Antman63995

Aug 24, 2018
What do you mean the other day? That status update was made two months ago.
I think he's talking about this:

"Nine months is laughable and we are ashamed of ourselves. But we are talking about days now so no reason to rush it out before it's absolutely ready for it. In the long run it doesn't make it any worse than it already is, but if the update sucks... "

Though I'm certain that "days" was the wrong word to use. Probably a month or two is my guess.

Reactions: BrothersKeeper

The French Tickler

Apr 12, 2020
I think he's talking about this:

"Nine months is laughable and we are ashamed of ourselves. But we are talking about days now so no reason to rush it out before it's absolutely ready for it. In the long run it doesn't make it any worse than it already is, but if the update sucks... "

Though I'm certain that "days" was the wrong word to use. Probably a month or two is my guess.
Would it really kill them to just have a release date? I mean, come on.

Reactions: RandyPhoenix

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
Would it really kill them to just have a release date? I mean, come on.
if they give you a date, and the same day they found a crashing bug or something that wont allow to proceed with storys and they have to delay it, you would rant about it, saying there was a date and they failed.
So that is why they dont give dates without being sure if you gonna have any problems, beside Oni itself sayed ihe update its in a few days (could be mid month or end of the month).

Reactions: aslover69

The French Tickler

Apr 12, 2020
if they give you a date, and the same day they found a crashing bug or something that wont allow to proceed with storys and they have to delay it, you would rant about it, saying there was a date and they failed.
So that is why they dont give dates without being sure if you gonna have any problems, beside Oni itself sayed ihe update its in a few days (could be mid month or end of the month).
Would I? I can understand having to delay the game if something fucks up. But we're talking 9 months of complete radio silence, so even if something screwy happens during development, yeah, a release date would be more preferable, but whatever. It's almost on it's way so I don't really care at this point.

Reactions: RandyPhoenix

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
Would I? I can understand having to delay the game if something fucks up. But we're talking 9 months of complete radio silence, so even if something screwy happens during development, yeah, a release date would be more preferable, but whatever. It's almost on it's way so I don't really care at this point.
Ok I agree this update takes way too long (unless it's worth it at the end but I doubt it since they "wasted" some months since one of the devs was sick and the other went missing or whatever) but they still gave some news not so long ago, plus they are active on discord

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
The Delays are understandable, they even communicated it and spoke what was the cause, they never been that radio silent.
In discord we just dont go around asking over and over about the update, since we know they working on it, we simply dont want to pressure them and cause problems in the development an happens to delay a bit more, aswell they give some info here and there aswell post teasers cause patreons and non-patreons ask.
I can say its understanble people being a bit toxic and bad because there is been no update for 9 months and they want to play, but reasons are there, other thing its the dates, they make in their minds a deadline but ends up going further then that, life problems or development problems, if they give you a date and like take extra 2 months cause of some problems people would rant over it, that is why they avoid making dates, beside they never gave dates the entire development, they would only state a date when there was very little to do and there wasnt any problems until there.

Joltman320

Jul 7, 2021
The Delays are understandable, they even communicated it and spoke what was the cause, they never been that radio silent.
In discord we just dont go around asking over and over about the update, since we know they working on it, we simply dont want to pressure them and cause problems in the development an happens to delay a bit more, aswell they give some info here and there aswell post teasers cause patreons and non-patreons ask.
I can say its understanble people being a bit toxic and bad because there is been no update for 9 months and they want to play, but reasons are there, other thing its the dates, they make in their minds a deadline but ends up going further then that, life problems or development problems, if they give you a date and like take extra 2 months cause of some problems people would rant over it, that is why they avoid making dates, beside they never gave dates the entire development, they would only state a date when there was very little to do and there wasnt any problems until there.
How is the dandyboy discord server now days is the toxic/rude moderator still power abusing?
Lmao that crusty ass mothetrucker muted me for telling someone to use cheat engine to cheat fossils

Antman63995

Aug 24, 2018
True, but they could also say aimed release date is... and then also say that if there's a delay it would be around mid month, or serious delays would be end of the month. Or even just say it will be released this month or next month. It's better than saying nothing.

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
It's an shame though since the devs themselves seems like the chillest people, just can't stand their moderators on their servers though
Yeah discord mods in general are something else lol

4.00 star(s) 69 Votes