Ren'Py - Completed - Cure My Addiction [Ch.5 Ep.1 C] [TheGary]

1. 2.00 star(s)

babadunde

Sandbox renpy games. Tldr the creator wants to drag a 20 min-content into a 1-hour grind for the player. Whoever decided it was a good idea is wrong because you just completed ruined a good game. Oh well, at least the renders look nice.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Draakaap23

Grindy as hell, repetitive as hell, but dressed up in nice renders at least.
    There is hardly any story, characters look nice but have little depth or personality.
    If you want to randomly click a lot on the same, repetitive texts/scenes or having to follow the build-in manual/walk through, then this might be for you. Go ahead and be a horny hamster in a running wheel I guess.
  3. F
    5.00 star(s)

Fariel228

This game is in my top 3 favorite 3dcg games.
    What I love the most in this game is that you can spank the girls and the graphics(probably the best graphics in whole 3dcg section). Like seriously, I don't understand when you have an ultra sexy girl, but the mc can't even give her a slap on butt (bruh). although this game can have a bit less punishments, but make them more unique (I mean in different situations and plot, too much spanking males it less exciting). Although its always better to have more than less. In a nutshell, 5 star and must play
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1957140

Time for an honest review: I have played all the chapters so here we go.

First of all the renders are amazing. I love how the characters look. None of them have out of proportion body. Emily is my favorite, just an amazing natural body created by Dev. Also love her skin tone and red hair.

Now the story and progression. I'll do it by chapters.

The first one was an okay start. I didn't quite like the gameplay because I had to be at a specific spot at specific time and even then there was RNG and the event might not trigger but overall it was manageable. I liked the story with the introduction of ex-gf and overall it got really good at the end during the Island events. 3.5/5

The 2nd chapter was more of the same with no new characters but it was still enjoyable. The gameplay had improved specially in the UI department and things were better explained on how to trigger certain events. In first chapter things didn't advance much with some characters, here that was remedied. I loved the Rachel(Aunt) contents. She's super hot. Overall I liked it more than the first. 4/5

Now to the 3rd and current chapter. At the beginning I was enjoying it a lot. I was excited to discover Charlotte. Good job on her creation. Very nice model. But that was the only high point for me. Things got pretty stale, boring and repetitive beyond that. Things that didn't annoy me too much in previous chapters, started to become bothersome here. First of all there are chores, tests, study hours that's only there as filler and to throttle progress. Then there's the fact of managing Amy(ex). If that wasn't enough, now there's work when not on Yatch. You have to click work button literally 100 times or more to see new event scenes with a new character Sophie.

The mc has turned into a giant dick. Spanking was a part of the game at start. But now mc spanks every single person just because. But my biggest gripe is elsewhere. The game started with one nympho Bi(Linda) and one potential Bi(Emily). There was also Rachel-Susan Lesbian action but that was very secretive and exclusive. But now every single female in game is Bisexual. It's just to milk the existing characters further to squeeze contents out of them. I'm sure in future Rachel will be sleeping with her daughters. I know even Dev sees this as a problem and that's why new characters are being introduced.

Right now I've lost my interest. If it were a completely different game with those new characters and a different story and not this grindy rng gameplay; I would have kept playing. I'm not interested in Susan content. New characters are way too late to be exciting if you are playing this game from start. But honestly the gameplay is not enjoyable anymore after all this time. Entire mechanics is designed only to slow things down and drip feed content after hundreds of clicks. I'm tired of that so I quit.

I still wish luck to the Dev as I enjoyed the game at one point very much. It has lots of good qualities. I would have liked to see an exclusive straight Romance path with Emily(yes I love her) as it was hinted at one point in the game but never got beyond that; what a shame. Overall 3/5.

P.S. Start a new game already and get rid of this ridiculous gameplay mechanics.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Mishalove

Renders 5/5 great quality
    Story 4/5 tone of contents in diffent places (Yacht, Island, Company)
    Characters 5/5 Various charming characters.
    Animation 4/5 smooth and good but short of animated scene.
    Overall 4.5/5
    Great game. a little difficult without the walkthrough. but it worth 5 star I think.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Alfre4u

I did not give this a fair chance I know it suppose to get better (never got far even into chapter 1),
    but it was not my thing from get go really (often times I get pass that though).

But fake choices more so in game with chapters (how the transition is handled), is just a massive massive no no just make it a kinect novel.

and the traveling around and time etc... that are pointlessily added to just drag it out just yuck hate when a game does that unless the game has tons of actual choice it just not good. (know the grind bits and what not get better and even removed after Ch. 1)

1.9^2 it works and looks fine and if you into spanking receiving/giving/bullying+tricking gals into getting then this is totally for you.

*(Side note I am harder to please and more realistic in ratings this is below average from things I have played so therefore below 3 --> unless you into the spanking + punishment both forced and actual bit as said then maybe average).
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Lamphead

This is a 5 star review but I'll just first mention why some may perceive this game to be average or worse: It's a little bit grinding due to the need to 'level up' scenes and thus unavoidable repetition, the day/night sleep cycle, the need to strategize how to unlock the next development, etc...If you want nothing more than quick story setups to A+++ renders this is not that.

What this is is the most comprehensive corruption game I have ever played. This game is an examination of power hierarchies and sex and it blows any other game doing so out of the water. Without giving anything away, even just through the first 2 chapters every character will experience what it's like to use and be used and there's actually a coherent story (as coherent as a sex game allows) behind these developments as some characters rise in power over others while others fall.

Many tropes that serious games will pursue in developing characters are: loss of innocence, loss of virginity, the taboo nature of incest. This game subverts the corruption and "family all in a house or boat" idea by doing away with nearly all reference to this. Everyone on the boat is empowered with a purpose: everyone wants power or pleasure or something and sex is the currency with which everything runs. It's plausible and this is the strongest asset of the game, the writing, excellent characters, and the many many story arcs over even just the first 2 chapters that weave this narrative. There's more material in the first 2 chapters than most other games.

Just to round out, the renders are good to very good but I wouldn't claim it's the best. Especially in the later work, image quality improves and certainly the context of the writing is used perfectly in tandem with the images. The QUANTITY of content in terms of images is top of the line, there is such a vast examination of fetishes and situations between characters that you won't be bored of looking.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

maxdylan123

This is one of the best games out there, it caters for a wide variety of kinks and fetishes like BDSM, Anal, Milf, Incest, Domination and much more. The story is so intricate and it builds up and up with loads of new content. All the different characters actually maintain a set personality that makes this an amazing game that's worth the grind.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

BobN290

I'd give this 5 stars if it didn't have so much discipline (spanking) in it. If the renders weren't as hot as they are, I'd be giving it a 1. The story is OK, but just too much spanking that goes on for too long.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Lukumoide

It's a fantastic game with breathtaking graphics, very good story and we will have a lot more friends with it. Although I am not a fan of punishment, the game has enchanted me. I've been supporting TheGary for a year now, in that time the game has become better and better. Because many people had problems to finish all events TheGary has added excellent trackers. When this happened I was sure that nobody will have problems to finish every update. I even asked if it wouldn't be too easy? That's why I always play without the tracker, because with a tracker, in my eyes, a lot of fun is lost. To make it a little bit more difficult TheGary adds hidden events that don't need to be unlocked. So that everyone can finish the update. For the future, I personally would have wished that every update would have at least one hidden event. Otherwise I am happy. Therefore, there is no other possibility than to give 5 stars.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

saucepan35

This is one of only a small handful of games where I wish I could give an extra star, because it's just that good. 6/5.

The game has a smoking cast catering to different roles and kinks (the GFE, the kinky submissive minx, the bitch, the milf, the dominatrix, the slutty doctor). Amazing renders and locations as well. There's a truly impressive amount of content: Each of episode 1 and 2 could easily be a stand-alone game on its own, and I had days of fun trying to find all the scenes. Ep3 is still mostly a preview of things to come right now, but it's looking great too, and I can't wait for more.

There's a bit of femdom content with the Susan character, so be aware of that if you're in the category that hates it (Edit: Actually I forgot the game lets you turn it off if you don't want it). I personally welcomed the occasional break from the old MC-builds-a-harem story though, and would have loved to see more along the femdom path.

Finally, I need to mention the excellent in-game journal and progress tracker that both lets you stay on top of what you're missing, and how to get there. You generally will not need a walk-through as the hints it gives you are sufficient in most cases. I wish every game would do this.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

IndoHawk

One of the best adult games out there. The sex scenes are great and interesting and render quality is awesome. And the updates are also frequent. One of my favourite game is CMC. There are all kinds of fantasies you want in a adult visual novel. I love the character designs and how the story is progressing. I love how TheGary is bringing new stuffs every month. I just don't want ta game to end. I want these characters to experience more and some more sex from there characters.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

dbp5ca

So finally got around to playing this and I am kicking myself for waiting so long. This game, quite simply, is amazing. The graphics are excellent both in terms of models and atmospherics. The women are very hot (especially the MILF) and the sex scenes are frequent and repeatable (for the most part). As mentioned, the graphics are extremely good as are the animations used. While not quite as seamless as some games they are very high quality, usually incorporating a number of angles of view.

The story is interesting and while incest based it, thankfully, is very different from the usual mom and two daughters which the son is trying to corrupt. The setting, the yacht, is an interesting choice and quite appropriate to the story. There is a bit of grinding but not that much as most of the "quests" seem to be fairly logical sequences and not heavily dependent on stats unlike some other games. There is a use of variety in settings, with the short island "vacation".

I look forward to Chapter 3 to see how this story will finish.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

VinnyB

Alright, this is my first review, I'm usually more of a lurker, but I thought this game deserved something said about it.

DISCLAIMER(S):
    • I don't know the creator, any member of his team (if he/she/they have one) and am not a supporter/follower on any site or platform.
    • IRL and in my fantasies, any form of domination/abuse/violence toward me even in the slightest form would illicit an intense if not violent rejection. (information given for context)
    • I played version v0.11.1 with MC spanking & FemDom disabled.​
    Since I've hinted at it already let's start with Sexual content / Kinks :
    If you can't stomach or are turned off by spankings or other forms of disciplinary punishments (though it never sinks to the extremes) then don't play the game. The mechanics and the story relies heavily upon those.
    Otherwise, even if it's not your cup of tea but can "suffer" it, the game has a good variety of sexual content to offer, from the vanilla to some more advance kinks. The various characters offer different type of relationship with the MC (from the "leading sub" to the "prickly but needy princess" and the "sex addict") so everyone can have their favorite(s). You WILL have to see a minimum of content with every character in order to advance the story along but a good amount can be avoided or at least not repeated.
    There is also a separate toggle for FemDom content and receiving spankings as the MC that cut very little off the content (and has an in-game explanation), though depending on your playstyle/planning skills it seems those can be mostly avoided, so it seem to work as a safety net against "boner-killer" moments or to prevent completionist from going nuts over those last percents.

Gameplay / Game mechanics :
    This actually is a game, not a visual novel with some minigames thrown in, working like a "dating-sim": you have several locations you can navigate between from the early hours of the day to late at night, meeting characters or triggering events, while tracking some stats. This makes the first portion of the game sometimes a little grindy (especially if you are like me and don't want to multiquest while hunting RNG triggers) but ,and it is somewhat cleverly explained and made light of in the game, the system changes and gets more streamlined halfway through (at the time of this writing).
    You have the option to replay in the first part once you clear its main storyline with added "cheats" so one can power through and get all that was missed later and easier.
    With a few logical exceptions, there is no time limit, you are in an infinitly repeating week so you can your time if you need/want to get every event in a variety of order. (content that get locked out because of the story can be "dreamt about" in-game)
    The UI is good, including in-game event/quest tracker and hint system.
    Most (and later all) navigation and choice buttons are all in the lower portion of the game screen, meaning no waving the mouse around all over to click this door or that character as the screens change.
    It avoids the "big ultra wide centered choicebuttons" so common in Ren'Py games so that overly enthusiastic clickers don't have to reload because they didn't even saw the choices they made in the middle of a convo/scene they skimmed through.

Graphics / Renderers :
    Overall, very nice high quality renderers, both for backgrounds and characters.
    There is a step-up in quality when the first part of the game is done along with gameplay rework.
    The setting changes from the usual bland, expensive looking apartments/houses with sparse modern furniture that you see reused (without any in-game justification as to why everyone lives in a designer house) seen so often in a lot of games. It is still very expensive looking but with variety and looks like the actual real life thing, and it has a justification.
    There are some animations, from the 2-3 repeating frames to more "video-like" ones that are very nicely done.

Characters :
    The MC is personable, not too memorable but not an empty shell either, which is perhaps the perfect mixture to be able to tell a story (this is not a sandbox game) and to be able to detach oneself as the player when we don't agree or don't project into what is happening.
    He is realistically designed, not looking "so-awesome-it-ends-up-bad" or "with-soooo-many-muscles-where-are-my-'roids-?" that can be seen often. He has a realistic big penis, not a third leg, not a weirdly colored one (that end up looking sickly), just a big shlong, emphasis on the "long".
    The women are all gorgeously designed and all distinct, with a look going well with their different personality. I have my favorites according to my tastes but they are all very well done and all have something to like. I would wish for more (meaning there is already some) diversity of the ethnic kind, but they are all well differentiated, and this is a "huis clos", the cast is voluntarily kept in low numbers, and I'll take quality over quantity any day.
    The design of Rachel sometimes gives her a serious case of "cat/snake's eyes", but it's not too distracting, some might even find it appealing.

Story / Writing :
    This is actual English, putting aside the few typos, and I never found anything cringe-worthy.
    There is an real effort to avoid "hand waving", everything makes sense and often gets explained, nothing seem to happen "just 'cause". That's appreciable because the suspension of disbelief never get too strained allowing the player to stay in the story and makes for a better experience.
    The story seem to flow rather smoothly as an understandable (predictable?) consequence of the characters involved, so no big giant twists, but no staring at your screen thinking "WTF? that's bullsh**!" or "what the hell just happened? Makes no sense!".

Conclusion :
    This is a very good game already as it is, with lots of content, likable and lickable characters, definitly one I recommend if you can handle (or paddle) the hanky spankings.
    One to play and follow. I won't say support because I am not at this moment and that would seem hypocritical, but of all the games I've tried on this site, it has earned one of the top spots on my "support wish-list".

Nota Bene : It's a long review, I know and I don't care.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

lampbruh

Best game I've played so far! It is kinda hard without a walkthrough, but the scenes with Emily and Rachel more than make up for it.
    Season 1 is pretty good, but starting from the island the game becomes a lot more exciting and quite a bit easier as well (which is good).
  16. P
    5.00 star(s)

parico65

One of the best games on F95. It's updated regularly. The renders are top notch. The story is entertaining and rather humorous at times. There are rarely any bugs. The few bugs are not game breaking. As of now it will take you a solid 8+hours to play it, so there's a lot here. A small con is that it some quests can be grindy and there's a rng element to deal with. Overall it's a solid game with lots of Fap material.
  17. 2.00 star(s)

DarrenH

A grindy repetitious clickfest. Totally kills any enjoyment in following the story or characters and the scenes you get are hot but not reward enough for the labor.

The renders are hot but that is about its only redeeming quality.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Andrash

Review based on v0.10.3
    This game is a perfect blend between a VN and sandbox. The grind is well balanced with rewarding cinematic renders and kinky scenes. It has a lot more playtime than many 'already finished' games I've played. I enjoy BDSM (specifically the Maledom & Lezdom stuff) but strictly avoid Femdom games but the dev actually provides an option to disable it without ruining the plot.

Our MC manages to be relevant and sometimes hilarious in his pervy quests, his relations with the other NPCs is something that got me hooked up through the game as you explore various other fetishes and in-game choices.
    Character development is awesome, you begin to like some and hate other NPCs as the plot unfolds. Amy's story arc has been awesome so far, I enjoyed every part of her slave training that's slowly turning her into an obedient servant. The punishment system is the best I've seen, they get harsher as you level up. Unfortunately, the only thing lacking in punishments is the 'Bondage' element which itself stands for the 'B' in BDSM. The D/S part is well implemented and there are some great pet-play scenes as well. In my opinion, combining 'Predicament Bondage' with spanking and corner time would be a huge step forward in leveling up the punishments, plenty of room for gags, cuffs, collars, etc...

The game has 2 chapters and both are equivalent to an individual title with their own perks like Chapter I, although a bit grindy but you get to spank Rachel twice ;) and Chapter II with improved UI and significantly better quality renders. The frequent updates are one of the best things about this game although I don't get to play it so frequently. The In-game walkthrough is the cherry on the top. I'm just so glad that CMA is not plagued by NTR yet.

If you're still thinking of giving it a try then straightaway go for it, the best game in the BDSM and spanking genre...
  19. 4.00 star(s)

splamo

I've been following this game for a while now and it's become one of my favorites. The girls are beautiful, the story is very original (no incest work arounds needed!) and there are lots of kinks to go around.

The biggest problem with this game is that it's just so damn hard to naturally move forward without a walkthrough. Take a look at the the discussion section after each update and it's 95% "how do I finish X?" or "how do I start Y?" There's a lot to the game and it can be confusing . I can see how the "gameplay" is not very intuitive to most people.

That being said, believe me when I say the juice is worth the squeeze. If you manage through it, the scenes are sexy and rewarding, the story is steamy, and there's lots to do.

The devs are responsive and as the game has gone on, have been good about making the game more manageable and easier while keeping the integrity of the game intact and I really appreciate that. It's not for everybody. There's a lot to take in, but if you're willing to put in the effort, it will reward you.
  20. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1575367

This game has great graphics and a decent method of advancing with each storyline. At times, it can feel like a grind and become a bit repetitive.

The beach is always the same once you move through the storylines for the girls that go. I am also fairly stuck on how to get the girlfriend that arrives on the boat, Amy, to actually have much to do with me.

Overall, a fun play and I would recommend it to kill some time.