VN Ren'Py Daddy Daughter Love [v0.054] [BabysWithRabys]

3.10 star(s) 31 Votes

KiraJames

Dec 5, 2017
No point in arguing with ignorance.
I was literary quoting the definition.
And country's have rules for donations. tax rules, ie. donating to a non-profit organisation vs profit organisation etc..

And your logic is flawed, come up with a better example.
The grocery store has a pack of chocolate you want.
So to get hold of the pack of chocolate you have two options.

1* pay for the pack of chocolate.
2* donate to the grocery store to get the pack of chocolate.

Looking at those two options you only have 1 option.
You can only get the pack of chocolate if you use money.

If they say you get a pack of chocolate after you donated a certain amount.
That is no different than the clerk telling you this pack of chocolate costs N amount.

However. If they DONT say you get a pack of chocolate after you donated a certain amount.
But give you a pack of chocolate after you donated a certain amount, then by definition that is a donation.

And in regards of patreon. You are not donating for a monthly service provided by patreon and its creator(s).
You are paying for it, and often there are different prices for level of access to services/content provided.

Anywho. im done arguing this with you. you can do you own research of what donations is and law/rules for your country.
This is rather off topic to the thread anyway.
I ain't reading all that, just fyi.

• Angry
Reactions: n00bi

Mr_Grim77

Feb 28, 2022
So, basically a Radiant clone?
Pretty sure Radiant is also a clone of hundreds of other games. Incest - Family stories only have one plot and not too many are smart enough or talented enough to deviate from the common tropes or pitfalls of the genre. Frankly speaking, they are all the same story just different assets used, there isn't an original story among any of the ones I've played. Then again, I'm not a huge fan of the Incest genre to begin with, so take it with the bias its derives from.

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
What was that update? Wake up, get a handjob, go to the 'gym' and enter another unfunny slapstick situation, and that's it? That's what you put between good scenes just to pad them out a bit, but that was supposed to be the update?

Reactions: hawk784563

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
What was that update? Wake up, get a handjob, go to the 'gym' and enter another unfunny slapstick situation, and that's it? That's what you put between good scenes just to pad them out a bit, but that was supposed to be the update?
I think eventually that is what happens whenever devs are feeling overwhelmed by complaints and pressure - lemme just put something out to shut them up for a while. The inevitable result of too much griping is that games you like may eventually become more likely to be abandoned if the dev feels they are in a no-win situation. Lots of posters don't seem to grasp this possible consequence and temper their posts accordingly.

Reactions: Sh4dyW0lf

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
I think eventually that is what happens whenever devs are feeling overwhelmed by complaints and pressure - lemme just put something out to shut them up for a while. The inevitable result of too much griping is that games you like may eventually become more likely to be abandoned if the dev feels they are in a no-win situation. Lots of posters don't seem to grasp this possible consequence and temper their posts accordingly.
I think people are entitled to their opinion on a game, unless it just gets to constantly ranting about it every update, in that case, they should just move on and play something else, cos constant ranting how bad a game is, is just beating a dead horse and serves no purpose.

Reactions: jI11jaCksjAkk
Oct 26, 2017
"Patreon is a monetization platform operated by Patreon, Inc., that provides business tools for content creators to run a subscription service and sell digital products. It helps creators and artists earn a recurring income by providing rewards and perks to its subscribers."

Am I missing the part mentioning "donations"? Must be in that specific developer's Tier descriptions.

1702765571394.png

Hmmm...nope. Maybe in the "Developer Notes" section here on this thread?

Back to Bi-weekly updates(3 new scenes every 2 weeks) and weekly game progression updates every Friday on Patreon and Subscribestar.
Well, I give up.

Reactions: anon8525 and n00bi

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017
You don't think that comment was 'tempered'? The last time I played this game was v0.05 and my save was in July, I couldn't tell you when the actual update was released though. So let's say that's 4 months of dev time, this update had no new sets/locations and all the characters utilised have been established, although there were a couple of wardrobe changes to set up/arrange.
  • So, firstly we have the continuation of a bedroom scene, with a blowjob. (3 characters used)
  • A gym/workout scene, with a duplicated animation for the 3 characters. (3 characters used) **Personally I found the scene dumb, and I hate the way the father is continually made out to be the clutz/butt of the jokes. It's not funny in my opinion and is the kind of skit you'd find in a kids TV movie. **
  • Finally a waiting room scene. (3 characters used)
Let's sum up what happened within the story, the MC woke up, got a blowjob, then worked out/got assaulted 'comedically'. Then spoke to a lunatic in a waiting room whilst waiting for an appointment. End of update, it's been less than half the day, probably not even lunch time. A total of 3 scenes with a max of 3 characters per render and no real story to speak of.

I can appreciate the work that goes into these games, and the fact that these developers have to keep themselves motivated even when they face criticism but that doesn't excuse them when a bad update is released. At the very least, this seemed like a bare minimum effort just to get 'something' released, when it should have been held back until a little more content was ready to go. At least in my opinion.

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
You don't think that comment was 'tempered'? The last time I played this game was v0.05 and my save was in July, I couldn't tell you when the actual update was released though. So let's say that's 4 months of dev time, this update had no new sets/locations and all the characters utilised have been established, although there were a couple of wardrobe changes to set up/arrange.
  • So, firstly we have the continuation of a bedroom scene, with a blowjob. (3 characters used)
  • A gym/workout scene, with a duplicated animation for the 3 characters. (3 characters used) **Personally I found the scene dumb, and I hate the way the father is continually made out to be the clutz/butt of the jokes. It's not funny in my opinion and is the kind of skit you'd find in a kids TV movie. **
  • Finally a waiting room scene. (3 characters used)
Let's sum up what happened within the story, the MC woke up, got a blowjob, then worked out/got assaulted 'comedically'. Then spoke to a lunatic in a waiting room whilst waiting for an appointment. End of update, it's been less than half the day, probably not even lunch time. A total of 3 scenes with a max of 3 characters per render and no real story to speak of.

I can appreciate the work that goes into these games, and the fact that these developers have to keep themselves motivated even when they face criticism but that doesn't excuse them when a bad update is released. At the very least, this seemed like a bare minimum effort just to get 'something' released, when it should have been held back until a little more content was ready to go. At least in my opinion.
I wasn't commenting specifically on your post, just responding to the apparent surprise at a small 'update' and giving my opinion on why we are that point with this dev and lots of other devs. There wasn't anything 'untempered' in your post per se, so my apologies if I was not clear with what I was trying to say.

"Patreon is a monetization platform operated by Patreon, Inc., that provides business tools for content creators to run a subscription service and sell digital products. It helps creators and artists earn a recurring income by providing rewards and perks to its subscribers."

Am I missing the part mentioning "donations"? Must be in that specific developer's Tier descriptions.

View attachment 3179723

Hmmm...nope. Maybe in the "Developer Notes" section here on this thread?

Well, I give up.
The subscription IS a recurring donation, unless you think you are purchasing a specific product when you sign up? You get perks depending on the level of your donation, but it's pretty obvious what the setup is regardless of whether they avoid using the term itself.

Where in all the stuff you screencapped do you see it saying anything about "subscribing" getting you anything tangible (i.e., that you are making an actual purchase and not a donation)??

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020
Hoping I'm not asking for a spoiler here and that someone can quickly give an answer to save a little time.

Was that absurd birth scene explained away as a fever dream/nightmare, or is this what the writing has actually become?

Reactions: Lokitox8
Oct 26, 2017
I wasn't commenting specifically on your post, just responding to the apparent surprise at a small 'update' and giving my opinion on why we are that point with this dev and lots of other devs. There wasn't anything 'untempered' in your post per se, so my apologies if I was not clear with what I was trying to say.

The subscription IS a recurring donation, unless you think you are purchasing a specific product when you sign up? You get perks depending on the level of your donation, but it's pretty obvious what the setup is regardless of whether they avoid using the term itself.

Where in all the stuff you screencapped do you see it saying anything about "subscribing" getting you anything tangible (i.e., that you are making an actual purchase and not a donation)??
Do you have to practice those mental gymnastics or does it come naturally?

That aside, you are the only one here giving your own personal definitions to words based on opinion.

Taken directly from Oxford Language dictionary:

sub·scrip·tion /səbˈskripSHən/ - noun 1. the action of making or agreeing to make an advance payment in order to receive or participate in something.

Dance around it with your mental gymnastics all you want. Patreon, unless SPECIFICALLY STATED by the creator's page, is a (as quoted above) "business tool for content creators to run a subscription service and sell digital products."

Now that is NOT to say that a creator could not use one as a donation page, or "tip jar" as I have seen several creators call it. That is absolutely within the realm of possibilities. However, a donation ceases to be a donation when you explicitly state that there is a product or service to be received by your financial contribution/currency. A donation is a one-way thing. You are giving something to someone without any expectation of receiving anything in return. Once there is a clearly stated exchange between two or more parties, it becomes a transaction. "A transaction involves a monetary exchange for a good or service."

So lets say Creator X has a Patreon set up with $1, $3, and $5 tiers described as $1 lets you see my posts, $3 lets you see my posts and images, and $5 lets you see my posts, images, and video. I decide I want access to Creator X's posts and images, so I pay for the $3 tier. That is a transaction - my $3 monthly in exchange for access to his posts and images. A monetary exchange for a good/service. Not a donation.

The inherent problem here is that you are trying to say that you can make a donation (again I emphasize - the word "donation" is being used nowhere but in your head) and be given a reward based on how much you donate. There are only two ways that it could be still considered a donation. The first would be that the person sending that money is disregarding the rewards and is making the contribution without any intent to make use of any goods or services offered under the terms stated in the creator's
Tier descriptions. The final way would be if the Creator offered no rewards at all in their Tier description.

Now to be specific to the current creator in question, one could have made an argument that there is no timeline specified on Patreon. HOWEVER, the artist HAS made timeline and amount of content promises elsewhere, so that argument is no longer valid. Anyone who signed up for the creator's Patreon page based on promises made by the creator as to when updates would come and how much content each update would contain, has a completely valid complaint if the creator fails to deliver on those promises. Because the only real statements (not incorrectly assumed definitions) made have included the creator's Patreon stating that the subscriber would get access to updates and the statement made by the creator in the developer notes of this thread that states "Bi-weekly updates(3 new scenes every 2 weeks) and weekly game progression updates every Friday on Patreon and Subscribestar".

It literally does not get any more clear cut than that. That is not assumption, conjecture, theory, or misrepresentation of the definition of already clearly defined words in the English language.

That's all the financial lesson I can stand to provide to uneducated or willfully ignorant present. If you still feel like pretending it's something it isn't, all I can say is either seek therapy or ask Oxford to change their definitions of a multitude of English terms, including but not limited to the words "transaction" and "donation".

Sidenote: I fully recognize that this forum is NOT the medium for people to voices their complaints with any hope of compenstation or resolution. My personal resolution was simply to stop paying for a subscription once I realized I was not receiving the rewards promised in the Tier description, something I highly recommend to anyone unsatisfied with the rewards they are receiving from this or any other creator. The beauty of capitalism is to let your dollar speak for you. Don't continue to support a creator that you are not satisfied with.

That aside, the main issue I have here is with the people who have come in stating that the complaints being made are invalid because a Patreon subscription is a donation and not a transaction. That is total misrepresentation of the facts. I don't mind someone who doesn't understand. But I can't abide an outright liar, especially when they use those lies to belittle or dismiss the concerns of others.

Tag me all you want. Reply until you're blue in the face. I can't wait to see what mental gymnastics get thrown around next. But don't expect a reply. I've said my piece in its entirety. There is nothing else to add and I will not get pulled into a cycle of continually repeating myself.

Reactions: Hermit76 and n00bi

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Discord Update
BabysWithRabysToday at 3:45 AM
Everyone,
DDL Version 0.054 available now for silver subscribers on and
1702999570113.png

DDL Version 0.053 available now for free on
1702999616036.png

Reactions: ArhraCole