Ren'Py Completed Damsels and Dungeons [v1.2.41 Remastered] [Amaraine]

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
I've been missing out for a while, so pardon me if I'm mistaken or haven't seen this information in the previous pages (I just fast-read over them), but am I correct deducing from the changelog that no new story-related content has been added?
I mean, "only" a new class, bug-fixes and balance changes, right? No new events to look out for?
Asking for the sole purpose of searching them in the new play-through, not complaining. I think this game is awesome.

Edit:
BTW, I might have found a bug, since I can't explain this behaviour otherwise.
When a character is lazy we get options to solve the issue whilst starting an adventure. One is to spank them, which checks for its outcome whether the girl is a masochist or submissive.
I cheated the fetish for a character but the outcome wouldn't change.
Looking at the code in script.rpy I am under the impression that the check shouldn't be
Code:
if "Masochism" in girl.fetishes or "Submission" in girl.fetishes:
but
Code:
if "Masochism" in char.fetishes or "Submission" in char.fetishes:
Indeed the loop we're in is:
Code:
for char in roster:
so the variable should be char, since no girl variable is updated to pick the current girl.
I tried the fix and it seems to work.

Am I right or did I screw something up?

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
I've been missing out for a while, so pardon me if I'm mistaken or haven't seen this information in the previous pages (I just fast-read over them), but am I correct deducing from the changelog that no new story-related content has been added?
I mean, "only" a new class, bug-fixes and balance changes, right? No new events to look out for?
Asking for the sole purpose of searching them in the new play-through, not complaining. I think this game is awesome.

Edit:
BTW, I might have found a bug, since I can't explain this behaviour otherwise.
When a character is lazy we get options to solve the issue whilst starting an adventure. One is to spank them, which checks for its outcome whether the girl is a masochist or submissive.
I cheated the fetish for a character but the outcome wouldn't change.
Looking at the code in script.rpy I am under the impression that the check shouldn't be
Code:
if "Masochism" in girl.fetishes or "Submission" in girl.fetishes:
but
Code:
if "Masochism" in char.fetishes or "Submission" in char.fetishes:
Indeed the loop we're in is:
Code:
for char in roster:
so the variable should be char, since no girl variable is updated to pick the current girl.
I tried the fix and it seems to work.

Am I right or did I screw something up?
You're right, and it will be fixed in the next version. Thank you!

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Bug or Intentional?

Almost all classes have a button arrangement of "normal attack ... Special atk ..... special"

But for a huntress, hunter's mark is first.

for ease of combat, shouldn't it match the others?

Minor change, but important for continuity/gameplay.
I'll fix that. The original reason was that every class in auto-combat defaulted to the first option, but I rewrote the autocombat script, and shoot will be moved into the first position. Because the order is determined at character generation, it won't be fixed for characters in old saves.

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
WTF, what happened to the retreat back, and advance forward. Now it's all messed up. Why is it so random. My valkyrie was second in line and the button under her clearly said back to "back to designated position" but she shot forward. Why did it change from move up and move back? Sometimes simpler is better, the way it was. Now I don't trust hitting the button because there is no telling where everyone will go. My priest in back shoots all the way to first position and my amizon will jump all the way to the back. Just because I want my paladin to move back one spot just to pray.
I can't believe this was what was intended. What is the point of a retreat or advance button if you can not control where everyone goes? Just put one button there that says "screw up your lineup, and best of luck".
I'll retest this. What is intended is that everyone else remains in the order they were in relative to each other, so that...

if your order was 1A23, and you move A to the first, third, or fourth position, your order will be A123 or 12A3 or 123A, respectively. 1,2, and 3, not being the people you move, stay in the same order. Are you seeing something different that that happen?

Chill-E

May 7, 2018
I'll retest this. What is intended is that everyone else remains in the order they were in relative to each other, so that...

if your order was 1A23, and you move A to the first, third, or fourth position, your order will be A123 or 12A3 or 123A, respectively. 1,2, and 3, not being the people you move, stay in the same order. Are you seeing something different that that happen?
Yes, what you described is how it was. Before last 2 updates and it worked well. (I have my paladin in spot 2 and moved her back just to pray, then moved her back. But now it doesn't work. Like I know there is only one button to move and sometimes it says back others it says forward. But I hit it and (chaos) people are jumping all over. 1p23 ( p=paladin). I tryed to move 2 forward so my paladin could pray, I clicked on 2 move forward. Results 231p, then when I tryed to move back. I clicked on 3 to move back, result p132. I had no control and could only scroll back to before I clicked anything.

Thank you for replying and letting me know this is not intended. And thank you in advance for looking into it. I love this game. Even with it's little flaws.

Gratefully.

lucky65

Aug 15, 2018
Got 2 questions I hope can be answered. 1. How do you manage the console I can get gold, and attention, but no others to work without exceptions. I get either syntax error inputting, and or game crashes with big text log file popping up. If anyone can let me know should I request a mod to fix the girls slot stats in mod forum or is here ok? 2. I noticed a limit on NPC girls in the list, and wondered if the list is full of girls will it drop last or first when you buy an new girl to add since one of my favorites vanished when a new girl was paid for? I am not sure if wording is correct but hope someone can help. Been through all the pages, and looked in mod forum with no luck, and not seen an answer at least unless I passed it over.

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
You're right, and it will be fixed in the next version. Thank you!
No, thank YOU for making this game!

Got 2 questions I hope can be answered. 1. How do you manage the console I can get gold, and attention, but no others to work without exceptions. I get either syntax error inputting, and or game crashes with big text log file popping up. If anyone can let me know should I request a mod to fix the girls slot stats in mod forum or is here ok? 2. I noticed a limit on NPC girls in the list, and wondered if the list is full of girls will it drop last or first when you buy an new girl to add since one of my favorites vanished when a new girl was paid for? I am not sure if wording is correct but hope someone can help. Been through all the pages, and looked in mod forum with no luck, and not seen an answer at least unless I passed it over.
If you get those errors, it means the command you're trying to execute is wrong, because of syntax in the first case and because you're messing with the wrong stuff in the second case.
If you know how programming works, check the game's scripts to see how the various methods and variables are correctly used. If you don't, you can try to ask here what exactly you're trying to do and maybe someone will have an answer.

Regarding the character limit, it shouldn't make you drop any girl, iirc, just make so that you can't get new ones.

lucky65

Aug 15, 2018
OK well what i am having trouble doing is following exactly what the cheats say to do word for word . I got gold=xxx to work, and attention=xxx, and mana=xxx, and yet following the rest of the cheats exactly as written I get syntax errors.
I get coding errors and such even if I am not code savvy so I know following what a coder wrote down word for word should work. I am using the renpy console as instructed, and got 4 commands to work but nothing else in cheat spoiler works. That is why i asked in here if I should or should not ask about a mod for the game that bypasses the console part in this or the mod forum. I have looked through both this and mod forum but not ask in mod section in case here is ok to ask and maybe get answer or referred to where I can get more help.

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
OK well what i am having trouble doing is following exactly what the cheats say to do word for word . I got gold=xxx to work, and attention=xxx, and mana=xxx, and yet following the rest of the cheats exactly as written I get syntax errors.
I get coding errors and such even if I am not code savvy so I know following what a coder wrote down word for word should work. I am using the renpy console as instructed, and got 4 commands to work but nothing else in cheat spoiler works. That is why i asked in here if I should or should not ask about a mod for the game that bypasses the console part in this or the mod forum. I have looked through both this and mod forum but not ask in mod section in case here is ok to ask and maybe get answer or referred to where I can get more help.
Let's take the following as an example:
Code:
roster[X].fetishes.append("Fetish")
Do you know what to put instead of X and Fetish?
X should be a number from 0 to your character total minus 1. Let's say you have 4 characters. Then the topmost character is number 0, the one below number 1, then comes 2 and the last one is number 3.
In the place of Fetish you should put the name of the fetish to be added. But beware that valid fetishes for the game are those you can find in its code. If I remember correctly they are Submission, Exhibitionism, Degradation, Bondage, Voyeurism, Sadism, Masochism, Bisexuality (not sure).

lucky65

Aug 15, 2018
I did that exactly as it is written minus Strength etc.. parts at beginning of cheat list. I tried adding those and got errors there so I tried roster[1].strength=y, and got syntax error and a crash so that is why I am here again looking for help. No matter how I flip the phrases, space em out, put em together it returns errors and crashes, so for now I only do mana=yyy, and gold=yyy, as well as attention=yyy, plus exit works. Only those will work for me anything else freaks game out big time. I know you are trying to help sorry if I have tried what you said and it still bugs out on me.I am not trying to sound ungrateful for the attempt to assist.

noinoi

Jun 19, 2017
i love this game, but the fighting have become annoying.....i get in one group of opponents after another, without a pause...it has gotten very boring...

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
I did that exactly as it is written minus Strength etc.. parts at beginning of cheat list. I tried adding those and got errors there so I tried roster[1].strength=y, and got syntax error and a crash so that is why I am here again looking for help. No matter how I flip the phrases, space em out, put em together it returns errors and crashes, so for now I only do mana=yyy, and gold=yyy, as well as attention=yyy, plus exit works. Only those will work for me anything else freaks game out big time. I know you are trying to help sorry if I have tried what you said and it still bugs out on me.I am not trying to sound ungrateful for the attempt to assist.
I'm not on PC now so I can't check in the code, but the OP uses roster[x].str, not roster[x].strength. If the OP is right of course the command will fail.

i love this game, but the fighting have become annoying.....i get in one group of opponents after another, without a pause...it has gotten very boring...
Use auto-combat then.

lucky65

Aug 15, 2018
Ok I have tried all different combinations of codes so far, and only 4 I mentioned previously work for me. Having to constantly add attention=yyy daily to satisfy all the girls is a bit tedious, but at least it works up until traceback error on picking girls choices. I will endure the torture until I can figure why codes I input do not work when worded exactly as written in all your help attempts.

nojszu

Aug 3, 2017
Ok I have tried all different combinations of codes so far, and only 4 I mentioned previously work for me. Having to constantly add attention=yyy daily to satisfy all the girls is a bit tedious, but at least it works up until traceback error on picking girls choices. I will endure the torture until I can figure why codes I input do not work when worded exactly as written in all your help attempts.
Open 01dailyupdate.rpy in game folder, search for attention, change attention = 21 + (lich_king_defeated * 3) to attention = 999 or something.

And don't forget to restart the game.

Reactions: leldnief and sinrtb

lucky65

Aug 15, 2018
I do not want to mess with editing renpy files. Last time I tried it crashed game and had to re do whole download, and reinstall game due to too many erroneous error from editing one line of code. But ty for suggestion. I will wait to see if anyone makes an easy to use mode like they do for a lot of other games. I will endure the only 4 codes that work for me for now.

lucky65

Aug 15, 2018
Ok I just got the bug you were talking about when I started a new game, and went into woods for first time now stuck unable to use auto combat on any map. I am unsure if it is because I got new girls and not use default or not.

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes