Ren'Py Completed Damsels and Dungeons [v1.2.41 Remastered] [Amaraine]

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

version PC: ,
version Mac: ,
OP Updated thank you to @Bip (may you find an avatar some day...)
Thanks for the update guys!!! :eek:penedeyewink:

Reactions: ginger

Oshitari Azumi

Who's the strongest Nobbu?!
Donor
May 23, 2017
I love this idea! Having and D&D-esque game but with more emphasis on stuff like in the Book of Erotic Fantasy is super cool! Although, it is kinda hard to see health and stuff like that when adventuring. I just booted it up to try and see, and my party ran into a vampire. It isn't a huge problem, but it is kinda hard to see that vampire's health when it's blending in with a white pillar that's in the dungeon. Again, super cool game and I hope there'll be a lot of support in the future, although there are some minor kinks that could be worked out.

phreakinowski

Dec 1, 2017
Just played this for the last couple hours and really enjoyed it, more then expected in fact. Looking forward to seeing more quests and content, but there is quite a nice amount there already and I encountered no bugs. I stopped when pretty sure I had unlocked everything yet available and have a harem of 10 ridiculously horny badass warrior women... not bad at all!

Reactions: Amaraine

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Seems like it should be RPGM but I'll check it out
I understand this reaction. I love maps -- they are a wonderful way to convey information. What has struck me about most RPGM games is that the maps actually end up obfuscating information, instead, so that you're wandering around trying to remember where some NPC is so that you can talk to them to do the next thing, and you spend a bunch of time doing that instead of just click that you want to talk to Fred. For a little while, the map movement creates a feeling of place and wonder, but the more you play the more it just becomes a user-unfriendly interface. So I wanted to take Damsels in a different direction.

I also suspect that not everyone wants chibis all the time. :)

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:9A25A0BC72C0F606B3FC32BFD950A4DA7FD088AF&xl=215012503&dn=Damsels_and_Dragons_0.5.torrent

It works copy the link in your address line and use enter and it start. (When you have problems).

U

User_10739

Updated OP to v0.5-pc will add Mac if/when available.

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
Playing right now, looks very good so far. Someone already said it, but I like the old AD&D feel in this will definitely keep an eye on it.

Troll

Apr 22, 2017
Just a suggestion : Try adding a dark border / background behind the name & hp of the adventurers. Sometimes the the numbers are lost on the light background, especially in Dark Woods

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017

PC version: ,
Mac version: ,

Thanks @Kasey ;)

Reactions: lTTMl and Vespak

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Just a suggestion : Try adding a dark border / background behind the name & hp of the adventurers. Sometimes the the numbers are lost on the light background, especially in Dark Woods
Thank you. There will be something like this in the next released version.

Arrdvark

Jan 23, 2018
I have v0.5 on Windows 10. When I select ADVENTURE, no options show up. I skipped the into and I am using the default characters.

phreakinowski

Dec 1, 2017
Just curious, are saves from the previous build not supported/not working for anyone else? I tried using my last dozen or so save points and they all result in an exception and no way forward. Do we need to start over with this build?

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
Just curious, are saves from the previous build not supported/not working for anyone else? I tried using my last dozen or so save points and they all result in an exception and no way forward. Do we need to start over with this build?
I believe that in the notes about this build it says he actually tried to do as many of the changes that would break saves as possible to lower the chances/frequency of having to kill old saves in the future.

thats a long winded way of saying yes we need to start over with this one :p

Reactions: phreakinowski

phreakinowski

Dec 1, 2017
I believe that in the notes about this build it says he actually tried to do as many of the changes that would break saves as possible to lower the chances/frequency of having to kill old saves in the future.

thats a long winded way of saying yes we need to start over with this one :p
Fair enough, and it was pretty enjoyable the 1st time thru anyway.

Somtaaw101

Jun 14, 2017
Only two things I see that this needs. Adjust the girls actions so "strike" doesnt keep shifting positions, it constantly bounces between the top 3 slots depending on the class of the girl you're about to use. Early game this helps, but when you're powerful enough that you are literally just farming dungeons by auto-attacking, this gets very frustrating to have to constantly see where the auto-attack moved.

Second issue: Player actions per day doesnt go up as you level the girls, but the mana gains from sexual acts is very low. This is leaving the player unable to properly balance giving affection/sex versus getting back out and farming the various dungeons for the gold you need to keep paying any unhappy girls in the first place

Otherwise, generally quite enjoyable.

Reactions: Troll

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Only two things I see that this needs. Adjust the girls actions so "strike" doesnt keep shifting positions, it constantly bounces between the top 3 slots depending on the class of the girl you're about to use. Early game this helps, but when you're powerful enough that you are literally just farming dungeons by auto-attacking, this gets very frustrating to have to constantly see where the auto-attack moved.

Otherwise, generally quite enjoyable.
Thank you for the feedback and kind words. I read this and messed around with some changes, and the basic attack option will no longer shift around as of the next version.

On the other question -- what I'm seeing in my test games is actually a runaway money problem. What you seem to be encountering is a runaway lust problem, and not enough money, so I wonder what we're doing differently. PM me if you'd like to explore that further.

Reactions: phreakinowski
3.60 star(s) 33 Votes