Unity Cyber Rift [v0.2.6a] [Cyber Owl Games]

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
thanks for reply, i like the art, just wanted to know what i was getting into
No worries! The tags are a little all over the place, might want to figure out how to change them at some point but glad you're checking out the game!

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
Just updated the build's pages to now include a MAC and Linux version. We had some issues with the MAC version initially since it required a digital signature from a MAC computer specifically, but hopefully it's now resolved!

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Seems you should put a warning you need to start new game.. as Fae in Cockpit won't trigger and game still throws up end of content if you load old save. It would be nice to be warned old save will no longer work.

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
Seems you should put a warning you need to start new game.. as Fae in Cockpit won't trigger and game still throws up end of content if you load old save. It would be nice to be warned old save will no longer work.
That is a very fair complaint, because this is so early on we were rapidly adding features and didn't consider certain issues when it came to save combability. Our plan for the future with content is to add a button that's "Start from Update" that'll let you skip through previous content and only go for new stuff without issues. Sorry for the inconvenience, but we'll make sure to add a disclaimer on the our pages mentioning it!

EDIT
Added this disclaimer to all our pages:
(Small disclaimer: We recommend playing from a new game rather than an old save due to all the changes, otherwise you might have some issues getting the new NSFW scene.)

Reactions: molitar
Oct 19, 2018

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021

Tatertot

Oct 3, 2017
I am getting a Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml virus alert from Windows Defender, however Virus Total believes this is a false positive.

1679318223719.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: ZeRAWDOG

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
I am getting a Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml virus alert from Windows Defender, however Virus Total believes this is a false positive.

View attachment 2482139
Thank you for doing a bit of research on it! I was trying to figure out what on earth is going on, seems like some antivirus software get worried about zips/rar files and will false positive them to be safe. Really sorry for anyone who's gotten one of these!

EDIT

security.png

I just ran it too directly to be safe, there's no issue with the file and I just wanted to reassure anyone who was having the problem as well. Not precisely sure what causes the false flag, I'm assuming it's related to it being such a new program that the software wants to be safe and flags it automatically. I researched a bit into and apparently the machine learning algorithm they use can potentially be the cause for the false flag.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2018

View attachment 2482139
You haven't gotten "backdoor win32/bladabindi ml" ? I got Trojans, and that. I ran a full scan, and it found more threats. Someone said to use Ublock Origin. But I don't know why some people get only Trojans, but not "backdoor win32/bladabindi ml."
EDIT:
https://f95zone.to/threads/recent-influx-of-virus-detections.153322/ <------------------------

Last edited:

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
Dehya_preview.png

Just to shift the topic a little bit we just released a preview of our monthly pinup to Cyber Owl tier patrons! We're aiming to improve the tier by offering earlier previews of content such as pinup sketches as well as earlier test builds. Currently we're hard at work on the new content update so keep an eye on our pages for updates!

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
Figured I'd might as well mention here: we posted both MAC and Linux versions of the game to our pages! We're still working on testing these, but wanted to mention in case anyone wanted to try on their machines.

Oct 19, 2018
Figured I'd might as well mention here: we posted both MAC and Linux versions of the game to our pages! We're still working on testing these, but wanted to mention in case anyone wanted to try on their machines.
I am enjoying the game, any plans for a Steam release?

Also the Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H and backdoor win32/bladabindi ml were purely WD acting up, I have a link below, if you get anyone else with the same issues.
https://f95zone.to/threads/recent-influx-of-virus-detections.153322/

Reactions: ZeRAWDOG

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
I am enjoying the game, any plans for a Steam release?

Also the Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H and backdoor win32/bladabindi ml were purely WD acting up, I have a link below, if you get anyone else with the same issues.
https://f95zone.to/threads/recent-influx-of-virus-detections.153322/
Def appreciate you looking more into it! And we do eventually have plans of putting it on steam, but we feel like the amount of content in the game doesn't warrant a full steam purchase just yet. So we want to expand the game quite a bit through our patreon before considering a proper steam release. Currently the game is at Chapter 1 Part 1, each Part will be an update and there will be 4 Parts per Chapter. I'd say we're aiming for maybe the end of Chapter 2 or 3 to consider it, but for now no firm plans.

ZeRAWDOG

Game Developer
Mar 5, 2021
Just posted a news update publicly, wanted to post it here as well!

Public News Update: So what's next?

cyberia_teaser.jpg

Hey everyone! It’s been a whole month since our public release, and we thought that we should update everyone on our future plans for this game. We were completely blown away by the reaction to the build, and we're just so happy people have been giving our a game a shot! Thank you to everyone who’s joined us on our journey, whether you’re an old hat who’s been around since the very beginning, or if you just joined us on our adventure.

First, let’s talk about technical fixes. As with any release, the game is not without its bugs or without room for improvement. We’re happy to say that we’ve received a lot of good feedback, and released a build with the following changes:
  • Players are able to choose their name
  • There's now a minimap button to better navigate the ship
  • Hallways were reworked for better navigation
  • Removal of unnecessary interactions
We decided to release this build publicly with these changes, and our first content update (the Cyberia Update) will be in 1-2 months with earlier builds for patrons to test features.

Next, let’s talk about our content plan and how our updates will work from here on out. We plan on implementing a tick tock update scheme. In other words, we’ll alternate minor and major updates each month. Every major update will be an additional new part to the story with all the bells and whistles that go with it, including new art, CGs, NSFW scenes, and story progression. Each minor update will be focused on bugfixes, QoL improvement, additional content that may not have made it in before, and other miscellaneous things that might have slipped through the cracks. So, since our big public release was in February, our next release will be a minor patch in March, before having a major update in either April or May.

And now for the really exciting part: a sneak preview of our next planet, Cyberia! It’s cold, it’s snowy, and it just might be hiding a secret underneath all that ice…

cyberia_teaser2.jpg

The Cyberia update will introduce a new character, Elsie! She's a little mysterious and a lot fierce. We hope you're excited to learn more about her very soon!

Before we end things off, we’d also like to remind everyone that a perk of being a patron is our monthly pinups! These are high-quality works of art done by our in-house artist. Previously, we’ve featured characters like Melenia from Elden Ring, Jinx from League of Legends, and many others besides. Look out for more lewd art coming your way, and we do take suggestions for future pinups as well. We're currently more than halfway done with the Dehya pinup, and our higher tier patrons can see the WIP sketches a bit early!

Again, thank you all for sticking around, and we hope you continue to play and enjoy Cyber Rift! Please let us know of any feedback you might have either here or via our Discord; we’re always trying to make the game better.

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes