Skeletontrumpet22

Aug 24, 2021
I DMed Matt about a year ago to just give feedback on the game. Long story short, one topic turned into another and we hit it off and became fast friends. I have a fair amount of acquaintances and people I talk to, both online and off, but don't really use the word "friend" lightly. And Matt was definitely a friend. An online friend, but a friend nonetheless. I'll go ahead and share here what his last DM to me was over on Discord.

"dude I'm recovering from Dengue hemorrhagic fever or idk how the fuck it's called in english (I thought I was going to die 2 days ago, had 41C in fever). I'll get back at you soon. this fucking update will take forever D:"

Then there was nothing after that. The death toll in Brazil has been over a thousand the last time I checked, and that was a while back. F95 says that he was "last seen" on 3/11. But there's been nothing else. I can tell you that for him to say that he'd get back to me and then just vanish, especially for this long, that is not like Matt at all. From what I understand, him being hospitalized for this long is very unlikely. So for a while I hoped that maybe he just went complete blackout to focus on the update without distraction or something. But that too would have been a first, because he would always still check in for a bit. In the last year I don't think there's been a span of more than two or three days at most where we didn't at least check in and shoot the shit with each other, and even those times it was because he was buckling down on the game.

I'm going to be a little real here for a second, but I have BPD, and it's not easy for me to make and keep relationships with people. So to meet someone that I actually got along with that well and for it to be consistent was very rare and kind of a big deal for me. We both eventually discussed a lot of personal shit in addition to just the casual stuff. And all I can say is that Matt was such a good dude. And I'd love nothing more than for him to pop up all of a sudden and make me look like an idiot if it meant that he was still breathing. So while I can't factually confirm anything, I can just pass along the information and try to give context as to why it's the conclusion that I've come to. I'm pretty tore up about the whole thing and am really going to miss him. My heart goes out to his family.

Matt, Rest in Peace my friend.

View attachment 3520135
F

Jan 2, 2024
So, given the revelations shared here, would it be insensitive to ask if Judy can be messed with in-game?

I hope you guys are wrong and that Matt is ok.

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
So, given the revelations shared here, would it be insensitive to ask if Judy can be messed with in-game?

I hope you guys are wrong and that Matt is ok.
I hope I'm wrong too. But my hope's pretty much run out...

Judy has a decent amount of content. He had much more planned for her, but :cry:

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
Where's the furry and bestiality content in this game? Not seeing them on screenshot
The beastie content is when you send Ava and Mimi out on gigs. And the furry content is an option at a massage parlor (it'll make more sense when you're there).

Cenwen

Sep 28, 2018
I hope he's just recovering and taking it easy.
It's not like him to cut communications though. Saying this as person who talked with him for a while during the release of the first version.
Combined with fact that he's been very active here. :cry:

hanumania

Jul 12, 2023
I DMed Matt about a year ago to just give feedback on the game. Long story short, one topic turned into another and we hit it off and became fast friends. I have a fair amount of acquaintances and people I talk to, both online and off, but don't really use the word "friend" lightly. And Matt was definitely a friend. An online friend, but a friend nonetheless. I'll go ahead and share here what his last DM to me was over on Discord.

"dude I'm recovering from Dengue hemorrhagic fever or idk how the fuck it's called in english (I thought I was going to die 2 days ago, had 41C in fever). I'll get back at you soon. this fucking update will take forever D:"

Then there was nothing after that. The death toll in Brazil has been over a thousand the last time I checked, and that was a while back. F95 says that he was "last seen" on 3/11. But there's been nothing else. I can tell you that for him to say that he'd get back to me and then just vanish, especially for this long, that is not like Matt at all. From what I understand, him being hospitalized for this long is very unlikely. So for a while I hoped that maybe he just went complete blackout to focus on the update without distraction or something. But that too would have been a first, because he would always still check in for a bit. In the last year I don't think there's been a span of more than two or three days at most where we didn't at least check in and shoot the shit with each other, and even those times it was because he was buckling down on the game.

I'm going to be a little real here for a second, but I have BPD, and it's not easy for me to make and keep relationships with people. So to meet someone that I actually got along with that well and for it to be consistent was very rare and kind of a big deal for me. We both eventually discussed a lot of personal shit in addition to just the casual stuff. And all I can say is that Matt was such a good dude. And I'd love nothing more than for him to pop up all of a sudden and make me look like an idiot if it meant that he was still breathing. So while I can't factually confirm anything, I can just pass along the information and try to give context as to why it's the conclusion that I've come to. I'm pretty tore up about the whole thing and am really going to miss him. My heart goes out to his family.

Matt, Rest in Peace my friend.

I honestly did not expect to be saddened when I opened a thread here. At least not in the way I usually am. I did not know dengue was hitting Brazil rn, on top of covid, too.... I'm pretty late to the news. but I'm genuinely sorry for your loss.

• Red Heart
Reactions: RabidSloth
4.60 star(s) 29 Votes