Ren'Py Completed Damsels and Dungeons [v1.2.41 Remastered] [Amaraine]

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes

p22

Jun 21, 2017
While I like generally idea of Angelic Dreams spell, to exchange traits for stats, the problem is that there is limited amount of loot that character can take. Thus, if they get filled, character can not anymore gain new traits. There is no option to remove items that do not give traits anymore.

And sorcerer character is most problematic, due to having 2 slots total.

p22

Jun 21, 2017
Try reworking Amazon "walking naked" model. It looks less reveling that one with just breast revealed, due to pose used.

Additionally, try moving dialogue to not be over the model itself. Alternatively, move the model to the side. Or at least have H shortcut also as a button on the screen.

Also, most of the monster models are really bad. Try replacing them in future with something better.

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
While I like generally idea of Angelic Dreams spell, to exchange traits for stats, the problem is that there is limited amount of loot that character can take. Thus, if they get filled, character can not anymore gain new traits. There is no option to remove items that do not give traits anymore.

And sorcerer character is most problematic, due to having 2 slots total.
Thank you for all your feedback!

In the latest version (0.2), Sorceresses have 4 slots (Ring,Amulet,Belt,Wand).

In the next build, stats and fetishes will be displayed on the screen where you assign magic items, so it will be easier to avoid giving an item with a duplicate fetish if you want to avoid that. There are currently 4 slots, and 4 fetishes, but the number of fetishes will probably increase faster than the number of slots with further versions -- it really isn't intended for one to be able to give all the girls all the fetishes. Use of Angelic Dreams is optional.

In any case, 0.2 also introduces the spell Demonic Dreams, which has the chance to add a random fetish without taking up an item slot. Items are the main way fetishes are gained but they are not going to be the only way.

I'll take a look at the Amazon model today. I'm aware of the monster models not being the best, and they'll be replaced when I can hire an artist to fix them -- I don't want to pretend they're going to get better in the short term, because they're going to remain low priority.

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

version PC: ,
version MAC: ,

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016

version MAC: ,
Thank you @Bip !!
Updated the game and the OP :eek:penedeyewink:

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
"In Damsels and Dragons you play a man who is managing a group of female adventurers"

aaaah, pity. so it's not a game where i could play as a dragon "rescuing" a princess? :FeelsBadMan:

but a game with some roundscape touch isn't bad either ^^.

Reactions: ShadowManNor

Morbooze

Jul 27, 2017
@Amaraine, why not just work on one game at a time? I don't want to be rude, but I just don't understand the logic behind getting a game partly done then switching gears to a new one.

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
@Amaraine, why not just work on one game at a time? I don't want to be rude, but I just don't understand the logic behind getting a game partly done then switching gears to a new one.
Well, time is limited, of course. But one can be passionate about more than one thing. For some people, the idea of having more than one girlfriend -- they think why would you do such a thing? And others think, why wouldn't you?

For me, what would frustrate me would be being totally in between projects. So when I start to see the end in sight on one, I want to start getting the next one going.

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017

version Mac: ,

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes