Unity Cyber Rift [v0.2.6a] [Cyber Owl Games]

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
Haven't posted on this thread in a little bit so wanted to give a bit of a status update. Things are going pretty decently for the update so far and we've been working on fixing up the sprites cause we realized they had some issues. Initially they were built without a nude version, so we pretty much had to redraw each time for a new pose rather than just drape the outfits on top. Currently we're most of the way through fixing Everie, but we're pretty happy with the progress. Also for fun here's a bit of a cursed look at the head of Everie:

ev_bald.png

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
https://f95zone.to/threads/recent-influx-of-virus-detections.153322/
Had it happen too. It is a problem with Windows Defender.
actually it is not.. these games are multipacked.. so basically think of taking a zip files with a password protection.. than zipping that up into another zip file with another password. This was how early viruses spread and so games that have encryption in them like Renpy and RPG Maker trigger antivirus software with this type of flag as potentially unwanted programs or that.

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
actually it is not.. these games are multipacked.. so basically think of taking a zip files with a password protection.. than zipping that up into another zip file with another password. This was how early viruses spread and so games that have encryption in them like Renpy and RPG Maker trigger antivirus software with this type of flag as potentially unwanted programs or that.
That's actually really interesting! Honestly makes a lot of sense and from what I was researching it seemed like it was happening to a ton of creators especially recently.

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
Just posted a public news update so posting it here too!

Public News Update: Cyberia Status and Current Progress
TLDR: New features and systems, status on update, and what we've been up to.

image (37).png
Everie sprite has been entirely reworked (including a new nose!) and now has a nude version underneath. This also includes a ton of new facial expressions!

Hey everyone it's been a little while! Life has been a bit turbulent for members of the team, and not to go into too much personal detail but a lot of stuff has been happening IRL for me personally in particular, and it's definitely caused a slowdown in some areas. One thing that also slowed us down was that we were remaking the sprites in a new format, and the main reasoning behind that was to allow for some new additions which we'll be talking about later on in this post. But first we're happy to talk about our current progress and also list out a bunch of the new stuff we're working on!

image (36).png
Not fully finished, but we think it's a bit cleaner! (arrows are something we're looking into improving as well...)

While working through the systems we realized that the UI really wasn't up to snuff in many ways, and we really wanted to go back and try and improve it overall. Positions of main UI elements have been moved around a bunch, and a few of the extra ones have been consolidated to free up some on screen real estate. Main reasoning is that it's not fun to have the screen cluttered by a bunch of icons going in different directions with inconsistent styling, so we've moved them to the top of the screen as well as removing the pull down for the inventory and giving it a proper dedicated button instead. We've also moved the objective panel into the phone, and the phone will be packed with a bunch more stuff as well!

image (38).png
Phone UI is entirely placeholder and purely for function right now, but you can get a picture of how it will work!

The phone now includes the ability to go through all the USB pinups the player receives throughout the game. You'll have to put them in a new place in the player bedroom to unlock, but once you've done it they'll be added to your phone and you can look at them any time! Another one of the features is the ability to finally replay the NSFW scenes. This has been a highly requested feature, and has taken a bit more legwork to get functional but we're hoping people will be happy with it! The big issue with the tool we're currently using for conversations is that because we keep jumping between adventure mode and text mode, it's impossible to allow for backtracking after a conversation is done. We've added menu specifically to address this issue, and we're gonna work on adding more repeating moments in case players want to redo non-NSFW conversations again without having to go through the menu again. Finally the last feature on the UI front is the proper addition of the store.

image (39).png
Still very WIP, but the idea is to let you buy items and get an image preview with a description before you purchase.

You'll now be able to use your hard earned money to get brand new items for the girls! This will be simple stuff like gifts for Everie and Fae, but will also include some new spicy things like lingerie! If you buy something nice enough for the girls they may even let you see them wearing them ;) . The main reason we've redone the sprites is to allow for stuff like lingerie and other outfits to be easily added onto characters without everything having to be redrawn. We're hoping this will let us add a lot more stuff for players to do, and also add some more interesting interactions with each of the characters. It's been a bit tricky getting the UI to work, but now it'll have an active graphic once one of the items is clicked, it'll have a description for each item, and will show the price and the ability to purchase. We're still in the planning stages for a proper Junky minigame, but we wanted to get the shop properly working before we went too far with it. We have another section of the store that'll come in the future, but we wanted to get this part working for the Cyberia update.

ezgif-1-bde306f767.gif
New panning tech (background is just Forgaris stretched, we'll have the new one done for update though!)

The last thing we wanted to mention was the addition of something exciting: panning backgrounds! This is a new feature that'll let you scroll across the new landing area on Cyberia (this gif is the testing grounds not the actual background) and we're hoping it'll feel a lot more engaging then compared to normal static ones. Sure we could have just made a single background, but this is also tech we want to incorporate for stuff in the future. We're really aiming to improve the game overall and do some exciting stuff, and we're excited to show it off properly as soon as it's ready.

In summary features to expect in Cyberia Update:
-Improved UI
-New Phone interface
-New Scene replay menu
-New Pinup gallery menu
-New store interface
-Improved sprites
-New panning background tech
-And much more...

And that's about it for this public post! We'll be giving patrons a brand new pinup extremely soon! We have no firm ETA on the update, but we just wanted to give a proper status update rather than just keep you waiting. Once the update is functional though we'll be allowing patrons to play the update before it's completely finished, partly for just simple bugtesting but also because we want you to be more involved with the process. We'll be showing off new sketches of the backgrounds for higher tier patrons soon as well. Tune in for more exciting stuff very soon!

kraoro

Jul 9, 2017
Is it possible to edit one's save? I need $2000 to buy a gift, but the minigame hasn't been implemented, and the placeholder dialog only gives you $50 at a time, which means I'd have to go through the placeholder dialog 40 fucking times.

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
Is it possible to edit one's save? I need $2000 to buy a gift, but the minigame hasn't been implemented, and the placeholder dialog only gives you $50 at a time, which means I'd have to go through the placeholder dialog 40 fucking times.
It's only $200 that's needed, not sure why you think it's $2000 but maybe I need to look into that! We're currently completely reworking the storefront as well so that type of thing will 100% be addressed.

EDIT: just checked and as long as you have over 199 money you should be able to
mon.png

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
Cyber Rift v0.1.9.7a UI and Foundation Update (BUGGY)

UI_better.png

We just released out newest update to improve the UI and Foundations for Cyber Rift on our Patreon! We've been putting a ton of work behind the scenes getting the brand new UI foundation to work correctly, and this new version is mainly for feedback from you guys, and bugfixing the hell out of the new interface. We wanted to completely streamline the new experience and remove the awkwardness of the older icons, so everything has been reworked and added to the new phone! Our main objective was to make the game feel a lot more clean, and we're eager to hear what you guys think! We also have added two brand new pinups (they're unlocked by default but will be changed to done through the store once everything is working). If you have any issues with progression, or find something that we forgot to adjust please let us know and we'll fix ASAP.

PS: Saves from older versions will be incompatible, once this is stable saves will continue to work in future versions but we need to make sure everything is working.

What's changed:
-2 New pinups have been added
-UI has been entirely overhauled and streamlined
-Popup objective has been removed and changed so objectives are viewed inside phone instead.
-Brand new phone interface (WIP needs feedback)
-Brand new scene replay in phone (WIP needs feedback)
-Brand new pinup viewer in phone (WIP needs feedback)
-Brand new objective viewer in phone (WIP needs feedback)
-Brand new store interface for buying items. Very WIP but we need to know if it's working correctly so please test it out!

Bugfixes:
-Cleaning either Player's room or Everie's room early stopping progression has been fixed (this time we're pretty sure, but please try and break it and let us know how you did!)
-Generator now has a glowing effect
-Objects within scenes were layered incorrectly and have been fixed (some areas might have objects close, so if you see any while in menus let us know!)
-Fixed issue that would cause interface to disappear when loading saves (need testing to be safe on this)
-Fixed an issue after finishing wire minigame where screen would fade to blue for a second.
-Fixed an issue where the fuse box would look like it's both opened and closed at the same time due to texture overlap
-Various smaller fixes throughout

Known Bugs:
-Replay scenes are unlocked by default, will be fixed in patch to be unlocked through story progression
-All pinups are unlocked by default, will be fixed in patch to be unlocked through other means
-Can use phone/map too early as soon as first scene happens, will be fixed in patch
-Progression can be broken by using map on Jukarya and Forgaris so try not to!

Still working on:
-Notifications for when new objectives are active
-UI interfaces are not final and will be visually fixed. Artist is very busy on Cyberia update and will get to it once all art is done
-Button in main menu will be added to skip to latest content without having to playthrough everything

Hope you guys enjoy these new features! We really need feedback for these in particular to make sure everything's working, so please let us know what you think! We'll be updating this rapidly in the next few days, and both MAC and Linux builds will be available in the next few days.

PS: We added a preview of the new Cyberia environment down below :)

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
Any sex scenes in the game yet?
No sex scenes yet since still early in the plot, but we do have NSFW in the at least 2 of the scenes in Scene Replay (will be unlocked through progression but currently it's unlocked by default in the buggy build). We also have 7 pinups that you can unlock in game (5 through USBs hidden, 2 through the new store that's WIP) which is also unlocked in this version :)

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
We're still hard at work on the Cyberia update, but we really wanted to try and address some of the major pieces of feedback we received in the meantime. Due to personal IRL events with our artist and myself we had become a bit delayed, but we're now back in action! What we currently have planned for the Cyberia Update:

-3 New backgrounds (one is actually two combined and has the new panning tech we've added)
-2-3 NSFW scenes
-2-3 New music tracks
-New Elsie character
-New sprites for Everie, Fae and Elsie (Everie is currently finished)
-And a bunch more smaller additions

Now firm ETA yet, but we did just finish the big panning background which has been taking a bit longer than our standard ones. We're very excited to talk about it more, but we wanted to get feedback on this version specifically so we can make the UI and progression rock solid before Cyberia :D

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
Also should mention we already have a design for Elsie, it's just our artist has improved over time and he wanted to take another crack at her since he felt her current iteration isn't quite the right fit compared to the rest of the cast. In case you're curious what she looks like currently:

T0hnen.png

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
CyberRift-0.1.9.7a
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Zinban

Jul 30, 2022
Less than 2 min into game and it broke. Walked into the gen room, picked up the battery, left the room and the backpack + the mobile device icons in the upper right vanished.

• Sad
Reactions: ZeRAWDOG

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
Less than 2 min into game and it broke. Walked into the gen room, picked up the battery, left the room and the backpack + the mobile device icons in the upper right vanished.
Ah thanks for the heads up! Can you try opening and closing the pause menu? There's a few moments where the ingame menu can occasionally turn off so I want to make sure to catch stuff like that. Really sorry for the issue but that's why this build is called a "Buggy" one!

EDIT: Been trying to trigger the issue but no luck. If you used the map before turning on the lights (the button will be disabled until lights are turned on) that could have caused the problem. If you have any insights on where to look though let me know!

Double EDIT: Discovered where the problem is. I disabled the buttons appearing when you go into the map and it looks like there was an issue in turning them back on when you go to a location. Will fix for next bugfix build in the next day or so :D. As a temporary fix if you click on map and click on map again the button will reappear.

Final EDIT: I'll work on getting a patch out for tmw. I found exactly where the problem is and can say with 100% guarantee it's fixed.

Last edited:

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
Just updated the build on Itch, Patreon and SubscribeStar after reading the feedback here. Please let us know if you come across any issues!

Cyber Rift v0.1.9.7b UI and Foundation Update (BUGGY)

Linux Build now available!

New Bugfixes:
-Fixed an issue with the inventory and phone icons disappearing when opening the map

-Fixed an issue where the scene replay scenes were unlocked by default, this is now affected by ingame progression

ANTagonist

May 27, 2017
I donno if this is a bug but I can't open the escape pod. I've clicked everywhere and I can't find any items to undo the pod's control panel. I'd figured I'd use use that handy-dandy screwdriver we have but I can't see my bag icon as it seems to have entirely vanished.
I can still click the map but that's about it. Is this the intended way or has the game decided to ignore me?
EDIT: Nevermind, prolific use of the map while in the ship eats the phone and bag button and prevents access to them, avoid abusing the map and you should be just dandy.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: ZeRAWDOG
4.30 star(s) 4 Votes