VN Ren'Py Abandoned Daddy Issues [v0.03] [Okalix]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Okalix

Game Developer
Sep 16, 2019
Gay content that isn't furry? I thought it was possible, thank you. Hopefully we don't have to deal with 3hrs. of talking to get to H scenes.

Question - why have me click something if there is no choice? Seriously - if there is only one option why have me click it at all? If I wasn't going to follow the story I would just close out the game. Seen this a few times and never understood the logic. I'm only a couple moments in - look forward to see where this goes. Hopefully balls deep.

edit- ok. as advertised that was short. art looks good though calebs face kinda weird in the table scenes where you see him in semi profile. In the views where he is centered he looks ok - just an angry asshole. Hopefully we get to discipline him into shape at some point.

A good start. As someone mentioned earlier would have been nice to give us a "D" pic or something in there somewhere. I would do away with the non-choice choices, they serve no purpose and just irritate. Thanks, looking forward to more.
Thanks for this. All comments (praise and critiques) are helpful and welcome.

So the reason for the clickable buttons to progress in some areas are for either of couple of reasons. One being that later in development, I have ideas to come back to those sections and add alternative pathways OR interacting with the VN is an effort to help the reader feel more connected/immersed during the reading. It's a satisfaction premise, that you, clicking that button is you instigating what is happening next rather than just being totally passive.

Those were my reasonings anyway. If this seems like an annoyance or a hindrance by a majority however I will make efforts to change that going forward and retrospectively.

D pics will come, don't worry. I think there's something sexy about a build up to that kind of reveal and makes it feel like a more deserved payoff once it happens. Having said that, if it interests anyone, there are some bonus naughty pics which I upload to patreon monthly which are not contextual to the story but an extra for support.

radical686

Nov 30, 2018
Interesting start. Do you intend to let the MC be either be Dominant or Submissive? Looking forward to updates and to see the eventual direction of the content. Also, glad to see some promising gay content that is not furry.

Last edited:

radical686

Nov 30, 2018
Are you joking? THE FUCKING GAME IS CALLED, "DADDY ISSUES", IT DISPLAYS PICTURES OF 2 TWINKS AND A MOTHERFUCKING MUSCLE HOT DADDY AND LITERALLY NO WOMEN
Funny and agree, but chill on the all caps. No need to shout.

Emir55555

Apr 10, 2018
Is there even enough of an audience for this? I'm not into it, just curious if such a niche can earn you enough money. Also unfair though understandable that the male characters look waaay better than the male characters from any ordinary game.

Reactions: Okalix

LewdTheLolis

Friendly Neighborhood Lolilewder
Oct 1, 2018
I agree that Daddy issues =/= gay. Women obviously have daddy issues too. That said, the tags and offered pictures are pretty clear. Yes sometimes the tags are misleading, but nothing in the tags or presentation seems to be pointing to either bi or hetero content . . . at least not right now. The game is also all of 5 min right now, and it's pretty clear the MC is either gay or bi at a minimum. Hetero men tend not to fantasize about how hot their dad/uncle/landlord is.
Again I never once stated that the game was NOT gay or ever brought up the genre of the game in to question. The only thing that I was saying is that "daddy issues" = gay and it is not exclusive to gays as the poster pointed out. I mentioned that women also have "daddy issues", that is all I said

Last edited:
Reactions: rKnight

Okalix

Game Developer
Sep 16, 2019
Interesting start. Do you intend to let the MC be either be Dominant or Submissive? Looking forward to updates and to see the eventual direction of the content. Also, glad to see some promising gay content that is not furry.
It's 2019. Top or Btm is so 2008 ;) But seriously, the MC, I intend him to have adventures in all sorts of roles sexually.

Reactions: RyanCrossby

Okalix

Game Developer
Sep 16, 2019
Is there even enough of an audience for this? I'm not into it, just curious if such a niche can earn you enough money. Also unfair though understandable that the male characters look waaay better than the male characters from any ordinary game.
Thanks for the compliment. It took me a while to get the looks in place I was happy with. Glad you appreciate :)

And for your question... From what I've seen, it certainly doesn't have the same amount of players as a straight VN would get but there's definitely still a decent fan-base for gay content. Similarly, I may not be able to get as much support on Patreon as a straight game might, but money isn't my primary goal here. That's a big bonus to me of course, as developing a game costs in time, money and effort. But my main mission is to provide what I hope will be considered a great VN experience for an under-represented segment... The Gays! (y)

DaCore

Oct 23, 2018
Oh shit. I realised you are using the same male model, with the same hair in the same house like me. At least my game isnt a gay game. :D

Good luck with your game anyway. :) d-h40.png

Okalix

Game Developer
Sep 16, 2019
Oh shit. I realised you are using the same male model, with the same hair in the same house like me. At least my game isnt a gay game. :D

Good luck with your game anyway. :) View attachment 424703
Ha. Great minds think alike huh? Very similar but different enough I think/hope! :)

Good luck to you and yours too bud.

Reactions: DaCore

Okalix

Game Developer
Sep 16, 2019
not for me.good luck with the game.
Just wanted to say even if gay content isn't for you, I still hugely appreciate the support like this. Means a lot as a first time dev to have people wishing the VN well even though they aren't going to enjoy it 'first hand' (yes the pun's intentional).

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
It's 2019. Top or Btm is so 2008 ;) But seriously, the MC, I intend him to have adventures in all sorts of roles sexually.
But being a bottom is so gay lol Can you just be an alpha? What about sissies? I saw you say you'll add femboys and this brings me great joy. :love:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Faptime
4.50 star(s) 2 Votes