Ren'Py Completed Damsels and Dungeons [v1.2.41 Remastered] [Amaraine]

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes
Sep 21, 2019
My WISHLIST for future updates, if any (Basing this off my playthrough of the Original Game - Haven't tried the REMASTERED yet, since it doesn't seem to allow me to run the script, even after I've already set it to EXECUTE. Am on OpenSUSE Tumbleweed Linux Distro.)

Unique Recruitable Girls (Scripted, according to the Code, looks like):
- I think Hilda (Valkyrie) should start with the Proud Trait (alongside her Strong Trait). I think her Class Namesake often take pride in their work, right?
- Also, Amora (Enchantress), I believe, would be better suited to the Promiscuous Trait, instead of Proud. I'm basing this off the interactions PC has with her throughout the course of the Game
- Anyone else think that the Paladin inRaphaelle's Temple Quest should also be a Unique Recruitable (READ: Scripted)? Seems to me the wording of the Temple quest implies, that she's eyeing someone in particular...If she wasn't I'd imagine the wording would simply be something like "Head to the Temple and recruit a Paladin that could assist you blah-di-blah-di-blah..."
The first two are easy to do (but maybe not desirable because balance? idk), the third one... requires effort.
I think before getting ambitious with any significant game changes, someone motivated should take the effort to factorize the code.
Even the coder behind the remaster seemed annoyed at the current state of the code atm... see below xD

02defaults.rpy is 700 lines of harcoded values for various things ranging from images, girl status, world events, quests, factions, npcs.. ..
Even if I wanted that's just too un-scalable to be sustainable. But tbh many RenPy's game suffers from this and the engine really don't like it, as you could just use basic Python class to store all of the mess ^^
But yeah just imagine what would the quest tracker would look like with those hundreads of variable sparsed everywhere to keep track of (and even more time consumming if you're not the original creator and don't have a clue where things are) :oops:

View attachment 3128509
View attachment 3128512 View attachment 3128516

Reactions: Rolo

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
In the remastered version, is there anyway to get the girls to retire other than putting them as a manager or in the brothel?

Cause one of the nice things about the harem mod was that you could ask your concubines / slaves to stop adventuring so you don't have to keep paying them a ton of money to keep them around without having to dismiss them.

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
No (afaik)

Edit: The last patches of the remastered version have an incredible increase of cost per girl (specially for upgraded ones).
This means a lot of challenge with money management, decision how many girls you can afford. No totally unbalanced money abundance. This means a much more thrilling game play than the previous versions.

My upper limit is 18 (one from every class). 12 fighters, 4 managers (endgame) and 2 reserve fighters.

If case you prefer to have much more (up to 99) girls (for whatever reason),
I would recommend to not upgrade girls who are no fighters. Lvl. 1 girls will cost almost nothing.

Last edited:

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
I would recommend to not upgrade girls who are no fighters. Lvl. 1 girls will cost almost nothing.
That doesn't work cause the girls who you don't level up lose 1 affection every day you don't level them up. Which means you either have to bribe them to stay since they get negative affection or you somehow have to get their lust to constantly bang them which is difficult to do if they have no affection in the first place.

Sep 21, 2019
That doesn't work cause the girls who you don't level up lose 1 affection every day you don't level them up. Which means you either have to bribe them to stay since they get negative affection or you somehow have to get their lust to constantly bang them which is difficult to do if they have no affection in the first place.
I guess that's another reason to reject incoming girls besides bad traits.

Reactions: Rolo

aesir150

Jul 5, 2017
Exactly. Never felt the urge to have more than 18.
The issue has nothing to do with the amount of girls. It more about once you beat the game and just kind of want to casually play as a sandbox / sex gallery without having to constantly send them on raids. Because having more girls actually makes it easier to sustain your operations since it allows you net more profit every week.

Where as when you have limited amount of girls they eventually have lower rate of returns because they cost more, but don't make more from adventuring.

The nice thing about the Harem mod was that it either just straight allowed you to stop paying your girls (or it halved their pay) that you told to stop adventuring. Which allows you to just have sex with them / use them as breeders / use them roughly / chain them up without having to pay them once you gave them enough fetishes to get their affection high enough.

That whole problem with hiring girls and not leveling them up which is that they're absolutely useless if you want to use them for any sexual purpose cause they just sit at low affection the entire time, because they are just borderline -5 to like 5 affection and generate basically no lust.

At this point console commands can resolve most of the issues, since you can give yourself unlimited money or just give them affection. But I rather have a more "lore friendly" way of doing so.

Janus6966

Oct 15, 2023
I think what I appreciate most about this game, is that you can have sex with girls that still have parts of their clothing on. The thing that frustrates me with most games, is that they'll show girls in all kinds of sexy outfits, but as soon as sex is initiated, the sexy outfits evaporate. Nude is boring!

Jul 12, 2023
PLEASE DO NOT TROUBLE YOURSELF WITH THIS POST AT THIS TIME...

I REALLY REALLY DO NEED TO GO TO BED... (it being 3:42 am here in UK).

BUT MY INNER DICK SAID THAT ONLY ONCE I/WE HAD GOTTEN Damsels & Dungeons working....

What is worse is I am making this post all pretty & fancy... BUT STILL NEED SLEEP... :unsure:
==========================================
WHAT THE HELL IS IT WITH THIS DAMN GAME?

1. Ok downloaded Game DLC...
  2. extracted GAME-DLC into a folder called Damsels...
  3. downloaded Harem-DLC...
  4. extracted Harem-DLC contents to where specified...
Same as I have done with a dozen or so other games..... HOWEVER..... Game doesn't start, then I notice a new text document in the main Damsels folder saying: 'ERROR' upon open said document with Notepad.....

>>> I opened the document seeing something about some .rpy file(s) shown or showing something twice. <<<

>>> ON LINE: 'One' & ON LINE: 'One Hundred and something'. <<<

Sorry but I have just deleted the lot in a foot stamping toddler tantrum!
:mad:
AND this >>>above<<< is why I am not bitching OR blubbing MY EYES OUT to anyone specifically. I AM NOT HAVING A GO AT ANYONE. I AM WHINING ALOUD AS IT WERE. TO MYSELF. SO GUYS PLEASE IGNORE MY WHINING.

OH & I KNOW IT WORKS COZ IF I RUN GAME FROM INSIDE THE ZIP DLC IT WORKS! :unsure:

WELL TIME FOR BED SAID ZEBEDEE! lol now it is 4:25 am here on the UK's east cost.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: sonhot

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
PLEASE DO NOT TROUBLE YOURSELF WITH THIS POST AT THIS TIME...

I REALLY REALLY DO NEED TO GO TO BED... (it being 3:42 am here in UK).

BUT MY INNER DICK SAID THAT ONLY ONCE I/WE HAD GOTTEN Damsels & Dungeons working....

What is worse is I am making this post all pretty & fancy... BUT STILL NEED SLEEP... :unsure:
==========================================
WHAT THE HELL IS IT WITH THIS DAMN GAME?

1. Ok downloaded Game DLC...
  2. extracted GAME-DLC into a folder called Damsels...
  3. downloaded Harem-DLC...
  4. extracted Harem-DLC contents to where specified...
Same as I have done with a dozen or so other games..... HOWEVER..... Game doesn't start, then I notice a new text document in the main Damsels folder saying: 'ERROR' upon open said document with Notepad.....

>>> I opened the document seeing something about some .rpy file(s) shown or showing something twice. <<<

>>> ON LINE: 'One' & ON LINE: 'One Hundred and something'. <<<

Sorry but I have just deleted the lot in a foot stamping toddler tantrum!
:mad:
AND this >>>above<<< is why I am not bitching OR blubbing MY EYES OUT to anyone specifically. I AM NOT HAVING A GO AT ANYONE. I AM WHINING ALOUD AS IT WERE. TO MYSELF. SO GUYS PLEASE IGNORE MY WHINING.

OH & I KNOW IT WORKS COZ IF I RUN GAME FROM INSIDE THE ZIP DLC IT WORKS! :unsure:

WELL TIME FOR BED SAID ZEBEDEE! lol now it is 4:25 am here on the UK's east cost.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
Latest "Remastered" version works just fine (harem mod obsolete!).

Quiller

Jul 2, 2018
Are other people using the monster level scaling? I'm finding the Lich King fight impossible with just the easy scaling. My parties are going in with potions, AOE healing and target healing, but the healing amounts don't scale much with level and the Lich's fireballs with vampires tanking with life stealing is a hard combo to keep up with. It shouldn't be an easy fight, but I'm not even able to take down one of the four opponents. (I went in with Paladin, Harbinger, Ranger and Druid the last time, I also tried with Harbinger, Rogue, Druid and Priestess before that IIRC). Also is monster scaling based on the average level of the party, or gametime, or what?

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
Are other people using the monster level scaling? I'm finding the Lich King fight impossible with just the easy scaling. My parties are going in with potions, AOE healing and target healing, but the healing amounts don't scale much with level and the Lich's fireballs with vampires tanking with life stealing is a hard combo to keep up with. It shouldn't be an easy fight, but I'm not even able to take down one of the four opponents. (I went in with Paladin, Harbinger, Ranger and Druid the last time, I also tried with Harbinger, Rogue, Druid and Priestess before that IIRC). Also is monster scaling based on the average level of the party, or gametime, or what?
I have beaten him on easy scaling (the default). It's been a good while though - I don't recall much about it. :)

Sep 21, 2019
I don't remember how I did it, but I think a team of
Harbinger (is that the one that can tank? Don't remember), Paladin, Sorceress (mass fireball quest), Priest (mass healing quest)
can do any fight in the game.
Swap sorceress with paladin to regen mana so the priest does not waste a turn drinking a potion, and swap back (do we need to swap?) to cast AoE fireball when you have too much spare mana to use. I think you need to buff the paladin's int for maximum mana regen (?) or at least enough to constantly spam healing/fireball spells every turn. So every turn you can (maybe?) spam the mass healing, and let paladin regen the mana of your team members while the paladin is on the backline.

Let the tank soak any single target damage with maxed constitution, the tank does not need to do damage: the sorceress should be enough, and the spam of healing spells will keep the whole team alive.

I don't remember too much so maybe what I am saying is not viable...

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes