gilgamesh9

Sep 10, 2019
It's already there. Though they need to add the "management" tag now since you have to maintain stuff like fuel and such and manage your money.

I used to really like this game before it turned into a sandbox/management game. The story and such was pretty good until the sandbox kicked in, then it was just about managing your med clinic and the story kind of got tossed aside. Last I remember before I quit, was after you got to the med clinic, you just spent all day and night sitting there, skipping time as you attended to patients. And that was it.

Don't know what's changed since then, but reading the changlog looks like you can leave the clinic now and visit other locations. Has the sandbox elements gotten better? Or is it still the same? It was kind of a mess to deal with before and honestly, rather pointless as it was just a time waster (you couldn't do anything in any of the areas. Just go to the lab and attend to patients. So the sandbox served no purpose).

I'll check out the new update to see if things have improved any though. Still not a fan of sandbox/management games, but I did like the story at least. Still wish you the best with your product, and sorry for the negative view on it, just might not be for me is all. But I'll still check it out fully at least.
Yea never really understood why people would change to sandbox because it never benefits the game or the dev (in most cases). I haven't tried yet myself but the quality looked nice.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Yea never really understood why people would change to sandbox because it never benefits the game or the dev (in most cases). I haven't tried yet myself but the quality looked nice.
I kind of think my issue with the sandbox is it is all text based. You move around by selecting choices. It isn't typical sandbox like in other games with a good UI or map to move around on, or even free roam locations. It is all just text. I think this game could benefit from a more UI friendly approach to the sandbox, rather than just text choices. Something like how it is done in Callisto, or even dare to say, Anna Exciting Affection (the new Ren'Py version, not the old RPGM version). Those have really decent sandbox styles with free roam. A map to choose locations and arrows/objects to click to move around.

I think having all those text boxes with choices where to move to is what is unappealing for me. With a proper UI for the sandbox (map and free roam locations), I think it would be more bearable and definitely improve it. While not a fan of sandboxes, I think taking the time to make the proper UI for it would be much more appealing than a pile of text boxes on the screen.

EDIT: And after finishing this one to the latest update, yeah the sandbox just ruins this game. It is nothing but a time waster to artificially draw out the content. Literally skipping through time (Monday morning, Monday afternoon, Monday night, sleep, Tuesday Morning, Tuesday afternoon, Tuesday night, sleep, etc) all through the week just to get to Sunday afternoon so you can buy fuel. Then rinse and repeat.

Sorry but I'm out. The sandbox in this game really ruins what could of been a great game. Best of luck to you FunkPunkGames with your game, but it's definitely not for me anymore.

Last edited:

CboyC95

Engaged Member
Feb 22, 2019
Okay, I see 'female protagonist' and 'lesbian' tags together, my question is can we play this game completely lesbian or we can't?

FunkPunkGames

Game Developer
Jul 13, 2020
Hello everyone and thank you for trying the game.
Wow, so many questions in so little time.

@SpyderArachnid
First of all, thank you for the bug report, I've just fixed it. About the sandbox games, let's agree to disagree. They are one of my favorite styles of games, which in my opinion can really shape and diversify the experience of different playthroughs. And, contrary to you, I think that a graphic UI can be distracting in some cases (in some of those games it was a nightmare to highlight the correct item or the wanted location). I, instead, would like to give a more RP-friendly context. There will not be a map for a reason. The locations will not be many but there will be events that will trigger when you'll pass by (based on your STATS, previous events, etc.). So instead of going from point A to D (directly), you will also need to visit points B and C (where other events will happen). This at least will be the context of CHAPTER I, while CHAPTER II will return to a less complex VN style.
As for the current state of the game, this is an old version (April) while I'm about to release the 0.05 for mid-tiers patrons. It will require time to fill the gap of an empty sandbox but the focus it's all there, by making events little by little. I hope that, when Chapter I is done, you'll try it again and see if could like it anyway.

@CboyC95
Yes, you can. You can play a pure lesbian path if you want. Lesbian events, for now, are localized at the Ambrosia nightclub. In 0.05 there will be a new optional female companion, romanceable in the future if you want.

@Astralbait
No emphasis but it's optional. It will work in multiple ways, even in reverse where your partner cheats on you (always optional). For now, it's tied up with Izy spying on you (from the shower event) while also deciding to have a discount from Isaiah the merchant.

@Kenzin20
The only way to increase Security, at the moment, is via Isaiah the merchant. He will come to visit every Sunday afternoon. Be sure not to miss him.

LazyKeks

Jan 16, 2018
No emphasis but it's optional. It will work in multiple ways, even in reverse where your partner cheats on you (always optional). For now, it's tied up with Izy spying on you (from the shower event) while also deciding to have a discount from Isaiah the merchant.
Thanks for your reply and good luck with the game :) .

• Red Heart
Reactions: FunkPunkGames

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I pretty much agree with SpyderArachnid on the current 0.4 version of the sandbox. I basically told Izy not to spy, cus it only seemed natural. Visited Ambrosia once. Then there was pretty much nothing to do except hold control and pres work work sleep until weekend to buy some stuff. At that point, I turned off the game.

You explained your reasoning, and I can appreciate that. It's also mid development and sandbox definitely needs A LOT of events within it to feel even remotely immersive. I wasn't a fan of it really. That said, I can see how this is a phase in the plot where sandbox could seem natural, as you grind your way from the bottom. In the end, it should be a game you, as the dev, enjoy working on.

Personally, I was really into it right until the sandbox. I usually play female protagonist games to basically get her corrupted and raped, but I remember you saying that you are not a fan of non-con and would give her agency in most situations. I usually have a hard time enjoying scenes unless it has a heavy male dom vibe, so I figured it would be better to play this like a real game and try to get her to "win." It certainly has a damn good story and a character that I could role play a bit. I was trying to go for the mean, selfish, self-absorbed elite woman who loses it all and learns to be a better human in the process or something like that lol. The cliche movie protagonist maybe. But yea, the sandbox kind of puts a strong break in the narrative. Maybe once you get it filled out as you envision the chapter, it might be acceptable.

The other thing I want to say is, you are definitely doing some good work man... It absolutely shows the passion you have for the game. Something like this cannot even be compared to the cookie cutter harem/incest stuff that floods the site. Yet, it's also something that won't have as much mass appeal. It requires someone that actually appreciates a well crafted story and world building. Unfortunately, most people just want to fap to their preferred tags or self insert into some wish fulfillment stuff. 10 patrons at this stage is rather small, but explosive growth is a crap shoot. You missed it. Now you are in the long grind. Good luck! I will check back again in 3-4 updates.

• Red Heart
Reactions: FunkPunkGames

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
God knows I had every intention to try playing this forgotten game again when I saw it's updated but... after the first 5 min. of idiotic sandbox changes from day to day with nothing happening I just gave up.
It's a colossal and pretty boring waste of time.
I get it, there are people who enjoy self-flagellation, mindless resources management games, and similar stuff, not judging, whoever likes stuff like that will probably enjoy it.

FunkPunkGames

Game Developer
Jul 13, 2020
I pretty much agree with SpyderArachnid on the current 0.4 version of the sandbox. I basically told Izy not to spy, cus it only seemed natural. Visited Ambrosia once. Then there was pretty much nothing to do except hold control and pres work work sleep until weekend to buy some stuff. At that point, I turned off the game.

You explained your reasoning, and I can appreciate that. It's also mid development and sandbox definitely needs A LOT of events within it to feel even remotely immersive. I wasn't a fan of it really. That said, I can see how this is a phase in the plot where sandbox could seem natural, as you grind your way from the bottom. In the end, it should be a game you, as the dev, enjoy working on.

Personally, I was really into it right until the sandbox. I usually play female protagonist games to basically get her corrupted and raped, but I remember you saying that you are not a fan of non-con and would give her agency in most situations. I usually have a hard time enjoying scenes unless it has a heavy male dom vibe, so I figured it would be better to play this like a real game and try to get her to "win." It certainly has a damn good story and a character that I could role play a bit. I was trying to go for the mean, selfish, self-absorbed elite woman who loses it all and learns to be a better human in the process or something like that lol. The cliche movie protagonist maybe. But yea, the sandbox kind of puts a strong break in the narrative. Maybe once you get it filled out as you envision the chapter, it might be acceptable.

The other thing I want to say is, you are definitely doing some good work man... It absolutely shows the passion you have for the game. Something like this cannot even be compared to the cookie cutter harem/incest stuff that floods the site. Yet, it's also something that won't have as much mass appeal. It requires someone that actually appreciates a well crafted story and world building. Unfortunately, most people just want to fap to their preferred tags or self insert into some wish fulfillment stuff. 10 patrons at this stage is rather small, but explosive growth is a crap shoot. You missed it. Now you are in the long grind. Good luck! I will check back again in 3-4 updates.
I really appreciated your post. As I said, from day one on this forum ('member?), this is not a game for everyone. But it's definitely a game I love working on. I don't mind the long grind as long as my patrons are patient with the slow development that it implies (and for now my little community is amazing). Probably in the long run many will understand my choice of doing an initial sandbox (which you immediately got right, a progressive grind from the bottom of society). As you'll progress with the game and the Chapters, in the future, also the game style will change requiring less grinding and more decisions to make (re-adopting the VN style). Since you start at the top of the pyramid, in the beginning, I wanted to give the players the feeling that they lost the privilege of not grinding for anything, and a chance to build up a different character given that story background. I know, most of the players will not give a crap about it but it was an artistic choice.

Reactions: desmosome

FunkPunkGames

Game Developer
Jul 13, 2020
God knows I had every intention to try playing this forgotten game again when I saw it's updated but... after the first 5 min. of idiotic sandbox changes from day to day with nothing happening I just gave up.
It's a colossal and pretty boring waste of time.
I get it, there are people who enjoy self-flagellation, mindless resources management games, and similar stuff, not judging, whoever likes stuff like that will probably enjoy it.
Thank you anyway for playing those 5 minutes :)
I hope you'll try it again once it will be completed, and see if we can change your mind on the genre.

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
small bug here:
KARMA.JPG
In the last option "I should just kick you out!" - it says KARMA -1 but modifies KARMA -3
And also in the previous scene CURIOUS doesn't add LUST even if it's PINK:
CURIOUS.JPG

Last edited:

FunkPunkGames

Game Developer
Jul 13, 2020
small bug here:
View attachment 1230238
In the last option "I should just kick you out!" - it says KARMA -1 but modifies KARMA -3
And also in the previous scene CURIOUS doesn't add LUST even if it's PINK:
View attachment 1230243
Thank you! I've already fixed that bug in 0.04b. The Curious option is meant to not have a Lust increase (also because this scene ties up to the discussion that you'll have with him. There will be multiple ways to start a relationship with Izy, to maintain his cameras it's one of them)

Reactions: ustar

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
I like the combo of pure VN and sandbox you got here. Usually I prefer sandbox games when it comes to female protagonists, and VN when it comes male protagonists, but what really makes me like this game is the amount of choices you get. (Elsa being busty also helps :love:) I even like the addition of the neutral choices even though I'd rarely go for them.

But I don't really get what the lust points do? Is that something for the future? Do they actually stop you from doing stuff atm? You can get them back really fast too, one shower gets you from 0 all the way back to 46.

4.30 star(s) 15 Votes