Ren'Py Completed Damsels and Dungeons [v1.2.41 Remastered] [Amaraine]

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes

Demiare

Sep 16, 2016
Thank you for sharing your ideas. I always like the idea of players making meaningful choices that have advantages and drawbacks, so I like your "banner" idea and I'll keep it in mind.
I waited for +/- your games for years so somewhat overfilled with ideas ^_^. Most of similar games I found previously were either jap (and grindy like hell) or futa/furry madness.

The Pirate isn't meant to be a regular back-rank fighter, so Grapeshot is meant to be only situationally useful (mostly against plentiful low-armored opponents.)
So... we can hope for some gunslinger char, huh? Maybe even dwarven / gnome lady? :cool:

Healing is more likely to be nerfed at this point than buffed, sorry.
But at least make basic post-combat recovery semi level-based. Something like 2 hp per turn since 4/5 lvl.

I don't want any class to be absolutely essential, and right now I'm getting a lot of feedback that the priestess is close to essential. It's very difficult to have healing in a game, and not have it become something people won't do without, but I'm watching the balance and working on it.
In that case you're almost lack of choices (at least I never see anything else) :)
  1. set up some hard limit on events per adventure (making healing less mandatory)
  2. throw healing around many chars
  3. nerf it into being useless
  4. leave as is
As partial solution will be nice to have very limited ability to heal (at least post-combat heal) girls. For example via potions or mana (if later - with limited amount of uses).

Or make priestess "heal" not real heal, but counter. For example - counter for poison (ofk it should became really cheap skill, plus maybe some tiny temporary buff if poison actually healed). Maybe for some other nasty (future) effects.

Jan 28, 2018
To make characters that can heal, it is best to have options to heal that are on par or even slightly behind the character to make it worth while.

I'd suggest something like 25% of max hp healed after each fight, or potions to use either in combat or after combat. Make it like D&D, and each character has personal use for potions, so you can buy your tanks like 2-3 potions, and your sorceress maybe 1. I did my first run without a healer, and it seemed fine. The Priestess just meant I could go on almost endless journeys for exp and gold, so I ended up with unlimited gold and nothing to spend it on.

If looking for more non human characters,
Gnome Illusionist (can scare monsters, or add mirror images to self or party member),
Halfling Thief (can steal from enemies, chance to gain items or gold from monsters)
Half Orc Commander (has a passive skill that makes other party members do a little better, hit for more, spells hit harder, debuffs last an extra round, etc. Otherwise she can just fight and maybe block a specific party member instead of taking all aggro)

Really like the concept for the game! It's pretty awesome

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Thank you, both of you... some good ideas here. Level basing post-combat recovery is a good idea; a hard limit on events per adventure is in place as of 0.6, and I closed a loophole in 0.7; 0.7 has a character that does a type of passive healing.

Appreciate the desire for more non-human characters, too. It's partly a matter of finding a model that I feel I want to work with. Definitely would love to have an orc character, and thought I had one lined up, but it turned out they didn't provide mats for her genitalia. :p

Potions -- yes. I could do that now, by having "Potion" objects fill up a characters inventory. I would much rather have a potion stat that keeps track of the number of potions they have, but that would require breaking saves, and I'm trying to save up save breaking ideas so I can do a whole bunch at once.

Reactions: Akaros

Seipherwood

Sep 8, 2017
Maybe have it so every X amount of movement you get a choice to make camp and rest to heal up?
Have a way to teach the girls First Aid so the after combat message "bandage up" actually does something?
Any plans to add more stuff to use gold on? I bought armor for 2 of my characters and have yet to see another use for it besides the 3 spells.

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Maybe have it so every X amount of movement you get a choice to make camp and rest to heal up?
Have a way to teach the girls First Aid so the after combat message "bandage up" actually does something?
Any plans to add more stuff to use gold on? I bought armor for 2 of my characters and have yet to see another use for it besides the 3 spells.
Yes, there's buildings and potions to buy (not healing potions) in 0.7. And the ability to make some donations to factions.
Bandaging currently restores 1 hp per character, so it does *something*. There are chances to camp and heal up completely at the "end points" of journeys, before making the trip back home.

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
Damsels and Dungeons 0.7.png

Travel to the city of Orech, with its temples, brothels, and apothecaries, with the aid of a new front-line fighter, the Valkyrie. Build a dungeon to torture your girls in, or build a brothel and hire whores in the city. Participate in the erotic rituals of ancient gods.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

version PC: ,
version Mac: ,

Sep 4, 2017
" File "game/script.rpy", line 185, in script call
call Plains from _call_Plains
File "game/plains.rpy", line 28, in script call
call DominionChateau from _call_DominionChateau
File "game/plains.rpy", line 248, in script
python:
File "game/plains.rpy", line 252, in <module>
girl.attraction -= 10
AttributeError: 'PC' object has no attribute 'attraction'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 185, in script call
call Plains from _call_Plains
File "game/plains.rpy", line 28, in script call
call DominionChateau from _call_DominionChateau
File "game/plains.rpy", line 248, in script
python:
File "C:\Users\len\Desktop\Damsels-0.7-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 827, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\len\Desktop\Damsels-0.7-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1764, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/plains.rpy", line 252, in <module>
girl.attraction -= 10
AttributeError: 'PC' object has no attribute 'attraction'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.13.2919
Damsels and Dungeons 0.7"

flescu

Jan 31, 2017
Thanks for the update. Seems to work fine except talking to the girl which got the which queen reward causes a crash. Tried giving it to differnt girls but seems i can't avoid this problem.

Sakone

Jun 26, 2017
I suddenly can't go on adventure anymore. When I click the adventure button the options aren't there anymore. Is this a bug, or did I do something wrong? Do I just have to restart game?

Nevermind... seems I just had to click on 4 team members, then the options showed up.

Somtaaw101

Jun 14, 2017
took a break from version 0.5 until now, this Dark Elf and especially Valkyrie look great, might just be changing my party up considerably now. Is the drow able to use her Faerie Fire from melee range? Assuming she's remotely like the stereotypical Drizz't drow, she should, but checking to be certain.

In regards to the formation, any chance of changing it to pick the exact position for shuffling? Telling say your slot 4 (bottom/rear) girl to advance can put her all the way to the front, or having an tanky girl in the very front to retreat puts them in the far rear can be frustrating on occasion. Being able to have more control over advance/retreat allows for greater tactical choices (slot 1 "tanks" only retreating to #2 slot, instead of 3/4, Slot #4 advancing to 3, to put a badly wounded girl even further back, etc.

In addition to the above, possibly having a default formation, so even if you change things up during one fight (with say Valk/Barb/Drow/Sorc) and then have the Drow advance to go melee for a bit... the next fight pops up and the girls have returned to default; rather than starting with the same line-up you last finished in. This should ease some reliance on the Priestess, without notable increasing the need for a Valkyrie, as both Amazons and Barbs are still quite acceptable 'sponges'.

Grygus

Nov 13, 2017
ValkyrieAnal.png should have a space in the file name. Also, gaining the Slave Collar blows up some interactions such as the fountain encounter and request for sex back in town for whomever is wearing it. Here is the error:

Diablix

Apr 27, 2017
Is it normal that I have to defeat an enemy like 20 times before an encoounter ends?
As an example i go to the catacombs, i kill the first party (2 orcs and a goblin mage) and then both me and them pop up with max health until i kill them like 20 times...

EDIT: I think i found the bug: it only happens if in the prefs menu I have: rollback side - left selected

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
I can confirm that giving the Witch Queen's collar to my Barbarian causes issues when interacting with her in town.

If you ignore and continue

I may be getting two errors because my Barbarian is ready for level-up, but I don't know that for sure.

eddie297

Jun 17, 2017
The Valkyrie look good !
It will be necessary to update the help function, since there is no explanation of several traits as well as the addition of the recent clases.

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Thank you all for the positive words, and the error reports -- I'll look into the bugs soon, the day job has me busy today.

Seipherwood

Sep 8, 2017
Did .7 get Nightmare Mode turned on? I cant even go anywhere now. Valkyrie / Ranger / Sorceress / Healer ... its like they have 5% Accuracy and they all get killed before i even hit anything. Dont remember 0.6 being this impossible lol

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes