Ren'Py Abandoned Cutely Suspicious [v0.12.033] [Ellaraia]

3.10 star(s) 21 Votes

Giggiproiettile

Jul 10, 2020
I've done alle the 6 scenes for "in Her Thoughts" but the game still show me 5/6/6 how can i proceed?
And Sneaky Beaver 4/6/6.
I think that is the book scene that isnt counted.

coolboy88

Jan 2, 2018
My game keep crashing after several attempt. Any idea?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/home/double/empty.rpy", line 23, in script call
call screen doubleEmpty
File "game/home/double/empty.rpy", line 23, in script call
call screen doubleEmpty
File "game/home/lounge/Dani telly.rpy", line 15, in script call
call screen loungeDaniTelly
File "game/home/lounge/Dani telly.rpy", line 33, in script call
call daniChat from _call_daniChat_3

Shmeep13

May 12, 2018
ive just downloaded the newest version (v0.03.035) and cant find any of my saves. I dont want to have to do everything again if i dont have to. How can i fix this?

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
ive just downloaded the newest version (v0.03.035) and cant find any of my saves. I dont want to have to do everything again if i dont have to. How can i fix this?
If the last version you've played was 0.03 then I've no idea where your saves are. If it was 0.01 or 0.02 then those saves are incompatible, sorry. (There were too many changes to make old saves work)

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
Just started, but I've read several of your posts here and have some thoughts.

1)I think you are 100% right about what people mean when they say grindy, and I don't think that's your fault. They've had too many experiences with other games that just do sandbox badly, and so they view all sandbox like those games. From the way you've explained it, I think this will be a better experience.

2)on walkthroughs; I think the problem is choice fear. I know at least for me personally, I saw the mention of the girls changing based on your behavior and then got to my first compliment choice (which approach) and immediate went to see if there was a guide to tell me what would happen based on each choice. Can I be degrading all the time and get away with it? is that choice a trap to give me a bad end? A lot of people are scared of experimenting in games like this because we don't want to have to play more than once. I don't really have a solution to this, or think your approach is wrong; just thought I'd share some insight into what people who crave walkthroughs are thinking I guess.

From what I read it sounds like evolutions aren't implemented yet, so I'll try not to worry about it so much/ Can't wait to see what it's like once they are in game.

• Love
Reactions: Ellaraia

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Just started, but I've read several of your posts here and have some thoughts.

1)I think you are 100% right about what people mean when they say grindy, and I don't think that's your fault. They've had too many experiences with other games that just do sandbox badly, and so they view all sandbox like those games. From the way you've explained it, I think this will be a better experience.

2)on walkthroughs; I think the problem is choice fear. I know at least for me personally, I saw the mention of the girls changing based on your behavior and then got to my first compliment choice (which approach) and immediate went to see if there was a guide to tell me what would happen based on each choice. Can I be degrading all the time and get away with it? is that choice a trap to give me a bad end? A lot of people are scared of experimenting in games like this because we don't want to have to play more than once. I don't really have a solution to this, or think your approach is wrong; just thought I'd share some insight into what people who crave walkthroughs are thinking I guess.

From what I read it sounds like evolutions aren't implemented yet, so I'll try not to worry about it so much/ Can't wait to see what it's like once they are in game.
Thanks for the comment.

On evolutions: The biggest changes to your evolution points are from obvious decisions most of the time. These being what you choose to say during a story event or which storyline stage goal you complete. Anything you can do regularly has a minor effect on evolutions. They do add up but are worth very little individually. Also, the colour of both girls' portraits shows which evolution is currently being favoured (once you've made at least a little progress), so you should be able to tell if you're on the right track.

I do need to have a decent selection of in-game guides to give a little more detail on things like evos.

Reactions: tigerdiamond

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
Thanks for the comment.

On evolutions: The biggest changes to your evolution points are from obvious decisions most of the time. These being what you choose to say during a story event or which storyline stage goal you complete. Anything you can do regularly has a minor effect on evolutions. They do add up but are worth very little individually. Also, the colour of both girls' portraits shows which evolution is currently being favoured (once you've made at least a little progress), so you should be able to tell if you're on the right track.

I do need to have a decent selection of in-game guides to give a little more detail on things like evos.
I did eventually read the in-game help on the evos, and it pretty much answered what I needed to know. Although, I'd maybe suggest for the colored crosses to just show multiple, instead of the combined color, when something effects more than one, or add the in-between colors to the help text; lord know I still have no clue which ones the orange crosses were for.

SodaSoap

Jul 13, 2020
Is there a list of all available quests? Not sure if I am at the end or not. I cannot complete "In her thoughts" due to the vibrator not counting. Thank you.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Is there a list of all available quests? Not sure if I am at the end or not. I cannot complete "In her thoughts" due to the vibrator not counting. Thank you.
If all of your current ones are completed then I think you're done with everything.

Reactions: SodaSoap
3.10 star(s) 21 Votes