5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Qwabado321

Apr 9, 2023
I dunno how people can be in such denial about the ai thing, the face looks like the generic '' stable diffusion waifu '' ai face it doesn't even look like her style and the proportions are also the same generic ai waifu thing with an oversized head on a badly proportioned small body it doesn't even look like her other work.

Reactions: thirstyman

Darkhooper

Sep 11, 2020
I dunno how people can be in such denial about the ai thing, the face looks like the generic '' stable diffusion waifu '' ai face it doesn't even look like her style and the proportions are also the same generic ai waifu thing with an oversized head on a badly proportioned small body it doesn't even look like her other work.
One could also say that you are in denial of it not being AI. Regardless, I find the latest Bubble artwork similar to the Bubble 2nd round and the Cheeky Bubble artworks, style-wise.

Reactions: jb44

Jthebloody

Sep 24, 2020
Okay, I'm going to ask you:
Does she always leave a belated reply when someone commented on some art packs ago?
That... used to be the case.

Sometimes she would reply to a few of the patrons on older posts.

Until a few months ago she used to reply to pretty much everyone on her "recent" posts, but it's been awhile since she did that too.

I've just checked my patreon billing for october: Dandon did not charge me anything (and honestly, I would have been fairly surprised if she did).

No artworks this month, but the complete lack of communication is starting to become worrysome.

Hagrane

Apr 4, 2020
I mean she maybe has some private stuff that she might don't want to speak about or to tell, that's why it's radio silence or maybe something else happened. I prefer not to judge her right now when she returns then we can discuss it but now I prefer to hope that's she's fine and well and just needs a big break.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
I mean she maybe has some private stuff that she might don't want to speak about or to tell, that's why it's radio silence or maybe something else happened. I prefer not to judge her right now when she returns then we can discuss it but now I prefer to hope that's she's fine and well and just needs a big break.
Maybe using "peak laziness" on the lack of content thereof probably a bit mean, come to think of it again.

Although, I do think that Patrons deserved to know the general consensus of what happened to her lately as she has been radio silence on most for quite a while... if she is willing to open up.

I'm astonished that she could keep up to this point with minimal communication

Hagrane

Apr 4, 2020
Although, I do think that Patrons deserved to know the general consensus of what happened to her lately as she has been radio silence on most for quite a while... if she is willing to open up.
Yes but again the most reasonal thing for me is to wait. I had in my life episode where I just couldn't bring stuff about my life to my relatives because I've been depressed. I'm not saying what's going on with her, I'm saying it from my perspective that she might just doesn't have enough strengh to say it to well her patrons. I mean we might not like it but for me it's fine.

Or she might play some game anyway I hope she's fine.

Last edited:

Jthebloody

Sep 24, 2020
Yes but again the most reasonal thing for me is to wait. I had in my life episode where I just couldn't bring stuff about my life to my relatives because I've been depressed. I'm not saying what's going on with her, I'm saying it from my perspective that she might just doesn't have enough strengh to say it to well her patrons. I mean we might not like it but for me it's fine.

Or she might play some game anyway I hope she's fine.
While I agree that what happens in your personal life is... personal, and sharing that kind of information with a bunch of strangers on the internet is questionable at best, Dandon does not need to do that.

She could simply pop online for a few minutes, write a post saying "Sorry guys, I'm taking some time off to sort out stuff IRL, I'll notify you when I'm back" and that's it.

Let's not forget that she draws for money (and because she's passionate about it) and the patrons (me included) are, at the end of the day, customers. When you have a profession like hers, keeping the clients "in the loop" is fairly important; this lack of communication can seriously hurt her business.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
I mean we might not like it but for me it's fine
Without her producing content, this thread is just for people who came into the AI discussion way too late restarting the loop again and again :KEK:

I was about to say something about "worst case scenario" but eh, I'll keep it to myself XD

ShounenPower

Oct 11, 2020
While I agree that what happens in your personal life is... personal, and sharing that kind of information with a bunch of strangers on the internet is questionable at best, Dandon does not need to do that.

She could simply pop online for a few minutes, write a post saying "Sorry guys, I'm taking some time off to sort out stuff IRL, I'll notify you when I'm back" and that's it.

Let's not forget that she draws for money (and because she's passionate about it) and the patrons (me included) are, at the end of the day, customers. When you have a profession like hers, keeping the clients "in the loop" is fairly important; this lack of communication can seriously hurt her business.
This is where you are mistaken. We aren't clients, we are patreons. The idea behind patreons is to provide support for whatever she decides to do. She is not legally bound to do anything or to listen to opinions. Sure from a moral standpoint it is better to show some respect to community you have built, if you don't want to lose it, but that's a choice not obligation.

For such reasons, I sub only to those who I vibe with or deserve my respect as an individual. Take Sakimichan for example, she is one of the biggest in the field, and she produces quality content, but the way she handles her patreon is simply off-putting. Minimal interaction and a typical business relationship with her customers. Her saving grace is her work ethic and consistency, which is how she manages to grow her fan base.

Jthebloody

Sep 24, 2020
This is where you are mistaken. We aren't clients, we are patreons. The idea behind patreons is to provide support for whatever she decides to do. She is not legally bound to do anything or to listen to opinions. Sure from a moral standpoint it is better to show some respect to community you have built, if you don't want to lose it, but that's a choice not obligation.

For such reasons, I sub only to those who I vibe with or deserve my respect as an individual. Take Sakimichan for example, she is one of the biggest in the field, and she produces quality content, but the way she handles her patreon is simply off-putting. Minimal interaction and a typical business relationship with her customers. Her saving grace is her work ethic and consistency, which is how she manages to grow her fan base.
You have a fair point, my friend.

We are patrons, not "clients"; still, much like it was in the courts of nobles during the Renaissance, the success of an artist depended on the goodwill (and the money) of those who sponsored them; those who fell out of favor would see their career come to a screeching halt (or, worse case scenario, even their livelihood was threatened).

Now, of course this is not the case and I'm simply exaggerating: still, like you rightly said, it is a choice to have a friendly/good interaction and Dandon was pretty much doing that, while Sakimichan is far more business-like in her methods; still, right now there is zero communication on Dandon's part, not even minimal; and while I'm a very patient individual (in my line of work, you're either very patient or you end up with a nervous breakdown... or criminal charges for assault) I'm fairly sure there are other patrons that are less tolerant of her "disappearances".

I'm curious now, who are the artists that you support?

Reactions: thirstyman

BlinkyThe2nd

Jan 30, 2018
Not sure people give a fuck anymore, even less with AI making top tier art trivial.
Of course, by doing so, more technically-minded patrons can just feed his art through another AI and make their own pieces without paying him a cent. He's put his career on a time limit.

thirstyman

Mar 7, 2020
Shexyo did exactly that, got caught tracing and using AI twice and it boosted his popularity lol. Not sure people give a fuck anymore, even less with AI making top tier art trivial.
I sure do care and only commission artworks to real artists. When they offered me to use AI art I just sent them off. It's cookiecut, soulless, and has no way to capture the mood/intention behind a character/scene

Reactions: FilthySoul

ShounenPower

Oct 11, 2020
You have a fair point, my friend.

We are patrons, not "clients"; still, much like it was in the courts of nobles during the Renaissance, the success of an artist depended on the goodwill (and the money) of those who sponsored them; those who fell out of favor would see their career come to a screeching halt (or, worse case scenario, even their livelihood was threatened).

Now, of course this is not the case and I'm simply exaggerating: still, like you rightly said, it is a choice to have a friendly/good interaction and Dandon was pretty much doing that, while Sakimichan is far more business-like in her methods; still, right now there is zero communication on Dandon's part, not even minimal; and while I'm a very patient individual (in my line of work, you're either very patient or you end up with a nervous breakdown... or criminal charges for assault) I'm fairly sure there are other patrons that are less tolerant of her "disappearances".

I'm curious now, who are the artists that you support?
I support artist on whim, but here is a list of the most noteworthy I have subbed at least once.

• Areneesama -
    I am in his Discord server, and he occasionally chats there, giving his thoughts and making annoucements.
    One of the most down to earth people, very invested into his community.

• Muunai -
    The person is very kind and art is very high quality with multiple variations. However, they do their work even worse than Dandon in terms of consistency. Normally does pools for the next 6 months, but last time around in 2022 he went radio silent for 8 months. Afterward, came back explaining that has health issues and radio silence for 4 more months.
    However, last week we got the rewards and we received news for reworking the system.

• Lexaiduer -
    Kinda in the same situation in Muunai. Came back after long hiatus, gone in September. His artwork is more degenerate(Ahegao, Gangbang), if that's your thing. Reads his comments WHEN he is not hiatus.

• Club3 - - His art I can describe as a different variation of Lex, very punctual and quick to respond whenever I DM him.

• GiNoob - - Recently subbed to him. Very colorful and unique art, does unexpected crossovers. Interacts a lot, through comments. One unique thing about him is the box system, in which you don't play for a term like other artist, but you vote for characters in the current box term(4-6 characters). Tournament is determinate which characters will be drawn. There is NSFW bracket, and losers bracket for characters to be drawn in the same box, even if they lose.

• Roborobocap - - Korean artist but speaks English. In terms of community awareness, he is on the same level as Club3, not the most interactive (Asian culture). However, his CEO and Bodyguard series is probably one of the hottest pieces of work I have seen/read. How his patreon work is that you pay, and you get a continuation of the story, which he has been doing since he started in 2021. This is a bit of a double-edged sword since you get invested, but you kinda need the whole piece to enjoy in full. Rarely, does pools when he draws characters as mostly focuses on the doujinshi he is writing. Recently, started a new one as well.

There is also FoxyReyne which even came on this forum, and we had a talk about piracy because he/she knew that someone was leaking their shit. So we had civilized conversation about being horny degens who cannot afford stuff being Ukraine war/inflation and things like that and being force to pirate in order to get what we want. Very passionate and kind person, although the art is not my favorite but still very good.

There are other, but those are the most notable ones which come to my mind, rn.

As you see different people, different experiences, so pick whatever rocks your boat or aligns with your moral compass.
    Conversely, you can just say screw it and sub for pricks like Sciamano240 and Dishwasher1910.

Here is a preview of some of their family-friendly works taken from the Internet (my collection is too high-res to be uploaded as sample).

Araneesama

ara.jpg

Lexaiduer

lex.jpeg

Muunai

muunai.jpg

Club3

• club3.jpeg

Gainoob

gainoob.jpg

Roborobocap

roboro.jpg