ThL

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 9, 2018
So, old saves from ch3 won't work?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
They work for most people. But it seems some have a corrupted save. The problem could be in the ep3 version you got. There are some saves posted here if you don't want to go through the first 3 episodes again.

Reactions: Yuura

xolewadef

Jan 17, 2018
I completed all but two actions/events in Chapter 3: Naked in Living Room and Took Selfies. Short of starting a new game, how can these be completed after going through all the other actions?

ThL

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 9, 2018
I completed all but two actions/events in Chapter 3: Naked in Living Room and Took Selfies. Short of starting a new game, how can these be completed after going through all the other actions?
It's not possible so far. I'm not sure it will be possible in the coming releases, given the turn of the story

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Holy Jesus Big Brother Grind. How in the heck can y'all play this? This game has got to be the Heavy Weight Grand Champion of the Totally Unnecessary Grind.

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
I'm not sure if it's the save you attached or the game, but trying to change the MC name makes my game crash.
I don't recommend using the "fixed" saves at all, they were made with a newer RenPy version for whatever reason. I guess one of the unofficial compressed versions is responsible for this "incompatibility" and several things changed between those versions...
Also I'm not a fortune teller, if you still want to use this save (for whatever reason), you need to provide the method you used to change the name and also the error you get... ^^ (the traceback.txt is normally helpful in this case.)

Thanks for this. I'm playing on Windows 10. Not sure why the Renpy is off. I just grab the one posted here (compressed versions of games if available), but otherwise I'm not changing anything.
Thanks, so it could be one of the compressed versions, I guess you don't have the older versions you played still on your hdd?

Reactions: ThL

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
I don't recommend using the "fixed" saves at all, they were made with a newer RenPy version for whatever reason. I guess one of the unofficial compressed versions is responsible for this "incompatibility" and several things changed between those versions...
Also I'm not a fortune teller, if you still want to use this save (for whatever reason), you need to provide the method you used to change the name and also the error you get... ^^ (the traceback.txt is normally helpful in this case.)

Thanks, so it could be one of the compressed versions, I guess you don't have the older versions you played still on your hdd?
Yeah I have the previous version. I actually saved that save from that version when my initial save didn't work to see if maybe that one file was corrupted.

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
Yeah I have the previous version. I actually saved that save from that version when my initial save didn't work to see if maybe that one file was corrupted.
Could you check the script_version.txt in the game folder, if it's something else as (7, 1, 3)? Is it the compressed or the original version? (If you don't know, maybe the folder size gives a hint) Also maybe the exact version (for instance "C3-E3-c") could help...

Reactions: ThL

yurekapnj

Mar 14, 2018
Actually i can't play with my normal save because i have the version problem (look like both my "CureMyAddiction-C3-E3-c-pc" and my previous "CureMyAddiction-CHAPTER-3-E1-pc" were using Ren'py 7.3.5.606, god knows why. (if it can help, i'm usually always using compressed version when available).

So that's why i tried the fixed save you provided. And as far as changing the name is concerned, i used the in-game tool (Setting > Change Name), and that is the error i get :
(The error is saying : could not find label "livingroom", so i tried to change my name in different place (on the boat, in the appartment, etc. but i have the same error each time (of course, the "could not find label" is not the same)

But i guess i should just try to start once again the chapter 3, sounds like the best way to avoid errors.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 416, in execute_pause
    renpy.pause()
  File "renpy/common/00action_menu.rpy", line 103, in __call__
    renpy.call_in_new_context("_game_menu", *self.args, _game_menu_screen=screen, **self.kwargs)
ScriptError: could not find label 'livingroom'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts-office/locations/livingroom/livingroom.rpyc", line 3, in script
  File "E:\Games\Autres\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1861, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "E:\Games\Autres\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1849, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Games\Autres\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 203, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 416, in execute_pause
    renpy.pause()
  File "E:\Games\Autres\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1360, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "E:\Games\Autres\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Games\Autres\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Games\Autres\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3477, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "E:\Games\Autres\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "E:\Games\Autres\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "E:\Games\Autres\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 697, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "E:\Games\Autres\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "E:\Games\Autres\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 910, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "E:\Games\Autres\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 845, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "E:\Games\Autres\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 308, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Games\Autres\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 315, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_menu.rpy", line 103, in __call__
    renpy.call_in_new_context("_game_menu", *self.args, _game_menu_screen=screen, **self.kwargs)
  File "E:\Games\Autres\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\renpy\game.py", line 333, in call_in_new_context
    return renpy.execution.run_context(False)
  File "E:\Games\Autres\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 876, in run_context
    context.run()
  File "scripts-core/characters/_init_npcs.rpyc", line 20, in script
  File "E:\Games\Autres\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\CureMyAddiction-C3-E4-d-pc\renpy\script.py", line 875, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'livingroom'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Cure My Addiction C3-E4-d
Fri Mar 20 12:32:32 2020

ThL

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 9, 2018
Holy Jesus Big Brother Grind. How in the heck can y'all play this? This game has got to be the Heavy Weight Grand Champion of the Totally Unnecessary Grind.
If there is too much grind for you in Chapter 1 jump to Chapter 2. There is no more grind. But it's still a game, not a VN

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
If there is too much grind for you in Chapter 1 jump to Chapter 2. There is no more grind. But it's still a game, not a VN
I actually enjoy the storyline, its just so many of the prerequisites are random that it feels like I'm running in circles to accomplish nothing. A constant save, try the event, load because the random event didn't pop, retry the event, load because it didn't pop this time either, rinse & repeat.

ThL

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 9, 2018
I actually enjoy the storyline, its just so many of the prerequisites are random that it feels like I'm running in circles to accomplish nothing. A constant save, try the event, load because the random event didn't pop, retry the event, load because it didn't pop this time either, rinse & repeat.
Use the walkthrough to keep the grind to minimum ;)

ThL

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 9, 2018
I see, the star didn't lit although you've obvioulsy gone to the next step because the 4th one is lit. Sorry, can't help with that. Simplest way would be to edit the save, but that's above my modest skills.

Nov 27, 2018
I see, the star didn't lit although you've obvioulsy gone to the next step because the 4th one is lit. Sorry, can't help with that. Simplest way would be to edit the save, but that's above my modest skills.
Then I have to start it from the beginning...

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
Could you check the script_version.txt in the game folder, if it's something else as (7, 1, 3)? Is it the compressed or the original version? (If you don't know, maybe the folder size gives a hint) Also maybe the exact version (for instance "C3-E3-c") could help...
In the new download it is (7, 1, 3). I can't check the previous version since I can't seem to find it now (guess I deleted it after making new saves). I'm pretty certain it was the compressed version.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
It seems like the compressed version is having trouble seeing the save for the original version of the game.

3.80 star(s) 124 Votes