Baka_Energy_studios

Formerly 'Baka plays'
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
tuw16_intel.png

Hey hey folks, how's life?
Hope everyone is doing well.
A little update for the upcoming v0.14. Everything's fine so far. had to do some rerenders and a hot bunch of spot renders to make but I'm back on track finishing the continuation of Asako, if you chosen the option for her in previous releases. And if I can squeeze it in, there will be the "Bodyguard" plot as well going forward. Isn't that great?

Release is scheduled for the beginning of april. What else?
I don't want to brag but the art and design over the last 2 years have been changed a lot. A lot of developments had taken place, new stuff like high resolution HDRI`s are available to let the renders look fresh and crispy and all that time I think it's gotten better and better. Even so much that looking at the first few images of Softlinxxx don't look very appealing anymore. Way too much artifacts, bad lighting, bad positioning, background images switching places and so on.
So I'm thinking about to remake the first third of Softlinxxx completely anew. Considering that this would take a huge chunk of effort, time and energy Is till haven't reached a conclusion on when to do it. Maybe after 0.14 or when the visual novel has ended but I can't really tell how long Softlinxxx will still run. There's a ending, yes but as with every development there can be changes and ides to fit into the narrative so I don't know when it will end. Because of that rerendering the first third parts to do as soon as possible would be a better idea. My head hasn't made up its mind about that.
Anyway 0.14 will come out in a few weeks and it will be packed for Asako and Zandra lovers.
Have fun
Stay charged

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
View attachment 1715029

A little update for the upcoming v0.14. Everything's fine so far. had to do some rerenders and a hot bunch of spot renders to make but I'm back on track finishing the continuation of Asako, if you chosen the option for her in previous releases. And if I can squeeze it in, there will be the "Bodyguard" plot as well going forward. Isn't that great?

I don't want to brag but the art and design over the last 2 years have been changed a lot. A lot of developments had taken place, new stuff like high resolution HDRI`s are available to let the renders look fresh and crispy and all that time I think it's gotten better and better. Even so much that looking at the first few images of Softlinxxx don't look very appealing anymore. Way too much artifacts, bad lighting, bad positioning, background images switching places and so on.
So I'm thinking about to remake the first third of Softlinxxx completely anew. Considering that this would take a huge chunk of effort, time and energy Is till haven't reached a conclusion on when to do it. Maybe after 0.14 or when the visual novel has ended but I can't really tell how long Softlinxxx will still run. There's a ending, yes but as with every development there can be changes and ides to fit into the narrative so I don't know when it will end. Because of that rerendering the first third parts to do as soon as possible would be a better idea. My head hasn't made up its mind about that.
Anyway 0.14 will come out in a few weeks and it will be packed for Asako and Zandra lovers.
Have fun
Stay charged
Thanks. More Zandra, yes please...

Spamwise

Mar 29, 2020
My opinion, for all it's worth, is to use your newfound mastery to make the remainder of the game look awesome rather than making the already established intro look 'better'.

These two are basically what I play the game for, so this is great news!

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
View attachment 1715029

Have fun
Stay charged
While I do agree that the images are getting better and better, I think the early renders by no means look bad or dated. In fact, the early renders (shots of Keely in particular) are what initially drew me in with how realistic they looked. I wouldn't worry about remaking unless it is something you want to do for yourself. I would just continue and improve with each episode (which is what most of the top rated F95 games do, ex. BaDIK). Perhaps when it's done, remake, but again I personally don't think it needs it. Adding animations, however, could definitely be a bonus and would likely bring in a lot of new support. So if I had to pick anything I would say animations over a complete remake but I like the current state of the game.

Baka_Energy_studios

Formerly 'Baka plays'
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
Thanks. More Zandra, yes please...
My opinion, for all it's worth, is to use your newfound mastery to make the remainder of the game look awesome rather than making the already established intro look 'better'.

These two are basically what I play the game for, so this is great news!
bc2butt.jpg
Everyone wants a bite of dat ass

While I do agree that the images are getting better and better, I think the early renders by no means look bad or dated. In fact, the early renders (shots of Keely in particular) are what initially drew me in with how realistic they looked. I wouldn't worry about remaking unless it is something you want to do for yourself. I would just continue and improve with each episode (which is what most of the top rated F95 games do, ex. BaDIK). Perhaps when it's done, remake, but again I personally don't think it needs it. Adding animations, however, could definitely be a bonus and would likely bring in a lot of new support. So if I had to pick anything I would say animations over a complete remake but I like the current state of the game.
Keely is a well done character by the creator of that asset. She's got an awesome skin.
Had a poll about animations and most voters voted for the "not necessary" option a few weeks back.

Baka_Energy_studios

Formerly 'Baka plays'
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
Hey hey folks,
changed my e-mail account on patreon to my standard e-mail provider.
But patreon associates that one with another older account of mine from 5 years ago.
So now I can't access my creator account anymore. Already contacted patreon support and I hope this mistake will
get cleared in the next few days.

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
Hey hey folks,
changed my e-mail account on patreon to my standard e-mail provider.
But patreon associates that one with another older account of mine from 5 years ago.
So now I can't access my creator account anymore. Already contacted patreon support and I hope this mistake will
get cleared in the next few days.
Don'cha just love technology!!! YAY for US! Hope ya get it (y) all fixxorred up before too long!

Reactions: Baka_Energy_studios

Baka_Energy_studios

Formerly 'Baka plays'
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
Az1-browchoice.jpg

While I was working on a new banner and main menu screen, some girls had to get a new pose and new lighting shine on them. I realized that A-Z maybe could use some eyebrows to give her face a more nuanced look, or rather a nuanced design by the maker. Went through some assets and these two brow styles stood out to me. Both are very good looking on her but what do you think?

Poll runs til next wednesday my dudes and is open to every patron, no matter the tier.
One vote for each.

Have fun
Stay charged

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
View attachment 1724709

While I was working on a new banner and main menu screen, some girls had to get a new pose and new lighting shine on them. I realized that A-Z maybe could use some eyebrows to give her face a more nuanced look, or rather a nuanced design by the maker. Went through some assets and these two brow styles stood out to me. Both are very good looking on her but what do you think?

Poll runs til next wednesday my dudes and is open to every patron, no matter the tier.
One vote for each.

Have fun
Stay charged
Hmm, I'm probably in the minority, but I prefer her without eyebrows. Looks more android like. With eyebrows she looks like a flustered mom of three trying to corral her rowdy kids in the minivan to take them to afternoon practice.

Baka_Energy_studios

Formerly 'Baka plays'
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
Pinup-april.jpg

Spill your vote for the Pin up girl april 2022.
Poll is open for tier 2 and higher, runs til next sunday 18.00/ 6PM and everyone gets one cross ... uh, vote.
Asako and Deanna are watching this one from the bench. Gotta choose one of the other cuties this month. And yes, I updated their profiles according to their new looks. Neat, hu?
Have fun
Stay charged

Reactions: F1_V10 and Xeron_Xr

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
What turn signal fluid? Is that even a thing? Is it some mechanical hidraulics that actually turn some mirror
to flash other drivers? Was this not supposed to be futuristic and MC a tech whizz? What is going on?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: poloko and imzahai

MaxMcarnage

Dec 29, 2020
Muhahahah Being a ASS oops I mean a ASE certified Technician for 20+ years I think I may still have a gallon or two of signal fluid left over along with some belt grease if you need it

3.90 star(s) 14 Votes