• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Completed Damsels and Dungeons [v1.2.41 Remastered] [Amaraine]

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
As a matter of fact this mod suddenly lost all of its initial attraction to me, if it won't include new renders.
Just changing some game or battle mechanics is pretty pointless to me, because this isn't what the original version of Amaraine was lacking most. For me just changing minor things adds no real replay value. ...
What renders are actually missing?
Missing a render with a BJ where the girl is fully nude?

Tbh. there are millions (at least hundred thousands) of games where we can see a scene like this. For me personally a render of this kind is not what this game makes it a valuable one to me. And missing this render doesnt make it a bad one.
But ofc I respect other peoples wish for nude BJ. I respect when ppl say that only nude BJ make a game valuable, and that it is “wasting time” otherwise.

What this game makes it an “all-time-top-ten” one in my view, is the whole package (btw. I have enough fantasy to visualize a girl being nude during a BJ, when she was nude in the scene before).

Impo, Ninoss did just a superb work on things which can be changed, like game mechanics, balancing and whatever. His work makes this old game worth to play, and I am extraordinary grateful for this. The game got almost infinite replayability, coz of bugfixing and additions Ninoss did.

If something is impossible, it is impossible, point.
Everyone has to decide then:
Love it or leave it.
I decided to love it
(and not demanding the impossible).
This game like most, if not all, erotic 3d art games stands and falls with its renders foremost.
I like the renders. They are quite well done.
If nothing is done about missing renders or including new ones, I'm wasting my time here.
If just the missing renders make this game a bad game for you personally, then ...
Farewell

Last edited:

Seewolf

Feb 27, 2019
Amusing to see this huge a polite reply over something so silly.
What an ignorant fool you are, but I see the Homer Simpson avatar suits you. ;) Unbelievable that I dared to ask Ninoss, why exactly there won't be new renders and that this created so many foolish reactions by other users, who weren't even involved...

What renders are actually missing?
Missing a render with a BJ where the girl is fully nude?
Did you actually play this game or not, if you are such a "big fan" of it? It's not even possible to miss the fact, that dozens of renders were missing, when Amaraine rushed the completion of D&D.
  • There are several full nudes missing during certain scenes.
  • The rogue seems to be the only one, who hasn't got a cumshot render.
  • Bondage scenes are completely missing, too, these use the exact same pics as the rough sex scenes.
  • Pregnant body versions disappear during sex, they switch to normal again.
  • Least but not last, there was no Maitreya content.
There is probably even more lacking, but those points above are the ones I can remember.

Tbh. there are millions (at least hundred thousands) of games where we can see a scene like this. For me personally a render of this kind is not what this game makes it a valuable one to me. And missing this render doesnt make it a bad one.
But ofc I respect other peoples wish for nude BJ. I respect when ppl say that only nude BJ make a game valuable, and that it is “wasting time” otherwise.
Whataboutism is no valid argument. This isn't about other games, it's about THIS specific game. If you had bothered to do a little research (like searching for user posts in this thread), you would know, that I was active in this thread since 2019 and this means, I very much used to like this game, despite the many flaws.

Undoubtly this game could be so much better, if someone created the many missing renders and added them to this game.

Since I like this game, I'm trying to help improving it. F.e. I brought Ninoss together with Shaneride (who did some renders back in the day). Because before Ninoss, Brigma, the creator of the harem mod, tried to add missing renders with the help of Shaneride. But Brigma isn't active any more at all. Long time it seemed like Shaneride's renders (some of them really good ones) were lost, because Brigma quit before adding them. Thanks to my efforts Ninoss added some of Shanerides art in his mod/rework. I'm gratefull for that.

You could have known, if you had bothered to do a little research in this thread.

What this game makes it an “all-time-top-ten” one in my view, is the whole package (btw. I have enough fantasy to visualize a girl being nude during a BJ, when she was nude in the scene before).
Oh really, imagining missing renders is your solution, seriously?! No wonder you've got that "The Princess And The Tower" game signature, whose creator did a lot of unsatisfying teaser scenes and hardly delivered h-content. You seem to have a fondness for missing content...

Impo, Ninoss did just a superb work on things [...].
Im also happy, that Ninoss is trying to improve this old game. But "just" changing some battle and game mechanics won't be enough for me. Simple as that and I'm being honest here. Nonetheless I appreciate Ninoss' efforts.

If something is impossible, it is impossible, point.
It's not impossible in general. Where is your ability to imagine things gone now all of a sudden, huh?

Shaneride already created fanart back in the day and used the same daz3d assets as Amaraine. It's also not that hard to find out, which assets Amaraine had used for someone, who has got enough daz3d experience.
So someone with daz3d skills, who really loves this game and also would like to see it improved, could create additional renders (maybe even for free like Shaneride did years ago).
It might not be possible for Ninoss for the time being, since he can't afford to hire someone, because he creates no income with his efforts to improve the game. I acknowledge this.

I decided to love it (and not demanding the impossible).
If it was for people like you, we as humaity would still be sitting on trees, I guess... "The impossible" ...lol!
Anyway I'm not just talking, I actually did something to improve this game, despite not being a daz3d artist nor being a modder.

Last edited:

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
I was reading your post Seewolf. Have a nice day :)

FYI, I played this game.
And I did not miss the fact that lots of full nude Pics are missing. Bondage, pregnancy, Maitreya and whatever.

So what is YOUR solution then? Impudent demands - and insulting ppl in cynical ways? Does this lead to anything?
Did you read Ninoss remarks about renders and hard coding. You did ofc.

It’s a No-Brainer, that I personally prefer not to have missing pics and things. So what are you assuming about me?

And about my (quite old) signature: Dev calls “The Princess and the Tower” complete, but confesses, that there could be much more, and that he will expand it probably sometime later. I have contributed with ideas (and will continue ofc). Difference is, this dev is the original one, so it is easy for him to expand the game. Until then, it is still one of my favourites – even as it is now. With replayability.

Last edited:

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
... Primary attack of the Pala gets buffed by the no. of traits the girl has when you finish her class quest.
Aha, now I guess I understood your description (better late than never ).
Traits count until the quest is finished only. Traits after that do not count any more. Right? Good to know.

- - (ingame text is not really clear about it. I thought, all traits count, also those collected after the quest.) - -

Strategy: Let the Paladin collect traits as soon and as much as possible from very beginning, until she has all she can get. Only then start for the quest. Wow, that makes her possibly the strongest frontliner of the game.

Last edited:

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Lots of ppl posted their most favourite fighters for their elite team already, but mostly from older versions.

I will post mine after trying out 1.2.4
Would be very interesting to read about other choices, experiences and (dis-)advantages, also synergy effects.

Sep 21, 2019
Lots of ppl posted their most favourite fighters for their elite team already, but mostly from older versions.

I will post mine after trying out 1.2.4
Would be very interesting to read about other choices, experiences and (dis-)advantages, also synergy effects.
Yeah I agree, how about what people think of worse characters? My pick would be bard or ninja. I don't think there is a contender for best comp with them inside. Even the starting Valkyrie's skill is not that great: you need to make sure you last hit the mob to get the heal, it can become a bit awkward trying to make use of it.

Reactions: Rolo

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Yeah I agree, how about what people think of worse characters? My pick would be bard or ninja. I don't think there is a contender for best comp with them inside. Even the starting Valkyrie's skill is not that great: you need to make sure you last hit the mob to get the heal, it can become a bit awkward trying to make use of it.
Impo there is no real bad one in the game. All have their specialities, and all make fun to use them. But ofc, there is a second team, and a third/forth team.

“Valkyrie's skill” – yes, its kind of roulette, not really controllable. But when it works, its strong. A Hunter (or Archangel) in the same team e.g. has a good synergy effect. Doing something else and leave the last hit for the Valkyrie. Hope she will not miss then.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
About choosing fighters

Starting team. Frontliners

Best impo is Harbinger, with her chance for multi-attack. Not as strong as the Amazon and lacking HP and constitution. Needs lots of healing. But with her skill, her attack is unique.

Amazon is the strongest, also with high constitution. But she is a bit slow (initiative, dexterity).

Valkyrie is, compared to Amazon, obviously weak. And her healing skill is random to a high grade.

Rogue is the least desirable I would take for the starting team. Although with manifold fighting skills, she is just too weak and defeated easily. Her ability to open crates in the catacombs is disappointing, since we can find crystals in many places without her.

Starting team. Backline Supporters.

Priest
is the ultimate Healer and absolutely necessary not only for the starting team, but also for the longterm elite team. And in addition to that, both her blessings make her superstrong.

Hunter is quite useful with her ranged attack. She can choose her aim freely, or mark it.

Druid has many various skills, but is nowhere real outstanding. I think she is acceptable as frontliner after she finished her quest (bear) and collected enough strength. She is quite stable then but doesn’t deal much damage.

Worst is, impo the Enchantress (possibly in the whole game). She can do some ranged attack, but her special skill (charm) is not of much effect (in my observation – maybe I am wrong).

Resume:

Best starting team is: Harbinger, Amazon, Hunter, Priest.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Now lets see who will join next.

If it was not about money I would say: “Paladin”.
But money is short and 250 gold is a lot. So, I go for the Sorceress at the dominas (chateau). She comes totally for free.

Sorc is by far the best ranged attack fighter. Her fireball hits ALL opponents (up to 4/4) with a 100% chance. And she hits hard. Needs a healer now and then ofc.

Until I have the money together for the Paladin, I go for the quests for Harbinger or Priest.

Then go to the temple for Paladin. She soon will be the no. 1 fighter in the frontline of the elite team (beside Harbinger). But until she has collected enough strength, she will replace the Hunter and feed the Priest with mana (pray). She should – asap - collect all traits she can get. And then do her quest.

Temporary elite team: Harbinger, Amazon, Paladin, Priest.

After some fights, Paladin has collected some strength and Sorc some intelligence.

Final elite team is: Paladin, Harbinger, Sorceress, Priest.

As for blessings, I prefer “fire” for Sorc and “lightning” (3rd choice) for Priest.

Choice for 2nd, 3rd, 4th team is not fixed. Depends on the outcome of the game. Teams sometimes get mixed up. Dead fighters get vitalize potion after coming back through mana. Until full recovering, others get their place in the team.

Jun 30, 2018
1.2.3_REMASTERED version of the game!

I've Notably upscaled everything from 720p to 1080p, re-worked the combat system, updated some UI, corrected visual glitches and bugs, done some QoL, balancing, performance and file size optimisations and much more..

I always liked that game but replaying it I found that it could have some upgrades, Amaraine if you're still there, thanks for your work!

That's kinda sad to really see that health issue forced the dev to abruptly stop.. Damm life!
Some part of the code were left un-finished or disabled, I tried to restore/finish most of it ;)
The combat system now requires more from the player, if you're not a tryhard : set the 'easy' monster scaling setting.

I play-tested a lot but I'm not sure about the balancing of mobs and skills so let me now if something feels off.
Please report any bugs or balance issues, I mean it's probably the last chance to get them fixed as I have a pretty accurate understanding of the game's code at the time.

Changelog:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Not working on joiplay

Zhaios

Oct 9, 2019
Is it possible to raise the maximum amount of Attention? My Char is getting a bit to popular >.<

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
Make some of the girls slaves or concubines and then they won't be so needy. (It prevents them from demanding your time every night).

• Hey there
Reactions: Rolo and Zhaios

Ninoss

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 20, 2017
1.2.4_REMASTERED is OUT!

A Map, renders, balance, new spells and ennemies, brothel rework and many more things.
Merry Christmas, that was quite some work for this period, I hope you'll like that update!
Gofile.io folder :

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
1.2.4_REMASTERED is OUT!

A Map, renders, balance, new spells and ennemies, brothel rework and many more things.
Merry Christmas, that was quite some work for this period, I hope you'll like that update!
Gofile.io folder :
Thank you for taking your time (beside your main project and holydays). Changelog looks fine ...

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
1.2.4_REMASTERED is OUT!

A Map, ...
Map is great, feels like a valuabe addon to the game.
There is a bridge between Eastern Woods and Blood Plains. Does this makes sense?

Edit: There is no direct way to reach the desert. May be in the west, there could be a land-connection to the desert (or through the lake).

Last edited:

sbarabaus

Dec 29, 2017
i'm playing 1.18.2 and i have a bug, i can't build something and i'm limited to 12+3 spots so i can't satisfy the harem goal

apparently i killed the lich king too soon
is there a file i can change to hotfix it?

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes