huak2123

Apr 3, 2019
Scene loads up fine and runs smoothly enough even with my old bus 1650 gtx, but the girl has no hair.
How did you do that? I've been trying remove it all the time even by using bepinex though not working, hair is the most specific thing of reducing your fps and you will get a one number fps with the hair on

3D_Adict

Oct 18, 2020
How did you do that? I've been trying remove it all the time even by using bepinex though not working, hair is the most specific thing of reducing your fps and you will get a one number fps with the hair on
just loaded the game ,the hair is on in the settings. not sure , maybe the hair only works on higher settings for a high end PC
your right though that hair can reduce fps and have an impact on the CPU due to the hair sim physics.
screenshot.png

Last edited:

Suwi

Feb 8, 2019
Just a few questions to ask that might be stupid to ask in the first place.

1.) The minimum requirements are terrifying to me. Is the game going to be optimized or improved so that the requirements could get lower?

2.) It looks pretty good and the demo is amazing already. I'm just worried that it is made in Unity and if there any problems that might arise in the future?

3.) Not a question specifically on the game itself but man I'm going to need a pretty beefy PC or a powerful laptop. Any suggestions if it's not too much to ask?

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
Just a few questions to ask that might be stupid to ask in the first place.

1.) The minimum requirements are terrifying to me. Is the game going to be optimized or improved so that the requirements could get lower?

2.) It looks pretty good and the demo is amazing already. I'm just worried that it is made in Unity and if there any problems that might arise in the future?

3.) Not a question specifically on the game itself but man I'm going to need a pretty beefy PC or a powerful laptop. Any suggestions if it's not too much to ask?
Hi,

1) I'll do my best to lower the minimum requirements.

To make it playable on lower specs, VRAM usage has to be lowered which can be done by several things I have planned: Group textures into mipmapping groups, which will make it possible to use mipmap levels as a quality setter. This is already done in the game, but without groups. The groups will make it possible to save further memory as higher resolution textures can be leveled stronger than lower ones. Some buffers are not yet included in the quality settings as it requires a bit of trial and error on what works, because with buffers, you can't just cut it in half and expect everything to still work like before(e.g. the texture buffer for fluids is always high res). Also, there is still some room to save in the lightmaps. Currently day, evening and night lightmaps are loaded with the location. I will improve this so only the daytime selected will be loaded on demand. Additionally I could build lower resolution lightmaps and control that with quality settings.

The second big thing is the hair. I will implement a card-hair fallback option with which you will be able switch to the kind of hair most games use (which is polygon bands with a texture). Getting this to look decent on unity isn't trivial but I will do my best.

Another thing I will take a look at will be character vertex decimation. I could provide multiple versions of the character models to drastically reduce polygons on lower quality settings.

There are a lot of further smaller things, but those won't have nearly as much impact as the above. And of course there is always the chance I find a bottleneck, as I continue to analyze the performance of the game

2) When Unity came out with their idiotic pricing plan, I was already too far in to switch to another engine. I will definitely have the blatant disregard for their own promises in the back of my head as I continue working. Should this game be successful, I will put backup plans in place to ensure it's not going to be a total disaster should they shit the bed again.
For Unity itself, I don't see more problems than on any other engine, as both Unity and Unreal have their own issues in different areas.
Unreal does provide a lot of the character stuff out of the box, but since I'm mainly a graphics engineer, I chose specifically Unity to do everything myself to gain a deep understanding on how things works.
Because of this, I built a framework that circumvents the places where Unity is most shit in, like their terrible AnimatorController implementation. But also other things.
The good thing about those engines is that with enough experience you can just modify them to do thing the way you want.
But Unity does have a lot features that are an advantage over other engines in certain areas, but also just personal preferences in how things are structured.

3) This is a tough question without knowing your budget. You can play the game at 60fps on ultra with a Geforce 2070 Super, which came out around five years ago. The game should still be comfortably playable on a 1080ti, but only if you can get it used for cheap. CPU wise, you'll be fine with most things that aren't older than 5 years. Of course the mobile versions of GPU and CPU are usually much more expensive if you're going for a laptop. With a bit of budget I'd recommend the 3070 or 4070 or AMD equivalent, which should qualify for the word "beefy". CPU wise, you don't need to go into the higher price range unless you need it for something specific. Most games are GPU bound and the CPU is rarely the bottleneck, though it can happen (it's common in certain genres even). Disk wise, anything is fine. It will mostly affect loading times, but even in that it's not the only factor, since things like compression also play into it. For system memory, speed is not a super big factor and depends on the rest of the system and which component is the one mostly bottlenecking the performance. 16GB is enough for most things, though more is almost always better, but won't make a difference in game performance.

Last edited:

Suwi

Feb 8, 2019
Hi,

1) I'll do my best to lower the minimum requirements.

To make it playable on lower specs, VRAM usage has to be lowered which can be done by several things I have planned: Group textures into mipmapping groups, which will make it possible to use mipmap levels as a quality setter. This is already done in the game, but without groups. The groups will make it possible to save further memory as higher resolution textures can be leveled stronger than lower ones. Some buffers are not yet included in the quality settings as it requires a bit of trial and error on what works, because with buffers, you can't just cut it in half and expect everything to still work like before(e.g. the texture buffer for fluids is always high res). Also, there is still some room to save in the lightmaps. Currently day, evening and night lightmaps are loaded with the location. I will improve this so only the daytime selected will be loaded on demand. Additionally I could build lower resolution lightmaps and control that with quality settings.

The second big thing is the hair. I will implement a card-hair fallback option with which you will be able switch to the kind of hair most games use (which is polygon bands with a texture). Getting this to look decent on unity isn't trivial but I will do my best.

Another thing I will take a look at will be character vertex decimation. I could provide multiple versions of the character models to drastically reduce polygons on lower quality settings.

There are a lot of further smaller things, but those won't have nearly as much impact as the above. And of course there is always the chance I find a bottleneck, as I continue to analyze the performance of the game

2) When Unity came out with their idiotic pricing plan, I was already too far in to switch to another engine. I will definitely have the blatant disregard for their own promises in the back of my head as I continue working. Should this game be successful, I will put backup plans in place to ensure it's not going to be a total disaster should they shit the bed again.
For Unity itself, I don't see more problems than on any other engine, as both Unity and Unreal have their own issues in different areas.
Unreal does provide a lot of the character stuff out of the box, but since I'm mainly a graphics engineer, I chose specifically Unity to do everything myself to gain a deep understanding on how things works.
Because of this, I built a framework that circumvents the places where Unity is most shit in, like their terrible AnimatorController implementation. But also other things.
The good thing about those engines is that with enough experience you can just modify them to do thing the way you want.
But Unity does have a lot features that are an advantage over other engines in certain areas, but also just personal preferences in how things are structured.

3) This is a tough question without knowing your budget. You can play the game at 60fps on ultra with a Geforce 2070 Super, which came out around five years ago. The game should still be comfortably playable on a 1080ti, but only if you can get it used for cheap. CPU wise, you'll be fine with most things that aren't older than 5 years. Of course the mobile versions of GPU and CPU are usually much more expensive if you're going for a laptop. With a bit of budget I'd recommend the 3070 or 4070 or AMD equivalent, which should qualify for the word "beefy". CPU wise, you don't need to go into the higher price range unless you need it for something specific. Most games are GPU bound and the CPU is rarely the bottleneck, though it can happen (it's common in certain genres even). Disk wise, anything is fine. It will mostly affect loading times, but even in that it's not the only factor, since things like compression also play into it. For system memory, speed is a super big factor and depends on the rest of the system and which component is the one mostly bottlenecking the performance. 16GB is enough for most things, though more is almost always better, but won't make a difference in game performance.
All I can say about this is thanks. Well, it's time for me to consider saving up more than usual in my work.

ChesseKun

Nov 1, 2019
finally had time to play it and there definitely is potential. however is it just me or do the sliders do nothing when you go into negative values? the girl is cute but would really like an option for small boobs.

Reactions: Micronz

SlyParkour

Jun 12, 2018
Really good game, could we please have option to change eye colour and have different pubes / bush (trim, full etc), that would be awesome. I also noticed the boob slider didn't allow us to make them any smaller. Once these are done then customization will be basically perfect :)

4.30 star(s) 19 Votes