4.30 star(s) 10 Votes

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
It might be due to the title being transfered from Unreal but you could use a few transition placements.. or time cards that make the reader aware that time has passed.. the Qi test with serena jumps a couple of weeks and its as if its still part of the same time period.. Again.. Not a massive issue but in the interest of the title being better this might help.. sound effects too lol.. a few times the scene hinted that a noise should have alerted someone but you just click on through without really noticing

Reactions: Juerhullycin

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
so I noticed a few grammatical errors and wasn't sure if this was translated from another language or if dev rushed through without proofreading it. hopefully, dev goes back and fixes grammar

Reactions: 666billy666

DuskDuck

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2023
Yeah, I'm not sure what they meant by saying you can skip it in the ren'py version, because you can't. Still playing at the moment, but the first sex scene is a lesbian scene in a hot tub, and you can't skip it or avoid it. You're forced to be a voyeur and watch it.

So, either they are lying, or they forgot to make it skippable/avoidable.
Maybe I was too rushed. This version is lacking a lot of my intended content: choices, music, sound effects, and even some video are missing. I am currently working on a fixed/improved version.

Reactions: ryansFLYIN

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
looks interesting.

does the mc have a full sex scene yet or we gotta wait?

the tags are lacking a bit for me to start the game.

Liam the Handyman

Jan 24, 2021
Addressing the elephant in the room, the first 60 seconds there was a moment of "is this an eternum clone" cos there was a blindfold chick which totally gave the eternum vibe...

5 mins in i can safely and honestly say its not and it reads like a xianxia novel... which is a great thing as i enjoy reading such novels

This here has the potential to be a very badass xianxia/cultivation avn out of those i have seen so far tbh.

1711427410923.png

Last edited:

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Addressing the elephant in the room, the first 60 seconds there was a moment of "is this an eternum clone" cos there was a blindfold chick which totally gave the eternum vibe...
That's because the aesthetic used for Idriel in Eternum is borrowed from significantly older sources than Caribdis' imagination (which is normal! I am not criticizing Caribdis at all, this is how one uses recognizable aesthetic tropes to convey certain narrative and subtextual traits). This game just takes inspiration from those same older sources.

Other examples of similar aesthetics (the blindfolded or masked woman) off the top of my head: Auge in Stray Incubus, Enna and Deaconess Volmer in Children Covenant of Morn, and so on.

Whenever there's something popular that uses a less-common trope (whether aesthetic or narrative), people start thinking anything else that uses that trope is derivative of that popular source because they are unaware of the older tropes the popular thing is referencing. I've seen it time and time again.

Liam the Handyman

Jan 24, 2021
That's because the aesthetic used for Idriel in Eternum is borrowed from significantly older sources than Caribdis' imagination (which is normal! I am not criticizing Caribdis at all, this is how one uses recognizable aesthetic tropes to convey certain narrative and subtextual traits). This game just takes inspiration from those same older sources.

Other examples of similar aesthetics (the blindfolded or masked woman) off the top of my head: Auge in Stray Incubus, Enna and Deaconess Volmer in Children Covenant of Morn, and so on.

Whenever there's something popular that uses a less-common trope (whether aesthetic or narrative), people start thinking anything else that uses that trope is derivative of that popular source because they are unaware of the older tropes the popular thing is referencing. I've seen it time and time again.
It goes a little beyond that cos eternum is like one of the most well known HS avn so its inevitably that peeps will draw such erroneous conclusions, which is a feather in cari's cap given thats how impactful eternum had become.

Nevertheless, Cross Realms is obviously its own thing and in a good way. Looking forward to next update! Flying swords when? Lol

Reactions: Zemax and Lord Grim

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Cross Realms [v0.1.1] [DuskDuck]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- - -

Mac:
- - -

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
Maybe I was too rushed. This version is lacking a lot of my intended content: choices, music, sound effects, and even some video are missing. I am currently working on a fixed/improved version.
will the scen once the fixed version is out only be skippable or fully avoidable?

Reactions: battali0n

MichealBotis

Jun 24, 2019
Off topic from the game a bit sorry, but a troubleshooting question. I don't think it's specifically related to this game, as I've had a similar issue with other ren'py games but also have been able to run some ren'py games just fine - when I try to launch this game a gray boxes opens, immediately closes, and then the windows explorer box I tried to open it from freezes completely. Couldn't find any similar instances by searching, so I figured I'd ask here. Thought it might be the graphics card but tried flipping it to the integrated gpu and had the same result. Any ideas why this is happening or how to fix it? Hoping to be able to give this game a shot, seems neat.

abirvg

Sep 13, 2021
Soo - from Changelog it's hard to tell - but is the ren'py version 121 images long, or 2240..?

Daddy-S

Aug 27, 2022
I read the thread and saw dev tell everyone lesbian would be avoidable with renpy version so I didnt play till now. Big fail, seems most the girls are lesbian and the sex scene's so far are all forced. Dev, dont bother with the excuses just realize your lies dont help you any, better be honest than get people involved by lies.

Every second scene is one of the girls touching, looking at, resting on or commenting about the others breasts, how soft and how cute so cliche that I dont think I have ever rolled my eyes so much in such a short time. Even if dev makes the lesbian scene's avoidable the girls will still all come off as lesbians without rewriting half the story.

So if your not into it stay away and dont fall for dev's lies.

DuskDuck

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2023
I've seen a lot of feedback regarding the lesbian tag.Just to be clear for everyone, the girls in my game are not in love with other girls. The lesbian interactions are just playful moments. They will only have feelings for the main character.

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
I've seen a lot of feedback regarding the lesbian tag.Just to be clear for everyone, the girls in my game are not in love with other girls. The lesbian interactions are just playful moments. They will only have feelings for the main character.
If they flirt with one another and give off lesbian vibes then the lesbian crap is unavoidable. Good luck with your VN. I'll pass on it.

Toxie.kiddo

May 27, 2023
If they flirt with one another and give off lesbian vibes then the lesbian crap is unavoidable. Good luck with your VN. I'll pass on it.
just like u man i dont like forced les scene either, apart frm the unavoidable lesbian scene and unavoidable handjob scene the story is pretty good just give it a chance u might like it ( and maybe avoid the lesbo couple just like me ;)) :)

4.30 star(s) 10 Votes