Ren'Py Completed Damsels and Dungeons [v1.2.41 Remastered] [Amaraine]

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes

RohanRider

Feb 25, 2019
My game doesn't have any sounds or music, is that intentional despite having volume options in pref or a bug on my end?

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018

Things are coming along with the next release of Damsels. The "mission" system I've been working on is in place, but needs some ease-of-use improvements before I release it; I don't anticipate any problems with getting that done, as I've done the hard part already. This will allow you to send groups of less than 4 girls on missions -- these aren't as helpful, experience and loot-wise, as sending a party of 4 out, but they make it less frustrating to have 7 girls and have 3 of them hanging around doing nothing all the time.
Additionally, I've done a number of Enchantress scenes that are unlockable once one has the right pre-requisites and as you progress along her story. I've also been working on the Vakyrie, but that's considerably less far along. I'll be wrapping up new development around mid-week next week and then I'll pivot to testing and bug-fixing.
I'll be releasing on April 29.

Reactions: DrackDrap

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
this and "A Strange Gift" are my goto games when i've run out of fresh updates and need something trusty and reliable to pass the time :p so less than two weeks to update :O

Apr 21, 2018
I cant raise str,dex etc, can someone help me with the command? Thx in advance
According R., you can use "char." and the stats names (str, dex, int, con, sexuality, lust, affection) to set the stats of a girl you are talking to. Just type "char.str (or whatever stat name you want) = a number you want the stat to be", without the quotation marks in the console while the girl whose stat you want changed is shown on the conversation screen.

Farizz

Jan 21, 2019
According R., you can use "char." and the stats names (str, dex, int, con, sexuality, lust, affection) to set the stats of a girl you are talking to. Just type "char.str (or whatever stat name you want) = a number you want the stat to be", without the quotation marks in the console while the girl whose stat you want changed is shown on the conversation screen.
Thank you sir, but when i raise their ability str and else, they dont have turn to fight, ( not in charmed from monster) if there any possible when i rai

Farizz

Jan 21, 2019
When i raised their experience and stats, they dont have turn to fight..is some one can tell me bout that? Thanks in advance

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
console cheating the stats kind of ruins and sort of breaks the game a bit...its best to only gold = xxx , mana = xxx and crystals = xxx and no other codes..you'll be much better off without ruining the game.

Apr 21, 2018
When i raised their experience and stats, they dont have turn to fight..is some one can tell me bout that? Thanks in advance
A few patches back there is a kind of bug where a girl with too high stats will never get her turn in combat. It has to do with how initiative is calculated based on stats. If the initiative is outside an arbitrary range of values, the script basically skips that step. Under normal gameplay it should never fall outside of that range, but modifying stats with too high a number would almost certainly do it.

I recall a recent update on the patreon page says it will be "fixed" but I don't know if it's a part of the latest update here.

Edit: ok so I looked up on the script for 1.10.1, the formula for initiative is: dexterity + intelligence + a random number between -2 to 2.

During combat, the game checks every participant in a combat (your party and mobs), and counts initiative steps from 42 down to 1. If an entity has an initiative value equal to the current initiative step, the entity gets to act. When all entities with the same initiative values have acted, the script goes to the next initiative step and looks for eligible entities, and repeat until it hits 0.

In other words, setting the dexterity and intelligence stats of your girls to a sum of greater than 40 you will have a bad time. A total of 40 would be the "maximum safe value" as it ensures her initiative can never go above 42.

Farizz

Jan 21, 2019
A few patches back there is a kind of bug where a girl with too high stats will never get her turn in combat. It has to do with how initiative is calculated based on stats. If the initiative is outside an arbitrary range of values, the script basically skips that step. Under normal gameplay it should never fall outside of that range, but modifying stats with too high a number would almost certainly do it.

I recall a recent update on the patreon page says it will be "fixed" but I don't know if it's a part of the latest update here.

Edit: ok so I looked up on the script for 1.10.1, the formula for initiative is: dexterity + intelligence + a random number between -2 to 2.

During combat, the game checks every participant in a combat (your party and mobs), and counts initiative steps from 42 down to 1. If an entity has an initiative value equal to the current initiative step, the entity gets to act. When all entities with the same initiative values have acted, the script goes to the next initiative step and looks for eligible entities, and repeat until it hits 0.

In other words, setting the dexterity and intelligence stats of your girls to a sum of greater than 40 you will have a bad time. A total of 40 would be the "maximum safe value" as it ensures her initiative can never go above 42.
Wow that is a great analise, thank you so much

Jul 17, 2018
console cheating the stats kind of ruins and sort of breaks the game a bit...its best to only gold = xxx , mana = xxx and crystals = xxx and no other codes..you'll be much better off without ruining the game.
Yes. I only use those cheats, plus this one,"for x in range (0,len(roster)): roster[x].maxhp=99;roster[x].hp=99;roster[x].maxsp=99;roster[x].sp=99" This cheat gives all your girls 99 hp and sp without breaking the game, but it resets, so you will need to enter it everytime your girls level up.

Apr 21, 2018
Yes. I only use those cheats, plus this one,"for x in range (0,len(roster)): roster[x].maxhp=99;roster[x].hp=99;roster[x].maxsp=99;roster[x].sp=99" This cheat gives all your girls 99 hp and sp without breaking the game, but it resets, so you will need to enter it everytime your girls level up.
The character's maximum spell point should not have been reset. Only the max hp would. This is because when leveled up, a character's new hp value is not calculated from maxhp, but rather maxhp_float. Since the latter variable isn't changed, leveling up would overwrite the old maxhp with a new, lower value.

This is not the case in the current version for maxsp because maxsp is already a float.

for x in range (0,len(roster)):
roster[x].maxhp=99;roster[x].maxhp_float=99.0;roster[x].hp=99;roster[x].maxsp=99;roster[x].sp=99

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes