• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Completed Damsels and Dungeons [v1.2.41 Remastered] [Amaraine]

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes

Ophoenix

Aug 19, 2017
So, I really enjoyed the last version of the game I played through and was excited to see the update. The balance of kink vs "pure" desire is interesting and I enjoy the story thus far. I am a big fan of D&D and fantasy so this is a big hit for me.

That said, I noticed that instead of randomly generating a new fetish for an adventurer, the spell Demonic dreams only creates one specific fetish, the one revealed by Demonic Desire. This is a really big downside for me, since it limits the ease with which I can customize the adventurers. My goal of a harem filled with voyeuristic, exhibitionist, bisexual submissives is just that much harder to reach, since you also must bestow any found objects on the spot.

I noticed the creator at least occasionally reads this post, I wanted to bring up a couple of ideas. Since previous posts indicate that for game balance, he doesn't want each adventurer to be able to unlock all the fetishes, here are my suggestions.

1) Either alter demonic dreams to have a higher cost, (either in mana or affection) and allow it to change which fetish the character is drawn to OR create another demonic spell to change the inborn fetish OR allow demonic dreams to be cast multiple times on a character, removing the old fetish and generating a new fetish in its place (as the dreams twist the characters desires around).

2) Create a new spell or alter an existing spell to allow the MC to select an existing fetish and change it to either A) (personal preference) a fetish of your choice, or be a random new fetish.

3) In addition to the previous suggestions, a treasury option would be great. The ability to gather up items at the castle and distribute them to the adventurer of your choice or sell them for gold would be great. It could be offset by an affection penalty in the field if you choose not to bestow the item on the spot.

4) Either have an option not to give an item that duplicates an existing fetish to a character, or make it so that selling an item that duplicates the fetish doesn't remove the fetish. It is really annoying when I have say a ring of INT and Masochism, and I gain a belt of Masochism. I have to sell both items and hope I get another ring with a stat boost and masochism if I want the girl to have 5 fetishes.

As it currently stands, I have to hope that the inborn fetish is one of the ones I want, and I have to keep running back to the temple to exchange out items with fetishes I don't want, which is just kind of grindy.

Anyway, just my two cents, and keep up the great work.

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Took me a bit but figured out cheats. roster[x].affection = y affects affection for each girl. the x referes to the girls in order top to bottom starting at 0 for the top. I tried changing combat stats and hp for the girls and it bugs the game and kills them every time you go on an adventure. other cheats are simple. mana = y, attention = y, gold = y.

Somtaaw101

Jun 14, 2017
Thank you for the feedback and kind words. I read this and messed around with some changes, and the basic attack option will no longer shift around as of the next version.

On the other question -- what I'm seeing in my test games is actually a runaway money problem. What you seem to be encountering is a runaway lust problem, and not enough money, so I wonder what we're doing differently. PM me if you'd like to explore that further.
The runaway lust was an experience from versions 0.2 through 0.4, I had 5 girls with upwards of 500-600 lust & affection, because it was very easy (then) to manipulate all my girls to be submissive, exhibitionist, voyeurs. I still have a save from 0.4 if I can figure out where they're kept and whether it's seperate from my other saves.

In addition, in those older versions, once I figured out I couldn't actually 'tend to' more than 5 or so girls, I deliberately got rid of the ones I disliked (deliberate permanent death, or Temple guards). This meant that for several 'months' in game I always had action points whenever they wanted attention, and due to the very specific fetishes (submissive exhibitionist voyeurs), tending to one would also raise all the others.

Gold is really only a problem in the first 2-3 weeks of the game, when the girls are still easy to kill, and the player hasn't had time to 'farm' enough affection to have sufficient mana to revive the dead. After you get a core group to between levels 5 and 10, gold becomes irrelevant, you have more than you can use and nothing to spend it on. I use an Amazon, Archer, Sorcerer, Priestess combination and by level 5 they can easily punch out 20+ encounters in a single trip, which means they all very quickly acquire alot of magic items for the various fetishes, which leads to the runaway lust problem in town, and stupidly high amounts of golds.

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
The runaway lust was an experience from versions 0.2 through 0.4, I had 5 girls with upwards of 500-600 lust & affection, because it was very easy (then) to manipulate all my girls to be submissive, exhibitionist, voyeurs. I still have a save from 0.4 if I can figure out where they're kept and whether it's seperate from my other saves.

In addition, in those older versions, once I figured out I couldn't actually 'tend to' more than 5 or so girls, I deliberately got rid of the ones I disliked (deliberate permanent death, or Temple guards). This meant that for several 'months' in game I always had action points whenever they wanted attention, and due to the very specific fetishes (submissive exhibitionist voyeurs), tending to one would also raise all the others.

Gold is really only a problem in the first 2-3 weeks of the game, when the girls are still easy to kill, and the player hasn't had time to 'farm' enough affection to have sufficient mana to revive the dead. After you get a core group to between levels 5 and 10, gold becomes irrelevant, you have more than you can use and nothing to spend it on. I use an Amazon, Archer, Sorcerer, Priestess combination and by level 5 they can easily punch out 20+ encounters in a single trip, which means they all very quickly acquire alot of magic items for the various fetishes, which leads to the runaway lust problem in town, and stupidly high amounts of golds.
Thanks for your report. I'm gratified by the fact that you're still playing characters close to level 10. The content isn't there yet for the higher level characters, and hearing reports like this urges me to work on higher level content. 20+ encounter trips won't happen in 0.6. I had the same experience, and find those long trips tedious as well as unbalancing. (And not just for the possibly still-overpowered exhbitionist-voyeur combo... get a good bunch of sadists on a huge trip and they can come back with tons of lust.) Either way, I think the game is more interesting if those high level characters go on shorter but more challenging expeditions.

Somtaaw101

Jun 14, 2017
Id actually suggest/recommend something he setup to handle the runaway gold issue first as opposed to high level characters. While doing the 20+ encounter on a single trip farms, mindlessly clicking attack/shoot with an occasional 'heal all' to keep everyone going, we get truly incredible levels of gold but nothing to spend it on.

Also the ability to dismiss girls immediately, from the home base. Giving them to the temple is great and all, but it is both a random encounter, and can only be done when you have a dungeon team ready to go, and didn't to the Blood Plains last trip.

Finally, casters could use some love, being able to see how much mana they have and how fast its recharging. Additionally, the damage for the sorcerer and enchantress is very low for their inability to spam spells. Level 1 sorcerers deal 2-3 damage per fireball, but level 5+ sorcerers seem to cap out at around 5 damage per fireball yet have the same cap of ~4 fireballs before they're out of mana.

Meanwhile, the new pirate's scattershot pistol hits all enemies, can be spammed without cooldown in addition to actually being good at melee range, actually completely replaces the Sorcerer as the ideal AoE party member. Only reason to keep a Sorcerer now, is because she has a hot model to play with in town.

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Id actually suggest/recommend something he setup to handle the runaway gold issue first as opposed to high level characters. While doing the 20+ encounter on a single trip farms, mindlessly clicking attack/shoot with an occasional 'heal all' to keep everyone going, we get truly incredible levels of gold but nothing to spend it on.

Also the ability to dismiss girls immediately, from the home base. Giving them to the temple is great and all, but it is both a random encounter, and can only be done when you have a dungeon team ready to go, and didn't to the Blood Plains last trip.

Finally, casters could use some love, being able to see how much mana they have and how fast its recharging. Additionally, the damage for the sorcerer and enchantress is very low for their inability to spam spells. Level 1 sorcerers deal 2-3 damage per fireball, but level 5+ sorcerers seem to cap out at around 5 damage per fireball yet have the same cap of ~4 fireballs before they're out of mana.

Meanwhile, the new pirate's scattershot pistol hits all enemies, can be spammed without cooldown in addition to actually being good at melee range, actually completely replaces the Sorcerer as the ideal AoE party member. Only reason to keep a Sorcerer now, is because she has a hot model to play with in town.
Agree about Sorceress/Pirate. Fireballs will do slightly more damage; the Pirate grapeshot attack was actually supposed to have a chance to miss each target, so it's been more effective than intended. That will be fixed, and the combination should adjust that balance.

The 20+ encounter trips will not be happening. As of 0.6, once a party reaches an end destination (the temple, Coita, and there will be some more added) it will turn around and head home, fighting its way back, but finishing after around 12 encounters. That should reduce gold supply in successful games without diminishing gold for people who are struggling.

Not sure what you mean about Enchantress, as she can spam her Charm ability.

The Temple isn't a truly random encounter -- you always encounter it if you've gone deep enough into the plains. And despite the coloration, you can go to the Plains twice in a row.

Ophoenix

Aug 19, 2017
I am not really sure that the gold supply matters much honestly. I noticed the same thing as Somtaaw101 did. After the first couple of weeks, it just didn't matter anymore. There just isn't that much to buy. Energize costs 100, Angelic dreams costs 300, Seraphic dreams costs 1000 (I think?). Hire 2 more girls because I can't really keep more than that happy and boom, anything over 3000 gold is just a pretty number that I stopped paying attention to. It is kinda like air. I need it, but there was so much of it around me as I went around doing other stuff that I don't really pay much attention to it.

Before bothering trying to control how much gold or mana higher level adventurers get, I would figure out ways to spend it.

I hadn't really thought about getting a few hundred lust/affection with the Voyeur/Exhibitionist combo. I just like em half naked, and the voyeur let me use my slave to keep em all horny. I tended to use a lot of kisses, and only really focused on enjoying one sex scene a day, because I was building up their lust so that Demonic Dreams would work. I didn't build up a lot of mana because I was constantly casting Demonic dreams in the last update. This update, I didn't worry as much about mana because I would really only spend around 400 of it total. 120 on Demonic dreams for 6 ladies, the rest on buying the demon spells and opening the dungeon. With a healer in the party, my girls tended not to die, and without a healer, they tended to die fast, so I always have a priestess in the group and that makes resurrection more of a fail-safe than a regular use thing. I never use the Angelic or Seraphic dream spells.

Also, I just finished the third level of the dungeon. I really like the adventure aspect of named enemies and trophies like her ring. Maybe eventually we could get a dungeon to drag the pretty named enemies back to, with whips and chains and stocks and a fortuitous lack of adequate clothing?

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
I am not really sure that the gold supply matters much honestly. I noticed the same thing as Somtaaw101 did. After the first couple of weeks, it just didn't matter anymore. There just isn't that much to buy. Energize costs 100, Angelic dreams costs 300, Seraphic dreams costs 1000 (I think?). Hire 2 more girls because I can't really keep more than that happy and boom, anything over 3000 gold is just a pretty number that I stopped paying attention to. It is kinda like air. I need it, but there was so much of it around me as I went around doing other stuff that I don't really pay much attention to it.

Before bothering trying to control how much gold or mana higher level adventurers get, I would figure out ways to spend it.

I hadn't really thought about getting a few hundred lust/affection with the Voyeur/Exhibitionist combo. I just like em half naked, and the voyeur let me use my slave to keep em all horny. I tended to use a lot of kisses, and only really focused on enjoying one sex scene a day, because I was building up their lust so that Demonic Dreams would work. I didn't build up a lot of mana because I was constantly casting Demonic dreams in the last update. This update, I didn't worry as much about mana because I would really only spend around 400 of it total. 120 on Demonic dreams for 6 ladies, the rest on buying the demon spells and opening the dungeon. With a healer in the party, my girls tended not to die, and without a healer, they tended to die fast, so I always have a priestess in the group and that makes resurrection more of a fail-safe than a regular use thing. I never use the Angelic or Seraphic dream spells.

Also, I just finished the third level of the dungeon. I really like the adventure aspect of named enemies and trophies like her ring. Maybe eventually we could get a dungeon to drag the pretty named enemies back to, with whips and chains and stocks and a fortuitous lack of adequate clothing?
Yeah, actually I'm more concerned with the fact that the endless expeditions could get tedious. The fact that stopping them reduces the flow of something that is overly plentiful already is a nice side effect. And from a story point of view I like the idea that the expeditions have an objective, rather than being just random wanderings.

Yes, about capturing named enemies. Not super soon, but on the list of cool things to have, for sure.

Thank you for sharing how you play the game and the results you're getting. That's very helpful.

dball77

May 5, 2017
Is there a way to boost my maximum available attention? I hate trying to decide who to refuse.

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Is there a way to boost my maximum available attention? I hate trying to decide who to refuse.
enable the console (gamefolder/renpy/common and look for console.rpy open as txt and hit crtl+f and search for config.console = False and change to True, the T must be capitalized) then while in game press shift+o (the letter o) and type attention = x with x being any number you desire. It's only for that day and must be done and can be done at any point (though you'll want to do it immediately after choosing next day)

Reactions: IlMato

Somtaaw101

Jun 14, 2017
Yeah, actually I'm more concerned with the fact that the endless expeditions could get tedious. The fact that stopping them reduces the flow of something that is overly plentiful already is a nice side effect. And from a story point of view I like the idea that the expeditions have an objective, rather than being just random wanderings.
In a sense though, having the ability to do long expeditions is good. The only things to do right now, is going on long expeditions or sitting around town getting laid, or in otherwords, farming exp & gold, or farming mana.

And nobody is forcing us to keep going into fight after fight, but ourselves. If we want to send out a dungeon group and only do 1 battle before returning to town, its our choice. It can become almost a semi-friendly challenge here on the forums... adding a battle counter means we can take screenshots and upload for a competition of who can go into the most consecutive battles without getting sent back to town.

That would also let you see usage based on who we use most, allowing for better balancing.

Reactions: PharahBackside

dball77

May 5, 2017
enable the console (gamefolder/renpy/common and look for console.rpy open as txt and hit crtl+f and search for config.console = False and change to True, the T must be capitalized) then while in game press shift+o (the letter o) and type attention = x with x being any number you desire. It's only for that day and must be done and can be done at any point (though you'll want to do it immediately after choosing next day)
Thanks!

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Ok I tried the game so I think it would be good to give a bit of feedback:

-First of all I would like to analyze the current main character that you are, I would say it is quite incomplete for now because as a manager it would make sense that we had a few stats to increase, it's okay to not have battle related ones, but perhaps a "managing" stat with which the higher it is the better the new talents that wanna join us (for example low managing stat will attract level 1 adventurers and with bad traits, however high managing will attract adventurers of better level with positive traits) and "logistics" that determine how much health can your party recover after every battle (I would recommend from 0 to 20% of max hp of the character). Finally I would recommend that our character can get fetishes based on repetitions and that it has some effect, like changing scenes a bit or attracting people with complementary fetishes (like exhibitionist and voyeur).

-Next I would like to talk about the characters of the game, I understand that it is an early phase of the game but all the characters are overly generic, in fact you will not notice the differences in them. What I would recommend is that you could create a unique character for each class that give a unique feeling, at the start it's okay if they are generic. Another point is that the characters don't seem influenced by their fetishes except for the special scene that it may unlock, having fetishes should have advantages and disadvantages, for example a bisexual character may be pestering another girl of your team trying to bed her and that will affect her happiness with her situation, making you pay more to have her in the team (of course if the girl was a lesbian or bisexual it could be a profit).

-About the scenes first of all I have to say that it's weird that you can gain affection only by having sexual acts, I would recommend being able to talk or interact with the girls and only when they have enough affection will you unlock the scenes, another point is that we are free to choose what scene we have with the girl and while it is appreciated with submissive girls, with normal or dominant ones I think it should give the feeling of their personalities, for example a shy girl with high affection may decide to kiss you and leave fast while blushing a lot and leave the choice to the player about how to react to that situation.

-Another thing that I think it needs is the pureness that a girl may have, having a "corruption" stat may help in the sense that a low corrupted character may want to be your only girlfriend or even wife and it will severely impact your relationship with the girl if you fuck around with others. The jealous trait doesn't do a good enough job I would say.

-Finally I think we need more uses for the gold, one recommendation that could be interesting is adding goddesses statues to the game and that by offering a gold you could get a certain fetish on a girl, using the gold to upgrade your base or buying special items from peddlers that may be cursed or just be good items.

Overall the game is good, all the above are just recommendations that I had while playing the game and I have to say that the game can be enjoyed at the current point, the only thing that truly affects it is that generic feeling that the characters give. Have a nice day.

Reactions: Shanu

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Thank you DawnCry, some good feedback there. Glad you enjoyed the game. :)

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
Damsels & Dragons 0.6.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PC version: ,
Mac version: ,

BGallow

Nov 13, 2017
roster[x].affection = y affects affection for each girl. the x referes to the girls in order top to bottom starting at 0 for the top. I tried changing combat stats and hp for the girls and it bugs the game and kills them every time you go on an adventure.
Just use roster[x].experience = y {99999999} to increase their levels which improves all their combat stats.

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes