4.60 star(s) 19 Votes

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
This game is totally to my liking,even the wallpapers too.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
TAKE MY MOENY!
I'm glad to hear that! There is also more than one Eternum references too! The last one is an art work from tubie, so shoutout to them. It's not a game - tubie is an artist in the HS2 community!

Last edited:

hrm

Jul 24, 2017
Noticed that the yuukisound file (/audio/sfx/blip.flac) is missing. Not really a big deal, since it only throws an error if the developer menu is enabled; but figured I'd mention it anyway.

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
The old dude (2nd Screenshot) looks like a lady in old man makeup. Specifically reminds me of Kate McKinnon as Dr. Fauci on SNL. And no, this is not a shot, a complaint, or at all a negative thing, I just swear to god that's who he looks like.

• Haha
Reactions: DiPeppo

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
Noticed that the yuukisound file (/audio/sfx/blip.flac) is missing. Not really a big deal, since it only throws an error if the developer menu is enabled; but figured I'd mention it anyway.
Snap, I didn't even realize. Thanks my guy, on my way to fix it now.

Reactions: hrm

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
The old dude (2nd Screenshot) looks like a lady in old man makeup. Specifically reminds me of Kate McKinnon as Dr. Fauci on SNL. And no, this is not a shot, a complaint, or at all a negative thing, I just swear to god that's who he looks like.
How dare you slander our dear Haru...

Nah for real, don't worry, none offense taken. It's just tough to work with male models in HS2 and I have gone back to rework him more than twice, and each time I seemingly created a character that looks more cursed...:LOL:

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
How dare you slander our dear Haru...

Nah for real, don't worry, none offense taken. It's just tough to work with male models in HS2 and I have gone back to rework him more than twice, and each time I seemingly created a character that looks more cursed...:LOL:
Maybe I need to see a more recent version of him, then. I admit I haven't played in a while, but the redhead you showed on the OoT server piqued my interest, so I might try this again. I'm very picky about my HS and Koi games. But I've been trying to expand my horizons and try a lot of the 3DCG games associated with Anon's discord.

But yeah, I'm more than familiar with Illusion's male models-- it's why there are so many sameface protagonists, and they all look so dang disturbing. HS seems to gear towards a more creepy male character by default, and Koi... I think they just slapped a penis on the girl model tbh.

• Haha

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
Maybe I need to see a more recent version of him, then. I admit I haven't played in a while, but the redhead you showed on the OoT server piqued my interest, so I might try this again. I'm very picky about my HS and Koi games. But I've been trying to expand my horizons and try a lot of the 3DCG games associated with Anon's discord.

But yeah, I'm more than familiar with Illusion's male models-- it's why there are so many sameface protagonists, and they all look so dang disturbing. HS seems to gear towards a more creepy male character by default, and Koi... I think they just slapped a penis on the girl model tbh.
Trust me, if you still wanna sleep at night, you are better off by not seeing the later versions of Haru :ROFLMAO:

Jokes aside, people usually laugh when I say that Ezio (the MC) took as much time, if not more, as the girls to create. I have remastered him more than once for sure - and you can still see the trace of me wanting to remaster him during the demo version with the feedback of folks here. I think it definitely applies to development (unless intended otherwise) - having an amicably-looking MC is a good thing, of course if you can differentiate him and make him stand out then that's a nice plus. But you are right, HS2 makes working with males a huge bitch (no pun intended).

Reactions: McGreed

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
Does Remi's neck seem a bit...short compared to everyone else? Is something being tracked with all the choices?
Interesting...I think that's due to the bigger and higher (inner) shirt collar of the top and the hoodie layered on top of the shoulder, so the shoulder understably is bumped higher up a bit. In other words, her shoulder is lower than the red part of the hoodie. If you look at Chapter 2 where you first met Remi again at the door, she looked normal.

And yes something is being tracked, but not with all of the choices - rather, only some of them. As I replied to another person previously, I will create a walkthrough mod after a few more chapters so it's easier to play through and whatnot for y'all!

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
Trust me, if you still wanna sleep at night, you are better off by not seeing the later versions of Haru :ROFLMAO:

Jokes aside, people usually laugh when I say that Ezio (the MC) took as much time, if not more, as the girls to create. I have remastered him more than once for sure - and you can still see the trace of me wanting to remaster him during the demo version with the feedback of folks here. I think it definitely applies to development (unless intended otherwise) - having an amicably-looking MC is a good thing, of course if you can differentiate him and make him stand out then that's a nice plus. But you are right, HS2 makes working with males a huge bitch (no pun intended).
I know of at least one game that gave up on a unique MC and just spends all their time bashing the MC's face, while settling with the least creepy default-ish looking male character.

• Wow

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
I know of at least one game that gave up on a unique MC and just spends all their time bashing the MC's face, while settling with the least creepy default-ish looking male character.
Well I hope that at least worked/is working for them! :(

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
Well I hope that at least worked/is working for them! :(
Eh, it's okay. Honestly, I think people constantly telling the poor guy he's ugly gets kinda old after the first couple random dudes-- one girl uses it like a pet name though, and it was fine when it was just her and her friend on occasion.

MrSancini

Feb 18, 2018
Started playing yesterday, and gonna say... I liked.

For some reason the game was on my watched (my memory is shite), but only downloaded yesterday.

And the windows sound on the basketball game had me in stitches.

• Yay, new update!

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
Started playing yesterday, and gonna say... I liked.

For some reason the game was on my watched (my memory is shite), but only downloaded yesterday.

And the windows sound on the basketball game had me in stitches.
Don't worry, what matters is that you played it and even better, you liked it.

And yes, you are not the only one who was rolling during that windows sound :ROFLMAO: Seems to be the new favorite moment in the game for many folks.

Thank you for the kind words!

Reactions: slick97

KnightOwlSC

Oct 12, 2021
Thanks for the kind words!

For your question: Ezio basically didn’t want to alert everyone because it was close to midnight and everyone is already off to sleepy time, especially when it’s a half naked girl. Furthermore, he did want to let everyone know about the girl next morning but that plan of course failed because of Remi.

It is the freaked-out psychology for me lol. When I am put on the spot, I usually come up with dumb decisions that at the time, I thought they were smart. :ROFLMAO:

Then of course, he also thought Irene was a machine because of the port, and the curiosity killed the cat.
My problem is he treated her like a thing and not a person.. Also the amount of disrespect it shows to the guardian? Makes him completely unlikable which sucks because I was liking your work so much (which is why this is a comment and not a review :D)

• Haha

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
My problem is he treated her like a thing and not a person.. Also the amount of disrespect it shows to the guardian? Makes him completely unlikable which sucks because I was liking your work so much (which is why this is a comment and not a review :D)
I might be misunderstanding your point :ROFLMAO: Here are some of my thoughts:

Ezio wasn't sure what Irene even is, or whether she's a human. Yet, he still decided to take her in instead of just leaving her there to the fate of unknown. If she was left in the cold, she would have gone "malfunctioned" and perhaps, would have been captured again. You can see Irene thanking him for taking her in right in Chapter 2.

Further down the line, you see that Ezio treats Irene just like any human being. On the truck or in the police station for example, you just don't simply talk to comfort a "thing". And you also don't spend time listening to story of a "thing" and then letting it stay, right?

Not sure what the "disrespect it shows to the guardian" means. Kat (the guardian) acknowledged that he at least did that part right - that's the idealogy of Kat embedded in Ezio: it's always about helping people first. So in a way, he did what Kat would have done (well, part of it anyway). See, he had two choices: 1) waking up everyone up the night before and let them know about Irene or 2) letting everyone know immediately the next morning about Irene. He obviously chose the second option, and it failed because of Remi as I already explained. Of course, there is a third choice - to leave her there and just move on.

If you played through all 3 chapters completely, you would know that Ezio cares about everyone including Kat. I don't know how one decision on a whim makes a person unlikable - it's just like you sit in a class, and do not pay attention for just 30 seconds, and then the professor picks you out and questions you on what he was talking about. You then answer with something completely random to cover for the fact that you are indeed distracted. Ezio was put on the spot and between the 2 choices, he picked the second one because of his clouded judgement.

Using your words, what makes a person "human" is because we have emotions, the wrong calls we made, and whatnot. Machine would just go if-then and bam, if this, do this; if that, do that. I wanted to make Ezio relatable. He's not a hunky dong who is a dick or an absolute gigachad. He's not someone who goes "seggs duh huh". He's just a guy who's trying to find his ways in life, and along the way, made some impaired judgements.

Does that help clear up your doubts or answer your questions? Let me know if you want any clarification. ;)

Last edited:

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Not sure what the "disrespect it shows to the guardian" means. Kat (the guardian) acknowledged that he at least did that part right - that's the idealogy of Kat embedded in Ezio: it's always about helping people first. So in a way, he did what Kat would have done (well, part of it anyway). See, he had two choices: 1) waking up everyone up the night before and let them know about Irene or 2) letting everyone know immediately the next morning about Irene. He obviously chose the second option, and it failed because of Remi as I already explained. Of course, there is a third choice - to leave her there and just move on.

If you played through all 3 chapters completely, you would know that Ezio cares about everyone including Kat. I don't know how one decision on a whim makes a person unlikable - it's just like you sit in a class, and do not pay attention for just 30 seconds, and then the professor picks you out and questions you on what he was talking about. You then answer with something completely random to cover for the fact that you are indeed distracted. Ezio was put on the spot and between the 2 choices, he picked the second one because of his clouded judgement.
I'd also like to point out that Ezio consistently tries the diplomatic approach with Meredith despite her short temper. His overall personality seems to be kind and empathetic, so it's extremely unlikely he'd purposely make a decision to upset Kat.

I thought the scene was a well written piece of minor drama to keep the audience interested. The Irene scene had some buildup to it which meant the audience already expected something would happen, but the added scene with Remi meant that even the scene with Irene saw some variation.

A perfect example of that type of writing is a portion of the book "Salvation" (Peter F. Hamilton) tells a flashback between Yuri and Callum regarding an infamous incident. Hamilton leads the audience to believe that Callum's wife died during this time - hence the animosity towards Yuri - but the added drama thrown in by Yuri's boss (and a couple of other side characters) meant that a scene we expected to play out one way played out entirely differently, but with the same conclusion.

Apologies about the slight derailment in discussion :)

• Wow

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
...minor drama to keep the audience interested.
Hot damn, this dude reads me like a book. :ROFLMAO:

But you hit the nail on the head. Ezio is truly someone with a deep sense of empathy, always placing himself in the shoes of others. His genuine kindness, easy-going nature, and insatiable curiosity are what have shaped the character we've come to know over these three chapters. When co-creating Ezio with my writer, our vision was for him to resonate with readers.

Ezio isn't some tech prodigy; he's a passionate tech enthusiast - just like those who keep up with the latest CPU specs and engage in lively discussions about them.

He's not an NBA sensation; he's merely a taller-than-average fellow with a knack for basketball - much like those who play pick-up games at the local YMCA or park.

He's as human as it gets, prone to missteps and imperfections, as we all are.

At his core, Ezio is a young man navigating the uncertainties of life, trying to find his way. Now what does the future hold for Ezio? What kind of person will he turn out to be? That's a story waiting to unravel with the players' touch.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: slick97
4.60 star(s) 19 Votes