3.60 star(s) 18 Votes

AdultAndi

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2022
high frame rates are important for interactivity. ie. how fast a game responds to your input in say a first person shooter. but you are using static pre-rendered video files - there is no interaction. are you saying a pixar movie that runs at 24 fps in cinemas is not a smooth experience? don't you think that disney would also like to provide us with the "smoothest experience" possible and yet they (and everybody else) are using 24 fps.
Put two videos together 120 fps and 30 fps, see for yourself the difference (keep in mind using 120hz monitor or higher) it's better than explanation

Reactions: v1900

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
high frame rates are important for interactivity. ie. how fast a game responds to your input in say a first person shooter. but you are using static pre-rendered video files - there is no interaction. are you saying a pixar movie that runs at 24 fps in cinemas is not a smooth experience? don't you think that disney would also like to provide us with the "smoothest experience" possible and yet they (and everybody else) are using 24 fps.
You are confusing frame rate with frame latency. Frame latency is important for interactivity, the higher the frame rate the higher the importance of frame latency. You can have good or decent interactivity at low fps (24-30 fps) if your frame latency corresponds to that frame rate.

Now if you want to talk about 24 fps in film you need to know that the only reason that it looks smooth is because it automatically gets processed by your display or by the OS or application of your device. If you watch films directly on your TV, the TV automatically adjusts its native spec down to 24 fps. On a PC the OS or the application manages that conversion. On cinemas the projector injects black frames to achieve persistence of vision. Now Ren'py has none of that fancy trickery so the only solution is to add more frames to the animations. It has to at least be the same fps as the native refresh rate of the monitor. If you exceed the refresh rate there are no problems.

By having 120 fps animations the dev has most of the devices (PCs, tablets, phones) covered and can deliver uniform quality across platforms with different refresh rates.

Last edited:

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
i am disappointed ...

not by the game but the fact that you , AdultAndi , are using the general accent color as color for the mc name :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
(that pink-ish color brrrrr)
i mean you colored the other names with " , color="#xxxxxx" " but not the mc

btw i think the whole naming code section looks a bit ...
i guess it was coded in your experimentation phase at the beginning , no? :p

• Haha
Reactions: AdultAndi

AdultAndi

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2022
i am disappointed ...

not by the game but the fact that you , AdultAndi , are using the general accent color as color for the mc name :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
(that pink-ish color brrrrr)
i mean you colored the other names with " , color="#xxxxxx" " but not the mc

btw i think the whole naming code section looks a bit ...
i guess it was coded in your experimentation phase at the beginning , no? :p
This is funny reason to be disappointed

• Haha
Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
This is funny reason to be disappointed
little explanation

i always look at gui.rpy screens.rpy script.rpy before playing
to change the textsize ,outlines,textbox etc and ofc the color of the mc´s name
(i am using always a dark blue 021AB7 color for my mc´s)
and your script ... well i had to search a while :ROFLMAO:

AdultAndi

Game Developer
Mar 26, 2022
little explanation

i always look at gui.rpy screens.rpy script.rpy before playing
to change the textsize ,outlines,textbox etc and ofc the color of the mc´s name
(i am using always a dark blue 021AB7 color for my mc´s)
and your script ... well i had to search a while :ROFLMAO:
When I released the initial version, my ren'py experience was one week only so yeah, I guess I did well for a tiny experience at that time :ROFLMAO:

Acesaw

May 11, 2017
Will you dominate the other companies including the company you used to work for...and the surrounding women ? Or you will just sit on the street and lose everything and everyone you love,Your choices will decide….
hmm where is NTR Tag? i mean it says right there. 'Or you will just sit on the street and lose everything and everyone you love' doesn't that considered ntr?

3.60 star(s) 18 Votes