sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
So long as he's still communicating, I don't see what the issue is. It's only been maybe a week since the last message.
Ah, alright, so it doesn't matter that he's 6 months behind schedule and most months see no release whatsoever but are billed in full nonetheless, because at least he remembers to remind everyone that he's totally working really hard and the next update is right around the corner, honest!

This is a labor of love, not profit.
I legitimately laughed out loud at this. Yeah, fuck that. A "labor of love" is something you put all the time and effort you can into (which is clearly not happening here), not something you're perfectly content to keep charging people money for unfulfilled promises from half a year before on.

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
If it upsets you this much, send him a message voicing your feelings. I'm sure he'd be willing to listen to one of his top patreon donors, which you clearly must be. In fact, you should just go all out and commission the rest of the project, ask him what that would set you back. When you do so, make sure you get a timetable and hold him accountable to it. Get a lawyer involved if need be.
If someone goes to a restaurant, orders a meal, and it takes the staff four hours to bring their food out and when they do it's only a quarter of what they actually ordered, are they not allowed to complain about how utterly shit the restaurant is unless they buy out the business first? Is that seriously how you think...?

Because that's exactly what's happening here: people are getting a fraction of what they're told they're paying for, long after they were told they would get it.

EDIT: Also, it's cute that you think a message would even be read. Dude doesn't even bother paying attention to his own discord server anymore

WoodyGB

May 5, 2017
If someone goes to a restaurant, orders a meal, and it takes the staff four hours to bring their food out and when they do it's only a quarter of what they actually ordered, are they not allowed to complain about how utterly shit the restaurant is unless they buy out the business first? Is that seriously how you think...?

Because that's exactly what's happening here: people are getting a fraction of what they're told they're paying for, long after they were told they would get it.

EDIT: Also, it's cute that you think a message would even be read. Dude doesn't even bother paying attention to his own discord server anymore
Let's take your restaurant analogy ...
The food and service is crap ,you have tried complaining and it is getting you nowhere ... I'd simply not visit this restaurant anymore until the menu and service improves.
Note:- It's entirely possible that it may never meet your expectations .

Anyone that currently supports Monty ... or any other game developer .. have the option to show their displeasure by rescinding their patronage .

Reactions: Dreadnot

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
We don't need to keep discussing if a developer is a farmer milking cattle or not.
You're all entitled to your own opinions and how you handle your money.
Let's agree to disagree and be civil about about it.

Reactions: WoodyGB
D

Deleted member 684837

We don't need to keep discussing if a developer is a farmer milking cattle or not.
You're all entitled to your own opinions and how you handle your money.
Let's agree to disagree and be civil about about it.
The whole agree to disagree is just one person's way of stifling dissent its a cheap trick not a respectful or even intelligent pronouncement; I know its a cuck simulator but you dont actually have to let monty cuck you XD
- everyone unsubscribe this project has been dying and now its dead

Reactions: plrdls and kile
May 29, 2018
Does anyone have a recent guide/walkthrough or something to show the consquences of every choice?

Also wish there was a "back" button, like page up usually does for games like this

Cybernetics

Jun 18, 2018
Probably, since the timestamp is from yesterday. All these complainers and neggers here with the moral high ground on patreon ethics are gonna miss out, because their conscience and integrity will prevent them from clicking the free download.
:closedeyesmile:XDx'D I can't... even... lol :FuckYea:

Do we have a post of the month award? This wo/man certainly deserves a nomination for this one. :FeelsGoodMan:

New post from monty : Update drops thursday
Thank you for the update. Hopefully it is more than 50 renders. Guess we'll find out soon! :eazyHype::eazyHype::eazyHype:

Cybernetics

Jun 18, 2018
Is that what a typical update normally is? I never kept track
No, not normally. It really depends on the developer, but most are 100+ on an update unless the dev went back and made major changes to the code of a game. I've only played one version of this game so far. I typically skip an update or two before returning to a game because that just gives me more content to play through. There are some games I'll play every update though, but those are much fewer than the ones I play every other update or so.

I only used that as a "let's hope" statement. It's been a long time since this was updated, so we'll hopefully see much more than that. But, you never know until it's actually released, so let's sit back and wait to see what we get. :cool:

Reactions: mistkae

LbM-93

Mar 10, 2018
Can you post the message Monty wrote on Patreon? I'm not a subscriber so i can only see "it's been a ride".

3.30 star(s) 19 Votes