4.00 star(s) 26 Votes

Waahnubis

May 16, 2022
Ignore these muppets. They're only shitposting for the sake of shitposting.
Ah, well... as I mentioned before, I think we should have handled communication a bit better. So with self- reflection I can understand some comments. And the picture above was a good meme compared to real "shitposts". ;)

Anyway - we're still here and I will hold up the flag as long as I believe in the continuation of the game. Meaning: While I won't discuss team internals (obvious reasons) I would never knowingly give out false or misleading information.

Mt78

Feb 13, 2018
Ah, well... as I mentioned before, I think we should have handled communication a bit better. So with self- reflection I can understand some comments. And the picture above was a good meme compared to real "shitposts". ;)

Anyway - we're still here and I will hold up the flag as long as I believe in the continuation of the game. Meaning: While I won't discuss team internals (obvious reasons) I would never knowingly give out false or misleading information.
All these people need to do is follow the devs on Twitter/x for info, me I'm happy to wait for the update

Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017

If I may make a suggestion. Acknowledging past mistakes regarding communication is admirable and worthwhile. It is also meaningless unless you and the team start communicating going forward. Saying "it's not dead" isn't communication. I think people would appreciate ETAs, even if it's just an ETA on when people can resume work.

I understand that you can't talk on behalf of others, but having only one part of the team give non-specific information isn't terribly helpful. In the interest of transparency, perhaps you should consider tagging this "ON HOLD".

Waahnubis

May 16, 2022
If I may make a suggestion. Acknowledging past mistakes regarding communication is admirable and worthwhile. It is also meaningless unless you and the team start communicating going forward. Saying "it's not dead" isn't communication. I think people would appreciate ETAs, even if it's just an ETA on when people can resume work.

I understand that you can't talk on behalf of others, but having only one part of the team give non-specific information isn't terribly helpful. In the interest of transparency, perhaps you should consider tagging this "ON HOLD".
Oh I agree - with one slight difference... ;)

We'll keep our Patreons up2date with the latest developments as they actively support the development, and I happily engage in a conversation here. But F95 (being F95) is not the place where I feel the need to justify everything. ;)

Again, happy to keep people up to date to a certain extent and engage in conversation. :cool:

(and it's not on hold - I saw a new set of renders just yesterday)

Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017
Oh I agree - with one slight difference... ;)

We'll keep our Patreons up2date with the latest developments as they actively support the development, and I happily engage in a conversation here. But F95 (being F95) is not the place where I feel the need to justify everything. ;)

Again, happy to keep people up to date to a certain extent and engage in conversation. :cool:

I don't think that general information should be paywalled, but you do you I guess.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
I don't think that general information should be paywalled, but you do you I guess.
Exactly what I was about to say before I read your post. That's the kind of information any developer wants to share with the public as it's literally a selling point. I'm not gonna pay money and then possibly just get the info that nothing's happening.

"It's not dead" or "personal issues" isn't really saying much. And no, this doesn't mean that personal issues have to be shared incase someone reads it like that.

As I've mentioned before, the final scene was supposed to be finished months ago, with the only thing left- according to desdraw himself, being sounds and details. Those things are usually a matter of days unless desdraw's wording was just terrible. But if that's the case, saying it wouldn't hurt. Quite the opposite actually. But I was ignored twice, so..meh. I'm drawing my conclusions. Not a paying customer so it's not like I'm losing sleep over it, but yeah.

Good thing I've changed my habbit of supporting a project financially purely out of initial hype. These days I tend to wait out a couple updates and see how things are going before I (most of the time) waste my money.

Whatever is going on right now, it doesn't look good on the devteam.

That one has me question desdraw's previous statement (3 months ago at this point?) even more if I'm being honest.

Last edited:

Mt78

Feb 13, 2018
Exactly what I was about to say before I read your post. That's the kind of information any developer wants to share with the public as it's literally a selling point. I'm not gonna pay money and then possibly just get the info that nothing's happening.

"It's not dead" or "personal issues" isn't really saying much. And no, this doesn't mean that personal issues have to be shared incase someone reads it like that.

As I've mentioned before, the final scene was supposed to be finished months ago, with the only thing left- according to desdraw himself, being sounds and details. Those things are usually a matter of days unless desdraw's wording was just terrible. But if that's the case, saying it wouldn't hurt. Quite the opposite actually. But I was ignored twice, so..meh. I'm drawing my conclusions. Not a paying customer so it's not like I'm losing sleep over it, but yeah.

Good thing I've changed my habbit of supporting a project financially purely out of initial hype. These days I tend to wait out a couple updates and see how things are going before I (most of the time) waste my money.

Whatever is going on right now, it doesn't look good on the devteam.

That one has me question desdraw's previous statement (3 months ago at this point?) even more if I'm being honest.
Maybe desdraw had it ready then decided it wasn't good enough so went back to the beginning, that can happen

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
Maybe desdraw had it ready then decided it wasn't good enough so went back to the beginning, that can happen
So you're saying he's worked on the update for like 6 months, made a statement that the last scene was finished and only details/sounds are to be added, but then decided to start from scratch without saying it while also having private issues slowing the development speed down further?

Yeah, sounds very plausible. lol

Reactions: Icekatana

Waahnubis

May 16, 2022
I think you misunderstood my post - as I said I have no issues discussing the general state of the game and its current status. But some people (speaking in general now, so nobody pointed at in particular) tend to "demand" an explanation for everything, which remains totally in our prerogative whether to "explain" or not (on a forum like F95). ;)

That's all I meant.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
Guys... you are hard to please, aren't you? :cool:
I tell you I saw new stuff - you turn the message upside down... ;)
Except I'm not turning it upside down. I'm questioning previous statements with what's happening currently. There simply are some contradictions, which you choose not to address for whatever reason. I mean you clearly don't have to, it's entirely up to you as you've mentioned up there aswell. Just doesn't look good on you guys from a perspective of someone like me.

It's just a little weird considering a couple posts ago you admitted that your communication was lacking lately, that you should've done a better job with it, but now you're like "nope, we don't have to say anything!". Clearly you're okay with the communication as is, atleast when it comes to potential customers and fans who aren't paying for a game that hasn't seen an update in ages. And no, I'm not demanding anything. Just stating that I find this behavior questionable and I've seen it enough times with other developers, which almost always ended the same way. Believe I talked to you about that point in particular before.

Edit: Just so you know what I'm talking about;

March 28th - "Hello guys, I'm already working on the last scenes of this update..."

April 7th - "Hello guys, the other paths of the dream are ready, now we will work on assembling everything in the game, adding details and sounds..."

April 27th - "This week I return to work to finish the update and deliver it as soon as possible..."

May 19th - "Hello guys, I'm putting together the new scenes of the game..." (pretty much identical to April 7th)

June 22nd - "apologies for the long silence on our part, rest assured we are still committed to our game..."

Today - "Des is currently working on the renders for one of the final scenes..." (4 months later, working on the final scenes again)

Do you see what I'm talking about? Add to that what you've been saying and suddenly things are looking rather....questionable.

Last edited:

Waahnubis

May 16, 2022
*sigh

You don't need to show me the timeline, I'm very well aware of this... (and no I don't like it). I also know how this looks like - having been in similar positions on the "other side" on various occasions. So peace guys. :coffee:

And I tried not to paint it too black and white - apparently with only partial success. ;)

When I point out that I don't feel the need to justify everything, please keep in mind that "everything" could also personal circumstances that I will not necessarily disclose. And please don't interpret anything into this - just providing a bit more context.

Yes, we said in March we are close to release - then, as we mentioned, our animators real live circumstances changed significantly in April. Our timeline (and communication as I already admitted) fell "a bit" apart after that.

Now it's picking up the pieces and getting back on track - and to be quite honest I expect the full range of emotions when we release the update.
Some will be happy that we are still here, some will complain that it is too short for the wait (whatever that will mean) and some will complain that the weather is bad.... :ROFLMAO:

Anyway - in my view we need to get the update out and show that we indeed are still there - else we will go around in circles.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
*sigh

You don't need to show me the timeline, I'm very well aware of this... (and no I don't like it). I also know how this looks like - having been in similar positions on the "other side" on various occasions. So peace guys. :coffee:

And I tried not to paint it too black and white - apparently with only partial success. ;)

When I point out that I don't feel the need to justify everything, please keep in mind that "everything" could also personal circumstances that I will not necessarily disclose. And please don't interpret anything into this - just providing a bit more context.

Yes, we said in March we are close to release - then, as we mentioned, our animators real live circumstances changed significantly in April. Our timeline (and communication as I already admitted) fell "a bit" apart after that.

Now it's picking up the pieces and getting back on track - and to be quite honest I expect the full range of emotions when we release the update.
Some will be happy that we are still here, some will complain that it is too short for the wait (whatever that will mean) and some will complain that the weather is bad.... :ROFLMAO:

Anyway - in my view we need to get the update out and show that we indeed are still there - else we will go around in circles.
That's the kind of answer I find more pleasing than a couple new renders. :p

Reactions: Icekatana

SexyShelly

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2023
*sigh

Well, I for one want to say, respect Waahnubis I am more than happy to wait until you'll are ready to release it, no matter how long it takes, hell, Lara is worth waiting for, is she not? :giggle:

4.00 star(s) 26 Votes