Ren'Py Completed Daddy's Goodnight Kiss [v1.1 HD] [Dirty Secret Studio]

2.00 star(s) 22 Votes

Rileyfksurmom

Sep 1, 2017
Anyoybody got the laurel_ wand _gift.rpy its not in my game apparently and i cant get into the adult store ;_;
Edit: never mind thanks Muttdoggy for that spafix.rpy

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Could someone help me understand the numbering convention for this game? The last version I remembered playing was 0.85 and this latest one is 0.22? I may not be a math whiz, but it seems like there's quite a few numbers missing in this sequence...

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Could someone help me understand the numbering convention for this game? The last version I remembered playing was 0.85 and this latest one is 0.22? I may not be a math whiz, but it seems like there's quite a few numbers missing in this sequence...
Think of it as 0.8.5, not 0.85. That's not what it was originally, but that's what it is now. 22 > 8.

Reactions: Safetydummy

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Think of it as 0.8.5, not 0.85. That's not what it was originally, but that's what it is now. 22 > 8.
O-o-o-o-kay, so it just jumped from 8 1/2 to 22? Again, not a whiz with the maths, but what happened to (oh, I don't know) 9-21? I've followed these releases pretty closely and don't recall there being 12 releases since the last time I DL'd and played it. This makes little to no sense.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Is there some type of walkthrough for this game- or at the very least, some kind of mini-guide or hints? I'm at Day 145 and everything just seems to be in this "Groundhog Day" type of pattern. No new events, actions, animations or anything.

Also, what is the point of increasing the niece's naughtiness when the stat doesn't show up next to her name? How are you supposed to know what level she's at and what level is she supposed to be at before anything happens with her? The only real stats are listed for the "D" character and those don't seem to be all that helpful either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Current progress;
  • D - up to HJ
  • Niece - Night Club BJ
  • Brenda - Dressing Room BJ & Oral (her), sex in Graveyard
  • Laurel - Nude Photo shoot
  • Flower Lady - sex in shop & apartment butt-stuff
  • Secretary - sex @Office
  • Wife(?) ) - sex (Is the wife or the mom?) If the mom, then why are you taking pictures of her cheating and worrying about divorce law? Kinda confusing.
  • Video Game Girl - Topless in back
D, Brenda, Niece stat all over 400- am I missing something?

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
There's a fair bit of work gone into this already and I'll admit the I was a little bit judgemental just from looking at the models. But I looked past that and started to enjoy the content that was there.
Something I think that would help is if there was some sort of indication that said there's no more for this character in the current version in the Status menu.

@Safetydummy
He's worrying about divorce law because in the Super Taboo universe, he's married to the woman.

Couch

Feb 27, 2018
New Guy Here - So Sorry

So! been grinding away for awhile and have got a lot of the achievements but are missing the following:
Game items 4 & 5
Emily items 13, 14, 19, 27 & 32
Laurel items 1, 6 & 7
Miranda items 2, 3, 4, 5 & 7
Sam item 5

If anyone has knowledge of these items and how to obtain them, please be kind and respond in kind, Thank you

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
O-o-o-o-kay, so it just jumped from 8 1/2 to 22? Again, not a whiz with the maths, but what happened to (oh, I don't know) 9-21? I've followed these releases pretty closely and don't recall there being 12 releases since the last time I DL'd and played it. This makes little to no sense.
There were quite a few releases since .085 and .22. Check the changelog in the OP. Also, the "Latest Updates" tab in red at the top will show you games/comics that have updated lately.

Is there some type of walkthrough for this game- or at the very least, some kind of mini-guide or hints? I'm at Day 145 and everything just seems to be in this "Groundhog Day" type of pattern. No new events, actions, animations or anything.

Also, what is the point of increasing the niece's naughtiness when the stat doesn't show up next to her name? How are you supposed to know what level she's at and what level is she supposed to be at before anything happens with her? The only real stats are listed for the "D" character and those don't seem to be all that helpful either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Current progress;
  • D - up to HJ
  • Niece - Night Club BJ
  • Brenda - Dressing Room BJ & Oral (her), sex in Graveyard
  • Laurel - Nude Photo shoot
  • Flower Lady - sex in shop & apartment butt-stuff
  • Secretary - sex @Office
  • Wife(?) ) - sex (Is the wife or the mom?) If the mom, then why are you taking pictures of her cheating and worrying about divorce law? Kinda confusing.
  • Video Game Girl - Topless in back
D, Brenda, Niece stat all over 400- am I missing something?
The stats don't seem to matter past a certain point. That point is arbitrary, and different for each girl. The only way to know it is to check the code.

The only walkthrough is the achievements. There's a completed achievement pic in the dev's patreon (for free).

New Guy Here - So Sorry
So! been grinding away for awhile and have got a lot of the achievements but are missing the following:
Game items 4 & 5
Emily items 13, 14, 19, 27 & 32
Laurel items 1, 6 & 7
Miranda items 2, 3, 4, 5 & 7
Sam item 5

If anyone has knowledge of these items and how to obtain them, please be kind and respond in kind, Thank you
There's a completed achievement pic in the dev's patreon (for free).

Couch

Feb 27, 2018
There were quite a few releases since .085 and .22. Check the changelog in the OP. Also, the "Latest Updates" tab in red at the top will show you games/comics that have updated lately.

The stats don't seem to matter past a certain point. That point is arbitrary, and different for each girl. The only way to know it is to check the code.

The only walkthrough is the achievements. There's a completed achievement pic in the dev's patreon (for free).

Thank you (On it like mirror!)

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
There's a fair bit of work gone into this already and I'll admit the I was a little bit judgemental just from looking at the models. But I looked past that and started to enjoy the content that was there.
Something I think that would help is if there was some sort of indication that said there's no more for this character in the current version in the Status menu.

@Safetydummy
He's worrying about divorce law because in the Super Taboo universe, he's married to the woman.

The models do take some getting used to- you're not wrong about that, while I've seen better- I have definitely seen much, much worse. I do kinda wish the D character had a better hairstyle though- they messy way it just sits on top of her head and not the sides makes her look like she's in Stage 3 of chemotherapy. The W/M(?) model, Brenda, and the Flower Lady aren't too bad. The Niece and Laurel seem to have the best models- and considering they were introduced later maybe the Dev has been practicing more and honing his skills. Mary, however, still looks like she has a hair-lip and was hit in the face with a board. lol

Yeah, it would be nice to know if I've just been chasing my tail for 180+ days- some type of hint or quest system to let you know what you still have to do, like the mechanics in Coceter Chronicles, Long Live the Princess, Man of the House, etc.,. OR as some of the others do- "this is all for [blank] in this current build (My Lovely Neighbors, Parental Love, Four Elements Trainer, Harem Hotel, just off the the top of my head). Something- anything like that.

Um, the son is married to the Mom? lol Is he going to end up being "His Own Grandpa" at the end of this? Is that the twist ending? :D

Also, not to ask too stupid of a question- if I just put the "@" and then a user's name after it, is that was notifies them that they were mentioned in a post or do I have use one of the console/menu buttons above this window? I'm still learning this forum stuff and every little tip/trick that I pick up really helps...

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018

I normally check the change long and considering that 8.5 was released just a couple of months ago- I didn't see that many updates since, so that's why the numbering convention seemed a tad skewed. Again, not so good with the maths...

You say the points are arbitrary? What is this "Whose Line Is It Anyway" or an Adult Game? lol Then what is the point of continuing to grind with no indication that you should have stopped, say, 100+ days ago?

What exactly do you mean by "check the code"? How does one do that? What would you be looking for specifically buried in the code?

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Also, not to ask too stupid of a question- if I just put the "@" and then a user's name after it, is that was notifies them that they were mentioned in a post or do I have use one of the console/menu buttons above this window? I'm still learning this forum stuff and every little tip/trick that I pick up really helps...
Yep, that's exactly how it works :)

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I normally check the change long and considering that 8.5 was released just a couple of months ago- I didn't see that many updates since, so that's why the numbering convention seemed a tad skewed. Again, not so good with the maths...

You say the points are arbitrary? What is this "Whose Line Is It Anyway" or an Adult Game? lol Then what is the point of continuing to grind with no indication that you should have stopped, say, 100+ days ago?

What exactly do you mean by "check the code"? How does one do that? What would you be looking for specifically buried in the code?
Some characters, like the daughter, need 80-100 points. But Miranda only needs 10 or so.

The code is in the game directory, in text files with the .rpy extension. The code is Ren'py script, which is a lot like (and based on) python.

The code is kind of a mess, with things for different people in different files. The best thing to do is a multi-file search for text you see in the game. If you want to know if there's another option, search for what you see. The other options for that conversation are usually in "if" statements near what you searched for.

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Some characters, like the daughter, need 80-100 points. But Miranda only needs 10 or so.

The code is in the game directory, in text files with the .rpy extension. The code is Ren'py script, which is a lot like (and based on) python.

The code is kind of a mess, with things for different people in different files. The best thing to do is a multi-file search for text you see in the game. If you want to know if there's another option, search for what you see. The other options for that conversation are usually in "if" statements near what you searched for.

Well, as I mentioned before I have the D, Brenda, and the Niece all over 400- so apparently, overkill much. If I've exceeded the minimum values by as much as I have- will this have an adverse effect on my game as well as future updates?

I could look through the code, as you suggested, but I really don't know if it's worth going through all that, just to discover those values. If it buggers up my game with the next update- I may just have to start anew (and hopefully the Dev will put some type of indicators in the game letting you know to stop before you're just spinning your wheels).

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Well, as I mentioned before I have the D, Brenda, and the Niece all over 400- so apparently, overkill much. If I've exceeded the minimum values by as much as I have- will this have an adverse effect on my game as well as future updates?

I could look through the code, as you suggested, but I really don't know if it's worth going through all that, just to discover those values. If it buggers up my game with the next update- I may just have to start anew (and hopefully the Dev will put some type of indicators in the game letting you know to stop before you're just spinning your wheels).
I don't recall any max value checks that matter, just minimum. Except for Sam, of course, since her scale goes positive and negative. But it's pretty low values, to distinguish between good and bad behavior. So I don't think your overkill matters.

2.00 star(s) 22 Votes