Ren'Py Abandoned Cutely Suspicious [v0.12.033] [Ellaraia]

3.10 star(s) 21 Votes

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
After plenty of confusion I found the problem. I used to use the same system I did in ShF where your storylines are progressed all over the place wherever you complete the needed action. This is shit and covers the code in bugs so I changed and centralised it with if checks that are called whenever you move forward in time. It seems I missed one of the old system progression checks. You gave Dani the camera. That shouldn't even be an option but it seems I didn't remove it. You're just supposed to talk to her and tell her you have it. This fulfils the check and progresses you, unlocking the photoshoot.

To fix: Either re-load a save from before you gave her the camera and don't give it to her again, just tell her you're ready for the shoot, or use the console by typing shootCasualPurpleAvailable = 1

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
There was a second male in my original plan but I dropped him because if there was a landlord/father people would assume NTR and this thread would be full of it.
I actually like it, economy of characters. Keeps things nice and focused. I think the gameplay systems get too complicated and intimidating to the player when there's too many characters and stats to track. And it makes sense why you'd get closer to your relatives because the household is such a focus with the game' systems. That's what I loved about Shaping Her Future, you are acting out your duties as a brother and through that you get closer. Your characters actually feel like siblings, I love the dynamics they have, I think that's missing in a lot of games.

Reactions: Ellaraia

missvonkarma

Apr 7, 2020
Can you be more specific? Do you not have to option to join her, does it crash when you try, or something else?
Can you be more specific? Do you not have to option to join her, does it crash when you try, or something else?
There is no option to join her like i can join Dani. Somewhere i have seen MC together with cute on her bed while she is reading.I don't know if this is a problem or a Storyline concept to be unlocked after following a particular path.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
There is no option to join her like i can join Dani. Somewhere i have seen MC together with cute on her bed while she is reading.I don't know if this is a problem or a Storyline concept to be unlocked after following a particular path.
There are a couple of issues with laying with Cute at the moment. There isn't a difference between standing to talk and laying down, just a different image.

Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020
Add a gym. Because my mc wants to punch in the landladies nose!!
Mc needs to spend time in every weekend with her & use beer just to avoid spank. Too much this grind

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Add a gym. Because my mc wants to punch in the landladies nose!!
Mc needs to spend time in every weekend with her & use beer just to avoid spank. Too much this grind
No you just need to move things around in the kitchen, in her bedroom and turn up the volume on the remote for the tv.
This will keep the landlady busy while you work your charm on the other girls.

Reactions: Ellaraia and Paapi

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Need more info on what it is and what it does, just having a wrap candies looking thing is not enough to say anything about.
When Landlady is distracted, this will show. This will allow players to know if she's distracted or not rather than just guessing and hoping. I'll include it in the tutorial and have a storyline stage about distracting Landlady and why it's helpful later.

Reactions: a1fox3

Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020
My mc did everything to avoid spanking. Still got it. What a crap. Fu..... this shit

Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020
If you're paying your rent and not peeking on girls too much you won't get spanked.
Of course my mc peeked. Even entered their rooms & bathroom. But landlady yet to see it. Paid rent, put beer in both bedrooms. Did 3 distraction things. spend thime with that spanking landlady in weekend. Still got spanked. This is too much...

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Of course my mc peeked. Even entered their rooms & bathroom. But landlady yet to see it. Paid rent, put beer in both bedrooms. Did 3 distraction things. spend thime with that spanking landlady in weekend. Still got spanked. This is too much...
You are told when you are spanked why it happened. If you paid your rent then it's because your suspicion was too high, which sounds correct by your description. Spending a little time with someone doesn't make them forget all of the bad things you've done. Also, characters talk to one-another. Just because she didn't see you walking in on girls, doesn't mean you didn't do it.

Getting spanked is part of the game. It enforces the idea that your landlady is your overlord and makes it sweeter when you're sneaking around behind her back later in the game.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Your just a pervert without a mindset for this game, you can't go every hour and peep every day.
Do chores it will give you the same amount of money to pay your bills, spend time with everyone without peeping until you get better relationship with them, set them up to be spanked and so on.
Yes you can peep every now and then but once you peep there should no longer be a need to keep peeping at the same scene over and over again.
Make sure you do the distract option just before you want to walk in on the girls to keep the landlady distracted at that time.
If she is in the tv lounge then mess with the remote the hour before, if she is in the kitchen when you want to peep mess up the kitchen the hour before you peep and so on.

Use common since in your approach and you will not get spanked, I know because I still have not been spanked yet and I will probably never be spanked.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Your just a pervert without a mindset for this game, you can't go every hour and peep every day.
Do chores it will give you the same amount of money to pay your bills, spend time with everyone without peeping until you get better relationship with them, set them up to be spanked and so on.
Yes you can peep every now and then but once you peep there should no longer be a need to keep peeping at the same scene over and over again.
Make sure you do the distract option just before you want to walk in on the girls to keep the landlady distracted at that time.
If she is in the tv lounge then mess with the remote the hour before, if she is in the kitchen when you want to peep mess up the kitchen the hour before you peep and so on.

Use common since in your approach and you will not get spanked, I know because I still have not been spanked yet and I will probably never be spanked.
To add to this. There is a numbness machanic which means the more you do naughty things, the less the characters care (the less your suspicion increases). Now, I did add an unwanted zero to this value in the current version making it useless, but it will be helpful in future. Stopping isn't required, just keep your eyes on your stats and keep your suspicion (yellow bars) low.

Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020

I usually likes every free roam games. But this ......... is Not for me. Disappointing

• Sad
Reactions: Ellaraia
3.10 star(s) 21 Votes