Ren'Py Completed Damsels and Dungeons [v1.2.41 Remastered] [Amaraine]

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
I liked playing the game, quite the nice mechanics.
The side quests are fun (especial the Erish's Anklet, because more than one station)

My favourite group consist of Valkyrie(s) and/or Pirate(s) at the front and druids or druid and Drow/Heretic at the back. But combats get a bit boring with such a party.

The classes are quite balanced, but i suggest
- you make the impact of the songs of the bard level or stat related. At the moment, strong at level 1 and weak almost no impact at level 10
- you lower the impact of the mass entangle. i think the druid is a really strong second liner. I would make it a bit more expensive (2-3 mana) or strip only one level from the opponents.

If you have some slave/concubine, you never have enough attention, if not all of them are lesbians... i like it
nice concept for the building management
at first I thought that the sanctuary had no function, until I resized to many fetishes...

That brings me to another point a bit more manual would be nice, at the moment defaulted to using the code as doku, but that also means to many spoilers.
For example, what is the use of a building manager (aside from getting space in the roster, and so more mana with brothel work and lesbian fun)
which stats are important for a building.
You may think about using always the same name for the locations / dungeons. Maybe print it bold or in colour.
Also more 'dungeon' descriptions from the NPCs, in which dungeon to find a location.
For style maybe move the description of traits and fetishes in the dialogues of the NPC.
What's the difficulty (in numbers for example what levels of enemies) to expect in which dungeon.

Now some IMHO nice to have features
if you are on adventure maybe you could reduce the number of frames between combats, especial with auto combat:
x dies
(Valkyrie health bonus)
XP and gold
bandages
hp stats
question
is it most of the time, could that be only one frame?

In shops, when buying potions stay in menu, and show amount of Potions and Money

Can you implement a function to replace a building manager? With a large hit on affection?

For readability, maybe you can use Inheritance with the pcobject.
Give every character class their own program class, which inherits the base class, and move the character quest dialogues and and -logic in those classes.

Also more renders for the existing scenes are always nice
Thank you. I appreciate the input. I actually did start out with the character classes having their own program class, but it made some things more difficult (and ren'py has some inheritance issues, which is why Monsters and PC's don't inherit from one class. In any case, a change would break saves.

I really appreciate the thorough input you've given me. Thank you.

TwistGamerONS

Mar 31, 2018
I played around with this and found some cheats on the OP that were missing:
Name Change: roster[x].name = "NAME"
Class Change: roster[x].npctype = "CLASS" ex "Drow" or "Bard"

I used those to see a variety of different character classes and give them names I liked. As stated earlier roster[0] is topmost character. Second character is roster[1] and if you retire the character from adventuring and have her do something else then she can't be changed with that coding and all characters move up in list.

Reactions: setter6

sermona

May 15, 2018
is it intended that its realy difficult to have your queen as buildingmanger and have a headgirl?
In normal play you have a girl as headgirl. You can't name a queen if another girl is headgirl and the headgirl can't asked to be a manager.

so you 3 optionons get rid off the hedgirl:
- burry your headgirl or give it to the temple.
- befor defeating the lichking you have to get a dominat girl with latent fetish submissive, make it headgirl then make the girl submissive wait for the message resign from headgirl.
- you use the console: "head_girl = None"

after you dont have any headgirl you get your queen, name her manger, and asign a new headgirl.

or did i miss the function to do this right?

Reactions: cookie jar

Donbon

Oct 1, 2018
I've been playing abit of this game on version 0.15.2 and that was really good! Super excited to play the latest version!

Reactions: Amaraine

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
is it intended that its realy difficult to have your queen as buildingmanger and have a headgirl?
In normal play you have a girl as headgirl. You can't name a queen if another girl is headgirl and the headgirl can't asked to be a manager.

so you 3 optionons get rid off the hedgirl:
- burry your headgirl or give it to the temple.
- befor defeating the lichking you have to get a dominat girl with latent fetish submissive, make it headgirl then make the girl submissive wait for the message resign from headgirl.
- you use the console: "head_girl = None"

after you dont have any headgirl you get your queen, name her manger, and asign a new headgirl.

or did i miss the function to do this right?
The normal, intended, "easy" case is that your queen also be your headgirl, but I support any workarounds to that people have found.

Jul 17, 2018
I found a way to have every class of girl. First, you need to do Raphaella's quest, so you can build a temple. Then, do Azielle's quest, so you can build a school of perversion. Also, you need to build a brothel, and a dungeon. Once you have all the buildings, choose which girl you want in which building. For example, if you want your harbinger in the dungeon, she needs an item that will give her the sadist trait, because if she doesn't have the sadist trait, she will say no. Also, choose carefully who you want in the buildings, because once you put them there, they will not fight anymore. Once you have girls of different classes in your buildings, then you can fill up your roster with whichever classes you're still missing. Either wait for them to come to you, or go to the city of Orech and hire some adventurers. If for some reason you have 2 of the same class, you can either ignore one of them until she is unhappy and release her when she wants to leave, or get her killed, and bury her. I ended up with 15 concubines and 1 queen. I also have Raphaella, Azielle, Felicity, Carly, and Lucretia. It would be nice to be able to impregnate the girls, and have sex with Carly and Raphaella in a future update. Oh, and the dragon lady from the desert too.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

ArchmageFil

Aug 19, 2017
I'm a little confused, version 1.04 and 1.06 for patrons is published on the patreon page, and 1.4.1 here. 1.04 = 1.41 or is it a different version?

PhuckKnuckle

Jun 12, 2018
I found a way to have every class of girl. First, you need to do Raphaella's quest, so you can build a temple. Then, do Azielle's quest, so you can build a school of perversion. Also, you need to build a brothel, and a dungeon. Once you have all the buildings, choose which girl you want in which building. For example, if you want your harbinger in the dungeon, she needs an item that will give her the sadist trait, because if she doesn't have the sadist trait, she will say no. Also, choose carefully who you want in the buildings, because once you put them there, they will not fight anymore. Once you have girls of different classes in your buildings, then you can fill up your roster with whichever classes you're still missing. Either wait for them to come to you, or go to the city of Orech and hire some adventurers. If for some reason you have 2 of the same class, you can either ignore one of them until she is unhappy and release her when she wants to leave, or get her killed, and bury her. I ended up with 15 concubines and 1 queen. I also have Raphaella, Azielle, Felicity, Carly, and Lucretia. It would be nice to be able to impregnate the girls, and have sex with Carly and Raphaella in a future update. Oh, and the dragon lady from the desert too.
You should do a walkthrough as i have not yet gotten to a state of being able to have a queen, or carley I think you get from feleicity quest rescue sister ? but unsure, I agree with the Carly,raphaella and dragon lass too :)

Dravak

May 15, 2018
You should do a walkthrough as i have not yet gotten to a state of being able to have a queen, or carley I think you get from feleicity quest rescue sister ? but unsure, I agree with the Carly,raphaella and dragon lass too :)
hmm it isn´t that hard to get Queen status. or kill the lich king.
Why do you need a walktrough ?

First three quest area catacombs for item. or western wood for Azearelle.
Then do class quests when you are level 2 if those area´s are unlocked. (some won´t unlock till you are level 4)
Rinse and repeat, till you can unlock Bella third level catacombs.
Then go follow the quest Raphaella to kill the lichking, go to oreth donate some money. get the blessing.
Follow the quest area that say witch, then do lichking area. and promote the head girl to Queen (if you don´t have a headgirl cause of lack of dominate trait) I thought you could promote in 1.3 somebody else to Queen.

Didn´t play 1.41 as much cause lack of new content. aside from playing the bard.
So will wait til Amaraine gives for free the 1.5 :p

Reactions: PhuckKnuckle

PhuckKnuckle

Jun 12, 2018
hmm it isn´t that hard to get Queen status. or kill the lich king.
Why do you need a walktrough ?

First three quest area catacombs for item. or western wood for Azearelle.
Then do class quests when you are level 2 if those area´s are unlocked. (some won´t unlock till you are level 4)
Rinse and repeat, till you can unlock Bella third level catacombs.
Then go follow the quest Raphaella to kill the lichking, go to oreth donate some money. get the blessing.
Follow the quest area that say witch, then do lichking area. and promote the head girl to Queen (if you don´t have a headgirl cause of lack of dominate trait) I thought you could promote in 1.3 somebody else to Queen.

Didn´t play 1.41 as much cause lack of new content. aside from playing the bard.
So will wait til Amaraine gives for free the 1.5 :p
it is more for the whole "charactor has quest here " but how to get there ? so maybe a map more than a walkthrough
i know the battle system is easy enough to understand but sometimes just have no idea which way to head on adventure

Dravak

May 15, 2018
it is more for the whole "charactor has quest here " but how to get there ? so maybe a map more than a walkthrough
i know the battle system is easy enough to understand but sometimes just have no idea which way to head on adventure
The Thing is you don´t need a walktrough. basically you go on adventure for Money Items (so dirty traits to have sex) And level up (to unlock more quest area) and win Affection or corrupt the girls.

Some will say it is a grind, but atleast it is a multipe purpose grind. money to stay afloat and upgrade. girls you take out gains your affection points. items to ad more fetishes thus easier to corrupt. levels to unlock quest area and trigger event

Jul 17, 2018
It's not that hard. First, you need a team that you feel comfortable with. My favorite team is barbarian, harbinger, druid, and sorceress. Then, you need to make your team stronger. The western woods is perfect to start. Once your team is strong enough, do the quest in the catacombs. You need to talk to Raphaella to open the other 2 levels of the catacombs. Once you finish the catacombs and defeat Bella Morte, the next quest is The witch's lair. When you finish the quest and defeat the witch, you need to do the dark forest, participate in the ritual of Ishtar, and get to Orech, and go to the temple of Ishtar, and ask for the blessing. You need to have at least 80 reputation with Ishtar in order to get the blessing. You can increase your reputation by participating in the ritual of Ishtar over and over, or by donating to the temple. Once you get the blessing, then the quest of the Lich king's lair will unlock. Once you defeat the Lich king, the game will tell you who is eligible to be your queen, I suggest you don't have a head girl, because apparently your head girl and your queen can't be two different girls. Also, if there's a specific girl that you want as your queen, you need to wait until she has enough affection for you, and the game will let you know.

osmanaga

Jul 19, 2017
Can anyone upload 1.07 after its released(I think its going to be next monday). This thread is not updating well and D&D is one of the greatest.

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes