Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
It's coming up to a year now without an update to this great game, at least I like the story. I am wondering if the dev has completely abandoned this game? I sincerely hope they haven't, like I said, I've really enjoyed the story and it would be a massive shame if so.

Reactions: Baka plays

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
It's coming up to a year now without an update to this great game, at least I like the story. I am wondering if the dev has completely abandoned this game? I sincerely hope they haven't, like I said, I've really enjoyed the story and it would be a massive shame if so.
I love the story...but sadly the dev has been stuck in the "re-do existing content" loop along with getting the game ready for Steam. There is a patreon post about version 1.08, but it's locked behind a paywall.
"Cyberlinxxx - Release - v1.08

Hey cyberjacks, speedhacks and techheads, here's the visual update for you. Have said everything about it already. And I don't know what to..."

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
I love the story...but sadly the dev has been stuck in the "re-do existing content" loop along with getting the game ready for Steam. There is a patreon post about version 1.08, but it's locked behind a paywall.

Hey cyberjacks, speedhacks and techheads, here's the visual update for you. Have said everything about it already. And I don't know what to..."
Gosh, what a situation to be in. It is easy for me to say something like, make the game, then make the refinements or rebuilds if needed later on, that is what EA is for. It surely would be much easier to make the desired changes after the current game cycle has been completed.

I just want the Dev to get back to work, and do the changes they feel are necessary later on when the game is either near completion (base game, in case they decide to add dlc later on) or is complete, and then they can do the rebuild to their hearts content, if this makes sense. They can use steam as a practice bed until they are ready to leave EA.

Maybe they just don't realize how good their game is, or perhaps they are doing the time dishonored act of milking their patrons. It is only a short few days until it's been a year since the game got an update. I guess, until we know more, then information he posted behind that paywall, I'll take it as initially temporarily abandoned simply because of the lack of an update in a year.

• Sad
Reactions: karumi56

Baka plays

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
Any news about an Update? :)
Soon.

Uh, I was working on the remasters for months. So, no it's not abandoned.

ngl, the remaster proved to be a bigger project than I anticipated and it takes a lot of time. I want Cyberlinxxx to look as good as possible.

Gosh, what a situation to be in. It is easy for me to say something like, make the game, then make the refinements or rebuilds if needed later on, that is what EA is for. It surely would be much easier to make the desired changes after the current game cycle has been completed.

I just want the Dev to get back to work, and do the changes they feel are necessary later on when the game is either near completion (base game, in case they decide to add dlc later on) or is complete, and then they can do the rebuild to their hearts content, if this makes sense. They can use steam as a practice bed until they are ready to leave EA.

Maybe they just don't realize how good their game is, or perhaps they are doing the time dishonored act of milking their patrons. It is only a short few days until it's been a year since the game got an update. I guess, until we know more, then information he posted behind that paywall, I'll take it as initially temporarily abandoned simply because of the lack of an update in a year.
Since the amount of renders till the VN is unfinished is unknown, it would be an even bigger project to remaster than doing it now. And I don't plan to finish anytime soon. So it's more reasonable to remaster now and keep the level from fresh new content till the end. The remasters are also useful for me to iron some things out, flaws and bumps that went unnoticed till now. And to have a constant use of my upgraded models from last year. (Trish got a new nose, Zandra got a bit more muscular and all models got new skin, except Anthea and Keely.) This way, the VN will look consistent when the remaster is done.

3.90 star(s) 14 Votes