5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Deleted member 1375045

Apr 21, 2019
While the new Jolyne artwork may look... possibly not as finished as some would prefer, as long as Dandon includes variants as she normally does, she can doe whatever she wants to it. Then again, it is her artwork, and thus she can do whatever she wants to it regardless.

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
While the new Jolyne artwork may look... possibly not as finished as some would prefer, as long as Dandon includes variants as she normally does, she can doe whatever she wants to it. Then again, it is her artwork, and thus she can do whatever she wants to it regardless.
Thing is, doing whatever you want as an artist doesn't pay the bills. You have to keep the people supporting you happy, and this is exactly why I don't subscribe to any artist that releases "packs." You should not have people paying full price for all of your art with the expectation that everyone wants all of your art. I don't know if most artists just go with the trend or they realize it's a bum deal, but I guarantee most of their patrons are paying for the entire pack to get just one character, MAYBE two if they're lucky. Why is it such a big deal to release each set as it's own item at a fraction of the price instead of making someone pay for a monthly "loot box" of characters and art they may or may not like? If they did, I wouldn't be waiting on sites like this for a download to pick out the ones I want to keep instead of paying an artist $10-$15 a month for a majority of art that I don't even like or want.

Reactions: Ancilla

Deleted member 1375045

Apr 21, 2019
Thing is, doing whatever you want as an artist doesn't pay the bills. You have to keep the people supporting you happy, and this is exactly why I don't subscribe to any artist that releases "packs." You should not have people paying full price for all of your art with the expectation that everyone wants all of your art. I don't know if most artists just go with the trend or they realize it's a bum deal, but I guarantee most of their patrons are paying for the entire pack to get just one character, MAYBE two if they're lucky. Why is it such a big deal to release each set as it's own item at a fraction of the price instead of making someone pay for a monthly "loot box" of characters and art they may or may not like? If they did, I wouldn't be waiting on sites like this for a download to pick out the ones I want to keep instead of paying an artist $10-$15 a month for a majority of art that I don't even like or want.
I get it. I only really have ever cared about Dandon's (and anyone else's) pregnant variants, and I don't pay one penny for any of it. I wouldn't want to pay $10-$15 just for one single variation. It's the main reason I come here: I download the batches for free, delete what I don't want (which for me is everything that isn't a pregnant variant) and I go on my way until the next batch is released. Seeing as I don't have any artistic talent myself when it comes to drawing, everything Dandon does looks amazing to me. Nobody can please everyone 100% of the time. If they could, 99.9% of the world's problems wouldn't exist.

ManBanana

Jul 11, 2021
I get it. I only really have ever cared about Dandon's (and anyone else's) pregnant variants, and I don't pay one penny for any of it. I wouldn't want to pay $10-$15 just for one single variation. It's the main reason I come here: I download the batches for free, delete what I don't want (which for me is everything that isn't a pregnant variant) and I go on my way until the next batch is released. Seeing as I don't have any artistic talent myself when it comes to drawing, everything Dandon does looks amazing to me. Nobody can please everyone 100% of the time. If they could, 99.9% of the world's problems wouldn't exist.
An individual of taste!

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Quoting my last post:
"At the moment I'm trying out a few things to improve my drawing skills a bit, and I'm working on some nice and sexy artworks that have a more dynamic style than the usual heavily rendered ones."

I guess low-poly Jolyne (and hopefully not Vermeil) is one of the sexy artworks that are more dynamic and part of her drawing skill improvement... I don't complain much, so, I'll just take what I can get. Looks like her style from late 2018 or earlier and yeah, gotta agree with Smith there (minus the preggo thing) since most of us, hell, even I don't know what people's standards are for quality in a drawing.

In my opinion, well, it's already difficult to put a certain balance between art dynamism (may include low-poly, half-finished-but-looks-like-finished non-rendered artworks that may or may not appeal to everyone) and "quality-over-quantity" that most of everyone look forward to.

Well, I suppose I have to look forward to the nicely rendered ones next month.

Last edited:

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
because they will put them on the spot for what standard of quality they expect from the artist from previous works
What you see is what you get. Yep, without WIPs, people always expect the best from the artist -- consistent improvement overall on their works and keep the people happy most of the time. WIPs make people fall into the speculative side and then wonder how well or how worse the art gonna look when its published, as much as this Jolyne artwork, hopefully not Vermeil -- can't fathom how disappointed some of us would be had Vermeil suffered the same fate as Jolyne

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
This month's is something else. Nice roster of new and returning characters.

Let's see if I can survive NNN

Jthebloody

Sep 24, 2020
I'll throw in my two cents in this: Dandon probably is not able, probably because of time constraints, of doing 6 fully rendered artworks per month... but we all already knew that. We've basically always got like 4 fully rendered and two less polished art pieces every month.
Some months it was less noticeable, some months it was pretty clear (remember the not fully rendered Ghislaine and the throwaway OC Zuna which I had to look for in my folder because fuck me I didn't even remember her name, only that she was downright terrible?).
I can tolerate it as long as the quality (and the quantity) of the fully rendered artworks doesn't drop under a certain threshold.
The Jolyne art isn't that bad per se, and if Dandon can mix it up with certain variations it might suffice: the other WIP, Vermeil (which I'm not familiar with) is probably gonna get the same treatment, while Neema and Raven will be complete artworks.
We shall see in the next few months how this goes and more importantly if the patrons will get behind it or leave: I'm currently a patron but I can't see the numbers of members as of now.

Reactions: CourierNPC

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
I'll throw in my two cents in this: Dandon probably is not able, probably because of time constraints, of doing 6 fully rendered artworks per month... but we all already knew that. We've basically always got like 4 fully rendered and two less polished art pieces every month.
Some months it was less noticeable, some months it was pretty clear (remember the not fully rendered Ghislaine and the throwaway OC Zuna which I had to look for in my folder because fuck me I didn't even remember her name, only that she was downright terrible?).
I can tolerate it as long as the quality (and the quantity) of the fully rendered artworks doesn't drop under a certain threshold.
The Jolyne art isn't that bad per se, and if Dandon can mix it up with certain variations it might suffice: the other WIP, Vermeil (which I'm not familiar with) is probably gonna get the same treatment, while Neema and Raven will be complete artworks.
We shall see in the next few months how this goes and more importantly if the patrons will get behind it or leave: I'm currently a patron but I can't see the numbers of members as of now.
Or this Lootbox, Sakimi Chan business model isn't as a efficient model for every artists that make it out to be when copying it. But slowly burning out their enjoyment of even drawing more the longer the use it.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes