4.60 star(s) 19 Votes

zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hey man, thank you for your reply. I'm glad that what I said doesn't seem to have come across as rude or.. I don't know.

First of all, please take care of your health. I hope you're doing better and that you're on a good path now.
Second, thank you very much for giving some insight on your project. It's incredible to see you being so invested in it. I legit had no idea you could pay modders to fix clothing sets for HS2 characters. I knew about custom locations being built for some games, but face maps and clothing? Color me impressed.

I think it makes sense that the more serious you take your own story, the more difficult it becomes to create it. Your characters and the plot become more complex, and you have to do them justice and take into account so many small variables - things they've said, done, hinted at and felt in the past - you can't forget about any of those things, otherwise their actions might not make sense in the future, for example.

Also, keep in mind that striving for perfection is great, but that perfectionism will likely kill the fun in the long run, as we've seen from other creators and projects already!

Wish you all the best!

• Red Heart
Reactions: DiPeppo

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
Hey man, thank you for your reply. I'm glad that what I said doesn't seem to have come across as rude or.. I don't know.

First of all, please take care of your health. I hope you're doing better and that you're on a good path now.
Second, thank you very much for giving some insight on your project. It's incredible to see you being so invested in it. I legit had no idea you could pay modders to fix clothing sets for HS2 characters. I knew about custom locations being built for some games, but face maps and clothing? Color me impressed.

I think it makes sense that the more serious you take your own story, the more difficult it becomes to create it. Your characters and the plot become more complex, and you have to do them justice and take into account so many small variables - things they've said, done, hinted at and felt in the past - you can't forget about any of those things, otherwise their actions might not make sense in the future, for example.

Also, keep in mind that striving for perfection is great, but that perfectionism will likely kill the fun in the long run, as we've seen from other creators and projects already!

Wish you all the best!
Thanks a lot!

Yeah, I did realize that I need to be alive to develop, who would have thought. I broke my own rules that I needed to take breaks when I should have and I didn't, so hopefully I will be able to learn from this now.

And no, really, I didn't know as well - until I really needed to fix it, and it turns out that they can sculp and port it from Blender. Obviously, it's nicer to home-grow something - that I should modify the clothes/hair/map by myself; but I honestly just did not want to add more time to the development, and I did not want to take up the path of DPC in which I would hoard every tasks under the sun for myself. That does not benefit anyone, including the supporters for myself. As for the face maps and whatnot, it's really like... let's just say I want something that doesn't resemble Lara Croft's blocky tits. I know it's hard in HS2 but I still want skins of characters to look a bit more realistic.

Right, about characters, it's true. I want to create folks that are consistent throughout the story, but at the same time, unravel their characteristics. I can't turn black to white, and no one is redeeming anything. It's still the same characters - we are all just finding more about them, just like how you date someone and the more you know about them, either you love them more, or your desire to dump their bodies behind Wendy's got more intense. I understand that people are attracted to different personalities so that's hopefully I can bring to the table - the consistency of how one character acts, for example, just as you said.

And yeah, that's something I learned the hard way. Perfectionism, that is. I felt like it's a full cycle of development - that I have been making all of the mental mistakes I made initially! :ROFLMAO: At least this time, I consciously know it's a mistake, granted a bit too late; but I'd consider it as an improvement.

Cheers!

Feb 25, 2022

Hey folks,

I've got a significant update for you all at the end of this dev diary, so I'll keep the log portion brief and open this update to the public. We've completed 42 renders and added 2 new animations, including a key one. Currently, 19 renders are still pending. The update is closer to the end than to the start.

Now for the big news... After much thought, I've decided to take a short break from development. You might have noticed the pause in Patreon billing and wondered, "Is Cyberheart being abandoned?" or "How long will the break be?". Rest assured, Cyberheart is far from abandoned. The break is primarily because I need to focus on an upcoming crucial exam in July that could determine my academic future. I'll need to dedicate more time to studying, which means less time for development.

But there's more to it. I also need this break to recharge. The truth is, the development became more of a job than a hobby, especially during Chapter 3, to the point where I was "working" on the game after a long day at work, while it should have been a time where I enjoy developing the game. This unsustainable pace led to a recent health scare that forced me to step back and reassess my approach to this project.

For now, it’s time to rethink how I handle the workload. I plan to either maintain the quality of renders as in Chapter 3 or enhance them like I am doing it now, though the latter would extend development time. To balance this, I’m considering enlisting more help, starting with a friend of mine, Mei, who might assist with scene setups.

As for when I will enable Patreon billing again, I'd say...around late July or so. That doesn't mean that I will pause on working on Cyberheart itself though, I will still continue pushing and hopefully we get something before August.

TLDR: I need a break for my exam and to prevent burnout. The plan is to streamline the development process with some extra hands. Estimated time of returning is late July, new update is hopefully out by August.

While I won't be able to spend as much time on the development progress, I will update you with development log still just in case I have any new updates on my end. I appreciate your support, and will always do.

Peppy

Ps: To compensate for the extra wait for the chapter, here's another preview.
Patreon post image.png

luckyluca01

May 25, 2020
is there going to be sexual content in the next update or at least some romantic developement (kissing or second base) with one of the girls?

Reactions: DiPeppo

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
is there going to be sexual content in the next update or at least some romantic developement (kissing or second base) with one of the girls?
Uh initially, I don't want to post this, because I don't want to spoil for everyone, so if you prefer not to know in advance, do not click:

4.60 star(s) 19 Votes