my own game, but I'll try and see if i can figure it out.

As far as the controls go, the issue of melee and dash being on the same button happened because the control scheme for the game changed in v0.41, separating dash and melee onto their own buttons (as well as some other changes), but you had already played an older version of the game and thus already had a saved button layout. Fixing it is as simple as either setting the controls to the new default (I could've done this automatically, but didn't want to screw over people who already had a customized layout), or just customizing the controls and moving either Melee or Dash onto a new button.

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes