• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Baka plays

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017

Release_v_1_0 copy.jpg

Hey cyberjacks, skyraiders, gunkheads and greasepumpers, it's here it's hot and it's ready to rock!
New and improved. Cybered and augmented. Sexier and creamier. Changelog:
550 rerendered images
-New MC background
-New Keely dialogue(a small change tbh)
-New uniforms for Geena and Zandra(Plumbella)
-A lot of assets for previous locations have been swapped for newer and better ones(Security Office, Underground Tunnel, Trish's car, MC laboratory at Plumbella) and much more.
-New animated menu
-New style of textbuttons for patreon, discord and STEAM
-Bugfixes
-New side images
-Edited out Trish+Anthea scene
Enjoy your weekend! Have fun. Stay charged. Join the discord for more personal contact with me and tell me what you like or if you encounter bugs or just for a small chat.
Get it on muh or on with a sale going on, so you even get a discount on top. And wishlist it on

Baka plays

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
dev134.jpg

Hey cyberjacks and gunkheads,

hope you're doing well.

After the release of Cyberlinxxx v1.0 some of you ran into some bugs and it's been working on right now to kick `em out. Some defaults weren't compiled correctly by ren`py I suppose, so the labels were renamed. And hopefully they work properly now. If not, don't hesitate to send me a message either here or on my discord.

As you may have recognized Promoshots and other custom renders got a visual postwork upgrade as well. I think the new process takes away a lot of the "flatness" some renders have. The new improved images should give a more "filmic" look vibe than before.

Made some space on my Win install by deactivating the hiberfil.sys which stores data for the hibernation status when switching the PC into that mode. A whole 13 GB freed up gave me enough space to install DaVinci Resolve.(A 120GB M.2 isn't enough anymore for all the stuff Windows saves along the way. Gonna get me a bigger M.2 before years ending) Been watching some tutorials about how to make a trailer since then and downloaded templates for the video editing software.

Don't know how long it takes to put a trailer together. A week, two? No clue. You will know it when I upload it here.
Til then, have fun. Stay charged.

--- Support me here on and wishlist Cyberlinxxx on to be notified when it gets released. Thanks for helping me out! ---

Baka plays

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
Here's the first cut of the trailer for Cyberlinxxx. It's a bit rough around the edges.
Guess I have to prolong some individual images, making it easier to follow through the whole minute.
Then again, nobody expects a trailer to tell the whole story, right?

Last edited:

Baka plays

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
dev_136_burning_rubber.jpg

Hey cyberjacks, fumeheads and wiremonkeys,
it was a quite busy week.
Had to help family members to pack and move things ... and OMG, I can't see stairs anymore!
5 days of stairs up, stairs down ... pure horror nightmare I tell ya. I just wanted to chill at the end of these days. Unbelievable what kind of stuff the people want to move into their new homes but half of it ends in the basement anyway. Ah well, it can't be helped.

Anyway, before all that I managed to correct the non-Cary-June path so the hero wears the correct clothes.
reviewer had some concerns about some images and possible copyright issues, those have been replaced with the remake of the first act, so I think the third review will give me the green light to finally, finally release Cyberlinxxx on .

For you patreon members, there will be a small content update before Christmas. You'll see Deanna again and probably the next bout with A-Z in the VaRena.

Next up: Cyberpet poll for december

Have fun
Stay charged

Support me here on and wishlist my VN on it'll help me a lot if you do!

Reactions: andresblinky

DavidCF

Aug 10, 2020
Thanks dude. Appreciate the help!
May I ask which editor are you using. I use Notepad++ and you can add a Spellcheck plugin that runs while you type.
I can send you screenshots of how to set it up for Renpy if you want.
I have both United States and United Kingdom English setup.

Baka plays

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
May I ask which editor are you using. I use Notepad++ and you can add a Spellcheck plugin that runs while you type.
I can send you screenshots of how to set it up for Renpy if you want.
I have both United States and United Kingdom English setup.
I got notpad++ as well but the little part of coding and writing I do is done with Visual Studio Code.
Got the Aspell spellchecker plugin and when trying to let it learn how to spell terms like "cyberjack"
it shows this pop-up.
2023-12-02_092411.png

DavidCF

Aug 10, 2020
I got notpad++ as well but the little part of coding and writing I do is done with Visual Studio Code.
Got the Aspell spellchecker plugin and when trying to let it learn how to spell terms like "cyberjack"
it shows this pop-up.
View attachment 3135779
Hi,
Just installed VScode again.
There are three different spell-checkers.
I installed them all and got the following when checking a .txt file.
It went from seeing that the string .rpy was wrong to saying it was OK all inside 5 lines
something completely wrong.
I added the Renpy extensions made the coding colours look better but the spell checking is not
happening at all.
Am not getting any errors though.

VScode_Issue.png

Notepad++_Example.png

That is the Notepad++ setup that I have. Shows how I found the mistakes in cap16. Notepad++_Example2.png

I can send you info on how to setup your Notepad++ to look like this if these screens look OK to you to work with.
In VSCode select Extensions. Look for Ren'py Language and select it. So you should have both Renpy and Python
and then in the search area type in spell. There should be one called Code Spell Checker select it as well as Aspell and then bottom right click on the word spell and then on the EYE mark that appears and then English should appear. Open a .rpy file and you should see spell checking working. VScode_SCreen 1.png

VScode_SCreen 2.png

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Baka plays

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
Hi,
Just installed VScode again.
There are three different spell-checkers.
I installed them all and got the following when checking a .txt file.
It went from seeing that the string .rpy was wrong to saying it was OK all inside 5 lines
something completely wrong.
I added the Renpy extensions made the coding colours look better but the spell checking is not
happening at all.
Am not getting any errors though.

View attachment 3136022

View attachment 3136026

That is the Notepad++ setup that I have. Shows how I found the mistakes in cap16. View attachment 3136029

I can send you info on how to setup your Notepad++ to look like this if these screens look OK to you to work with.
In VSCode select Extensions. Look for Ren'py Language and select it. So you should have both Renpy and Python
and then in the search area type in spell. There should be one called Code Spell Checker select it as well as Aspell and then bottom right click on the word spell and then on the EYE mark that appears and then English should appear. Open a .rpy file and you should see spell checking working. View attachment 3136108

View attachment 3136118

Hope this helps.
I had code spell checker already installed. It didn't mark "mnemnonic" as false.
2023-12-02_092411.png

Baka plays

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
devlog_138 copy.jpg

Hey cyberjacks, dollymollies and gunkheads,

A little update from me. Not much to talk about. Started adding achievements to Cyberlinxxx.
When you restart if you want you get them by deciding choices or reaching certain points in the game. They will also work on STEAM and they should sync properly.

When that is finished I'll upload to STEAM. Leave a wishlist to give me a little push, the more wishlist I can gather the more the algo on STEAM is going to help others see Cyberlinxxx.

After that I'm going to render the next batch of images in which you visit Deannas`Techemporium and a situation comes up. You can decide if your companion will solve it or if you take matters in your own hands.

That's pretty much what's going on and will go on for the next days/weeks.

Have fun

Baka plays

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
devlog_141 copy.jpg

Hey cyberjacks, gearheads, and skyraiders,

I'm pleased to tell you that finally the day-long sickness has gone. Still feeling a bit exhausted at times but it's going better with each day.

Work on Cyberlinxxx has been slowed down and yet this busy bee managed to work through the whole script again. Eliminating errors and flaws along the way. That was the most time-consuming part of the last week.

The "tutorial" for the ren`py shortcuts was made into a little greeting scene with Zandra instead of just one picture, so players are encouraged to read a few lines on how renpy works. Although, maybe displaying Zandra's luscious curves wasn't that much of a good idea.

:D

Splashscreen got a remodeling as well. Now the 18+ warning is placed before the logo.

And just a minor thing, you got one more choice when you choose Trish when upgrading A-Z with mods. After she punched Creetus's face, you have the option to make a joke. Yeah, it sounds like big work regarding that one.

Biggest news is that Cyberlinxxx is now being reviewed by STEAM for a definitive release.
Woohoo! Takes them 3-5 days according to their FAQ. I'm excited as hell. I'm trying to take 3 to 4 days off and play one of the new Survival games that debuted in the last days on STEAM to take my mind off the pressure.
Wish me luck!
It would be a real help if you wishlist it over there.

That's all from me today
Have fun

3.90 star(s) 14 Votes