Others Crisis Point: Extinction [v0.47] [Anon42]

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Captain Crash

Oct 19, 2017
I don't count any of the enemies in the game right now as bestiality, no. I'm more concerned with real life animals, or things that are very close to them.
Ah, thanks for the clarification. Some of the non-humanoid enemies are a bit weird for me but not the end of the world.

Also, it's probably too much work to change now but for the internal views that were recently added I feel like the cumshots are a bit inconsistent. In a lot of the original animations there's a lot of cum to the point it gushes out even before who/whatever Alicia is banging pulls out, but in the internal view for quite a few of them the cum only just barely fills her womb and it doesn't look like any would be coming out, at least until her partner pulls out.

Reactions: Enigmanic

Epsilon69

Oct 26, 2017
Place it in [System Partiton - commonly C]:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Crisis_Point_Extinction
I'm not sure if it's really 100%, but I just finished what I believe to be all the current version. Hope you enjoy it.
you are an absolute legend

wariomario

Oct 19, 2020
Hey man, don't feel bad for taking care of yourself, you'll always deserve to be happy.
Still, thank you for the update. I already respect you and everyone else working on this but showing that you're willing to stick to it even when things get rough certainly doesn't hurt.
Heres to a brighter future ahead. :)

Jaacker

Oct 24, 2019
After reading the part about the Level Editor in the changelog i started wondering something(sorry if this has been asked before i barely engage on conversations), Is that editor made in order to make adding/modifying/Creating levels more easily for you or do you plan to release alongside the game and basically have a small Mario maker section for the community?

Actually that reminds me. What is your stance regarding mods or how would you feel if someone decided to mod your game? (I dont plan to do it if you wonder. I have barely the skills to be a functioning adult, let alone programming skills, at best i know enough to translate english to spanish and viceversa)

Aug 11, 2021
Hello, Anon42 I just discovered this gem of a game since I've only been a member for a short while. I like it a lot! It's really good. I've played just about an hour or so and have just reached the 'ascencing the summit' save/teleport point.

The two (or was it three?) shield maidens there are missing the targets for the hook shot. If I'm quick I can jump pass them though, but just to let you know.

I also found that when crouching under a platform/roof -- you had to slide in under -- you're able to use melee which makes her stand up and thus getting her stuck halfway through the roof/platform, which is a bit awkward.

Another thing that isn't a bug but a bit awkward as well, is her running while aiming. If you shoot and then starts runing she will erect her arm and keep it erect aiming, no matter how far you run.

I think her lowering the arm just a second or two after the last shot would look much better and have a more natural/real feel to it.

I'll play on now and see if I can be of further help/nuisance down the line : )
Have a nice day and I hope you take care of yourself.

Edit: Just another small esthetic thing is that there is no skidding when doing a full 180 degree turn whilem running. If you run and make a full stop there is a small and nice skidding motion. I think there should be one when turning around while running as well.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2018
had an edovex fly into me midair while being pulled by the wireshot, and it crashed the game. didn't think to get the error code it spat out at the time, but i figured i'd post it here where the dev would be likely to see it. if i recreate it i'll edit this post

Reactions: Captain Crash

guto8797

Aug 23, 2017
Anyone manage to successfully run this on Linux? If I try my regular Wine config it doesn't launch the game at all, and If I set up a fresh one via PlayOnLinux, I can make it up through the intro cutscene, at which point it complains about the lack of Dx9 and crashes

Anon42

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2017
Ah, thanks for the clarification. Some of the non-humanoid enemies are a bit weird for me but not the end of the world.

Also, it's probably too much work to change now but for the internal views that were recently added I feel like the cumshots are a bit inconsistent. In a lot of the original animations there's a lot of cum to the point it gushes out even before who/whatever Alicia is banging pulls out, but in the internal view for quite a few of them the cum only just barely fills her womb and it doesn't look like any would be coming out, at least until her partner pulls out.
This is an unfortunate side effect of adding in the xrays later on. The H-scenes were designed and animated to be on their own, and having some cum shoot out during internal cumshots looks better than not having any, but the amount of cum we'd need to add to the xrays to make them match up would be outright silly and not really attractive imo. We opted to just deal with the two not lining up perfectly, hopefully it's not too much of a dealbreaker

After reading the part about the Level Editor in the changelog i started wondering something(sorry if this has been asked before i barely engage on conversations), Is that editor made in order to make adding/modifying/Creating levels more easily for you or do you plan to release alongside the game and basically have a small Mario maker section for the community?

Actually that reminds me. What is your stance regarding mods or how would you feel if someone decided to mod your game? (I dont plan to do it if you wonder. I have barely the skills to be a functioning adult, let alone programming skills, at best i know enough to translate english to spanish and viceversa)
The level editor is just for us. As cool as fan levels would be, the system I'm using for it would not be possible for other people to use, because it requires manually inserting the created levels into the game's project files, so it won't be released at any point.

As far as mods, I don't plan on officially adding modding tools or anything (not really within scope for our small team), but I definitely encourage people to mod the game if they figure out how, mods are awesome.

Hello, Anon42 I just discovered this gem of a game since I've only been a member for a short while. I like it a lot! It's really good. I've played just about an hour or so and have just reached the 'ascencing the summit' save/teleport point.

The two (or was it three?) shield maidens there are missing the targets for the hook shot. If I'm quick I can jump pass them though, but just to let you know.

I also found that when crouching under a platform/roof -- you had to slide in under -- you're able to use melee which makes her stand up and thus getting her stuck halfway through the roof/platform, which is a bit awkward.

Another thing that isn't a bug but a bit awkward as well, is her running while aiming. If you shoot and then starts runing she will erect her arm and keep it erect aiming, no matter how far you run.

I think her lowering the arm just a second or two after the last shot would look much better and have a more natural/real feel to it.

I'll play on now and see if I can be of further help/nuisance down the line : )
Have a nice day and I hope you take care of yourself.

Edit: Just another small esthetic thing is that there is no skidding when doing a full 180 degree turn whilem running. If you run and make a full stop there is a small and nice skidding motion. I think there should be one when turning around while running as well.
Glad you like the game :) The sentries weren't missing targets, you just can't use the wire shot on them if the angle is too extreme, or if you're too close to them. I intentionally place them in positions where you can't easily use the wire shot sometimes, to prevent them from always being cheesable in the exact same way.

Thanks for the bug reports, I'll put them in the list of things to fix. As far as the "no skidding when turning around", that's not actually true; Alicia has a turning animation whenever you change directions. It's not explicitly a "skid", but it does happen. If it doesn't seem like enough to you that's fair, but personally I prefer the animation to be subtle and nonintrusive for an action you're going to see constantly, so I probably won't make it more extreme than it is right now

had an edovex fly into me midair while being pulled by the wireshot, and it crashed the game. didn't think to get the error code it spat out at the time, but i figured i'd post it here where the dev would be likely to see it. if i recreate it i'll edit this post
Do you have any more information on this, like if you were in BE state at the time? I couldn't recreate this immediately, so there's probably a smaller factor at work causing this to crash when it normally wouldn't. I'll look into it either way, but any more info you could give me would be greatly appreciated

Anyone manage to successfully run this on Linux? If I try my regular Wine config it doesn't launch the game at all, and If I set up a fresh one via PlayOnLinux, I can make it up through the intro cutscene, at which point it complains about the lack of Dx9 and crashes
It won't be playable without that Dx9, the engine we use requires it for shaders to compile properly, and shaders are used all over the game. Don't know if it'll help, but this is the version of DirectX that the game needs to function:

Aside from that, I'm afraid I can't really help, we only officially support windows at the moment

Reactions: Artix0

Captain Crash

Oct 19, 2017
This is an unfortunate side effect of adding in the xrays later on. The H-scenes were designed and animated to be on their own, and having some cum shoot out during internal cumshots looks better than not having any, but the amount of cum we'd need to add to the xrays to make them match up would be outright silly and not really attractive imo. We opted to just deal with the two not lining up perfectly, hopefully it's not too much of a dealbreaker
I think that's really up to opinion with how much cum looks good on the internal cumshots, but it's definitely not a dealbreaker for them to not match up, at least not for me. Keep up the great work king.

Reactions: Anon42 and Artix0

guto8797

Aug 23, 2017
Well I managed to fix it! Leaving this here for anyone who might need it.

I installed the game via PlayOnLinux, which creates a new virtual drive for the program, then I installed d3dcompiller 43 on it. It now works. For some reason my regular wine prefix with the same DLL installed doesn't work, so I guess its just more Linux Dark Magic for yall. PlayOnLinux might set up some settings different or something, IDK, and frankly don't care enough to narrow it down.

jakeskywalker17

Jan 10, 2020
Is it just me or does the Deep Soil boss have an unreasonable amount of health? I feel like I'm wailing into this boss for ages but she refuses to die and she wittles my health down until I lose. Am I missing something???

Aug 11, 2021
Is it just me or does the Deep Soil boss have an unreasonable amount of health? I feel like I'm wailing into this boss for ages but she refuses to die and she wittles my health down until I lose. Am I missing something???
I just beat her two hours ago. I used the lazer and rapid. Plus the beefed up grenade/force shot. She gets stuck if you hit the ball she throws out and everytime she missed a punch. Also when she is in the roof. Those three moments are excellent to grenade/force shot her. I also landed some of the fire strike things on her. A tip if you can't avoid her punches perfectly is to gather the health boxes. I had 4/4 plus one shield (5 %).

Glad you like the game :) The sentries weren't missing targets, you just can't use the wire shot on them if the angle is too extreme, or if you're too close to them. I intentionally place them in positions where you can't easily use the wire shot sometimes, to prevent them from always being cheesable in the exact same way.

Thanks for the bug reports, I'll put them in the list of things to fix. As far as the "no skidding when turning around", that's not actually true; Alicia has a turning animation whenever you change directions. It's not explicitly a "skid", but it does happen. If it doesn't seem like enough to you that's fair, but personally I prefer the animation to be subtle and nonintrusive for an action you're going to see constantly, so I probably won't make it more extreme than it is right now
I see. There are alot of sentries in deep soil I am posetive I should be able to hit but they have no targets either. But I won't bug you with that.
I can't see the the turning animation you mentioned. For me she turns like a UFO. I may have too low an FPS to see it though. I won't bug you with that either : ) I also found a way to cancel that out stretched arm. I do a dash and then she starts running with pumping arms like a normal person. Looks good.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2018
Do you have any more information on this, like if you were in BE state at the time? I couldn't recreate this immediately, so there's probably a smaller factor at work causing this to crash when it normally wouldn't. I'll look into it either way, but any more info you could give me would be greatly appreciated
from what I remember it specifically the hook at x45 y13. at a very tight angle. i jumped from where the hive is up high enough to be able to hook, and after taking damage it crashed. i only had the wireshot, and no extra health canisters. i'm not sure the amount of health i was on, but it's possible that it was not a lot, although i haven't been able to replicate the crash so far.

edit: almost forgot literally the one thing you asked for, i wasn't in BE. it was near the summit. this is probably some frame perfect garbage, depending completely on the angle of the edovex and how far i was hooking from.

Reactions: Anon42

Zenithe

Jul 10, 2017
so I found a bug that I noticed whenever I'm "doing stuff" with enemies and occasionally when happens, it crashes my game, but I went ahead and ran through the captured enemy area to be right next to a save for it and there we go, rather consistent with certain enemies, maybe in specific statuses, but having it happen while I go through the main game...well I have no idea what's causing this
1641574107705.png

son of niemeyer

Jul 10, 2019
hey, it's been ages since I last played this game so I forgot all controls and mechanics but still don't want to restart. Anyone can tell me what I need to do or use to pass this platform part?

Oct 5, 2017
hey, it's been ages since I last played this game so I forgot all controls and mechanics but still don't want to restart. Anyone can tell me what I need to do or use to pass this platform part?
You can approach that area from the other side here if you have the walljump. Warp to the "tip of the summit" and head down here, then jump over to the wall on the far side from the entrance, and head up from there.

Reactions: son of niemeyer

son of niemeyer

Jul 10, 2019
You can approach that area from the other side here if you have the walljump. Warp to the "tip of the summit" and head down here, then jump over to the wall on the far side from the entrance, and head up from there.
Thanks, I got it!

On an unrelated note, it's so weird how Alicia just suddenly shows her breasts even if fully clothed. For some reason, I didn't think she was that kind of character.

4.60 star(s) 29 Votes