RPGM Cursed Armor II [v5.90] [Wolfzq]

3.00 star(s) 13 Votes

Badaxe93

Jan 18, 2018
Oh dear, one can wonder if wolfzq hasn't gone utterly insane at this point. Not just serving blatant lies, the current actions of literal content hostaging the game is an incredible insult to the already actually paying supporters.

Considering the frustrations this behaviour brings, I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to support the game...
No you didn't understand. He's not hostaging anything he just say that the content he's doing isn't cheap and if you like the game consider to support it

Badaxe93

Jan 18, 2018
Again you're wrong. The translators are working hard. Wolfzq will not left untranslated content, he will not get any benefit from that. And for the more stuff he add when the game is finished he mean sidequest and additional content.

Nouvi

Jul 24, 2018
Again you're wrong. The translators are working hard. Wolfzq will not left untranslated content, he will not get any benefit from that. And for the more stuff he add when the game is finished he mean sidequest and additional content.
Whew... so. You're saying he left an advertisement that got molested by MTL, and then rather ambiguously clarified in a way that might be erroneously interpreted that the section that message was left in could be left untranslated for a long time?

...alright, I'll admit my mistake in jumping to conclusions this time, sorry.
...I'm still miffed though, over the fact he went back and added DRM to the first game when he explicitly said his finished games would not have DRM anymore. Would have liked to pick up latest patch for CA1, but absolutely zero interest in dealing with even more logins to keep track of.

Last edited:

D4isuke

Jun 2, 2019
Well to clarify, he’s not asking for TRIPLE AMOUNT OF SUPPORTERS, he’s just dictate the supporting rewards when it will reach to 3000. Again whether you support him or not, it’s your choice, but if you want to make it better, then it might be better to support him. It’s simple as that.

In regards to translation, even some little bit of mistaken translations, I can still comprehend what they’re trying to talk about. So it depends to your own reading comprehension.

AnonZX

Jan 20, 2019
I've been trying to get it to work without using the .exe on Linux using only the browser, got it to play through the intro but then it just goes black when you exit the room the first day, anyone know if the current version of the game works (v1.6), or am I doing something wrong.

Also when I install the Cheat_Menu plugin the debug menu is blank using the .exe on Windows, same happens when you run it in the browser and try to open the web console, but then it seems to crash the entire game. Anyone else having trouble, I might try using an older version later to test this.

If there is a way to get it running through wine I'd appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction.

On a side note I've been going through the code, but did anyone find a way to decrypt the patreon images, I can only decrypt the normal images, though there seems to be something going on in the Z_Wolfzq_Help.js file, it would be nice if I could edit them like in CA 1 and maybe if theres a better place to ask these type of questions?

Edit:
I think I found a way to extract most of the images, now I only need to find a way to re-encrypt them so that they can work in game, still have to do some testing. (if someone might be interested in decrypting their image files to edit, I'm thinking of explaining it when I find a way to edit the images and have them work in game).

Edit 2:
I'm starting to hate this guy, the more time I try to get my images to work the more stuff I find breaking, I think I get what he meant by the traps, but all I want to do is add my own images to the game and he is making it nearly impossible to edit anything without the game breaking, at this point it might even be easier to just take the decrypted assets and make the game from scratch and hoping there isn't anything in there that could break. This was really easy to do with Cursed Armor 1 and that is why I joined his patreon, and it seems like he went and did the same to Cursed Armor 1, now I don't think it's worth it anymore.
I came here hoping to find someone with the patience and skills to get a version without DRM, but it seems like the game here has the same problems I'm having.

For those who have trouble running the game on Linux, for me I found the best option to buy RPG maker MV from steam and copy over the files in the WWW folder to a new project and run it from there, the login and everything seems to work fine as long as you don't mess with the files too much, with the added bonus of the debug menu being available and the web console working correctly without Cheat_Menu.js.

Edit 3:
Ok, I hate wolfzq.
It seems like he used something like javasrcipt-obfuscator from obfuscator.io on the Z_Wolfzq_Help.js, which makes the code a mess, can give false positives to antivirus programs as well as breaking everything when something in the file is changed and disables anything in the console, for example console.log() functions and stops the game when the debug menu is opened so it stops you from editing any variables in the console which is basically the only way I played the game. Thought this info might be useful for anyone having the same crashing problems and antivirus problems I had.

If there is a way to get rid of the obfuscation, I'd really like to know, since I really can't enjoy the game without the console commands. If I can't get rid of it or he makes this worse, I might really just redo as much of the game as I can from the decrypted assets, which might make it possible to run entirely in the browser without crashing.

Edit 4:
Putting this here since someone might have the patience to deobfuscate the js file. I found this (github.com/insoxin/sojson.v5) which gives a rudimentary explanation of whats going on in the file, and it even seems like there is some degree of source encryption going on relying on a key, possibly obtained from the login - not sure yet, which would make this really difficult to deobfuscate.

Edit 5:
I'm discovering some interesting javascript techniques by trying to deobfuscate this js file, the sojson obfuscation seems to use the javascript-obfuscator library with some added features, maintaining the difficulty of deobfuscation, I've found a few sites that can at least get it printed in a readable way but the regex functions seems to stop the file from loading if it detects spaces or newlines, mostly any tipe of formatting, this techniques seems to be prevalent on Chinese websites. One website that's capable of decoding the most so far is (jsjiemi.com/decode.html) and someone trying to analyze a similar js file I found here (nullablevoidptr.github.io/Mangago/). Now I'm really hoping to find a way to write a script which could deobfuscate similar files since it seems like this is a technique that might become more common in the future.

Edit 6:
Doesn't seem that bad after spending some time on the Z_Wolfzq_Help.js file, it seems like it adds some functions to Z_Wolfzq_Event.js and adds a function to Bitmap, all of which was rather easy to get after finding out which code was important, now I just have to see what I can remove without it breaking, especially the debug and console blocking. For those interested in breaking the login, the ip for requests are in the Z_Wolfzq_Event.js file so that's a starting point. Still wondering if this is all worth it just for editing events and images, still planning to explain or post a script if I get this working.

Edit 7:
Found a way to remove console.log() blocking and deobfuscated most of the functions, but there's a lot of functions just meant to make it harder to change so I'm working on removing those, seems like it doesn't check for file integrity which is nice and it seems a lot easier to understand than some of the other stuff obfuscated with sojson, probably because he didn't obfuscate the core engine functions (really grateful for this, otherwise changing variables with the console would be nearly impossible and would make me stop playing immediately), I'm not too mad at him anymore since it still might take a few weeks to get this to work, but not nearly as impossible as I thought it would be. Another thing I thought would work is decrypt all the assets and encrypt them using the same key, then I'd have to remove the second decryption method so it would only use one so that the images could be shown, since I only found the encryption method for the basic rpg maker encryption. So for now I'm only deobfuscating the Z_Wolfzq_Help.js to remove some of the nasty functions that stop me from using the web console and formatting the file, and maybe find a way to remove anything that could cause the game to break when I change something.

Edit 8:
For those who want to remove the game stopping when you open the web console, or the console being blank you can find and remove all the "debugger;" lines in Z_Wolfzq_Help.js but remember not to change anything else like adding newlines or tabs, mostly any type of formatting. I still need to learn how regular expressions work before I can try removing the format blocking.

Edit 9:
Z_Wolfzq_Help.js seems to handle almost all the events in the game such as saving, loading images and event switches, it also redefines some of the engine core functions such as decrypting images - which would explain why I had trouble rendering images for testing since the function is redefined and can only be called by a new function he uses in his own code. I'm still going through the file and might create a cleaner copy when I have time, creating a script to deobfuscate this might be troublesome since variables are reused with different values so you can't global replace everything so going through it manually seems like the easiest for now, maybe if someone has more experience with javascript, since I basically learned everything I know in about a week with some basic knowledge I had before which I used to edit variables in game through the console.

PS: still looking for a better place to ask questions on editing the game files?

Last edited:

Asbestosis

Mar 3, 2018
I've been trying to get it to work without using the .exe on Linux using only the browser, got it to play through the intro but then it just goes black when you exit the room the first day, anyone know if the current version of the game works (v1.6), or am I doing something wrong.

Also when I install the Cheat_Menu plugin the debug menu is blank using the .exe on Windows, same happens when you run it in the browser and try to open the web console, but then it seems to crash the entire game. Anyone else having trouble, I might try using an older version later to test this.

If there is a way to get it running through wine I'd appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction.

On a side note I've been going through the code, but did anyone find a way to decrypt the patreon images, I can only decrypt the normal images, though there seems to be something going on in the Z_Wolfzq_Help.js file, it would be nice if I could edit them like in CA 1 and maybe if theres a better place to ask these type of questions?

Edit:
I think I found a way to extract most of the images, now I only need to find a way to re-encrypt them so that they can work in game, still have to do some testing. (if someone might be interested in decrypting their image files to edit, I'm thinking of explaining it when I find a way to edit the images and have them work in game).

Edit 2:
I'm starting to hate this guy, the more time I try to get my images to work the more stuff I find breaking, I think I get what he meant by the traps, but all I want to do is add my own images to the game and he is making it nearly impossible to edit anything without the game breaking, at this point it might even be easier to just take the decrypted assets and make the game from scratch and hoping there isn't anything in there that could break. This was really easy to do with Cursed Armor 1 and that is why I joined his patreon, and it seems like he went and did the same to Cursed Armor 1, now I don't think it's worth it anymore.
I came here hoping to find someone with the patience and skills to get a version without DRM, but it seems like the game here has the same problems I'm having.

For those who have trouble running the game on Linux, for me I found the best option to buy RPG maker MV from steam and copy over the files in the WWW folder to a new project and run it from there, the login and everything seems to work fine as long as you don't mess with the files too much, with the added bonus of the debug menu being available and the web console working correctly without Cheat_Menu.js.

Edit 3:
Ok, I hate wolfzq.
It seems like he used something like javasrcipt-obfuscator from obfuscator.io on the Z_Wolfzq_Help.js, which makes the code a mess, can give false positives to antivirus programs as well as breaking everything when something in the file is changed and disables anything in the console, for example console.log() functions and stops the game when the debug menu is opened so it stops you from editing any variables in the console which is basically the only way I played the game. Thought this info might be useful for anyone having the same crashing problems and antivirus problems I had.

If there is a way to get rid of the obfuscation, I'd really like to know, since I really can't enjoy the game without the console commands. If I can't get rid of it or he makes this worse, I might really just redo as much of the game as I can from the decrypted assets, which might make it possible to run entirely in the browser without crashing.

Edit 4:
Putting this here since someone might have the patience to deobfuscate the js file. I found this (github.com/insoxin/sojson.v5) which gives a rudimentary explanation of whats going on in the file, and it even seems like there is some degree of source encryption going on relying on a key, possibly obtained from the login - not sure yet, which would make this really difficult to deobfuscate.

Edit 5:
I'm discovering some interesting javascript techniques by trying to deobfuscate this js file, the sojson obfuscation seems to use the javascript-obfuscator library with some added features, maintaining the difficulty of deobfuscation, i've found a few sites that can at least get it printed in a readable way but the regex functions seems to stop the file from loading if it detects spaces or newlines, mostly any tipe of formatting, this techniques seems to be prevalent on Chinese websites. One website that's capable of decoding the most so far is (jsjiemi.com/decode.html) and someone trying to analyze a similar js file I found here (nullablevoidptr.github.io/Mangago/). Now I'm really hoping to find a way to write a script which could deobfuscate similar files since it seems like this is a technique that might become more common in the future.

Edit 6:
Doesn't seem that bad after spending some time on the Z_Wolfzq_Help.js file, it seems like it adds some functions to Z_Wolfzq_Event.js and adds a function to Bitmap, all of which was rather easy to get after finding out which code was important, now I just have to see what I can remove without it breaking, especially the debug and console blocking. For those interested in breaking the login, the ip for requests are in the Z_Wolfzq_Event.js file so that's a starting point. Still wondering if this is all worth it just for editing events and images, still planning to explain or post a script if I get this working.

Edit 7:
Found a way to remove console.log() blocking and deobfuscated most of the functions, but theres a lot of functions just meant to make it harder to change so I'm working on removing those, seems like it doesn't check for file integrity which is nice and it seems a lot easier to understand than some of the other stuff obfuscated with sojson, probably because he didn't obfuscate the core engine functions (really grateful for this, otherwise changing variables with the console would be nearly impossible and would make me stop playing immediately), I'm not too mad at him anymore since it still might take a few weeks to get this to work, but not nearly as impossible as I thought it would be. Another thing I thought would work is decrypt all the assets and encrypt them using the same key, then I'd have to remove the second decryption method so it would only use one so that the images could be shown, since I only found the encryption method for the basic rpg maker encryption. So for now I'm only deobfuscating the Z_Wolfzq_Help.js to remove some of the nasty functions that stop me from using the web console and formatting the file, and maybe find a way to remove anything that could cause the game to break when I change something.

Edit 8:
For those who want to remove the game stopping when you open the web console, or the console being blank you can find and remove all the "debuger;" lines in Z_Wolfzq_Help.js but remember not to change anything else like adding newlines or tabs, mostly any type of farmatting. I still need to learn how regular expressions work before I can try removing the format blocking.

PS: still looking for a better place to ask questions on editing the game files?
If you haven't figured it out yet, this is a example of deobjuscated javascript

Also released v2.51 of cursed armor 1. https://f95zone.to/threads/cursed-armor-v2-01-wolfzq.1193/post-2633274

Last edited:

AnonZX

Jan 20, 2019
If you haven't figured it out yet, this is a example of deobjuscated javascript

Also released v2.51 of cursed armor 1. https://f95zone.to/threads/cursed-armor-v2-01-wolfzq.1193/post-2633274
Wow, thanks, missed the v2.51 version, would have saved me a lot of time, though I already deobfuscated the file by hand, though it's still not as clear as yours, but what did you use to get it (really interested in the script you used if there is one, but if you don't want to share it, it's fine), I'm not really good with anything beyond the basics of javascript and understanding already existing code.

Also it seems like your v2.51 runs fine if opening it from a normal web browser which helps if your not on windows, the normal v2.51 from wolfzq doesn't even want to open with rpg maker like CA 2 does and its encoded script is a lot shorter, though it seems you've already decoded it and using your script in the original seems to fix it crashing which is nice, I'd really appreciate it if theres a script to decode this stuff since all I'd like to do is edit the images and events.

I'll continue working on the CA 2 script for now, if you know of a better method to decode it and are willing to share, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:

Asbestosis

Mar 3, 2018
Wow, thanks, missed the v2.51 version, would have saved me a lot of time, though I already deobfuscated the file by hand, though it's still not as clear as yours, but what did you use to get it (really interested in the script you used if there is one, but if you don't want to share it, it's fine), I'm not really good with anything beyond the basics of javascript and understanding already existing code.

Also it seems like your v2.51 runs fine if opening it from a normal web browser which helps if your not on windows, the normal v2.51 from wolfzq doesn't even want to open with rpg maker like CA 2 does and its encoded script is a lot shorter, though it seems you've already decoded it and using your script in the original seems to fix it crashing which is nice, I'd really appreciate it if theres a script to decode this stuff since all I'd like to do is edit the images and events.

I'll continue working on the CA 2 script for now, if you know of a better method to decode it and are willing to share, I'd appreciate it.
I haven't made a script for it but its not manual either, I mostly use the chrome debugging function, placing breakpoints and running snippets of code lets you easily swap encrypted functions

AnonZX

Jan 20, 2019
I haven't made a script for it but its not manual either, I mostly use the chrome debugging function, placing breakpoints and running snippets of code lets you easily swap encrypted functions
Ok, I did write snippets of code to do some sort of global replacing and simplification, but I didn't know how to do everything at once, I think I might be able to write a script now after the decoding that does everything if I get the time, then I'll post it here, learning regular expressions seems to have been worth the time.

I wasted a lot of time on this so I don't know when I'll get time to work on this again, but I did find a way to let the game work with the decrypted assets, only had to disable the Bitmap.hasEncryptedImages flag in the help.js file. If someone really wants to know how to decrypt the assets, I'll see if I can't write a script if someone asks, but I had to change a lot of functions and even then it didn't always work, I was really lazy and didn't want to extract the decryption method so I had to do a lot of work to get the assets, but I think it might have been easier if I had the time to redo the decryption algorithm and then just passed everything through that, so if someone asks I'll see if I can't write a clean script or if that isn't possible I'll see if I can't at least write a guide to extract the assets.

AnonZX

Jan 20, 2019
What's that wolfzqstuff related to in your attachment?
It's the steps he took to decode the sojson encoded javascript in the Z_All.js file in Cursed Armor 1. It was meant to make removing the login stuff harder, but it also messed with the web console, which he removed in the v2.51 of Cursed Armor 1 he posted.

This is only something people who paid actual money for the game have to deal with it seems, since I wanted to change the game files in Cursed Armor 2, I had to decode the Z_Wolfzq_Help.js file to understand what was causing the game to break when I wanted to load the decrypted, altered or new assets. The file doesn't seem to be included in the version posted here so he might still be working on it or added the decoded functions to other files if your looking for it.

xdddxdddxd

Mar 13, 2018
Quick Question is there any torres city content yet?

only thing i have been waiting on this game...
There’s some content, not too much though. You can get there after you visit the black magic shop (Melissa) and then visit the Empire Relic teleport station the next day. You’ll have some dialogue with Yuuka, and will have Youde bring you to Torres. There, you’ll be able to activate the teleport station there, allowing easy access from the Empire to Torres and vice versa. Talking to Yuuka at Torres in the day time will bring some cgs and content, but there isn’t a lot. I think Wolf will add more content in Torres next month.

AnonZX

Jan 20, 2019
Does the newest version posted here work for anyone (v1.5), the .exe only shows a bunch of letters when I run it?
And did they stop releasing new versions for now because wolfzq might add more drm, or is removing the drm taking too much time or are they still working on it?
I hope he doesn’t add more drm since I won’t always have the time to remove it every month and if it gets worse I might stop caring for the game, I just want to be able to skip the events I don’t like and add my own costumes or events, so it would be nice if he stops adding drm to his games, but I guess that won’t happen since he went back and added it to the first game, now I have to waste more time getting that to work, since the version posted here on f95zone seems to beak at times for some reason.

Badaxe93

Jan 18, 2018
He want people to support him so that's normal he add more protection
He know that's normal that people hack his game. Piracy is quite normal.
But you can't wish for a dev to limit defense against piracy if he don't get enough support

Reactions: zeldora

AnonZX

Jan 20, 2019
He want people to support him so that's normal he add more protection
He know that's normal that people hack his game. Piracy is quite normal.
But you can't wish for a dev to limit defense against piracy if he don't get enough support
This might just be me ranting so ignore if you want.

I joined his patreon when CA 1 came out after finding and playing the game here and realizing how easy it was to edit his story and to remove the parts I don’t like and create my own story with his assets, though I didn’t upload anything, but now that he is adding drm to his games it’s nearly impossible to change anything without the game breaking and I am unable to even play the game on my system because of it, in my opinion this is only hurting the people who are paying actual money for his games, if someone really wants to release a pirated version, they can, in my case it took 4 days to get rid of his drm with almost no programming background, and the game runs a lot better without all the useless code and allows me me edit everything and run it on my system, I even got it running on my iphone browser and normal desktop browser, and since it was written in javascript, removing a few useless loops means a lot to performance. His drm even blocks normal users from using the web console, which would mainly only affect the people who want to play the game and wants to edit variables or skip events they don’t like, if he wants to make it harder for the average player to enjoy the game, then he is going to lose people, in my case if I’m unable remove the events I don’t like or even run the game, then I’ll have to give up on this game and supporting him, I’m still holding out since I can still remove the drm, but when I can’t I’ll leave it be.
To be honest I’m really mad at him, I have spent more money on this game than most other really great indie games, for example stardew valley, which even allows modding and can run on almost anything, and this is what we get, I only did it since I saw it as a bunch of art assets and a lot of base code to make my own game with.
What do you think, would it still be worth it paying for something if it doesn’t even allow you to run the game or mod it with ease?
The story this time around seems like it might also not be as interesting as the previous game, after going through all the code and images for the stuff that hasn’t been implemented yet, but I’ll wait and see what happens for now.

Edit:
I also don’t think this game comes close to violated heroine, for the amount of interesting content that game has, this can’t even compare, and the story there makes a lot more sense and offers a lot more options for players who don’t like certain content.

Last edited:

Badaxe93

Jan 18, 2018
No I don't think you're ranting but your argument is a bit weird to me. I know there's stuff people don't like but arguing because you can't modify a story it's a bit too much. If it was a book and there's part of it you dislike, will you remove page from this book? It's totally fine to dislike some part of the game but you can't be mad because of how was made the story or about it's content. Remember if you don't like it don't play it.
About the performance issue I never saw it. It don't use Denuvo it's just a login check.

Reactions: zeldora

AnonZX

Jan 20, 2019
No I don't think you're ranting but your argument is a bit weird to me. I know there's stuff people don't like but arguing because you can't modify a story it's a bit too much. If it was a book and there's part of it you dislike, will you remove page from this book? It's totally fine to dislike some part of the game but you can't be mad because of how was made the story or about it's content. Remember if you don't like it don't play it.
About the performance issue I never saw it. It don't use Denuvo it's just a login check.
Me clarifying my rant, it wasn't really meant to make sense in the first place so I'll see if I can't explain and sorry, my language skills are mediocre, so most of the stuff might not be that easy to understand, but I'll try to simplify it. Also I don't really care if someone understands this, I just had to get it out and continuing this type of conversation won't really lead anywhere besides me giving my opinion.

And yes, using the word "drm" is wrong in this case since he uses obfuscation, so I'll rephrase it like that.

You might be right about the performance, it's really not that noticeable, but I am running on old hardware so that might be why I noticed it.
Funny story about books, you can skip the parts you don't like, or in my case I rewrote parts I thought were badly written with the information given, and books give you all the information you need, otherwise you wouldn't be able to read them, while this game forces you to sit through really tedious events, cutscenes and really bad gameplay at best (without using the cheat_menu plugin or using the console, which he tries to block by his obfuscation code), so I think the ability to at least skip or change them are fundamental things players should be allowed to do and even VH had some interesting in game ways to avoid certain content (still really sad I'm not able to get it working anymore).

And yes I am planning to stop playing the game very soon if I am not allowed to change or skip stuff, and I think I might not be the only one who thinks like this, spending hours mangling a games code instead of improving gameplay and content when it's already lackluster is a recipe for disaster.
So in summary, since I don't always make sense, adding plain javascript obfuscation really won't stop pirates, real pirates have a lot more patience to even break assembly, but it will stop normal people from playing if they don't have the skills themselves to at least get it working, and most likely, those who do will become the ones to release it.

See my previous posts to see what the obfuscation does to the game, and I also found a lot of really nasty functions too, besides just the effects of the obfuscation. And to be clear, I am not planning to release the version I removed the login from, but I am planning to share what I changed to the obfuscated code so that other people who are paying for this can at least change the parts they don't like.

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 13 Votes