Ren'Py Completed Damsels and Dungeons [v1.2.41 Remastered] [Amaraine]

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes

tioafa4

Jul 12, 2018
I now accept the inescapable fact that I will never, ever discover whether or not the new named girls still provide their scripted content if you've appointed them to out-of-party jobs.
This game is soon going to be in severe need of a wiki. It seems like a lot of knowledge is gained through pure trial-and-error right now, unless I'm missing something.

Apr 21, 2018
Hi, Hilda the Valkyrie's HildaVoyeurShrugs label is mislabeled in girlinteractions.py as HildaShrugs in the 1.13 I downloaded. Don't know if it's a known issue, so I'll leave it here.

Yeah, Curly was "abducted", I wonder why :rolleyes:
I like my woman wild and promiscuous. AND not orc-free.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

To be honest the UI needs more of a rework then the grind at this point. Feel like we don't really need the buildings to take up so much space. The top can be made into a panel with the action buttons, the bit to the left can be made into a separate panel with the NPCs on it. The bottom can be another panel with the gold count etc.. I seem to recall some renpy games can show text tool tips when mouse-over an icon, so the actions won't take up so much space.

Good luck with that. Don't think there's a CD for actions from I've seem in the scripts. Adding a whole new data structure for that is just way too much bother for me.

t727

Jan 4, 2018
To be honest the UI needs more of a rework then the grind at this point. Feel like we don't really need the buildings to take up so much space. The top can be made into a panel with the action buttons, the bit to the left can be made into a separate panel with the NPCs on it. The bottom can be another panel with the gold count etc.. I seem to recall some renpy games can show text tool tips when mouse-over an icon, so the actions won't take up so much space.
Yeah, but this is what we currently have to endure, compared to other titles found on F95 this is still functional, but sure it needs improvement on all levels

I like my woman wild and promiscuous. AND not orc-free.
We never saw them so maybe she's just wanting attention.

Good luck with that. Don't think there's a CD for actions from I've seem in the scripts. Adding a whole new data structure for that is just way too much bother for me.
I haven't dug farther than finding and changing the amount of HP and Mana the potions restore. The price tag increases, the brave adventurers HP pool increases but not the size of the potions.
3 HP and 3 Mana, that's hard coded in the game...
Seem to be the same issue with healing spells!

Although I'm well aware that this isn't the final release there are too much that need to be changed so my rating of this game still stands unfortunately.

Apr 21, 2018
3 HP and 3 Mana, that's hard coded in the game...
Seem to be the same issue with healing spells!
Oh yeah I see that now. Potions are a bit underpowered late game I suppose. The potions, I mean, I kinda don't want tiered potions since that will only clutter the UI further. I guess you can set the heal and mana potions restore amount to be max(3, int(girl.maxhp * c)), where the heal/mana regen amount is either 3 or a portion ( = c ) of the girl's max hp rounded down.

Thing is, the character's stats never increases as they level up. You get that from getting magical items and such. So scaled heal amount is kind of pointless if it depends on a character's stats, since it don't usually increase drastically. On the other hand, most melee strikes that call the Swing function do damage that do scale to Strength, so, I guess, why not potions as well.

Incidentally Heal, Lay on Hands and Healing Word skills are scaled to intelligence, although the amount is very minor. Lay on Hands is also negatively modified by the Paladin's ac ratings so it's worse than Heal from the Priestess. The Bard's Healing Words has lower base heal amount than both. The Heretic's Life Drain is also not related to intelligence but dexterity since it calls Shoot and uses the damage done (if any) and heal the Heretic herself by the full damage amount, or a party member either 1 or the damage done - 1. Only bandage, regeneration aura, heal all and Inanna's Blessing are hardcoded. Bandage seem to heal character by 2, regen aura heals 1 at start of character's turn, heal all heals party by 3 and Inanna's Blessing by 4 and removes poison debuff.

Last edited:

t727

Jan 4, 2018
Healing based on the girls max HP works as the HP increases on a formula based on constitution(I think it's works the same as in D&D?)
Potion
girl.heal(girl.maxhp*.5)
Targeted heals
party[buff_target].heal(party[buff_target].maxhp*.6)

Figures needs to be tweaked for balance and the mana required to cast them should be affected too naturally.

Last edited:

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
Healing based on the girls max HP works as the HP increases on a formula based on constitution(I think it's works the same as in D&D?)
Potion
girl.heal(girl.maxhp*.5)
Targeted heals
party[buff_target].heal(party[buff_target].maxhp*.6)

Figures needs to be tweaked for balance and the mana required to cast them should be affected too naturally.
I think HP gets increases based on Constitution but it's not that big. +2 tops for somebody with the Hardy trait.

t727

Jan 4, 2018
I think HP gets increases based on Constitution but it's not that big. +2 tops for somebody with the Hardy trait.
I couldn't find the level up routine/method/function again but I'll look into it.
The girls get quite a lot actually.

Here's my "fix mod" if anyone would like to try it out.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018
I couldn't find the level up routine/method/function again but I'll look into it.
The girls get quite a lot actually.
Level up is a dialogue option, not a function. It's in girlinteractions.rpy.
Level up does 5 things: set character exp to the start of next level, character level increases by 1, character max hp increases by 2 or 2 + (constitution - 10)/3 and cast to integer, character spell points increases by intelligence/10 and cast to integer, and character affection increases by 5.

Also renpy loads all rpy scripts under its directories at unicode order (probably special characters first, then numerical numbers, then alphabetical characters). Newer functions of the same name get redefined to the lastest version. See .

Anyways just look at the zzAmora.rpy and zzHelp.rpy under /game, they are loaded last and contains scripts labels for the character story updates and help menu stuffs.

Just remember if your rpy files is one that contains python scripts instead of labels, it must start with a "python:" statement, and all subsequent codes must be indented accordingly (with spaces, not tabs!). Not sure about non-script files but for the files that must be run at the start they all contains a "init" call. You can check the rpy files starting with 0- under /game to find out more.

Also the "init" call can be given specific orders. I've seen it in some patches for other renpy games by calling "init -2 python:", "init 999 python" where the numerical values are priority numbers. Default is 0. Renpy runs init statements from the lowest to highest priority (see ).

When I tried it earlier (again, never worked with Renpy before), I needed to add "init python:" before the function I want overwritten. That's probably because the previous script with a init statement (02screens) does not contain a python block. Using just "python:" doesn't work, although the game compiles and runs anyway, which I think is due to the fact that the function it's overwriting is a part of an "init python" statement, therefore cannot be changed afterwards unless it's reinitialized. Anways just my two cents.

t727

Jan 4, 2018
Level up is a dialogue option, not a function. It's in girlinteractions.rpy.
Level up does 5 things: set character exp to the start of next level, character level increases by 1, character max hp increases by 2 or 2 + (constitution - 10)/3 and cast to integer, character spell points increases by intelligence/10 and cast to integer, and character affection increases by 5.
OK! :) Anyhow, having potions and heals doing static increase doesn't make sense to me when everything else is scaled.

Many Python things
I have no intention to dwell further into this programing language/script thing. but thanks.

When I tried it earlier (again, never worked with Renpy before), I needed to add "init python:" before the function I want overwritten. That's probably because the previous script with a init statement (02screens) does not contain a python block. Using just "python:" doesn't work, although the game compiles and runs anyway, which I think is due to the fact that the function it's overwriting is a part of an "init python" statement, therefore cannot be changed afterwards unless it's reinitialized. Anways just my two cents.
I've not touched python before either. The mod/fix I did just adds stuff to the original code and it works. Overriding and doing a proper mod is beyond this scope. (Or at least I can't be bothered)

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
I now accept the inescapable fact that I will never, ever discover whether or not the new named girls still provide their scripted content if you've appointed them to out-of-party jobs.
The different bits of scripted content are only available under certain circumstances, so.... some of that means that they have to be part of your regular roster, yes. Some of it means they have to be in the adventuring party going to do particular things. It varies.

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
The different bits of scripted content are only available under certain circumstances, so.... some of that means that they have to be part of your regular roster, yes. Some of it means they have to be in the adventuring party going to do particular things. It varies.
Then can you give us an option to move girls from Buildings back into the Party Roster? Cuz I don't want to have to start from scratch. Especially since you decided to make combat more difficult.

Dec 13, 2018
First up, let me say I applaud your work.
I played a previous version (not sure which as I recently replaced it with 1.13).
I enjoyed that I very much and am enjoying all the new stuff in 1.13

There are some bugs (not sure if you're already aware of them):

Next Generation Goal: Girls impregnated decreases.
I currently have 5 'Mothers' and (a different) 4 Pregnant
Yet Goal Progress is 6/12
This has been higher (7 at one point), but dropped on the next pregnancy and now seems stuck at 6

Hilda keep returning to be hired
If Hilda is currently hired, but working in the brothel she will turn up to hired again
Likewise, if you give Hilda to Azielle (i.e. after giving she turns up to be hired)
If hired, she returns with all her developed states in tact (level, gear, slave status, etc.)

Occasionally roll back causes a crash:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/girlinteractions.rpy", line 85, in script
    if char.dead:
  File "game/girlinteractions.rpy", line 85, in <module>
    if char.dead:
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'dead'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/girlinteractions.rpy", line 85, in script
    if char.dead:
  File "D:\General Games\Damsels-113\renpy\ast.py", line 1762, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "D:\General Games\Damsels-113\renpy\python.py", line 1944, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "D:\General Games\Damsels-113\renpy\python.py", line 1937, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/girlinteractions.rpy", line 85, in <module>
    if char.dead:
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'dead'

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Damsels and Dungeons 1.13
Sat Jun 08 08:01:27 2019

Last edited:

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
Which girls have scripted content anyway?

Apr 21, 2018
There seem to be a bug with 1.13 as the basic leather armor are considered the type of 'Armor', but magical and fabled leather armors are of the type 'Leather Armor'. Which looks to cause an issue where if one gets a chain mail armor or magic leather armor, the basic leather armor will not be removed.

Tested this with freshly extracted files. Console command used to make the character less likely to be killed when farm for magic items.
The cause of this are in 01pcobject.rpy and girlinteractions.rpy. In 01pcobject.rpy when checking for the npctype to generate new character, added leather armor has the wrong 'Armor' base_type. In girlinteractions.rpy when upgrading from leather armor to chain armor, it checks for the name of item, instead of the base_type (which would have been 'Leather Armor' otherwise).
There should be no more issue if the base_type is corrected, as acquire_magic_item checks for base_type, not name.

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 33 Votes