Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Vega1944

Oct 20, 2018
Where the hell do I get the DAMN climbing gear? I hear its in the deep soil but its just not there!

Mar 16, 2018
Loaded up my CPE save to try and find the coords and noticed I last completed an older version, so after re-playing the game to this point and making sure I marked like, everything. (upgrades, WIP doors, the stuff needed for each upgrade, ability locations, bosses)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
took ages, anyway Kilogrip is at
if anyone wants me to upload the save after I 100% it with the complete map just give me a shout, would be a shame for me to waste it.

Jun 22, 2018
Where's the breast expansion content in the game? On the tfgamesite it gives "BE" as one of the tags, but I haven't come across it yet.

Mar 16, 2018
at the moment, i think it's just the one vine enemy. but pretty sure breast expansion is being worked on for the next version.

i think the eta on the next version was sometime in october.
"I probably won't be talking too much about my work regarding those cutscenes, I'd rather keep it a secret for once you have v0.36 in your hands in about two months."

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
: (

View attachment 392760

can't get in, cant even get here without debug mode, roof above is too small for kilogrip and omnidash doesn't fit. doin me a big sad.
Sorry :' ) I think I changed the collision boxes there right before putting the update out, and forgot to check it to make sure it can actually be reached, since that area isn't actually accessible outside of debug mode. I'll make sure to fix it for v0.36!

Where's the breast expansion content in the game? On the tfgamesite it gives "BE" as one of the tags, but I haven't come across it yet.
at the moment, i think it's just the one vine enemy. but pretty sure breast expansion is being worked on for the next version.
i think the eta on the next version was sometime in october.

The v0.36 timeline is correct, I'm aiming for late September-early October, but the Breast Expansion content is most definitely in the game now. The thing coming in v0.36 is just a rework of the gameplay effects of BE. Right now, to access BE content you just have to get grabbed by the vines (or hit by the Scientist's blue vials) to get bigger breasts, then run into the enemy you want a BE H-scene with. Most enemies have a unique BE H-scene, though a few of them are currently just reskins of the default H-scene (those ones will be changed to a unique scene later on).

Reactions: GranTurboAutismo
Jun 22, 2018
Sorry :' ) I think I changed the collision boxes there right before putting the update out, and forgot to check it to make sure it can actually be reached, since that area isn't actually accessible outside of debug mode. I'll make sure to fix it for v0.36!

The v0.36 timeline is correct, I'm aiming for late September-early October, but the Breast Expansion content is most definitely in the game now. The thing coming in v0.36 is just a rework of the gameplay effects of BE. Right now, to access BE content you just have to get grabbed by the vines (or hit by the Scientist's blue vials) to get bigger breasts, then run into the enemy you want a BE H-scene with. Most enemies have a unique BE H-scene, though a few of them are currently just reskins of the default H-scene (those ones will be changed to a unique scene later on).
Is the jungle sections available in the public demo?

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Is the jungle sections available in the public demo?
It's not, sorry - the Deep Soil area is only in the Patreon builds.

(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

Hey everybody! This week's update is gonna be on the small side, and there are no visuals. To be honest, we kinda blew our load in regards to showing stuff off for this update cycle; most of the stuff we have left to do won't really result in anything fun to show off. Sorry about that.

The majority of what I did this week involved continuing work on the things I've talked about in the past few weeks - implementing mouse support for the menus, fixing more issues with the new lighting engine, and continuing work on the new NPC and cutscenes. Since it's not particularly interesting, I won't get into detail on any of those except to say that they're going well.

Aside from that, I also went ahead and implemented recolor variants on the Warped Sentries, to go along with all the other enemy recolors. I think the majority of enemies have recolors now, so thankfully I'll be done with that before long.

Some of you may have noticed Orex hasn't been streaming lately and that's because he's been working on the NPC animations we need for this update, which are aaaaalmost done! I think I might have mentioned it before, but just to make sure everyone knows, there ARE NO H-SCENES with the new NPC this update. They'll get H-scenes eventually, but not in this update, so please don't expect any - we had our hands full animation-wise with the BE rework, cutscene animations, and finishing the Lurker BE climax scene.

Kuso has been working hard on the next CG rework, which will be for the Warped Soldier paizuri scene this time. I also wrote the outline for the Poison Alraune CG this week, so hopefully if Kuso's work goes smoothly, we should be able to include that CG in this update, too!

Alright, that's about all I have this week. Sorry if the update is disappointing at all, but right now we're mostly just heads down working on things that need to be done, even if they aren't exciting. The rest of this update cycle is likely going to be very similar, but I'll try to at least get you guys some CG previews or something to hopefully keep things a little more interesting. Either way, thank you very much for your patience and support, and I'll see you in next week's update!

Reactions: axelaen

LykaLyka

Oct 17, 2017
I noticed an alternate sprite scene with the scientist after Alicia gets "drunk" with the potion where she does the reverse cowgirl. Is there a way to trigger that on the gallery side?

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I noticed an alternate sprite scene with the scientist after Alicia gets "drunk" with the potion where she does the reverse cowgirl. Is there a way to trigger that on the gallery side?
That's the Breast Expansion content, those vials (as well as the green vines that hang from the ceiling in some areas) make her boobs bigger and gives new H-scenes with most enemies. I know you can access them in the gallery, I want to say you press the same button as Dash to change over, but if it's not that then it's one of the other gameplay keybinds.

Reactions: LykaLyka
Mar 16, 2018
please
my ocd, it can't take the map ;-;
these little corners and things just slightly blocking a complete map
really irritating that it's just small amounts of blocks preventing my pristine minimap from existing ;-;. only seen 5 so far, forgot to take a pic of the second caves one, but there's two in the same room there. pls fix, am dying. x.x

Reactions: PSRJ1748-2446AD

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
please
my ocd, it can't take the map ;-;
these little corners and things just slightly blocking a complete map
really irritating that it's just small amounts of blocks preventing my pristine minimap from existing ;-;. only seen 5 so far, forgot to take a pic of the second caves one, but there's two in the same room there. pls fix, am dying. x.x
I can assure you the spot in the camp is very much reachable. As for the others, I'll fix them for our next Patreon release

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

Hey everyone. Like I said in the last weekly update, most of what I have left to work on isn't particularly exciting to show off - I'm mostly spending my time continuing work on the things I talked about in PREVIOUS weekly updates, like the new lighting system (which still has a few kinks to work out), the cutscenes and new NPC, and mouse support for the menus.

Soldier_1s.png

First off, here's the one fun thing I DO have to show off this week - the Warped Soldier CG rework Kuso finished up recently. This is the first image in the set, and the full thing will be available with v0.36 once it comes out.

Aside from that, here's a general status update on all of the things I'm still working on for this update.
-I have almost everything I need to get the cutscenes fully implemented (will likely only take a day once I have all the parts), so thanks to the efforts of our voice actors and Orexius on animation, those will definitely be in this time.
-Mouse support will be complete for the options menus specifically, but possibly not in the rest of the menu, as we're getting close to the deadline and I'm starting to prioritize what I really want to get done in time.
-The lighting engine should be in acceptable enough position before long. I haven't done extensive testing on performance, but I think the new lighting engine is a bit more demanding than the previous one, so I want to do a bit of optimization on it and possibly add in some menu options for lowering the complexity on particularly weak computers. I don't think I'll have menu options in this update, but I'll be able to do those optimizations at least, and I believe it will be enough that if your computer ran previous versions of the game well, it shouldn't be any different.
-I can't remember if I mentioned it before, but the BE rework is basically done at this point, there's just a few minor tweaks I have to make to the animation system to accomodate some of the BE animation variants that have extra frames for the sake of jiggle.

All in all, it's unlikely that I'll have time to add more areas to explore in the Catacombs (I'm really sorry that keeps getting pushed back further - it's my focus 100% in the next update if it doesn't happen this time), BUT I'm also pretty confident I can get the update done this month and not have to delay it majorly. Anyway, that's about all I have to say for this week - sorry again for the boring update, and you can probably expect another similar one next week, just with everything a lot closer to being finished. Game dev can't always be glamorous unfortunately :' ) Thank you very much for sticking with me everyone, and I'll see you in next week's update.

ZeroNoHero

Apr 25, 2019
i can't map the controller that i normally use correctly, even thought your game recognizes its plugged it, but when i borrowed my brothers ps4 controller it worked. are only ps4 and xbox supported

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
i can't map the controller that i normally use correctly, even thought your game recognizes its plugged it, but when i borrowed my brothers ps4 controller it worked. are only ps4 and xbox supported
Theoretically any controller should work, if it's supported by Windows, but I've only ever personally tested with a PS4 controller as it's the only kind I have access to. What happens when you try and use it? Does it just not register any inputs at all, or do they show up as different inputs, or is it something else entirely?

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes