5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

thirstyman

Mar 7, 2020
Saying it's AI based when we have a video of the entire drawing process is dumb as shit.
Ai based means that she let the Ai draw it and then redid it herself. Idk if it's true but the hand is still a mess. You can't argue with facts. Either she used ai or just fucked up, it's still fucked up.

Zelfer

Jun 15, 2020
Ai based means that she let the Ai draw it and then redid it herself. Idk if it's true but the hand is still a mess. You can't argue with facts. Either she used ai or just fucked up, it's still fucked up.
I don't mean to butt in but it feels like you forgot that hands are one of the hardest things to draw. That and humans make a butt load of mistakes.

Reactions: jb44

BlinkyThe2nd

Jan 30, 2018
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised Dandon's unannounced hiatus is both due to what's eating her and the recent AI art accusations chipping away at her motivation.

thirstyman

Mar 7, 2020
I don't mean to butt in but it feels like you forgot that hands are one of the hardest things to draw. That and humans make a butt load of mistakes.
true, but she never effed up. not even in her first artworks. That's a huge slip up that's entirely out of char. Whatever the reason, it means a significant drop in quality and effort.

Reactions: Zelfer

NotaGiantRobot

Jun 1, 2017
For what it's worth, when people started focusing on the hands as proof of Dandon using AI, I went through a bunch of her art from the last year trying to find similar minor mistakes. I found 3 from what I looked through. One where Nyotengus leg garter thing doesn't fully cover her leg on the right, Marins SFW 00t and 01t have ghost nipples, and a bit of a stretch, the mist from her Viper arts right hand is layered over the hand barely noticeable. So at least last year she has made a few mistakes. It's just that the AI talk made people look for something they wouldn't have noticed otherwise. Don't know if this helps or not.

Reactions: Zelfer and jb44

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Bubble becomes the straw that broke the camel's back because how it looked very similar to many AI artworks out there without Dandon addressing the issue whether she is assisted by it or not. She only addressed that the AI or not sites are unreliable -- maybe because she doesn't want get caught red-handed but hey what do I know? XD

I wouldn't be surprised if she took break for the rest of the year. Being artists these days not only sucked so bad, boundaries between hand-drawn piece and an AI slowly... getting blurry and not stopping at all.

I enjoyed her drawing since 2016/2017, and I think this year/decade is probably her lowest point yet.

Anyway, sorry for doomposting ^^

Reactions: thirstyman

Noobknight

Sep 26, 2021
Bubble becomes the straw that broke the camel's back because how it looked very similar to many AI artworks out there without Dandon addressing the issue whether she is assisted by it or not. She only addressed that the AI or not sites are unreliable -- maybe because she doesn't want get caught red-handed but hey what do I know? XD

I wouldn't be surprised if she took break for the rest of the year. Being artists these days not only sucked so bad, boundaries between hand-drawn piece and an AI slowly... getting blurry and not stopping at all.

I enjoyed her drawing since 2016/2017, and I think this year/decade is probably her lowest point yet.

Anyway, sorry for doomposting ^^
Nah dandon was peak until 2019 / 2020 . After that i agree with . The proportions are not .... Right .
At this point i don't even care about ai . Let her do whatever she wants to do . Just LET HER COOK

ghost60606

Feb 5, 2018
Um I honestly can't say is it AI generated or not. But I checked those identify AI with last pack and well but there's a catch we have step by step procces of process first pic, I didn't check video process but I have question if you do an AI generated art will you be putting an extra effort to do a step by step procces of creation if you just generated it by words?
So my answer is might be just trivial it might be some filter she used that gave it AI feel. For example I put Dandon's previous Bubble picture (which also gave me AI vibes btw but it is not) you see that there some filter plus some post work but it really makes art look different.

Edit: I also wanted to add that I saw a lot of AI art that looked liked Dandond Fuga's work, Cutesexyrobbuts Sakmichan and etc, because AI models just ripping it off, so that's confusion might be understandable.

View attachment 2801192 View attachment 2801193 View attachment 2801199 View attachment 2801200
Don't trust A.I detectors btw. They aren't worth shit. I put my own artwork, most of which predates A.I software entirely, and all the leading detectors bar one, said my stuff was most likely A.I generated! One of my pics, that is 8 years old (a particularly shit one, that any idiot could see was painted by an amateur) they said was 99% definitely A.I, lmao!
I even tried generating a SDif img to img of one of my old pictures and the detectors said it was human! :FacePalm:

"A.I or not" was the only one that had a slightly better success rate. It got a few right, but still failed enough times to be unreliable.

You'll see a lot of dandon fakes, as some guy (imo, scumbag) created a dandon Lora, that turns almost any pic into dandon-style, and it really works! You don't even need to be creative with prompts. Lazy A.I bullshit.

caliphate23werfg

Apr 19, 2020
I have been subbed to Dandon for about 5 years, and I work with GIMP to fix all the mistakes in her work and get the outfits done in the way I like. The AI art thing is so bullshit and literally just troll behavior. You can clearly see the semi-circle where she erased the hand layer on accident, it's faintly imprinted on the background around it as well. The finger placement is a little wonky but that is nothing new for her or any other artist.

She has frequent mistakes with layering on clothes or having the background slightly cut into the limbs of the character as well. It's nothing major, that's what all this free image editing software is for.

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
The AI art thing is so bullshit and literally just troll behavior.
When you see other artists pull this nonsense. It no surprising people came into the conclusion that it was AI. You don't need to do damage control to see how drastically change that art style is compare to what you normally see her put out.

Reactions: Noobknight

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised Dandon's unannounced hiatus is both due to what's eating her and the recent AI art accusations chipping away at her motivation.
This be a double-edged sword:
Good for mental/physical health
Not good for monayy

Jthebloody

Sep 24, 2020
So, we're at the end of september and I've checked every message on her last post (the July artworks from August 13): she has not answered a single one of them.

This is probably the longest "radio silence" from Dandon that I've witnessed.

I honestly don't know what to think.

Tomorrow/Monday I'll get the usual patreon billing, so I'll check that too just in case but I highly doubt she'll even bother to resume charging her patrons.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
I honestly don't know what to think.
Many artists were excellent and produced quality content that went down the drain instantly after an oopsie like this. Dandon, unfortunately, is one of them at the moment.

The only thing we can do is that Dandon is pulling through alright and just went peak laziness

Reactions: thirstyman
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes