Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
snip

-

I have one critique in which I must say that the wide underwater expanse in the Subaquatic Caverns section is sometimes painstakingly tedious to move through due to the slowed run speed while underwater. I was subconsciously trying not to explore that region a lot.

As for a minor feature suggestion, I would really, really like to have an option to be able to cycle through the various recolor variants of the enemies in the gallery during the h-scenes!
There is no double jump, no - and there are some areas that are inaccessible even with debug, yes. They will be accessible with future planned upgrades, and I've placed things there early in preparation for them and/or as a reminder to myself.

The upgrades you're missing also don't exist yet, but are there for once they're implemented later. The bullets, if I'm remembering correctly, are some of the more hidden ones; if you want a small nudge to help you narrow it down,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Your critique of the Subaquatic Caverns is fair, and I appreciate the feedback. That large area is kind of incomplete, and I'd like to put more things in the center-ish area it so it's not just a bunch of emptiness, but I've also been adjusting the underwater controls too. There's a new move coming in the next version that gives you a way to sink quickly while underwater, and I'm exploring options for horizontal movement improvements as well. Hopefully it'll all feel better in the future.

The desire for recolors in the gallery has been noted, I'll probably add it at some point. It'll make the code behind capturing enemies a little bit more complex, so I might not get to it for a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ecl1p5e
May 25, 2017
A suggestion for the underwater portion, maybe add some spots to use the grapple hook and maybe an upgrade to be able to use the melee attack and dash underwater (Then again I think you've already planned for that one considering where some of the underwater collectables are hidden). Aside from that extreme platforming portion above the start and the summit, the grapple almost feels... underutilized after summit. I mean there's one part in catacombs where you have to use it to progress, but that's really it. Wall jump kinda invalidates it's use in most areas (that is NOT a suggestion to nerf wall jump, PLEASE do not pull a modern Metroid!). So if you were to have some grapple spots in the underwater area you not only have some more use with grapple hook, but it could make those underwater areas at least feel faster.

Reactions: anon62195

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
A suggestion for the underwater portion, maybe add some spots to use the grapple hook and maybe an upgrade to be able to use the melee attack and dash underwater (Then again I think you've already planned for that one considering where some of the underwater collectables are hidden). Aside from that extreme platforming portion above the start and the summit, the grapple almost feels... underutilized after summit. I mean there's one part in catacombs where you have to use it to progress, but that's really it. Wall jump kinda invalidates it's use in most areas (that is NOT a suggestion to nerf wall jump, PLEASE do not pull a modern Metroid!). So if you were to have some grapple spots in the underwater area you not only have some more use with grapple hook, but it could make those underwater areas at least feel faster.
You're right that the Wire Shot is underutilized; the old version of the Wire Shot was super boring and finnicky to use, and I realized how not fun it was, so I didn't utilize it much after it was introduced. The new version of the Wire Shot is way more fun, but was also only implemented recently, which is why the new areas in the upper Caves and upper Summit use it a lot more but all the old places don't. I'd like to eventually go back and add it to some more places in the midgame too, but that will come with time. Wall Jump doesn't come until well after the Wire Shot anyway, so no worries, I don't plan on nerfing it :p

Reactions: nightsight

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, If you enjoy the game, We couldn't make this game without our supporters!)

Told you I'd make it before the end of the year, didn't I? Crisis Point: Extinction v0.45 is now released and ready for all our $10+ patrons to play!

You can watch the trailer above for the main highlights, though a lot of the main things are NSFW, which can't be shown in the youtube trailer for obvious reasons. You can also check the redgifs link for the NSFW version of the trailer, as well! Here's a list of all the major things added or changed:

v0.45 MAJOR CHANGES AND FEATURES

-Added 5 more unique Edovex H-scenes (bringing the total from 1 to 6)
-Added optional xray animations to every applicable H-scene (except slimes; will come later)
-Implemented new Ledge Vault ability for the Kilogrip, to improve gameplay flow
-Implemented new Slam ability for the Weighted Boots, to improve underwater mobility and give a fun new movement and combat option in general
-Implemented Azulisk (Crystal Dragon) CG
-Finished implementing dialogue choice system, and wrote optional hints for all points of the playthrough, which the player can access by speaking to Rodriguez back at camp
-Fixed more bugs and glitches

More was planned for this update, but as you all know, I've been going through a major mental health crisis this year. I'm finally getting to a healthy place again, slowly but surely, and next year is looking up for not just myself, but everyone in the Crisis Point team.

I've said it before, but despite the long wait for v0.45, this update isn't any larger than any previous update has been. I wasn't working for a large portion of the year thanks to my mental health issues leaving me barely able to get out of bed some days, but I felt the need to get v0.45 out and finished, even if the size of it is disappointing to some people. Honestly, after all this time there's no possible way I could make an update big enough to make up for the long wait, so I've just been crunching hard the past week to get what I could out of the door, so the team can start 2022 fresh and without the weight of 8 months of expectations keeping us down. Speaking of starting fresh, let's look forward to v0.46, shall we?

v0.46 GOALS AND PLANS

-Finish implementing new Golem enemies
-Add more new and updated H-scenes
-Continue fleshing out cutscenes with more character animations
-Implement new mobility upgrade
-Finish CG reworks with the Edovex CG
-Work on a custom level editor for the game, to make future level design work better and easier
-If the level editor is finished, add further story cutscenes and a new small "biome"
-Continue adding altered behaviors/attack patterns to enemy recolors, and update some outdated enemy gameplay animations
-Fix more bugs and glitches

Most of the things we plan for v0.46 are things that were originally planned for v0.45, before my mental health turned south. v0.45 was originally a very ambitious update, and I might honestly be being too ambitious with v0.46 too, but I want to bring the game back with a bang if possible. If not, then don't worry, I'll scale it down as needed; my goal for 2022 is steady development and continuing to improve my health, both mental and physical, not light-speed development at any cost. Years of burnout is a major contiributor towards 2021 going so overwhelmingly badly for me, and I'm going to be careful because I refuse to let that happen again - but I'm still going to aim high, because development is more fun that way :p

This is gonna be our lengthiest Top Patrons list yet, considering it includes 8 months worth of folks, but all of you that grabbed our highest tier despite the lack of updates absolutely deserve one hell of a shoutout - so thank you SO MUCH to these wonderful people:

SeraphStarliege
Katsune Teku
Benjamin Arnold
Leon Kiske
Pedro Fraga
HOELS
Lukas Binder
Dezren
Serge Hinzelin
Bombastic Black
Nate
patricio cancino
Thomas Kleis
David Hyde
Thurston Scott
Zero the 1st
Joseph J Hall
bugs weeb five69
Justin Tyler
Zackery Shivers
Fluff
Ingrid Blackflame Discordia

I seriously cannot thank you all enough for your patience and understanding throughout this year, there just.. aren't words for it, honestly. You guys are amazing, and I'm so fucking grateful for all of you, whether you're a patron or not. The constant outpouring of positivity, kind words, and reminders that you all care more about the team than the game, is something I will never forget.

As always, the download link will be posted shortly after this post goes up, in a separate Patron-only post, and I'll also be DMing everyone who was pledged during the development of v0.45.. so, that's a lot of people lmao. I apologize ahead of time, because any of you who were here for the entire year are about to get a LOT of DMs from me; I have to send DMs on a month-by-month basis, I can't just look at the entire period at once, so.. sorry about that!

I hope you guys enjoy v0.45 - and here's to putting 2021 behind us, and making 2022 a brighter year for everyone!
-A42

v0.45 MINOR CHANGES AND BUG FIXES

-Redid a chunk of our H-scene and animation system, to try and fix the H-scene crashes last update introduced
-Renamed Central Summit teleporter to Eastern Summit, to better fit character dialogue referring to that area
-Added a new sound effect for Flare Strike melee swings
-Fixed an issue where the BE vines animation would cause Alicia's animations to slow down, and prevent version actions, until the player changed rooms
-Boom Shot damage reduced from 6 to 5
-Fixed an issue where the position of Wire Shot-pulled blocks would not save, and would reset to their original locations when you leave and reenter the area
-Fixed an issue where cumshooter enemies would reset some of Alicia's animations, which could lead to a softlock in very specific situations
-Rebalanced the volume levels of music tracks to fix the game's uneven volume levels
-Attempted a fix for certain sound effects looping indefinitely under certain conditions
-Attempted a fix for Boss 3 getting stuck rarely during their divekick animation
-Fixed an issue that allowed the player to enter through the upper door of the Torguis camp before watching their introduction cutscene
-Shortened an awkwardly long pause during a cutscene before Boss 3
-Fixed an issue where a softlock would occur if skipping the post-boss-3 cutscene, where the boss and the room barriers didn't disappear
-Implemented a pink screen vignette for when the player's libido meter is high
-Fixed minor animation bug where Alicia would use her "running jump" animation if both left and right were held, despite not actually moving
-Fixed issue where Edovex hovering noise would continue indefinitely if the player leaves a room while being chased by Edovex

McDutt

Jul 28, 2018
I'm a little disapointed that the developer changed the ingame animations of the main character and added boots to her instead of beeing nude. For me it kills the extra lewdness that came along. Hopefully there will be an option to undress her in the future.

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
I'm a little disapointed that the developer changed the ingame animations of the main character and added boots to her instead of beeing nude. For me it kills the extra lewdness that came along. Hopefully there will be an option to undress her in the future.
Actually, there's extra lewdness from keeping something on, even if it's just her boots or socks. This is a psychological thing, seeing someone mostly nude but not completely is more sexually arousing on a subconscious level. While your conscious brain enjoys seeing the woman's exposed parts, your subconscious brain is imagining what the rest of her looks like. This extra mental activity heightens your arousal.

Of course, it works best if you haven't previously seen the woman in question fully nude.

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes