Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

aaryncage

Jun 7, 2017
And get myself banned from Patreon so I have no more income and support to finish the game with? Gee, what a great idea.
This, this explains why almost all the h-games ive been supporting on patreon all of a sudden dropped any bestiality, without any mention, huh guess I know now, kinda sad really. I really liked the deathhounds (skyrim dawnguard anyone?)

Reactions: goditseb

TimelyTorch

Jan 22, 2018
This, this explains why almost all the h-games ive been supporting on patreon all of a sudden dropped any bestiality, without any mention, huh guess I know now, kinda sad really. I really liked the deathhounds (skyrim dawnguard anyone?)
It kinda doesn't make sense to me why bestiality isn't allowed, but insectiality is. (not sure if that is an actual word, but sex with insects and spiders and such)

Reactions: aaryncage

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
It kinda doesn't make sense to me why bestiality isn't allowed, but insectiality is. (not sure if that is an actual word, but sex with insects and spiders and such)
It's not. Bestiality of any kind, mammal or insect or what have you, is not allowed. That's why the flies in CPE were redesigned to have more of an alien vibe instead of being straight up insects, now they're flying aliens instead.

And before anyone asks, yes, they have been and still are actively taking down pages that go against their ToS. Not every game that breaks it has been taken down yet, but leaving the content in is clearly a ticking time bomb now

Xenon-San

Jun 16, 2017
as much as i would like to whine about this game begin a scam i simply cannot.
i am observing development of this masterpiece and i am more and more impressed, both gameplay and "content" are great
will you sell this game after finishing it, or do i need to support you via parteon ? i hate preorders so purchasing this after its completed would be best option
could you tell me what game engine you are using ? pretty please
can't you just provide a patch that will be hosted on Mega and will bring back bestiality and other patreon banned things ? or is it just that creating patch for every new version would be too bothersome ?
and lastly, were you considering a cross section (xray) view for content ?
best of luck anon

bestpasswrd

Jul 10, 2017
It's not. Bestiality of any kind, mammal or insect or what have you, is not allowed. That's why the flies in CPE were redesigned to have more of an alien vibe instead of being straight up insects, now they're flying aliens instead.

And before anyone asks, yes, they have been and still are actively taking down pages that go against their ToS. Not every game that breaks it has been taken down yet, but leaving the content in is clearly a ticking time bomb now
I really don't know what goes into making the game and I apologized if this was asked before but wouldn't it be possible to have a separate patch/addon for all the things you can't include cause of patreon?

Like, you release a version of CPE based on the rules you have to follow and somewhere in the FAQ (if anyone reads it and becomes interested), theres a link to here or to your tumblr for a patch for bestiality or whatever you may have for anyone who wanted it. I can imagine this would end up creating a lot more work for the team though.

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
I did talk about a potential patch adding the content back on the last page, here's a copy/paste of that post:

It could happen. I haven't deleted the old files containing them, they're just inaccessible within the game right now, and will be eventually replaced with the new assets. If I ever did release a patch, though, it would be after the full game is released; the distinction here is that Patreon does not allow bestiality to be funded using their service, so if the patch is worked on and released after the game comes out and done without using Patreon money, then it's not even breaking any rules, so long as the patch isn't distributed via Patreon.
Like you guessed besspasswrd, creating a patch for every version of the game would simply be too much work. Linking to that sort of thing from Patreon would also break the rules, and because the content would be developed and included alongside the Patreon campaign, there would be no arguing that it was not using Patreon funds, thus my campaign would still be breaking the rules. I can also tell you now the old insects won't be coming back, as I am much more fond of their new design and believe it to be an objective improvement, especially since their animations aren't changing.

To answer your questions xenon - yes, the final game will be sold elsewhere, most likely itch.io and DLsite at least. The game engine I'm using is Game Maker Studio. As for an xray view, I've honestly never thought about it, but I'm willing to consider it at least. It probably wouldn't get added for a while though.

Xenon-San

Jun 16, 2017
xray - just ask your patrons about it . It can attract more patrons to project. On the other hand it could raise expectations and hype and trolls would start whining about it if they won't see it immediately in high quantities.
But generally that would be great addon.
thanks for answers anon and best of luck

Ikegamo

Mar 20, 2017
Been playing for the first time, had a few questions regarding aiming with the blaster:

- How to aim while standing still?
- Can you lock on to enemies?

It just seems a bit silly I have to either get really close to an enemy in order for my shots to actually hit, since I could just as easily be shooting them from a distance.

greengem

Apr 20, 2018
in v.0.27, that gun which goes forward then goes back has a bug, that makes the game easily breaks down. I hope this bug is fixed in 0.28

Rustle

Jan 19, 2018
May I suggest to add birthing? Judging by the dead end with the alien flies, laying an egg should happen shortly after she's screwed by one of them. And said egg should hatch into a new alien almost instantly.

I liked how it was done in PiC, so I thought I'd like to see it in this one too.

R34nimator

Dec 22, 2017
I like the art style and sound design, very atmospheric. Sweet animations too. The control scheme is kicking my ass a bit though. I should probably try to play with a controller, I imagine it would feel much better.

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes